Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Performance drop.

Ekshore

vor 27 Minuten schrieb FollowTheFaceless:

Check the temperature of your videocard during the play. I noticed that unlimited framerate (without v-sync) causes mine to burning up to 90-100 degrees.

Even with your video card running at max load it shouldn't reach that temperature. Either the thermal paste on your GPU is crap or your fans aren't sufficient. My RX 480 on 4K with no framerate limiter tops out at 75°C.

29 minutes ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

Even with your video card running at max load it shouldn't reach that temperature. Either the thermal paste on your GPU is crap or your fans aren't sufficient. My RX 480 on 4K with no framerate limiter tops out at 75°C.

Thing is with v-sync the temperature now stays between 60-70. So I'm serious - check yours. 

vor 35 Minuten schrieb FollowTheFaceless:

Thing is with v-sync the temperature now stays between 60-70. So I'm serious - check yours. 

I have my stats directly from AMD with an overlay so I am certain it is what I said. And your video card reaching those temperatures is not normal (V-sync on or off) 

vor 1 Minute schrieb FollowTheFaceless:

Say that to DE. It's the ONLY game where it happens.

Even if it is the only game where it happens that doesn't mean the game is at fault. Your video card can consume a maximum amount of power (Watt). Your cooler on your video card is layed out to remove that heat (if everything is working as intended). Only a couple of things can influence the removal of heat from your GPU 1. The thermal paste 2. The fans and maybe 3. The airflow through your case. I don't know which card you have but 90-100 degrees shouldn't be reached at any given time. Even the hot nvidias from back in the day lingered at 95°C.

2 hours ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

Even if it is the only game where it happens that doesn't mean the game is at fault. Your video card can consume a maximum amount of power (Watt). Your cooler on your video card is layed out to remove that heat (if everything is working as intended). Only a couple of things can influence the removal of heat from your GPU 1. The thermal paste 2. The fans and maybe 3. The airflow through your case. I don't know which card you have but 90-100 degrees shouldn't be reached at any given time. Even the hot nvidias from back in the day lingered at 95°C.

This is actually Nvidia GTX 760 and no, it's completely the game's fault cause I changed thermal paste (and coolers works fine) and in "calm" conditions (no games or visual editors running) temperature is around 40.

P.S. And I'm not the only one who experienced permanent instafreezes which, as it turned out, occurred because of such overheating.

21 hours ago, -Legendzzz said:

I found solution and FPS is back to normal you wont even belive what the problem was.... fps.jpg

Solution is DOWNLOAD standalone Warframe something is wrong with STEAM one.  Enjoy the FPS back smooth as silk ;). 

seriously? So you solve the problem?

On 4/23/2018 at 9:04 PM, -Legendzzz said:

I found solution and FPS is back to normal you wont even belive what the problem was.... fps.jpg

Solution is DOWNLOAD standalone Warframe something is wrong with STEAM one.  Enjoy the FPS back smooth as silk ;). 

That has to be a joke... Are you saying that something from the Steam Launcher it may be affecting the game? It could be, yes... On the other hand, this is going REALLY bad for many players. You can even realize that because even the Launcher animations are stuttering sometimes!

PS: Don't take the "That has to be a joke" as something ironic, I just said it because well... I'm getting too stressed with this, Legend.

Same here, have huge performance drop after Last Game and Nvidia updates. Nvidia Px is off (just hate too much particles on the screen). Also notice, that FPS continuously start dropping down, if I start mission with ~130 FPS, after some minutes it can go down to 30 and less... Never happen before.
Also GPU load is lower, than usual...

On 2018-04-27 at 1:43 AM, Undirys said:

That has to be a joke... Are you saying that something from the Steam Launcher it may be affecting the game? It could be, yes... On the other hand, this is going REALLY bad for many players. You can even realize that because even the Launcher animations are stuttering sometimes!

PS: Don't take the "That has to be a joke" as something ironic, I just said it because well... I'm getting too stressed with this, Legend.

I dunno atleast for me problem is solved i get great FPS now even with 4 ppl party. could be bug or something i had with steam but i had like 60fps in 4ppl party but now as you can see bellow. 

31170391_10155662927516025_1633514343435

Since yesterday im having an issue with the performance, when i go in to the arsenal(warframes,weapons,etc...) mi fps go from 60 to 17 steadily 1 fps per second like i click a warframe, and my fps go 1 per second going down to 17,then for going back up in fps i have to restart the game or get in to a mission but in onslaught the problem appears again going down to 9 fps climbing up to 20 when 2 days ago i could play in 60 with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-04-23 at 7:04 PM, -Legendzzz said:

I did this and I'm still having this issue.

I'm having these issues too,

My specs:

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

RAM
8.0 GB

I experienced that some maps, Aswell as players joining can trigger this.
I often play in 4 man parties and when stuff really gets hairy my fps drops from 120 to 80/90 fps never more, but when the bug/glitch happens my fps drops into the 50's and gradually start degrading until I leave the mission, But it doesn't stop there its still affecting my game and joining any other mission starts my fps in the 50's again and again gradually dropping.

It's like playing with a ticking time bomb, but instead feeling like you're ticking out of time its your fps.
My only solution now has been restarting warframe and avoiding the last mission I played until it happens again in another mission.

I hope we and DE can find out the problem and fix it.

CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz

RAM:16GB

GPU: GTX 1060

I'm getting FPS drops in general, but squads are way worse. Can sometimes go into the 40s.

Notable experience was in the plains. I joined a bounty squad and stage one was hacking a drone on the beach. Nothing going on at this beach and yet my FPS is hanging around 70fps. I left immediately and went to the same spot solo and boom 120fps as expected.

This doesn't seem related to time played for me at least as I've tested right after opening the game. I'm not seeing high GPU usage either.

I see people with even better PCs have similar drops.

Edited by McSkops

So I tried somthing different. I went in and turned on V-sync even tho I'm running a G-sync monitor. and I managed to go through 20 waves of defense with out problems. I will continue to see if it has fixed my issue

1 hour ago, CodeNameFireBird said:

So I tried somthing different. I went in and turned on V-sync even tho I'm running a G-sync monitor. and I managed to go through 20 waves of defense with out problems. I will continue to see if it has fixed my issue

Yes I can confirm I have been playing all after noon after making this change and I have not had any framerate problems. If some other people would like to try this and confirm it that would be great! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

*FIX (for me at least) [Steam Client BTW]

I used to get random fps drop that wouldn't fix until restarting the entire game. Huge ones, like going from 144fps down to 30 - 40fps.. and it wouldn't fix until i restart. So i would restart the game like 5+ times a day. Finally i switched from Fullscreen to Borderless Fullscreen and i haven't had my fps drop like that ever again.

PS. I actually fixed this about a month ago, but just now noticed i didn't reply to this thread of my solution that worked for me. Also still haven't had any issues with the fps drop.

• 3 weeks later...