The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum Mod for Kubrows,Kavats?

Draculandrey

3 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Kubrows are useless and kavats dont really have reliable buffs and vacuum. Carrier have vacuum and ammo case = he is your best friend

sadly correct, and also the carrier prime can take a lot of punishment too. and those who argue with this 'Vac is for plebs' statement are foolish plebs themself with no idea of using the best possible equipment for a mission is the best way action (not to mention, it prevents the rest of the team having to carry their sorry arses through the mission, since they constanly fail to do their job because of dying, having to revive their pets or being out of ammo).

with sentinels and pets it's the same as with frames and weapons in warframe: there are those combinations that are just too good not to use other than for testing out new ones - but this, please not when playing with others who did not agree with the one player who wants to test some exotic way or want to have fun looking exotic and just end up hindering the team because of that.

Am 11.4.2018 um 06:33 schrieb tCartmant:

I do but we should also realize it wont work the same. It would be based on your pet running around not you. So if your pet wont go in an area, you would still have to go get it manually.

It does not have to be, your Warframe can still be the center of the Vacuum but the pet holds the Mod. Its just a game, everything is possible.

I haven’t read the rest of the responses but i’ve always thought it it would be cool if warframes have a 6m universal vacuum (no mod required), sentinels have 12m universal, and pets have 7m.  

What makes that interesting in my eyes is that pets run around a lot, thus they would for a fair percentage of the time suck stuff up that is further away for you than normal.  This way vacuum is handled differently and uniquely, each option has its own flavour and pros and cons

OK and in googling around, I've found that not only are most dog breeds are able to be trained to be retrievers (and honestly, in the lore of the game virtually every kubrow should be able to accept the ability; they're bred for hunting, that's part of what hunting dogs do) but...

...sweet zombie jeebus,  standard poodles are retrievers.

Look man, if a poodle can retrieve stuff for me, I should think a kubrow would be able to master this.

I mean, you can put a "to hand" limiter on it if you want (retrievers can dump the retrieved thing at the hunter's feet, but also it can be trained to only drop it in the hunter's hand, this is required by some breeding orgs or somesuch) and make a small animation for it - just forcing a beat/tick where you have to stop shooting to collect, also idling the companion until you do...

I mean it's almost criminal not to work this in, it fits with what the animal is supposed to be/do.

Simple fact, if your only reason for bringing a sentinel is because of vacuum, then the sentinel and pet system is already broken and pointless. If you're bringing a sentinel because you need it to pick things up for you, and not using a kavat or kubrow simply for the joyless experience of having a sentinel for vacuum, and find your self wondering why you're even using a sentinel aside from that one mod, all the way around, something is very broken with the system. 

Simple fact, pets need some kind of vacuum type mod. Running around for loot in the middle of mission specially the harder missions and also before retrieve the loots in the end of the mission when mission complete screen comes so annoying for anyone. If this does not bother someone then that is their problem.

Vacuum is the only thing that makes sentinels worth bringing over a Smeeta Kavat. Nothing any sentinel can do can possibly match up to constant orange crits on any weapon regardless of its crit chance, or double resources obtained for 2 minutes, or instant reloads, or automatically being given rare resources, or any of the other Smeeta buffs that are constantly activating. The Smeeta Kavat also does a huge amount of damage in an aoe, is tanky, and can cc and/or fully strip armor if you want it to. The only time I ever even touch a sentinel anymore is if I'm using a Djinn with a Gazal Machete. The Smeeta Kavat is just too good to give up, and I don't miss vacuum one bit. It's just for lazy players who don't want to do the simple act of walking over a resource.

5 hours ago, Get_Singed said:

... It's just for lazy players who don't want to do the simple act of walking over a resource.

And this is an objectively terrible, condescending opinion, which you should feel bad about. It's not lazy to want a hunting dog to do hunting dog things.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Nikon said:

And this is an objectively terrible, condescending opinion, which you should feel bad about. It's not lazy to want a hunting dog to do hunting dog things.

It may be an objectively terrible and condescending opinion, but it's true. And what I'm referring to is specifically giving pets a vacuum, not allowing pets to run around and pick up items and bring them back to the players. That is something that makes sense, and you would be giving up your pet's ability to fight or use other support abilities while it is doing that, which is a fair tradeoff. It would also not be as universally "good" as vacuum because it would require the pet to actually retrieve the item rather than the item being drawn to you or the pet. A vacuum mod and a retrieval mod are two completely different things.

1 hour ago, Get_Singed said:

It may be an objectively terrible and condescending opinion, but it's true. And what I'm referring to is specifically giving pets a vacuum, not allowing pets to run around and pick up items and bring them back to the players. That is something that makes sense, and you would be giving up your pet's ability to fight or use other support abilities while it is doing that, which is a fair tradeoff. It would also not be as universally "good" as vacuum because it would require the pet to actually retrieve the item rather than the item being drawn to you or the pet. A vacuum mod and a retrieval mod are two completely different things.

Opinions aren't facts. And at this point you're quibbling over a slight difference in mechanics that have the same result.

54 minutes ago, Darth_Nikon said:

Opinions aren't facts. And at this point you're quibbling over a slight difference in mechanics that have the same result.

The difference causes a different result. If your pet has to run around and collect the drops just like you would, that is completely different from a vacuum mod, where you simply get near the drops and they instantly get pulled to you. You'll have to stay in one spot long enough for your pet to run around and pick everything up, and your pet won't be able to engage in combat during that time or won't be able to pick up drops while in combat. There is a very clear difference. One makes sense to give to pets, the other does not.

3 minutes ago, Get_Singed said:

The difference causes a different result. If your pet has to run around and collect the drops just like you would, that is completely different from a vacuum mod, where you simply get near the drops and they instantly get pulled to you. You'll have to stay in one spot long enough for your pet to run around and pick everything up, and your pet won't be able to engage in combat during that time or won't be able to pick up drops while in combat. There is a very clear difference. One makes sense to give to pets, the other does not.

Whatevs, du H’ardcore, you're still getting stuff collected for you in the end.

• 3 months later...

DE should just make the vacuum a warframe passive and be done with it. No mods or anything. There is enough grind in the game anyway that always having vacuum on and freeing up a mod slot on a sentinel wont make much of a difference.

I haven't actually seen someone suggest a mod for vacuum before but that isn't a bad idea, you're modding for farming when you go pilfroid or nekros anyway, take that a step further. The retrieve augment could become universal. 

I ran a Chesa Kubrow for a while and despite what I was expecting it was surprisingly good at getting items, enough that my slightly OCD item pickup tendencies were assuaged. That does leave the adarza Kavat as the new bottom rung pet though as it has no item augment bolstering ability. I can use my helminth charger without feeling guilty then, which would be the best ever!

IMO it just needs to goto a toggle, as putting Vacuum on the pets isn't going to negatively impact the Kubrows, but it will slightly nerf the Kavats... which will only serve to further widen the gap between pet and Sentinel.  That's a problem with Fortuna because I want to play around with the moas... but I know they'll become MR fodder and just left behind.

Years ago, the warframe skills were mods, and that got removed because DE realized that was a bad design... I'm awaiting the day DE does the same thing to with vacuum... cause this entire issue just sucks.