Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Slots?

Malice

1 minute ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

If an ability is believed to need an augment to function the ability is in need of changing. 

You'd think that, but they usually give you an augment and call it a day instead of doing the right thing and making the ability function better.

-They just released Reaping Chakram for Nezha instead of actually making his worst skill not complete junk. RC is what that ability should actually be, it has so many problems it's not even funny, but whew, at least we do 250 heat damage on it now instead of the old 100, thing still bounces like a superball on cement and will miss everything anyway

-Does Nyx's Psychic Bolt's impress you with it's 50 cost, tiny slash damage and confusion effect? Probably not since Chaos exists, but hey if you want that ability to not be a big turd you can slot the augment and make it an actual hard CC with Pacifying Bolts.

-Fire...Fright, making Fire Blast's flame ring be able to cause Heat status, something that should've always been apart of the ability because it's such a basic effect.

Things like this is why the augment system annoys me, it's created this funky balancing practice with them where sometimes they will actually fix something or put in a very basic mechanic, and sometimes they'll just slap it on a mod.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Augments are usually a direct buff to the ability.  Or a change to it's function which can be an indirect buff to the ability itself or the frames performance as a whole.  Modding is about making choices.  If you're not comfortable with giving up survivability mods (as an example) to have the power you wish to have via an augment you've chosen that survival is more important.  You don't deserve to have both the power and the survival.  That takes away from the whole point of the balance that is modding.

You can call some of these mods a buff, but how much of a buff are some of them really? What if I took an absolutely filthy window, cleaned like one spot on it and told you I still cleaned it? You'd throw the Windex bottle at me and tell me I only marginally cleaned it.

Was my idea the best? nah not really, it's super skeletal with none of the finer details ironed out because that would be a massive post, I just want fixes/reworks and basic effects added to abilities that they make sense on or deserve it. Many skills can be naturally better/more fun w/o needing an augment plugged in which is why I've grown to dislike what the system has become since it's release.

If people wanna rip me a new one over my views of the system that's fine, I have bandaids on standby, this is a discussion, it's just something that has bothered me for a long time and I wish very much to see changed.

4 minutes ago, MarcusGraves said:

You'd think that, but they usually give you an augment and call it a day instead of doing the right thing and making the ability function better.

-They just released Reaping Chakram for Nezha instead of actually making his worst skill not complete junk. RC is what that ability should actually be, it has so many problems it's not even funny, but whew, at least we do 250 heat damage on it now instead of the old 100, thing still bounces like a superball on cement and will miss everything anyway

-Does Nyx's Psychic Bolt's impress you with it's 50 cost, tiny slash damage and confusion effect? Probably not since Chaos exists, but hey if you want that ability to not be a big turd you can slot the augment and make it an actual hard CC with Pacifying Bolts.

-Fire...Fright, making Fire Blast's flame ring be able to cause Heat status, something that should've always been apart of the ability because it's such a basic effect.

Things like this is why the augment system annoys me, it's created this funky balancing practice with them where sometimes they will actually fix something or put in a very basic mechanic, and sometimes they'll just slap it on a mod.

You can call some of these mods a buff, but how much of a buff are some of them really? What if I took an absolutely filthy window, cleaned like one spot on it and told you I still cleaned it? You'd throw the Windex bottle at me and tell me I only marginally cleaned it.

Was my idea the best? nah not really, it's super skeletal with none of the finer details ironed out because that would be a massive post, I just want fixes/reworks and basic effects added to abilities that they make sense on or deserve it. Many skills can be naturally better/more fun w/o needing an augment plugged in which is why I've grown to dislike what the system has become since it's release.

If people wanna rip me a new one over my views of the system that's fine, I have bandaids on standby, this is a discussion, it's just something that has bothered me for a long time and I wish very much to see changed.

I think that's a matter of perspective thing.  we see them as "should be how the ability performed to begin with" they see it as "changing how the ability performs." either way still doesn't change my point.  if we need an augment for an ability the ability should be buffed.  Not giving us a free augment slot to make the ability better.

My main issue with your suggestion is that it would remove builds that use multiple augments for no tangible realistic reason.  and it goes against the whole choice making we're supposed to be doing with modding.

Il y a 7 heures, Urlan a dit :

Strongly agree that such an augment slot with additional augment mod options would option up more build variety. I do wonder though if there is room now though with Arcanes essentially being made into special mods and added to the mod slots real estate.

Well arcane benefit any frame and/or playstyle.

Augment are only for that one particular frame.

Why not have both.

il y a une heure, MarcusGraves a dit :

That's only because DE prefer to release a bandage mod than fix something.

But in the end they do fix it, it just takes more or less time depending on what it is.

Snipers got an awful combo mechanic, so they released a mod to increase the combo duration.

And not so long ago they made the combo mechanic actually good.

If a feature needs a mod to be any useful, it's flawed.

We just have to wait until a frame gets a rework for its abilities to be any good (which is quite a shame)

On 4/13/2018 at 12:48 PM, Malice said:

In the recent Mesa's Waltz, the augment could be placed in the exilus slot which was different compared to past augments. But, does anyone else feel like an augment slot should be added in instead? With almost every frame having augments to enhance/change certain abilities, many players are using a wide variety of builds, some utilizing multiple augments at the cost of sacrificing a stat mod slot just so their multiple augments can be fitted in.

By no means am I saying add multiple augment slots, but maybe, just maybe a single augment slot to fit in one? And if a player wants to add another augment in, then they have to sacrifice a mod slot by all means. Sure, power creep could then become an issue for certain frames that have incredible augments, but then even without an augment slot, the current builds are more or less near finalized anyway, just missing out a certain stat boost/mobility mod. Feedback/opinions would be definitely welcomed!

I want augment slots as well!!!!!!!!!!! I think DE did say that they'll never do it though :( 

But yeah it totally needs to happen anyway.

1 hour ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

I want augment slots as well!!!!!!!!!!! I think DE did say that they'll never do it though :( 

But yeah it totally needs to happen anyway.

no it doesn't NEED to happen. one of my most hated things is why people call for things to completely unbalance the game. but no continue without understanding why augments need to have a proper cost.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no it doesn't NEED to happen. one of my most hated things is why people call for things to completely unbalance the game. but no continue without understanding why augments need to have a proper cost.

Some frames like Rhino have room for 2 augments in their builds without sacrificing pretty much anything, Loki could fit like 3 without any ill effect. Then you have pretty much every other frame that has an augment who actually have to sacrifice something to fit an augment in. I understand the purpose of augments my dude, and I understand game balance. If you gave frames an augment slot you're not going to send the game into some sort meltdown from the ALMIGHTY AUGMENT SLOT!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO OP!!! The game is going to be just fine. The really good augment mods that you all ready see ALL THE TIME are not all the sudden going to be game breaking, trust me. With an augment slot we'd actually see people using all sorts augments that never see the light of day and create all sorts of new build versatility. WIN WIN in my eyes.   

All I'm saying is some frames can use augments with no ill effect while other frames suffer trying to use them, easy fix augment slot.

1 hour ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

Some frames like Rhino have room for 2 augments in their builds without sacrificing pretty much anything, Loki could fit like 3 without any ill effect. Then you have pretty much every other frame that has an augment who actually have to sacrifice something to fit an augment in. I understand the purpose of augments my dude, and I understand game balance. If you gave frames an augment slot you're not going to send the game into some sort meltdown from the ALMIGHTY AUGMENT SLOT!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO OP!!! The game is going to be just fine. The really good augment mods that you all ready see ALL THE TIME are not all the sudden going to be game breaking, trust me. With an augment slot we'd actually see people using all sorts augments that never see the light of day and create all sorts of new build versatility. WIN WIN in my eyes.   

All I'm saying is some frames can use augments with no ill effect while other frames suffer trying to use them, easy fix augment slot.

if there is no problem with equiping them in the first place then why is it you need more space? there is no problem but yet there is? how DE has it setup now works just fine.