Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 109 - Overview!

[DE]Taylor

Just now, SnuggleBuckets said:

I didn't miss anything, I see that you feel very strongly about this, and I don't. I guess dance emotes are forced on players as well. And from what I understood the peculiar mods will go into a completely new drop table for a completely new game mode, not into existing ones. So again, they will be something you can ignore.

I see it a lot like this:

You play a sortie, you go through the whole thing and you get something you don't want, you'd rather have any other items from the reward list, and it would probably be better if the sortie pool didn't have that item so it wasn't as diluted.

That's about what's going to happen for this new mode that is apparently supposed to bring in veterans.

And then in regards to the dancing emotes, you can run right on by a person doing that as they are stationary and it doesn't necessarily draw the focus to it. These mods are far more visual than that, there's no real getting away from them, they'll happen every time the player using them gets a status proc or a crit, can't really do anything with that. Like I said, if it was strictly in Captura, sure, but as it stands now, it's being silly for the sake of it, and without thinking of any other players.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I see it a lot like this:

You play a sortie, you go through the whole thing and you get something you don't want, you'd rather have any other items from the reward list, and it would probably be better if the sortie pool didn't have that item so it wasn't as diluted.

That's about what's going to happen for this new mode that is apparently supposed to bring in veterans.

And then in regards to the dancing emotes, you can run right on by a person doing that as they are stationary and it doesn't necessarily draw the focus to it. These mods are far more visual than that, there's no real getting away from them, they'll happen every time the player using them gets a status proc or a crit, can't really do anything with that. Like I said, if it was strictly in Captura, sure, but as it stands now, it's being silly for the sake of it, and without thinking of any other players.

I still see you feel strongly about this, I'm not that invested so if you still have some complaints then address them back at the devs after this.

Sorties will still be there with their own droptables, and others might still want to take a chance at this new game mode where the devs already said the peculiar mods will be rare in. So your concerns sound blown out of proportion again, but if other veterans here share your sentiments then I'm sure that will give more weight to that concern, if they don't want anything to do with these apparently rare useless easy to ignore mods in a very particular game mode.
You can run right by an enemy with some flowers growing out of it as well. Some might disagree with you about how noticeable the dance emotes are, like you put it, being subjective and all that.

But go ahead and make up more stuff, I'm checking out, I don't care enough.

On Scythes and heavy blades:

Can we classify them as both heavy blades/axe AND scythe? Basically just allow scythes to use the heavy blade stances.

Btw, is there any chance to allow ALL caves to be open?

re: peculiar mods - give them their own slot as an option, or just make them exilus. lol.

2 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

cant ignore this when it will be diluting the drop tables for Khora parts

As long as Khora has a reasonable drop rate regardless it's fine if the other spaces on the drop table are peculiar mods.

17 minutes ago, UncaIroh said:

On Scythes and heavy blades:

Can we classify them as both heavy blades/axe AND scythe? Basically just allow scythes to use the heavy blade stances.

Btw, is there any chance to allow ALL caves to be open?

re: peculiar mods - give them their own slot as an option, or just make them exilus. lol.

As long as Khora has a reasonable drop rate regardless it's fine if the other spaces on the drop table are peculiar mods.

Khora and peculiar mods aren't the only things dropping from that mode.

There will be other items that DE is saying will be worth it, and peculiar mods will only dilute it.

The mode itself sounds actually pretty fun, just unfortunate they're adding forced memes into the game that will only be used by trolls.

Incredibly disappointed with the Khora changes, specifically to her 4th ability as it looks like it has a lot of overlap with her 2nd ability. Almost every warframe gets 4 abilities so you have to make each one count. I was really looking forward to having another Exalted weapon be introduced into the game, especially since it was for my favourite melee, whips. I was even going to have her as my new main but those hopes have been dashed with this devstream.

Is there a specific reason for this change? I'd really like to hear it at least for some closure. I haven't felt this bad since the Pull nerf many years ago :X (Aside from Pull, Mag is mostly fine now)

7 minutes ago, Liacu said:

Is there a specific reason for this change? I'd really like to hear it at least for some closure. I haven't felt this bad since the Pull nerf many years ago :X (Aside from Pull, Mag is mostly fine now)

it was changed because the community didnt like the IPS changes which Khora's intial design was based around. 

Just now, Jorak_Falconstar said:

it was changed because the community didnt like the IPS changes which Khora's intial design was based around. 

That didn't mean it had to be completely removed though. Even without IPS, there still should've been a melee stance. They could've even added a new mechanic in the same vein as the other Exalteds. (Excalibur Sword Projectile, Wukong Range Increase, Ivara Multishot, etc) What I was most interested in was a stance strong enough to compete with Maiming Strike builds.

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

ca292f4fac0319e5e868560f223247fe.jpg

Another Devstream has come and passed, leaving an overview and tons of Twitch Clips in its wake. If you want to catch up on what was revealed, (and take a look at a not-shown-on-a-phone version of some Moa Pet concepts) keep on reading here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-109-khora-and-void-onslaught

a30fd94fe44e71d40db8c309ba41c712.png

I've waited 5 years for this, and I can't believe it's finally happening.
Hopefully the size increase also includes their in-game range stat, because currently they have the range of daggers.
That alone would get me back into playing the game every single day. 
Thanks DE, and go all out. Make em' huge.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Is that any worse/different than being grouped with an Octavia whose song is just min-maxed noise without the decency to mute it or taking the effort to make it sound moderately pleasing?

...Or frames and abilities that can legitimately disrupt your playstyle/make the mission harder or more tedious, like a Limbo that spams Stasis and Max-Range Cataclysm, or the Nova that thought it was a good idea to bring a Slova build to Sortie Defense or Kuva Survival?

If Peculiar mods are just visual effects -effects that come at a determent to the weapon's strength, and therefore rarely seen in Sorties- I will be OK with that, mainly because I can think of at least 5 or 6 things other players do or have done in the past that would annoy me a heck of a lot more than flowers sprouting from critical hits.

Just now, Foefaller said:

Is that any worse/different than being grouped with an Octavia whose song is just min-maxed noise without the decency to mute it or taking the effort to make it sound moderately pleasing?

...Or frames and abilities that can legitimately disrupt your playstyle/make the mission harder or more tedious, like a Limbo that spams Stasis and Max-Range Cataclysm, or the Nova that thought it was a good idea to bring a Slova build to Sortie Defense or Kuva Survival?

If Peculiar mods are just visual effects -effects that come at a determent to the weapon's strength, and therefore rarely seen in Sorties- I will be OK with that, mainly because I can think of at least 5 or 6 things other players do or have done in the past that would annoy me a heck of a lot more than flowers sprouting from critical hits.

Octavia is annoying, but there is an audio slider for it, and I keep that muted for that very reason.

For frame-specific things, those are frame-specific, so not everyone is going to be able to just toss them on, and so it is much less of an occurrence.

That's why I stated though to not give MORE AMMO to trolls, trolls still have quite a bit of an arsenal, but they don't need to be given more than they already have.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Octavia is annoying, but there is an audio slider for it, and I keep that muted for that very reason.

For frame-specific things, those are frame-specific, so not everyone is going to be able to just toss them on, and so it is much less of an occurrence.

That's why I stated though to not give MORE AMMO to trolls, trolls still have quite a bit of an arsenal, but they don't need to be given more than they already have.

...Other people breaking your own game immersion with 100% visual joke mods is trolling?

Do you skip Easter to avoid Bunny Ears every year as well?

I mean, I get that the idea of these showing up everywhere bothers the heck out of you, and I respect that, but I don't think I would go so far as to put those who decide the want to use them all the time on the same level as trolls.

2 hours ago, Foefaller said:

...Other people breaking your own game immersion with 100% visual joke mods is trolling?

Do you skip Easter to avoid Bunny Ears every year as well?

I mean, I get that the idea of these showing up everywhere bothers the heck out of you, and I respect that, but I don't think I would go so far as to put those who decide the want to use them all the time on the same level as trolls.

Nice to see you are now trying to create new meaning out of what I'm saying.

People will use it and not be trolls, but trolls will use it, and they don't need to be handed some new tool on a silver platter.

I missed part of the stream, but looking at the overview, something left a bitter taste.

· Do not expect any word about Umbra on a Devstream.

This sounds like "we are not talking about this anymore until you guys forget it was ever mentioned, cuz it won't happen anymore". Am I wrong?

Actually I have an idea for Peculiar mods.

Give some Cephalon Simaris standings for completing Sanctuary Onslaught.

Have the Peculiar mods be purchasable with say...the amount of standing for 2-3 rounds of SO.

Who wants them must work hard for them, but have a reliable way to get them, who doesn't want them won't have them in the drop table.

Grofit.

Not sure if this has been said yet.. but doesn't the last lore fragment from Sigor Savah from the Ghoul Purge stuff explicitly say that Khora is found on the Plains? Not in Sanctuary Onslaught? Did Simaris find her on the Plains first? Or is that going to be retconned?

So other than being decoupled from IPS, Khora now has nothing to do with it, as in cannot even change to I,P or S eh?

Her 3 is confusing. So Venari is on duration based power? Hence pressing 3 again during the active duration won't activate the power again ya?

I just wanna say for the peculiar mods, i really hope they don't clog up the C rotations or B rotations, reason being it'd be like trying to farm a rare prime part and getting a forma BP when i had more then i needed at that point in time. I'd also add that over time you'd collect them all so it'd be a wasted rotation for players.

12 hours ago, Duduminador said:

You now realise that Warframe is the one game closer to the wet dream of riding a Mecha. (considering what a Dargin can do, with its very animations, and now we're gonna get a ground vehicle...)

This can actually happen. I'm not exagerating.

So it's basically mecha-ception later, since Warframe is originally a "mecha" from the basis of the operator. A mecha riding a mecha. oh the fantasies. such mecha.

5 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

I missed part of the stream, but looking at the overview, something left a bitter taste.

This sounds like "we are not talking about this anymore until you guys forget it was ever mentioned, cuz it won't happen anymore". Am I wrong?

I think you are a bit wrong...I believe they are not talking about it because, well...why would they? The quest is surely to come before tennocon ,that means in the next 2-3 months and the quest is entirely lore related which means they can't just spoil lore related stuff in devstreams. The quest isn't a game feature or anything(like damage changes or idk...the new void onslaught mode or w/e it's called), it's lore stuff. I think the new quest is supposed to be a surprise just like the mini-quest in our personal quarters. No one expected it and there was no ,,red text'' prior to it. I don't even expect them to tell us ,,the quest is coming out in this specific date'', it will probably be just an update announcement and bam, we notice theres a new quest. Steve made it clear that it's gonna happen with his lil spoilers on his twitter already >.>...

Orphid saryn with flower mod. Fashion frame with literal flower shotgun. Maybe a rock mod for atlas, water mod for hydroid etc. More fashion frame --> more end game. 

The meta is evolving.

inb4 power creep

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Nice to see you are now trying to create new meaning out of what I'm saying.

People will use it and not be trolls, but trolls will use it, and they don't need to be handed some new tool on a silver platter.

Then could you please explain the difference, as it would affect another player, of someone who uses it because they like it and someone who uses it for the purpose of annoying everyone else?

Because honestly, I can't think of a substantial difference from the perspective of another player running the mission between the two. The only thing that really makes any sort of sense to me is if it was on top of some other form of trolling (i.e. that on top of Stasis abuse, the Limbo was making flowers and stars show up everywhere) and i struggle to see how those effects would make the experience substantially worse to the point that they shouldn't be in the game.

12 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

Its what I am hearing as well, I still reckon it won't come before Tennocon even though DE Steve has stated its intended to be before - it was supposed to be released several times now after-all. Khora with her stripped down kit seems like an attempt at placation since there hasn't been any content since last year - half a yeah so far month wise - and I know many players are feeling burned out on the grind that has never gone down, but with less rewards for the time. Might be good to get Eidolon hunts while we wait.

Archived