Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New minor quest idea for Elidlon hunting: First Hunt

yarl5000

I know I'm still new to hunting them and I know their are plenty of guides and helpful people to teach you how to do this but it would be nice to not need others to do something that should have been in the game from the introduction of the Elidlon hunting

So, you are given an amp and told to go have fun by the Quills and that’s it.  Yes you get some nice voice lines about Energy Spikes and Hacking the Drones and such. However the whole starting out with the Quills seems poorly thought out and not fully fleshed out.

So I had an idea after talking with some friends about gearing up and going for the first hunt.  If the Quills now so much and this is basically the big deal for their group, why don’t they help us more?

Simply put I suggest a New Quest to be added after you get access to the Quills, call it the First Hunt.  The point of the quest will help you get used to the change of combat with your Amp, maybe some focus explanations, a little lore/world building, but most important teaching you the basics of Eldilon hunting.

Part 1. Amping you up

The quills give you the Mote, give a brief explanation how to use it and tell you to equip it and come back and dusk.  Then when you come back they tell you more about what the Sentient are and how your amp came to be and how to use it against them.  Then you are told to go kill X number of vomaylsts and bring back their cores. [I know your classic kill X creatures and bring me their Y just like a normal MMO] Then you get congratulated, maybe a small reward who knows [could come up with a new amp you get through this quest and each part gives you blueprint to build it, like an upgrade to the mote but not as good as the later ones or something]

Part 2. Focusing on the Hunt

Now that you know how to use your amp and have some cores under your belt the Quills are concerned you are not focused enough to be able to safely take on the Terraylst.  [Then an explanation of the schools or something goes here, maybe Teshin shows up some] Then to prove you are indeed focused enough you are sent out to gather X amount of focus.  Come back get your reward and pat on the back.

Part 3. Hunting

Now you know how to use your Amp, and are better focused it is time for a hunt.  Luckily they just heard about a new smaller piece of the Sentient Gara destroyed that has been seen roaming around, and it needs to be taken down before it can reach the Terraylst or else it might give it enough power to be a threat again [insert normal end of world and only you can save the day] So you go out in a special bounty/instance.  So just you, Grineer, and the new Mini Elidlon, with the Quills voice in your head of course. Then it is just a walkthrough of getting the drones [only need like 1 for this fight] and how to strip shields and you only have like 3 things to take down with a small healing portion and only a few vomalysts would spawn. Basically a rough guide of how to go through the motions of a normal takes down, just on a smaller scale.  Afterwards you extract out, get more praise rewards, and maybe unlock something in the Quill Cave like a focus room or something.