Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 109 - Overview!

[DE]Taylor

Everything looks and sounds good but I don't get these Pecuiler Mods. They seem really silly and out if place and just not necessary at all. I know we already have some silly stuff but don't get why warframe needs more...this isn't fortnite.

I want the challenge of higher level enemies. More level 80+ missions and content. Not just the 3 sorties and an occasional Kuva Flood. I would also love more Corrupted Mods for the Warframes. More positive and negative combinations. Perhaps someday, all the combinations! Negative Power Strength & Positive Duration for example and so on.

Also yes, make Sythes bigger! Grim Reaper big! Have them be able to use both stances, heavy blade and scythe stances.

13 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

I missed part of the stream, but looking at the overview, something left a bitter taste.

This sounds like "we are not talking about this anymore until you guys forget it was ever mentioned, cuz it won't happen anymore". Am I wrong?

Sounded to me more like "We're saving him for Tennocon."

Looking it over and thinking for the past day or so, Khora's power 2 and 4 are way to similar. They are AOE CC powers...they do the same thing. I'm assuming her ultimate will also do damage over time? And even then it's still just Khora's power 2 but with DoT...I feel like her ultimate should be what it originally was, the exalted whip.

Peculiar mods need to be purely cosmetic and not take up a mod slot on a weapon or they just won't be used and people will rant, rave, and complain that these things are dropping in hardcore mode, which is how it seems to be worded. I like the idea of Peculiar mods, but it also opens up the door to "Why can't we keep the easter bunny ears or the movember mustaches?" Because I mean...come on DE...a mod that it's ONLY purpose is to sprout flowers from enemies? Actually I just had an idea, i'll make a forum post about it...

Finally, Scythe changes...please DE, please do not remove an entire weapon class just because it doesn't get a lot of love. Are daggers actually used more than scythes? Dual daggers? Blade and Whips? Are the Scythe's that under used that you're considering removing them and making them into 'just another heavy blade' ? Keep the stances, let them equip heavy blade AND scythe stances, or alternatively let them just use scythe stances, don't increase their size, and just...give us actual HEAVY SCYTHES please...I mean we are getting a heavy katana, why not heavy scythe?

3 things to note.

1: Still no Nekros items in Tennogen, yet Gara is already getting new stuff? Interesting. And disappointing.

2: Nice job not giving credit for 90% of Vauban's Deluxe, which was done by a fan.

3: How in the ever loving crap is a scythe anywhere near a heavy sword? Scythes are so drastically different it's painful, not in just design but in the way that they're used. Howabout instead of just doing away with or throwing other things on top of the scythe stances, you revamp them and give scythes something interesting? Like the chance to dismember, or cut off armor, or hook enemies and drag/throw them around?

1 hour ago, Hixlysss said:

Finally, Scythe changes...please DE, please do not remove an entire weapon class just because it doesn't get a lot of love. Are daggers actually used more than scythes? Dual daggers? Blade and Whips? Are the Scythe's that under used that you're considering removing them and making them into 'just another heavy blade' ? Keep the stances, let them equip heavy blade AND scythe stances, or alternatively let them just use scythe stances, don't increase their size, and just...give us actual HEAVY SCYTHES please...I mean we are getting a heavy katana, why not heavy scythe?

Absolutely on daggers, thanks to Covert Lethality.

Blade & Whip too, thanks to amazing status chance for Mios and Lacera, great crit weapon stats for the Jat Kusar, and guaranteed slash procs as part of their combos. (Scythes do get them for their charge attacks, but charges attacks are not practical at levels where having slash procs are a dealmaker)

Dual Daggers probably don't, but then again Dual Daggers can't easily be shifted into another "type" of weapon (it might also be because DE sees the real problem with Dual Daggers is that they are all terrible weapons regardless of their stance, whereas Scythes actually have some good weapons, like Causacyst, Reaper Prime, and Hate, yet nothing is popular enough to have less than a rank 4 Riven disposition.)

Do agree that they should keep their own stance however, rather than become just another type of Heavy Blade.

5 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

I don't see the difference between increasing their size to finally become real scythes and separately making a heavy scythe category.
Other than the latter being more work with little to gain. If they decide to just only lengthen the handles then of course that'd be lazy on their part.
The blades would of course have to be longer and wider as well. 

As for the other weapon types you listed, yes. Other than dual daggers, those weapons are used more than scythes for a few reasons.
Scythes have middling to low stats with no beneficial tradeoff, range on par with daggers, mediocre stances, and no bandaid mod to save them similar to Covert Lethality.

Hardcore players are the type to want maximized stats. Newer players who may not see the need to go ultra hardcore on mods would be more likely to use Peculiar Mods.

Giving a silly item to a veteran that a newer player is unlikely to obtain... seems pretty silly to me. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

4 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

That's not DE's fault that is the tennogen creators not picking Nekros to make things for

There are multiple Nekros items that haven't been picked, but they're still of high quality and interesting. I remember prodding Rebecca about this on Twitter and she gave me the exact same answer.

The ground vehicles NEED to have 4 seats for players, a turret or two, and passenger seats from where other coop partners can shoot from.
You do not want a vehicle that only one player can enter and drive, and the rest will just have to awkwardly tag along, or just decide to speed ahead, further encouraging the solo playstyle so many complain about in their coop playsessions.

5 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

So.... unless Vaccum gets addressed, I'm going to make the new pets and fridge them.

No vacuum (or univac), no pet.

Maybe by then we will know how to either have Ordis order pet food using those credits I keep notice missing; or robo-pets - no dna decay!

11 hours ago, Dequire said:

There are multiple Nekros items that haven't been picked, but they're still of high quality and interesting. I remember prodding Rebecca about this on Twitter and she gave me the exact same answer.

Isn't there a Nekros Tennogen helm? The Lazarus? 

I mean, sure, you could argue that there should be "more" Nekros pieces picked by now (I know I felt it took way too long for Valkyr to get more than just the Cheetah helm and Graxx skin) but you can't say there has "never" been a Nekros item.

KHORA:

Remove the kavat power, and KHORA=GARA but worse... Don't feel forced to give us a warframe quickly, you can take more time to think and give us a real NEW warframe. We don't want a re-heated frame... You already did this with nezha, and this warframe is trash and doesn't bring any new and usefull mechanic to the game...

VEHICLES:

If it has the same place than the Dargyns, it's ok... But please don't force us to use them, we are tennos, we use warframes, we don't need corpus Prius...

FLOWER MOD:

Y tho...

NEW UI:

This is absolutely stunning :) I love it!

First of I'm really happy to see they actually are doing something with the unapealing focus system farming methods. (although focus system skills still need a good rework)

I hope these peculiar mods will get a specific slot on a weapon like the way we now see arcane slots in warframes. This way people will actually use the mods. I find it a waste of a update/Idea if we have to sacrifice a damage mod for having some flowers, yes I'd love to equip them. No people eventually switch back to the full damaging modding and your mods will only have been used for a few weeks never to be used again. I'd like avoid wasting this a a forgotten update, because you just don't promote it the right way. In reality only a few people will sacrifice damage in the end for having a little but of fun. But being weaker/useless eventually just isn't fun so that way it's a waste. So I do hope the developers of Warframe thinks carefully about something like this. Don't make it the same way like the raids where only a few people care/know about it. Promote it but never ask for sacrificing damage over fun.

another thing, make a new tab system for them or new look (like arcanes). Not include them in the normal mods if you want to improve the look and make it easier for new players to navigate, don't hide them somewhere within 300 other mods, new players don't like that, my friends especially don't, they despise the current unclear system that warframe works with. I don't mind but I do think it is better that way.

I never say anything on here, i just watch. But i'm gonna say something now, with the full cognizance that I'm still new and I have no place to *@##$. 

1. Flowers dont belong on enemies: they belong in flowerbeds that have been fertilized by enemies. If there is need to reward the Elders, I'm sure trolling an AI that doesn't care is not the best you can come up with, even if the justification is "there is no point". It's simple: if I saw flowers instead of blood coming out of a target, i'd leave the squad.

2. Nobody is mentioning it, but I am looking forward to the new GUI. That teaser we saw of it looks fantastic and i hope it comes yesterday :)

3. That thing about Khorra and the Jungle Jim(#4). Could the Cat have something to do with it? I mean, if she isnt getting that whip (now THAT was something i was looking fwd to) then maybe her Summoned Cat could... i dunno, eat them all that're caught and distribute the heal/energy/focus/whatever buff to the team on a timer? To get away from Vauban/Frost/Gara resemblance a bit? Cuz i gotta tell ya'll, that jungle jim is not calling to me.

5. That thing about vehicles; love that. But that's not taking the atmo-Archwing option out of Venus is it? The 1st thing i aimed at in the plains when the news reached me we could do that was to get the Archwing segment going and i love flying the plains.

I love this game. And thank you for all the time you invest in this product. Now I know some of what i wrote is more clearer in my head than on here, but what can you do, eh, Tenno?

My piece (Don't take offence)

Scythes are a fairly unloved weapon type and we’re looking to change that!

Pretty sure you meant whips. It's been a year and a half since we received a variant of any kind (Secura Lecta), 3.5 years since we received a new whip (Atterax), and there hasn't been a single non-conclave whip stance since Damage 2.0 was introduced.

But yeah, scythes have been ignored.

On that note, there's quite a few other weapon types that receive little to no love.

[Questions]

• Does the Warframe will transfer-link in to the vehicles or just enter physically? I saw that the vehicle it's too small to fit in with a Warframe / Operator.

[Point of view]

• Also it would be really funny to have more seats to give passage to friends or lost tennos around the plains, with a lock system so that other players won't enter (before your permission).

• Make the vehicle deploing ammo and stationary temporary HP station with shield protection: in many different battles, tennos are always being suppressed by enemy forces in a large empty area without cover.

• I think that vehicles should have they're own mastery level with peronalizable weapons, so it would be easy in many different occasions to have alternative weapons to destroy heavy armored enemy vehicles.

[End of Reply]

Thanks to DE and to all who support this game with new ideas, have good day / night.

Archived