Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im new? What should i know about this game?

Save starter platinum for Warframe/Weapon slots.

Orokin Catalysts (for weapons) and Orokin Reactors (for Warframes/Companions) double the amount of points you can use on mods on the item. Aside from being purchased, they can be obtained from random alerts, Invasion missions, and typically bi-weekly from special Gift of the Lotus Alerts that are done after a Developer stream.

The wiki is your friend: http://warframe.wikia.com

Modding is the key to power and survivability. Collect them and rank them up as you can.

Edited by Maicael

1 minute ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

Thanks, also i got a lith t1 and v3 relic what do the relics do?

They can be used in Void Fissure missions and unlocked to obtain a piece of an item that is considered "Prime." These are usually upgraded variants over their normal counter-parts such as Braton Prime or Paris Prime compared to the non-prime Braton and Paris.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

Thanks, also i got a lith t1 and v3 relic what do the relics do?

Relics are prime loot boxes. You do the appropriate void fissure mission and at the end of it after collecting 10 void drops it opens and you get to choose any players reward. But only that 1 reward. The peices are used combined to build that particular prime, a slightly better version than the vanilla version of a frame or a much better version if it's a weapon. Milage will vary.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic

These parts are also the best way to get more Plat currency in trading if you plan to play purely for free. 

Edited by Firetempest

At the end of every planet, there's this thing called junctions, they are essentially your progression marks. You'll get quests, some wapon blueprints (you can buy them but it's a nice thing to get for free as a newbie).

Side note :

Once you get in wf, you can never go back. You have been warned.

Leveling up weapons increases something called a 'mastery rank'. See that blue bar below your profile in the menu? That shows u how much u need to level up your weapons in order to increase mastery rank. Once that bar is full, you'll be asked to do a mastery test, which is basically a skill test for you. Succeed in the mastery test and you'll be promoted to the next mastery rank. 

Greater mastery ranks unlock better weapons for you to purchase. Once you level those 'better' weapons, you can get an even higher mastery rank and even better weapons. Then you level the even better weapons and continue the cycle.

Mastery also gives many other perks. You'll find out on the way.

Good luck!

Warframes and weapons etc, take time to build in the foundry. Warframes themselves take 12 hours for each component and the. 3 days to put all the components together into a warframe. I think most weapons are only 12 hours. 

Dont let that wait time discourage you from enjoying the game, at some point you may have 2 or 3 warframes being built at once while you are leveling another.  A friend of mine that mains WOW hated the build times in warframe and he just quit. Sad face.

Pay attention to small details in your environment. Up to a certain point, Warframe's story is told mainly through item descriptions and little details on the maps. Approach the story the same way you would Dark Souls.

If you need any help, free free to message me in-game. I love talking about Warframe's story. It's really deep and engaging.

Try to get these mods and get them to 5 or 6 out of 10 (the dots at the bottom) as soon as possible: Serration (primaries), Point Blank (shotguns, only 5/5) Hornet Strike (secondaries), and Pressure Point (melee, only 5/5). These mods increase ALL further damage of the respective weapons. The difference between not having these and having them on a weapon is night and day. 

As well as Vitality (Warframe's, health), and Redirection (Warframe's, shields).

Generally treat mods in a 'lowest first' mentality. Endo is a bit scarce at the beginning of the game, and having many 5/5 or 5/10 mods is infinitely better than having only a couple 10/10 mods. And the rank-up cost for each level of the mod is double the last. It gets real expensive real quick.

Warframes and weapons have unique stats and abilities. Every faction has weaknesses and every weapon has it's most effective targets. Every planet contains rescources which needs to make new items this includes warframes, weapons, miscleanous things. You are collecting mods during your gameplay which makes you better and you can compare and check every mods in the codex. The starter platinum is free to use but you cannot trade it so personally I suggest you to use slots because those are not obtainable by playing only paying. On the market you can buy blueprints of repsective items and some handful stuffs but you can also buy it for real money (platinum) if you want to bypass the grind. Everything almost in this game is obtainable and this game use a heavy rng system. THIS GAME IS GRINDY like . Grindy. You can find likeminded peoples in public matches, you can make your own clan or joining into an existing one and you can decide to stay solo player. Claning is mostly worth for trading and you can get free blueprints if there are researched items.

The 6 sense of life which is important in this game is the following ones :

1. Platinum - Obtainable by buying from the market for real money (you can get discounts on it) or trade (mastery 2 needs for this feature) with peoples for it

2. Credits - used for blueprints and upgrading stuffs and a lot more things.

3. Endo - essential item for rank up items in game and you never will have enough of it.

4. Catalyst / Reactor - installing them into weapons / warframes will double your mod capacity points which needs for the mods what you install it.

5. Forma - building material and useful for max ranked items to rerank them plus give those items an extra polarity.

6. Exilus - open the exilus mod slot on warframes. 

Modding - there are common, uncommon, rare, legendary, mythic (rivens) mods in this game. Each mods have it's uses and mods have polarity which reduce the mod capacity needs when you put a similar mod into the said polarity. The mods can be put in different and neutral slots too in neutral the mod needs stay the same and in the different it eats a bit more. Mods can be updated by endo / credits. The higher the mod level the better it's effectiveness.

Watch some new player youtube videos.

A lot of warframe is very obtuse and hard to understand as a new player, trying to learn it all by yourself / discovery might boggle your mind so much that you don't continue.

You will need to refer to the wiki (a lot) and youtube videos showing you how things work are (IMO) invaluable.

1. Don't fixate. There are many items in this game and majority takes time to grind and RNG means sometimes an item can take an hour to get but sometimes a week, month or even more.

Play the game, do some trading and you will eventually have most of the items without any frustration.

2. Everything is purchasable without real cash. Platinum the cash currency can be traded for items that you get from Void Relics. Void Relics can be gotten from just playing Defense and Survival missions.

Not forgetting that majority of items do not require platinum at all to obtain.

3. Mods decide if you are strong or weak. So, focus on getting good mods and not just good weapons or frame.

4. Founders items are exclusive to Founders. A pseudo-proxy to one of them is coming in the next cinematic quest.

5. Focus on star chart before going to Cetus. You will not be stopped but it is not advisable to do the activities in Cetus on Earth until you have clear The War Within cinematic quest and have made significant progress in the normal star chart solar system map because the resources from Cetus are not usable outside and star chart is a larger portion of the game than Cetus.

6. There is PVP called conclave but if it is not your thing, don't fret. PVP and PVE in Warframe is kept like oil and water and do not affect each other.

7. There are minigames in the arsenal. Look for appearance loadout tabs when you have a Zephyr or Wyrm. 

8. Don't play solo. Unless you really hate teamplay, the game is designed for 4 players and internet connectivity is generally great.

9. Warframe is still beta after 5 years but the content is already triple AAA in graphics and gameplay but beta means changes will still occur. So, expect nerfs and other changes to your favourite items. Diversify and don't restrict yourself to current meta as much as possible.

10. You may or may not like the game in its current state in terms of content. If you do, great. If you don't, leave and come back in a few months or a year. This game changes quickly due to frequent updates so it may very likely have something that better suits your tastes by then.

If possible, consider switching to PC before you tie yourself to console.

If you are burning out, take a break.

Play public.
The wiki is your friend.

Buy blueprints with credits.

Join/make a clan.
Mastery rank 16 is a nice mid-longterm goal.

Junctions/quests are a nice short-term goal.

Don't be afraid of trading.

Modding is important, endo is important for mods, endo is important, ayatan sculptures give endo, ayatan sculptures are important.

DO NOT play this game and think MR25 is "max level" like other MMO games. In Warframe just set yourself a short-term goal. Say to get x weapon that is within your MR and go do it. Do not play the game like you need to get to MRXX ASAP or you need to do x, y, and z to do sorties ASAP. Just log in and think "I want to farm for X today". If you get bored, farm a new weapon or Warframe to try.

On 4/11/2018 at 5:52 AM, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

Yea just leave things i should know, i got some of the basics like mods but i only have earth and venus unlocked

the only thing that you should know that it is a game that will make u addicted to it

Been playing it for more than 3 years now

23 hours ago, (PS4)Luh_Nar said:

Warframes and weapons etc, take time to build in the foundry. Warframes themselves take 12 hours for each component and the. 3 days to put all the components together into a warframe. I think most weapons are only 12 hours. 

Dont let that wait time discourage you from enjoying the game, at some point you may have 2 or 3 warframes being built at once while you are leveling another.  A friend of mine that mains WOW hated the build times in warframe and he just quit. Sad face.

Yea i have the rhino chassis already being built but i have to get more rubedo and a morphic for the neuroptics but i still have to get the systems from the jackal

Edited by (PS4)Nighthawk2060