Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes I would like to see in Limbo... Prime

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

I am a Limbo main and I love his "Witch Hunter" Prime look.

Anyway, in terms of abilities, and although I am "quitte profecient" with him since his last rework, I would like to see some improvements made:
1- Remove his ability to Banish other players. Because it creates such a backlash and it annoys more than helps other players, I would recommend remove this feature from him. Even I, if I want to protect teammates, end up using the bubble instead of Banish. He would still be able to banish NPCs (enemies, hostages, and whatnot) and his Aug Haven would still work on allies/lures AND players close to them would receive the health buff also.
2- Change his Rift Dash to a stationary switch. It is terrible to find a good spot and them have to dash out of it to do a shot (this is terrible in both ways - in or out). I would recommend changing by pressing and holding the jump button. Would still create a portal for other players to follow, if they so choose (but I think the portal would have to be a bit bigger and/or stay active longer). This would also work with bullet jump, by doing the same method (slide, jump-hold = portal, switch) because I admit that dashing into Rift sometimes is useful, specially when running to extraction.
3- VERY IMPORTANT! Make him Banish enemies WHILE IN RIFT. I know, everybody complained/asked for this since his rework, but it is frustating to have to go back and forth of it just to kill some enemies. I also acknowlegde that this is harder to implement now that his 1st has changed, so here's my idea: use Surge!
Right now Surge is a mess to work with because, even with the Aug that increases damage, it can backfire by letting enemies in Rift that you don't want too. Players end up using the more friendly bubble (see 1) instead of Surge, and only use it if the Aug is equiped. Imagine being in the bubble, protected, use Surge Aug to kill that bombard walking in, and then his entire platoon behind him also gets rifted but NOT surged. So you now have to cast Surge again AND other players that where engaging that platoon outside Cataclism, now can't do anyting... It's a mess. So what I am saying is: if we are in Rift we can activate Surge immediatly (like we do Stop) and Banish (at least) ONE enemy from outside into it (you know, like the oldie Banish worked). Then we kill it and his death puts nearby enemies also into Rift with SURGE already active on them (since Surge IS a duration based ability). Them we can repeat the process until everyone is dead... It would be a bit like Equinox Mend, but not so op. It would also give us a chance to use Limbo in Extermination, or run-and-kill scenarios.

EDIT: Because Limbo Stasis got changed I think another/better one could be made... Adding to point 1, Banish and Statis would be THE SAME ABILITY. Meaning, every ENEMY "Rifted" would automatically be stopped (this would also happen in Cataclism btw). This had two pros: we would have to waste time always casting both (which I am sure all Limbo players do) and it would free a slot for a NEW ability.

Limbo's 'speciality' would (now) be "time-stop" (a bit like Ember has fire, Frost has ice, etc). I know this is kind of a BIG change but now that squad can kill enemies inside Rift I really don't see what advantage having enemies "just" in Rift brings to player's gameplay.

So, yeah, just some pointers. Hope it helps... And looking forward to Limbo Prime!

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666
New Limbo changes

I disagree with the first proposition , I dont think you understsand just how usefull banashing player can be , take for example excalibur or mesa and they cant be touched by enemys while their powers can still kill

Edited by bad4youLT

5 minutes ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

I am a Limbo main and if he is next to be Prime, which no one seems to know if he is or isn't, I would like him to have (visually speaking) a oldwest profile to him. He is a Gentleman frame, but it would be nice for him to change from British to Merican by giving him a long coat and a cowboy hat, a Farwest frame... That, or make him full british with a regal profile, cloack and crown and everything.

(Disclaimer: I am not American or do I view myself in American politics, this is purelly a visual reference - just getting this out of the way, lol) 

Anyway, in terms of abilities, and although I am quitte profecient with him since his last rework, I would like to see some improvements made:
1- Remove his ability to Banish other players. Because it creates such a backlash and it annoys more than helps other players, I would recommend remove this feature from him. Even I, if I want to protect teammates, end up using the bubble instead of Banish. He would still be able to banish NPCs (enemies, hostages, and whatnot) and his Aug Haven would still work on allies/lures AND players close to them would receive the health buff also.
2- Change his Rift Dash to a stationary switch. It is terrible to find a good spot and them have to dash out of it to do a shot (this is terrible in both ways - in or out). I would recommend changing by pressing and holding the jump button. Would still create a portal for other players to follow, if they so choose (but I think the portal would have to be a bit bigger and/or stay active longer). This would also work with bullet jump, by doing the same method (slide, jump-hold = portal, switch) because I admit that dashing into Rift sometimes is useful, specially when running to extraction.
3- VERY IMPORTANT! Make him Banish enemies WHILE IN RIFT. I know, everybody complained/asked for this since his rework, but it is frustating to have to go back and forth of it just to kill some enemies. I also acknowlegde that this is harder to implement now that his 1st has changed, so here's my idea: use Surge!
Right now Surge is a mess to work with because, even with the Aug that increases damage, it can backfire by letting enemies in Rift that you don't want too. Players end up using the more friendly bubble (see 1) instead of Surge, and only use it if the Aug is equiped. Imagine being in the bubble, protected, use Surge Aug to kill that bombard walking in, and then his entire platoon behind him also gets rifted but NOT surged, AND other players that where engaging that platoon now can't do anyting... It's a mess. So what I am saying is: if we are in Rift we can activate Surge immediatly (like we do Stop) and Banish (at least) ONE enemy from outside into it (you know, like the oldie Banish worked). Then we kill it and his death puts nearby enemies also into Rift with SURGE already active on them. Them we can repeat the process until everyone is dead... It would be a bit like Equinox Mend, but not so op. It would also give us a chance to use Limbo in Extermination, or run-and-kill scenarios.

So, yeah, just some pointers. Hope it helps... And looking forward to Limbo Prime!
(NOT that I know that he will be the next Prime or anything, I am just saying...)

hey hey hey muuuussstaacheee

9 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

I disagree with the first proposition , I dont think you understsand just how usefull banashing player can be , take for example excalibur or mesa and they cant be touched by enemys while their powers can still kill

I agree with you. Banish is one of the most powerful and useful buffs in the game, but it's the way the buff is applied that gets flak from players, since it immediately stops that player's weapon effectiveness against enemies that generally are outside the Rift. Combined with Stasis and their Rift-bound gunfire gets delayed until Limbo knows when, nothing but limiting options again and again for very situational (albeit powerful) effects.

If Banish (and Limbo's portal) didn't instantly send players into the Rift, but Limbo only gives them the buff & his teammates get to choose to go in when they feel ready, I think that would improve its usage a lot. How Banish on enemies and friendly AI would be unchanged, so Limbo still has full control there.

5 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Oh, I understand. Unfortunatelly not many players do. Still, point 2 helps with this issue.

9 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Bro, have you ever played Limbo? Regardless of how powerful the frame is, a warframe in the rift can't touch an enemy outside the rift. That's why limbo is considered a "troll frame" lol.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Young Boy HT said:

Bro, have you ever played Limbo? Regardless of how powerful the frame is, a warframe in the rift can't touch an enemy outside the rift. That's why limbo is considered a "troll frame" lol.

Damaging frame abilities ignore the rift separation. An Excalibur in the rift can absolutely slice up enemies outside the rift with Exalted Blade.

Also, I've never played Limbo, but I have played Excalibur alongside him.

He's a troll frame because he makes guns useless, not frame powers, and because he can interfere with objectives like the consoles in spy and mobile defense missions.