Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on scythes becoming heavy blades.

S.Dust

I'm personally not a fan because i feel like the weapons are gonna be slow and it feels like a lazy solutions to the weapons but what's everyone elses opinion. I also dont feel like just because they're bigger they should be heavy blades i feel likely they're more like staffs with a weighted end.

3 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I'm personally not a fan because i feel like the weapons are gonna be slow and it feels like a lazy solutions to the weapons but what's everyone elses opinion. I also dont feel like just because they're bigger they should be heavy blades i feel likely they're more like staffs with a weighted end.

all scythes? why?

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

They are going to be inlarged because of the change. This will also hopefully include added reach. Never liked the original stances anyway.

then they're just another set of weapons that wont compete with the galatine prime the only reason to use them if theyre heavy blades is for mr or because you like the visual look.

Well, to be honest I feel like most people wanted bigger Scythes (a lot referred to some anime I don't know much about) and they'll get what they want, at the cost of the already existant Scythe stances. I feel a bit sad to see a whole melee type being removed from the game, but if it gives enough varety to the Heavy Blade (for some time) for DE to focus on the several types that lacks overall potential (such as Dual Daggers, Staffs, the Warfan(s?) and it's weird pause mid-fight, the lonely Nunchakus, most Fist/Sparring/Machetes/Swords/Rapier/Whip), then I guess it'll be benefic.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

5 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Well, to be honest I feel like most people wanted bigger Scythes (a lot referred to some anime I don't know much about) and they'll get what they want, at the cost of the already existant Scythe stances. I feel a bit sad to see a whole melee type being removed from the game, but if it gives enough varety to the Heavy Blade (for some time) for DE to focus on the several types that lacks overall potential (such as Dual Daggers, Staffs, the Warfan(s?) and it's weird pause mid-fight, the lonely Nuchakus, most Fist/Sparring/Machetes/Swords/Rapier/Whip), then I guess it'll be benefic.

i see that also rapiers are fine the rest are on life support atm.

il y a 1 minute, S.Dust a dit :

i see that also rapiers are fine the rest are on life support atm.

Well, I put them in the list since there are only 2 (3 i you add the Kripath, even though most people prefer the meta Polearms) and one stance. I'm not such a Rapier fan so I never really tested any on HL content. I'm more of a Sword/Dual Swords/Jat Kittag kinda-player.

Fine with the change but they still need a buff. I hope their idles are changed accordingly. Though someone got it right - could be changed to great axes instead.

At least, one way or another, we're getting a form of a great scythe.

Edited by Valiant

Scythes right now look terrible size wise and the stances are terrible. 

There aren't that many heavy bladed weapons in the game so adding the scythes in this category is welcoming.

Tbh any change to the scythes was much needed. Galatine Prime about to be dethroned by a Plague Keewar running Cleaving Whirlwind heh

Edited by VengefulMaelstrom

The problem is that the stances are quite old, so they have animations that lock you in place and little to no multipliers on combo hits. This makes them pretty bad because they reduce your movement and deal significantly lower damage because of the lack of procs. 

Reaping Spiral is easily one of the worst stances in the whole game, Stalking Fan is usable because of the spinning combo which multihits .

I find it very stupid, just rework the scythes, we said we wanted great-scythes with new stances, we don't want them to be in the "heavy blade" category, that's a stupid idea.

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

It's odd to me that instead of developing a whole new weapon category (i.e. two-handed scythes) DE opted for a technicality. Granted, a new class will require novel assets, time, money, and all that pizzazz, but would it not be worth it? We got a useless Fan weapon for Christ sake! Why not give scythes a similar treatment? 

Why would they be slow? They don't need to be. Sure previous heavy blades didn't have an optimal attack speed but the Gatatine Prime kinda changed that.

They could also be faster, have more range, but have a lower base damage. (Maybe mostly relying on a balance of high crit and or status instead)

I kind of like it and don't. I would much rather they improve out current 2 scythe stances and make them work for the new length they will have, but... it would take time.

And with how frequent things tend to get left in the background while they constantly announce and work on new things I fear that this might make it take too long.

So I would say I prefer them getting the heavy blade stances just for an easier fix.

(Though shortly after they mentioned giving it them the heavy blade stances I realised theres a small issue where none of the current scythes have a base stance polarity that matches any of the current heavy blade stances. Solvable with forma, though still a minor annoyance nonetheless)

Edited by Madway7

I feel like this will probably be one of those Band-Aid fixes that never gets looked at again, it's been like what, 2 years since they put in the Dark Split-Sword? there's still no unique stance for it, even though it needs one to be worth using over literally any other Dual Swords or Heavy Blade weapons. Heavy Stances like Tempo Royale are definitely better though, and you could certainly swing around a Scythe in much the same manner as an Axe or Greatsword. i'll give it a pass for now, but i think DE should start expecting "proper Scythe Stances when?" threads to appear from others in the future.

Make em larger. Quicker than other heavy blades, increase their Range and lessen their base damage, voila, A new type of heavy blade, aka scythes that are quick and reach plentyfull. 

I am up for that honestly. I likethe scythe design but the lack of range and good stances make it a pain to run with one. If this makes it through I would love it. (tempo royal with scythes? Hell yeah)

So I just read the devstream overview on the main site and it seems they plan to bring this with the melee revisit...

Considering how long that will take since it will probably cover all melee weapons (stat wise), stances (possibly number tweaks to less popular weapon stances such as staves), charge attacks, channeling, possibly parrying and hopefully the lesser used melee mods and some of the channeling mods.

I figure that will take quite a while... so I change my position to be that I would just prefer our current scythe stances be changed to adjust to their new lengths.

Longer 2handed Scythes would be cool but 1handed Scythes are still a thing so its a;

6rZ8g8R.jpg

kinda thing.

I mainly disliked how slow they are by default, just like daggers  (which also have terrible crit unlike daggers in all other games.)

Smaller should = faster.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

On 4/13/2018 at 6:48 PM, Firetempest said:

They are going to be inlarged because of the change. This will also hopefully include added reach. Never liked the original stances anyway.

Really.  YES.  This is great NEWS. So Hate and Reaper Prime, etc are gonna look like AW Kaszas in PvE?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73