Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 12 - Accepted Items!

[DE]Taylor

Tenno,

After careful review and testing, we’re so pleased to announce this Round of TennoGen! I’m sure you’re all excited to see what pieces will be coming, so let’s just get right to it:

Warframe Skins

Warframe Alt Helmet

Syandanas

Weapon Skin

*while this skin was originally listed as a Staff, that weapon type unfortunately is not available via the TennoGen program at this time so we had to change it to a Polearm for consistency. 

Congratulations to all of our creators who had their pieces accepted! As usual, we will be offering feedback to select pieces to help guide them to meet our style guidelines in preparation for Round 13. EDIT: This will be sent out sometime next week, so keep an eye out! If you don’t receive feedback from us, it is because your creation simply strays too far from the Warframe aesthetic or doesn’t quite accomplish enough to differentiate it from other works. 

As a recommendation to all creators (whether you have multiple accepted pieces or you’re aspiring to one day get your items in-game), please be sure to review our Basic Art Guide and other TennoGen guides. They’re an essential resource to help identify common mistakes, like excessive use of emissives, the need to ground your piece in an existing Faction or incorporating real-life details that are too literal. 

If you’ve seen the NoClip documentary, I’m sure you heard how we try to add a Warframe spin to every concept we do; this should be something you do to your creations as well! Abstraction is key so go crazy and think outside the box! The creativity and innovation of our TennoGen creators is what makes this program so special and amazing.

:community:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added edit

There goes my wallet

And I'm ok with this! Would have loved to see a Nidus submission go thru but this current selection is amazing! They're all so good!!

Suggestion: Can we have Tennogen bundles? Not priced cheaply or anything. It would just be nice to have a shopping cart type system and essentially make our own bundle so we can do a one time purchase. Also gifting would be awesome. I have a friend that would love the Jotaro looking Mesa skin but he wouldn't want to spend money.

Mostly disappointing Tennogen round, imo. Oh well. I'll be picking up Chroma Graxx, but that's it. Money saved I guess.

Also, it doesn't help to talk about adhering to the Warframe aesthetic when lukinu_u's content quite literally does not fit within the aesthetic of any Warframe faction.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

9 minutes ago, Ghost_msl said:

Again no BotL skins - it's like DE doesn't want money.

We're working with BeastBuster on this but there are still some tweaks that need to be done to them to meet some of our internal style guidelines. Fingers crossed!

11 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Also, it doesn't help to talk about adhering to the Warframe aesthetic when lukinu_u's content quite literally does not fit within the aesthetic of any Warframe faction.

Actually, a lot of lukinu_u's pieces are a great example of approaching the Tenno aesthetic with his own unique twist. If you look at the mark making and overall sculpting, you'll see that he does a fantastic job at recreating that organic and technical blend that Warframes have. Can be easy to miss with all the fun emissives and bright colours though. :) 

54 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We're working with BeastBuster on this but there are still some tweaks that need to be done to them to meet some of our internal style guidelines. Fingers crossed!

Actually, a lot of lukinu_u's pieces are a great example of approaching the Tenno aesthetic with his own unique twist. If you look at the mark making and overall sculpting, you'll see that he does a fantastic job at recreating that organic and technical blend that Warframes have. Can be easy to miss with all the fun emissives and bright colours though. :) 

Oh boy.

Tenno style (warning: lots of pics):

Spoiler

warframe__tenno_relay_by_sbigham-d89q34a

warframe__xiphos_concept_by_sbigham-d98o

warframe__tenno_cruiser_by_sbigham-d7k0y

XUhJu94.jpg

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

5b85120110a50e5702dbe05664e3e5c2.jpg

ExcaliburNewLook.png

TrinityNewLook.png

VaubanNewLook.png

MesaLarge.png

NezhaNewLook.png

GaraNewLook.png

Braton.png

Burston.png

DETigris.png

That should just about cover the range of Tenno styles.

Lukinu_u

Spoiler

A1340173D4326238E87E0B114813FDDE7FADA94C

0560AB4D5E79CE0F7A7A4A82DBDB96B1EB06157B

B185C03355DBB0AD83E37B5BF89872CFCD35C3A7

729D534483F4EB3ADA62FE9E5D38D16F22B344A0

98A9908024DF56DAC787ECF5DA111C3CD1D15255

C6B59F2F248C2F6BCE8662D0115180F8B87AEBC3

It may be high-quality. It may be aesthetically-pleasing. It may resemble Sentient stuff. It may even be comparable to DE's deluxe content (like Chroma Deluxe and Nova Deluxe). But Tenno-style, it is not.

More examples of content that does not fit the Tenno style or any other faction's style:

Spoiler

F897A91AFA474BD3575BA67F5E2D8E638A2AD67E

CEEDACD74BADCAA01F7489864FF7388D1723849F

I just don't think it's fair to creators to reject stuff on the basis of it fitting or not fitting the style of a specific faction when there is existing accepted content that doesn't fit a particular faction's style.

Fixing grammar and punctuation issues.

So much salt. This should be a happy post. We are getting new stuff! If you dont like something, dont buy it! There is a lot of stuff here that I'll be visiting Soon(tm). Hope that Nova from Lukinu_u makes it. May give me a reason to pick Nova at all. Congrats to the ones that made it through!

Edited by VadiseReikaz

Now I want to know something. Why do we vote ? There is items accepted that have not more than 200 votes that get accepted while some others don't. Can we have an explanation at least or it's just a proof that voting is useless cause in the end YOU and only YOU choose what you want.

Edited by ---SO---Crystallyser

When are Tennogen guidelines going to be updated to accept more varied content?

I understand there's a lot of technical stuff that would make a Glaive or Shield or Whip fold / unfold, but what about static weapons, i.e. Staffs or Daggers or Dual Blades? What about tagging TennoGen creations with weapon class, not weapon name (i.e. Sword vs Skana, Polearm vs Orthos), because it confuses a lot of people?

What about even short feedback paragraphs about why item wasn't accepted so we can correct on it in a new version or in our other new items? Saying this as one who's weapon model swap wasn't accepted this round, and which to my belief fit Tenno aesthetic as much as other TennoGen pieces do, and also fit all the technical requirments.

Edited by lexandritte

8 minutes ago, ---SO---Crystallyser said:

Now I want to know something. What do we vote ? There is items accepted that have not more than 200 votes that get accepted while some others don't. Can we have an explanation at least or it's just a proof that voting is useless cause in the end YOU and only YOU choose what you want.

The Vote feature is a Steam Workshop feature implemented by Valve, not by DE. DE doesn't really pay any attention to it. Twelve rounds of Tennogen have demonstrated that quite well. Nor do the official guidelines mean anything, because DE has regularly accepted content that doesn't adhere to their guidelines (i.e. contemporary/pop culture/meta content, that is supposed to be rejected, like a certain 50s microphone polearm that DE accepted).

I'm pretty sure DE accepts submissions based on their own personal tastes. That's the only thing that seems to make sense about their selections. At least, I hope that's why, because otherwise, their selections often make no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, CorpusCrewman said:

Well, no for Corpra Nova. I am upset now.

Corpra Nova was released after the March 19, 12pm deadline. It was posted at 12:02pm, two minutes after the deadline.

il y a 3 minutes, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n a dit :

The Vote feature is a Steam Workshop feature implemented by Valve, not by DE. DE doesn't really pay any attention to it. Twelve rounds of Tennogen have demonstrated that quite well. Nor do the official guidelines mean anything, because DE has regularly accepted content that doesn't adhere to their guidelines (i.e. contemporary/pop culture/meta content, that is supposed to be rejected, like a certain 50s microphone polearm that DE accepted).

I'm pretty sure DE accepts submissions based on their own personal tastes. That's the only thing that seems to make sense about their selections. At least, I hope that's why, because otherwise, their selections often make no sense to me.

which is lame. I thought the goal of tennogen was skins made by the commu voted by the commu, not someone we don't know at DE with questionnable taste for infested look and a kink for Nyx and Saryn.

1 minute ago, ---SO---Crystallyser said:

which is lame. I thought the goal of tennogen was skins made by the commu voted by the commu, not someone we don't know at DE with questionnable taste for infested look and a kink for Nyx and Saryn.

It's been that way for pretty much all of the two years of Tennogen's existence. And, unfortunately, it means high-quality skins get rejected because they don't satisfy the personal tastes of whoever selects these skins. It also means DE, Valve, and Tennogen creators don't make money that they otherwise would have if they would just stick to their guidelines and not let their personal tastes influence the selection of skins. But oh well. It's not like money is that important or anything.

14 minutes ago, ---SO---Crystallyser said:

xD ...man I'm as disappointed as one can be that Nekros graxx didnt make it T.T I was soo looking forward to it...atleast we got Chroma Graxx which I thought they wont accept cause lots of people seemed to not like it(it is amazing to me tho >.>........)