Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.17.3

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Equinox - Mend & Main Augment: Energy Transfer

100% of charge is conserved when switching between forms.

Pardon the emotionality but, quite frankly, this is rather insulting. 

It is a textbook definition of a bandaid fix. People have asked systematically for this to be added to Equinox's default set of powers - both for Mend & Maim and for Pacify & Provoke (for the latter, the powers change with Metamorphosis instead of simply deactivating). They are fundamental if we want to ensure Equinox is capable of fully utilizing her potential on the fast, fluid gameplay that Warframe demands.

To see it introduced, yes, but at a price - of standing, and most importantly, of mod slots - is quite honestly disappointing at the very least, and insulting to everyone who has repeatedly asked for it in the forums and reddit.

And Pacify & Provoke is still left clunkier than it has any right to be. 

If you're not going to add some type of scaling could you increase the kuva rewards for Kuva Survival? It's honestly not worth doing without a booster, which shouldn't be the case for any mission type. You say it's meant to be between siphons and floods, but even quick siphon missions like capture/exterminate (you know, the ones people actually do) are way more efficient than the survival.

24 minutes ago, -NR-BlazedGodVain said:

no news on when khora is going to be released or finally some content ( talking about weapons or a Frame ) no news about the 2x Hok strikes? 
What about the really urgently needed Eidolon Fixes? 

or News Adressing the Abyssal Kuva Survival? 

Devstream #109 should hopefully be the last Devstream where Khora lives ONLY on the Dev Build… at least on PC! We have made serious edits to her kit and are ready to show you the mostly-final version of Khora! But wait, there’s more… learn more about ‘Void Onslaught’… some Peculiar rewards… and much more as we return to you with a much-overdue Devstream!

26 minutes ago, -NR-BlazedGodVain said:

no news on when khora is going to be released or finally some content ( talking about weapons or a Frame ) no news about the 2x Hok strikes? 
What about the really urgently needed Eidolon Fixes? 

or News Adressing the Abyssal Kuva Survival? 

"but we're getting our Whips out for something big next week..."

Says something right up top

Please do something to improve Kuva Survival. As it is now, there is no point in staying more than 20 minutes as it is not rewarding enough to risk being one-shotted by a random napalm.

If there was some kind of incentive to stay longer there would be way more groups willing to stay.

Either making the Kuva increase every full rotation(AABC) or using the endless relics system would also be good, just please give us something that actually makes the grinding a little more rewarding.

#BringEndGameGrindIdiocyBack #StupidEternalSurvivalBuilds #No20minGG

as the enthusiastic ivara user that I am (may her prime be close), I rapidly got her augment for testing. All went well, the arrows were all together, the damage was great, until I tried with headshots, which, may it be for the first bullet given by the multishot not hitting the chest or whatnot,the headshot effects were completly ignored, giving the pt to the arrow and not activating the desired effect. Hopefully this will help to get this great augment fixed a bit earlier!

Thanks for the update. Always wanted to play Nightstalker as Ivara (might recolor her again) with a single godlike arrow onto enemies, especially bosses. Forget Chroma, I'm taking Ivara into Eidolon hunts cause fekk the meta.

On another hand though, where is the actual purpose of Kuva survival other than the sweats trying to go 10hrs of boredom and no scaling rewards? It's a complete waste of time compared to running all 6 siphons/floods in under 20mins and getting a total of 40k or so (if Kavat cooperates). There is no scaling, no true endgame. Eidolons and fancy Michael Bay explosions and effects aren't endgame. There's no challenge with shooting a few more synovias on a bigger, more worthless big stick of an enemy that gets 2 more attacks per version.

Give us scaling Kuva and give more purpose to Plague Star with better playability than the lag-hole of having to open the door 4 times to enter and leave to start a new bounty.

Please consider tweaking mend or adding an additional function to the ability. As it stands, there is not much of a reason to switch to night form for mend other than occasionally healing. The shields gained on kill was a good start, but it is a bit underwhelming compared to the massive amounts of damage that maim can store.

45 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Will there be any future changes to Kuva Survival? I still see no reason to play it aside from the fact it is a survival. Having higher risk as enemies scale should be synonymous with rewarding players more for their time invested.

yes, lets make a game mode that invalidates any reason to farm kuva else where

Never have I anticipated an update as much as right now. Everything I ever wanted has come to pass! Zaws could use some more variety, though. Have you considered about that? All I'm saying is that you should add more weapon grips to them.

Incidentally, I remember Scott mentioning way back that some augment functionality could be rolled into frames' base abilities. Seems like that's sadly not longer being considered.

Anywho...

Time will tell. Riven mods could use some improvements too, still. A mechanic rewarding the invested Kuva by increasing the odds for a better rolls, maybe. Players would appreciate it!

Whips next week? so, the week after that? Or month after that. I'll look forward to content when you actually release it, you've hyped stuff way too many times only to delay it. It's been almost half a year since the last non-prime frame all though it usually only takes 3-4 months. Your game is freaking amazing, but I'm jumping off the hypetrain for good.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nezha - Blazing Chakram Augment: Reaping Chakram

The issue with Blazing Chakram's heal is its range.
Edit: Also, see: 'augment buffing base ability instead of changing functionality (and/or just buffing the base functionality)'.

Ivara - Artemis Bow Augment: Concentrated Arrow
Fires a single arrow that, on headshots, has +50% critical chance and explodes in a 7 meter radius. Removes punch through. 

Not sure why this isn't a built in alt-fire, but it does change how the ability works rather than buffing it, so I can't complain.

Edit: and on second thought, holy crap this might synergize amazingly with Piercing Navigator.

Equinox - Mend & Maim Augment: Energy Transfer
100% of charge is conserved when switching between forms.

The issue being that Mend is capped by the static, player stats, and Maim is capped by the scaling enemy stats.
The makes overkill significantly more an issue in one state than the other.

On the bright side, now I can charge Maim in a continuous-spawn mode without slowing down the enemies from the slash proc as they enter range, just switch to Day before popping.

Edit: Note- DOES NOT affect Pacifying Provocation.
RIP.

Mesa - Peacemaker Augment: Mesa’s Waltz
Mesa can move at 50% speed while using Peacemaker.

Honest to god, this would be more effective as a huge weapon switch buff instead, and that's before taking the shrinking reticule into consideration.

Still, while 'good' might be a bit much, it's a pretty decent Edit: tepid batch overall.

Archived