Thanks for Watching Devstream #109!

[DE]Rebecca

Your player character can run at mach 5, can super-jump forever, and you have  access to a jetpack at the press of a button.

"HEY GUYS LET'S PUT IN THE MAKO FROM MASS EFFECT, PLAYERS WILL LOVE THAT!!!"

I just.... 

..just...

Whatever, man.

Wukong was the first question this time and had a lot of upvotes, yet wasn't addressed at all. We've been waiting literal years for information on possible review of his kit, and I feel most of us just want to know if he's being planned to be revisited at some point soon or not.

Can we expect to hear something soon about him or no? Can we please get a definitive yes/no on his future?

So IDK whether to say this here or in the feedback forums but I gotta ask:

Can we have the ability to fuse Peculiar mods into regular mods? For example, if we have 3 Serration mods, we can take those + 1 peculiar and we get a Serration with the Peculiar's effect. Then we don't have to ruin weapon or frame builds for flower power.

2 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

So IDK whether to say this here or in the feedback forums but I gotta ask:

Can we have the ability to fuse Peculiar mods into regular mods? For example, if we have 3 Serration mods, we can take those + 1 peculiar and we get a Serration with the Peculiar's effect. Then we don't have to ruin weapon or frame builds for flower power.

I'd also be happy if we could just select one of the effects without it being tied to mods at all. Do Onslaught to earn them then you can choose to pick something fun to customize your experience.

The fact they're mods atm definitely will restrict their use. I'd like something of this nature to have a bigger impact than that.

About that vehicle.

Have you guys considered to put some turrets on it and make it capable of carrying 4 man squad of tenno? Because i already see tenno racing all over the place in these things, but how about some larger utility for these *cough*mako*cough* tennousines.

Fun stream, team :smile:

Looking forward to Khora, the new mission type, and sweet void sauce those SHINY UI SHOTS! I know, like most things shown on devstreams, those are also subject to change but still, they are amazing! *drool*

I was very excited to see Khora's abilities today; however, after the Devstream I was left feeling somewhat disappointed by some of her abilities. Although there is still a week before Khora is released (according to Steve), I'm hoping there will be some changes or fixes. This is the Dev Build of course, so there's still many room for changes and fixes. All of this is just from what I've noticed from the Devstream. 

Her 1st ability seems like it makes her get stuck in place when she casts it instead of moving while casting. Maybe there's a reason for that, but it just stops the flow of the game suddenly.

Her 2nd ability seems fine, it seemed a little bit broken and I don't know how it will work, but it seems like a great ability in correspondence with her 1st (and maybe 3rd with her cat in attack mode). The enemies seemed like they didn't get caught in her snare sometimes, but again it's the Dev Build, so I'm sure there will be fixes for it.

Her 3rd ability, her cat, is amazing. I absolutely love it and the different modes behind it (attack, defense, and healing). It feels like with just one ability, Khora can fill in many roles. 

Her 4th ability, her ultimate, is what I left feeling the most unsatisfied. It feels like Gara's ultimate almost, but worse. It feels like Vauban's ability, Bastille. Plus, other "dome" abilities also give protection inside of them, such as Gara's and Frost's abilities. Khora's enemies can shoot through and although you can cast it in the middle of a group of enemies and they are launched to snare them, it still doesn't look or feel like an ultimate. Plus, it looked like it was a bit broken because a lot of enemies weren't being snared to the dome, but I'm sure that will be fixed. All the ability does is snare enemies who get to close or who were inside of the dome when you cast it, allowing you and your teammates to shoot them. This can definitely be a good ability in some situations, but I think Frost, Gara, and especially Vauban would definitely do better in those situations.

All of this is just what I saw from the Devstream and my opinions. I'm sure that a lot of the reason why I didn't like some of Khora's abilities is that some of them were buggy and weren't working fully. I can't wait to test her, but I hope some changes and fixes are made.

• Khora's Ult Changed ...

DE ... The part about Khora I was most looking forward to was the Exalted Whip she was going to have.... I was SOOO happy because the lack of attention to whips in Warframe is urksome to me, I mean you have them so that's good but the subjectively best one looks like a bladed soup can on a rope and the subjective best looking one isn't that great power wise.
 Now after the DevStream I find out that the one major thing I was looking forward to ... has been removed... and replaced with a Bigger version of her 2nd power. It's like if Oberon had a Version of Hallowed Ground that had Pine Trees on it and not just ferns as his Ult and they Basically do the same thing just ones Bigger ~
I used that example because that's what I see, her #2 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the target to it and CCs them too. Her #4 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the area to it and CCs them too. See what I mean? Also to top that off there now is no synergy .. in fact it looks like her #2 & #4 are going to clash.
I want her Exalted Whip Back...

• Peculiar Mods...

So they are going to be 'bling' mods... that you have to give up a slot for... that do nothing other than a visual effect... and rather than have these as an option you can buy somewhere you are having them mixed in with the droptables with Khora's parts and I quote "other cool rewards" ? I'm sorry but that is a VERY bad Idea ...it's like, remember T3 Capture? How it had some of the very greatly sought after prime parts but also had tons of 'garbage' drops compared to the prime stuff? Sorta repeating that mistake here...

• Scythe Stances...

You guys have a Weapon in the Game called the Dark Split Sword ... remember? We all wanted it to swap stances on the fly mid mission but never got that ... BUT you do have a Weapon that uses 2 Stance types. So for the Scythes .... Why not Both? Give use the option to use Fast Scythe stances or Heavy Blade Stances... Give the weapons a 10% power boost when in Heavy mode or something

Gotta be honest, for so long without a devstream, this one was rather disapointing.

No further news on umbra or venus other than "it's being done currently".

Khora got gutted out of her melee whip into a new skill that is basically a mix of harrow's 1st and vauban's 4th (aka, I don't like it at ALL), killing any interest I had on her (Well, I still have some interest due to the kavat summoning).

A new vehicle on the plains but it's slow and clunky. Hopefully when it's released it'll be way faster and more confortable to use.

The "sanctuary" which is just another place to grind and adds nothing really new.

I mean, 3 weeks or 4 weeks without devstream, and this is all the news we've got? For such an hyped devstream it sure didn't deliver (atleast not for me).

Anyway DE, keep up the good work, and hopefully we'll have the umbra or venus before tennocon. (emphasis on hopefully)

2 minutes ago, TheMortemShadow said:

I was very excited to see Khora's abilities today; however, after the Devstream I was left feeling somewhat disappointed by some of her abilities. Although there is still a week before Khora is released (according to Steve), I'm hoping there will be some changes or fixes. This is the Dev Build of course, so there's still many room for changes and fixes. All of this is just from what I've noticed from the Devstream. 

Her 1st ability seems like it makes her get stuck in place when she casts it instead of moving while casting. Maybe there's a reason for that, but it just stops the flow of the game suddenly.

Her 2nd ability seems fine, it seemed a little bit broken and I don't know how it will work, but it seems like a great ability in correspondence with her 1st (and maybe 3rd with her cat in attack mode). The enemies seemed like they didn't get caught in her snare sometimes, but again it's the Dev Build, so I'm sure there will be fixes for it.

Her 3rd ability, her cat, is amazing. I absolutely love it and the different modes behind it (attack, defense, and healing). It feels like with just one ability, Khora can fill in many roles. 

Her 4th ability, her ultimate, is what I left feeling the most unsatisfied. It feels like Gara's ultimate almost, but worse. It feels like Vauban's ability, Bastille. Plus, other "dome" abilities also give protection inside of them, such as Gara's and Frost's abilities. Khora's enemies can shoot through and although you can cast it in the middle of a group of enemies and they are launched to snare them, it still doesn't look or feel like an ultimate. Plus, it looked like it was a bit broken because a lot of enemies weren't being snared to the dome, but I'm sure that will be fixed. All the ability does is snare enemies who get to close or who were inside of the dome when you cast it, allowing you and your teammates to shoot them. This can definitely be a good ability in some situations, but I think Frost, Gara, and especially Vauban would definitely do better in those situations.

All of this is just what I saw from the Devstream and my opinions. I'm sure that a lot of the reason why I didn't like some of Khora's abilities is that some of them were buggy and weren't working fully. I can't wait to test her, but I hope some changes and fixes are made.

I kind of had a similar feeling. I never saw them bring out her exhausted whip (not referring to her one hit whip with her 1, her original planned ult). Does she still have it? I didn’t quite catch what her 2 was, is that the exalted whip? Was it moved down from being an ult into becoming a 2? I really hope that’s the case because if they replaced her exalted whip with that dome ult I’ll be utterly disappointed with khora.

5 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:
  • Khora's Ult Changed ...

DE ... The part about Khora I was most looking forward to was the Exalted Whip she was going to have.... I was SOOO happy because the lack of attention to whips in Warframe is urksome to me, I mean you have them so that's good but the subjectively best one looks like a bladed soup can on a rope and the subjective best looking one isn't that great power wise.
 Now after the DevStream I find out that the one major thing I was looking forward to ... has been removed... and replaced with a Bigger version of her 2nd power. It's like if Oberon had a Version of Hallowed Ground that had Pine Trees on it and not just ferns as his Ult and they Basically do the same thing just ones Bigger ~
I used that example because that's what I see, her #2 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the target to it and CCs them too. Her #4 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the area to it and CCs them too. See what I mean? Also to top that off there now is no synergy .. in fact it looks like her #2 & #4 are going to clash.
I want her Exalted Whip Back...

• Peculiar Mods...

So they are going to be 'bling' mods... that you have to give up a slot for... that do nothing other than a visual effect... and rather than have these as an option you can buy somewhere you are having them mixed in with the droptables with Khora's parts and I quote "other cool rewards" ? I'm sorry but that is a VERY bad Idea ...it's like, remember T3 Capture? How it had some of the very greatly sought after prime parts but also had tons of 'garbage' drops compared to the prime stuff? Sorta repeating that mistake here...

• Scythe Stances...

You guys have a Weapon in the Game called the Dark Split Sword ... remember? We all wanted it to swap stances on the fly mid mission but never got that ... BUT you do have a Weapon that uses 2 Stance types. So for the Scythes .... Why not Both? Give use the option to use Fast Scythe stances or Heavy Blade Stances... Give the weapons a 10% power boost when in Heavy mode or something

Wait? So they did remove her exalted whip? God damn it!!! That’s the one thing I really was looking forward to for khora. 

1 minute ago, Shadedraxe said:

Wait? So they did remove her exalted whip? God damn it!!! That’s the one thing I really was looking forward to for khora. 

Yeah, they removed it.
Her #2 wraps the Enemies with a cord and they replaced her Exalted Whip with a Jungle Gym that does the Same thing as her #2 just in an Area ~

Glad to hear scythes are getting more range as heavy melees. The tennogen items look great. Hydroid and zephyr Prime trailers are on the way. Good good...

...but why do peculiar mods need to take up mod slots in the first place? I’m not gonna put them on to show off. If it worsens my build it’s not worth using. Make them customizables effects for weapons, not mod slots. Even if plenty of players tend to overkill lower level enemies, some of us like seeing bigger numbers or taking on absurdly high enemy levels.

and did you guys really get rid of Khora’s exalted whip? Much primed dissapointment.

I love that I was hoping for a kit that focused more on her whip and instead you didn't take any of the things people where asking for and just removed the whip.. seriously?

we worried that her 2 was just an iteration of Harrow's 1.. so you took away her ability to swap damage types.. and took away her exalted whip, wow.. just sad RIP a decent frame concept replaced with a mediocre uninteresting frame.

Some cool things in this Devstream.  But I am sad to hear no whip for Khora.  I would have been happy with a simple whip animation with slashes hitting like exalted blade.  Heck even have the blades hit enemies on attack, but for healing hit allies and heals them.  I don't know.  Her new 4th ability looks more like a augment for her 2.  I guess we can hope for augment to bring back the whip I guess.  

Archived