Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 109 - Overview!

[DE]Taylor

7 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

ca292f4fac0319e5e868560f223247fe.jpg

Another Devstream has come and passed, leaving an overview and tons of Twitch Clips in its wake. If you want to catch up on what was revealed, (and take a look at a not-shown-on-a-phone version of some Moa Pet concepts) keep on reading here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-109-khora-and-void-onslaught

Is this a mistake? I don't quite understand the second sentence in the context of the first:

Venus will have more terrain height variation and it allowed us to make it a lot larger. Having to go back to Cetus and back into the Plains.

Those new mods... just... why?

- They use an existing slot

- They are going to use up a spot in the drop table

- The enemy are AI, they don't get "humiliated"

Seems more to troll other players and to create a "forced" meme.

In other news, we still have prime accessories needing updates, a poorly implemented bot, and items that are unrecoverable after selling.

I didn't watch the stream but I did read the overview. I'm not sure I get the "peculiar" mods either. I don't understand why anyone would sacrifice a spot for them. Will there be any sort of a visual toggle added to options? I don't particularily want to see flowers everywhere courtesy of a teammate.

*reads overview*

Is Khora now supposed to be a spider-themed 'frame (due to her web-like CC skills)? Shame, as I did like the exalted whip, and we're lacking exalted weapons at this time. Not saying every warframe needs an exalted weapon, but with 34 available 'frames (excluding prime models), a few more wouldn't be too bad.

And hopefully the Mako-esque vehicle doesn't drive as poorly as it did in Mass Effect 1. 

First arsewing, then underwater arsewing, then operator, then Dargyns and now with rovers we get yet another game mode with abysmal controls that everyone hates and distracts from what the game is supposed to be about: Warframes. Development time well spend.

Also growing flowers out of enemies... I don't even....

Some personal considerations

- Vehicles are great...for other factions, and will be a wonderful add but I don't want to hide my shiny frame in a tank.

2 reasons: one of it being fashionframe XD, the other being that it "de-powers" the concept of frames, I don't need a tank if I bring Rhino for example, I want to destroy a Corpus tank with Rhino, not drive it.

Some other vehicles like Hoverboard Bikes would be something I think the playerbase would like more because they're simply cooler, the might well be a mean to move faster while being cool.

Hoverbikes would also give you the chance to do some nice and new thing like "hoverbike races" held by Solaris inhabitatnts with some nice rewards.

Last thing about vehicles...you have to fix Archwing once and for all, some people love it, some would desperately want to love it, but if us, the player, see that you're dropping the ball on it...it becomes depressing.

There's a lot you can do with Archwing and Sharkwing...underwater caves, flying in and out of Grineer and Corpus ships...please guys...fix it.

Also...I would personally love an exosuit for Warframe, like Hulkbuster for example...not giant...like 1.5 the size of a Warframe, with the chance to use Archwing weapons with it...that would drive me nuts.

-Pets...allow us to keep all the pets around.

I might want to use Adarza with Inaros, Smeeta with Nekros, some Kubrow with some other frame...if we always have to do statis/unstasis everytime it just kills the will to do it and only use one pet or use a sentinel.

Mind you, it's not about the costs to rush the process of getting out of the stasis, it's just the overall clunkyness and time consumption, especially with loadouts.

You want to make us pay/grind hard for that...I think that wouldn't be a non problem for most of us.

-Scythes...well I really think you should have a poll up about it for every single scythe available now

3 options I think:

A- keeping the size and stance as it is

B- enlarge the weapon and use an heavy sword stance

C- enlarge the weapon and make a proper stance for large scythes

• Khora's Ult Changed ...

DE ... The part about Khora I was most looking forward to was the Exalted Whip she was going to have.... I was SOOO happy because the lack of attention to whips in Warframe is urksome to me, I mean you have them so that's good but the subjectively best one looks like a bladed soup can on a rope and the subjective best looking one isn't that great power wise.
 Now after the DevStream I find out that the one major thing I was looking forward to ... has been removed... and replaced with a Bigger version of her 2nd power. It's like if Oberon had a Version of Hallowed Ground that had Pine Trees on it and not just ferns as his Ult and they Basically do the same thing just ones Bigger ~
I used that example because that's what I see, her #2 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the target to it and CCs them too. Her #4 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the area to it and CCs them too. See what I mean? Also to top that off there now is no synergy .. in fact it looks like her #2 & #4 are going to clash.
I want her Exalted Whip Back...

• Peculiar Mods...

So they are going to be 'bling' mods... that you have to give up a slot for... that do nothing other than a visual effect... and rather than have these as an option you can buy somewhere you are having them mixed in with the droptables with Khora's parts and I quote "other cool rewards" ? I'm sorry but that is a VERY bad Idea ...it's like, remember T3 Capture? How it had some of the very greatly sought after prime parts but also had tons of 'garbage' drops compared to the prime stuff? Sorta repeating that mistake here...

• Scythe Stances...

You guys have a Weapon in the Game called the Dark Split Sword ... remember? We all wanted it to swap stances on the fly mid mission but never got that ... BUT you do have a Weapon that uses 2 Stance types. So for the Scythes .... Why not Both? Give use the option to use Fast Scythe stances or Heavy Blade Stances... Give the weapons a 10% power boost when in Heavy mode or something

Just one comment on the "peculiar" mods: Way too much time over these past five years has been spent developing silly content, whether it's characters or art or new weapons and enemies. These peculiar mods are waste of development time.

In regards to the scythe stuff mentioned I think that scythe stances should still stay in the game, but you can choose to use ether scythe or heavy blade stances on a scythe, like how you can use ether dual sword, or heavy blade stances on dark split sword.

also i absolutely LOVE the look of the large scythes!

Gotta say I agree with some ideas here when it comes to the Scythes: Increase their model sizes to be more like what players have been asking for, but also let us use either a Scythe or Heavy Blade Stance. I'd personally always use the Heavy Blade Stance and would be fine with the removal of the awkward feeling Scythe Stances, but I also understand there are players who like those moves. All in all, I have high hopes that the Scythe Strike we'll be getting (eventually) will make one of my new favorite melee weapons if you go through with what you showed us today.

In regards to the "peculiar mods" though, those feel like a massive waste of development time, and I can say for certain that if I see any of those as my "reward" while going through what will inevitably be the slog to get Khora (if all the recently released 'Frames are anything to go by), it'll feel like a huge insult and a load of wasted time for what equates to garbage.

Two things, the peculiar mods need to be not mods. They should be like a sugatra or something like an arcane that applies to all weapons, having them be mods just ensures they are virtually never used, even more so as it sounds like these are going to be rewards for "Hardcore" mode.

Second, Scythes should be allowed to use their stances AND heavy blade stances, don't negate the category of scythes and their stances just to satisfy a need of "love" to a weapon class, buff and tweak their status and then see how the community takes to them(Or, you know, rework the stances) THEN you can decide if you want to just "remove" scythes from the game and just use the models as just 'big swords'.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

- The enemy are AI, they don't get "humiliated"

Granted the concept might need more work but I'll defend this part by appealing to all the other games where players get endless joy out of messing with npcs and enemies, take Saints Row and the goofy disco weapons, recently I replayed Half Life 2 again and the dark energy gravity gun makes dead ragdolls do the jiggie, which is endless goofy fun to see them spasm around with lightning sparks flying around.
The idea of silly mods could work, properly implemented, as long as it's funny to us to witness, if the enemies are made to jiggie and dance or do something silly to witness, and look at.

14 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Granted the concept might need more work but I'll defend this part by appealing to all the other games where players get endless joy out of messing with npcs and enemies, take Saints Row and the goofy disco weapons, recently I replayed Half Life 2 again and the dark energy gravity gun makes dead ragdolls do the jiggie, which is endless goofy fun to see them spasm around with lightning sparks flying around.
The idea of silly mods could work, properly implemented, as long as it's funny to us to witness, if the enemies are made to jiggie and dance or do something silly to witness, and look at.

I'm more following along with their entire "push" on this is the tagline "humiliate your enemies on the battlefield", and while, using your example, Saints Row does that to an extent, the entire premise of Saints Row is a silly/parody style game so it "fits" (side-note: I absolutely love the Saints Row franchise), so anyone playing the game expects that even in co-op, then onto Half Life where it is a bit more serious, it is then onto the players that use the game mechanics to create something silly.

When with these mods, their "joke" and "silliness" is forced, which then makes them lose their humor, and a forced joke is just simply bad. I can find a lot of silly things in Warframe, but their humor also comes out of how it wasn't necessarily intended that way from the start, which only adds to said humor (thinking of quite a few lines by Vay Hek for example). The idea behind these mods almost seems like it was envisioned for a separate game that DE is now unable to make, and so that idea turned to mods that will be shoved into Warframe, then add on that most people won't use it to "humiliate enemies" but instead to troll other actual players, only worsens the overall idea.

Now if these things were 100% isolated to only Captura (and also not part of any droptable), that could make for some interesting content, but having them within the main part of the game is not the way to go about this.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

When with these mods, their "joke" and "silliness" is forced, which then makes them lose their humor, and a forced joke is just simply bad. I can find a lot of silly things in Warframe, but their humor also comes out of how it wasn't necessarily intended that way from the start,

If it's up to the player to choose for themselves to put a mod on something, then the forced joke line of reasoning doesn't hold up. Most players will gladly goof around, given how ridiculously absurd stuff like fashionframe has become, where 60+% of the warframes you run into all look goofy to the extreme, then players will gladly force their own joke onto you, it's your choice again to avoid that by playing with serious people.
Some creative players will find a place where a perfectly timed "forced" joke will pay off, and otherwise this will become another part of the game that you can safely ignore for the most part as a harmless peculiarity.

Just now, SnuggleBuckets said:

If it's up to the player to choose for themselves to put a mod on something, then the forced joke line of reasoning doesn't hold up. Most players will gladly goof around, given how ridiculously absurd stuff like fashionframe has become, where 60+% of the warframes you run into all look goofy to the extreme, then players will gladly force their own joke onto you, it's your choice again to avoid that by playing with serious people.
Some creative players will find a place where a perfectly timed "forced" joke will pay off, and otherwise this will become another part of the game that you can safely ignore for the most part as a harmless peculiarity.

I feel that you just completely missed the point of what I said, especially the part on:

then add on that most people won't use it to "humiliate enemies" but instead to troll other actual players, only worsens the overall idea.

These are things that will be forced on players, whether they choose to or not.

These will waste a spot on the droptable for things that could be more useful.

While comedy is subjective, there shouldn't be more ammo given to trolls.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I feel that you just completely missed the point of what I said, especially the part on:

These are things that will be forced on players, whether they choose to or not.

These will waste a spot on the droptable for things that could be more useful.

While comedy is subjective, there shouldn't be more ammo given to trolls.

I didn't miss anything, I see that you feel very strongly about this, and I don't. I guess dance emotes are forced on players as well. And from what I understood the peculiar mods will go into a completely new drop table for a completely new game mode, not into existing ones. So again, they will be something you can ignore.

Archived