Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression after LVL 30

hazZzard

Hi Folks

Well I'm in Warframe for quite a while and it's always fun for me to upgrade stuff or collect new mods and weapons. Well meanwhile i maxed out most frames and also a good amount of weapons (incl. forma where for the frames and weapons where i had the most fun with). I like the forma method and it's okay but it's rather quick as you can easily fully forma a warframe within several hours doing the right missions.

What if...

There would be an additional method to (minorly) upgrade each of your warframes a little bit more. Let's say after you placed at least 2 forma you unlock bonus achievements (or quest or whatever) for example...
Kill certain amount of enemies
Complete X Missions
Kill X enemies with ability 1
[just base ideas..]

After completing each one you get a minor bonus to one of your base stats (predefined) or an ability duration or the ability damage (dunno maybe 2% maybe 5%...).

The idea is not to make this a must-have (!!) as the stat increase must be minor.

I'm thinking of doing this per warframe so you can either do it for the one you like the most or for all of them.

A specific example for Nekros could be after you desecrated XXX enemies the bonus loot chance is increased by 5%. Not too much right? Needed? Well not really. Cool for a Nekros fan? Ye I'd think so. Could also be quality of life like a little bit more sprint speed or knockdown recovery (which is pain in the ass for almost all frames xD)

In my mind you'd get a separate little screen in your arsenal where those achivements are tracked (maybe like 5 per frame or sth). None of these achivements are doable within a few minutes - it's more of a long-term achivement which you'll get doing any mission playing your warframe of choice. It's not like the Riven mods where you have to do specific stuff in one mission, all missions are counted into this.

What do you think? Complete bullS#&$? Good idea?

If this idea somewhere in this forum already exists sorry for that ;-)

Regards,
hazard

Edited by hazZzard

Any bonus stat modifications would need to be made optional as the sole purpose of the mod system and neutral stats is to allow for highly custom build options.

Bonus stats are nice, but I feel they should be relegated to low-priority stats such as casting time, knockdown recovery or ammo maximum. Stats that are not hugely critical to 'Frame and weapon effectiveness but still nice to have slight bonuses to.

I want the challenge of higher level enemies. More level 80+ missions and content. Not just the 3 sorties and an occasional Kuva Flood. I would also love more Corrupted Mods for the Warframes. More positive and negative combinations. Perhaps someday, all the combinations! Negative Power Strength & Positive Duration for example and so on.

Also yes, make Sythes bigger! Grim Reaper big! Have them be able to use both stances, heavy blade and scythe stances.

10 hours ago, hazZzard said:

After completing each one you get a minor bonus to one of your base stats

10 hours ago, hazZzard said:

The idea is not to make this a must-have (!!) as the stat increase must be minor.

These are antithetical. Any increase would be must have, especially if it were added to base stats.

11 hours ago, hazZzard said:

The moment you start making stat bonuses, it becomes mandatory for top damage or capability. People would only see this as another grind needed to obtain full strength, which would only cause more issues with people complaining about lack of challenge and lack of endgame. We need a lot less power increase across all warframes and weapons and instead just get options.

I like the idea, sounds interesting 

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The moment you start making stat bonuses, it becomes mandatory for top damage or capability. People would only see this as another grind needed to obtain full strength, which would only cause more issues with people complaining about lack of challenge and lack of endgame. We need a lot less power increase across all warframes and weapons and instead just get options.

We’re grinding anyway, may as well be for more of a purpose 

2 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Any bonus stat modifications would need to be made optional as the sole purpose of the mod system and neutral stats is to allow for highly custom build options.

Bonus stats are nice, but I feel they should be relegated to low-priority stats such as casting time, knockdown recovery or ammo maximum. Stats that are not hugely critical to 'Frame and weapon effectiveness but still nice to have slight bonuses to.

Agreed, the stat boosts would need to be very minor, and also well thought out

12 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Not sure whether I get that right but if someone is not into grinding, warframe is probably not the best choice ... right? :-)

Generally: thanks for the Feedback. So if I get all of your commentaries right we're it must be either just Energy, Life, Armor, Sprintspeed, Shields (not power strenght, range etc.) or costumizable. So once unlocked those bonuses can be activated or set to inactive. Also those bonuses should be figured out per warframe.

7 minutes ago, hazZzard said:

Not sure whether I get that right but if someone is not into grinding, warframe is probably not the best choice ... right? :-)

Generally: thanks for the Feedback. So if I get all of your commentaries right we're it must be either just Energy, Life, Armor, Sprintspeed, Shields (not power strenght, range etc.) or costumizable. So once unlocked those bonuses can be activated or set to inactive. Also those bonuses should be figured out per warframe.

At that point it is the original design for the moding system all over again, the mod tree that we had back in alpha. May want to look into it if you wanted to refine the idea more.

The Focus system was intended to address Affinity gains after maxing equipment but... well. Look what it became.

There have been plenty of successful alternate advancement system in the past for other games but those games also give you somewhere to go with that extra power and they promote cooperation between players to complete tasks rather than every man is a hallway hero like Warframe.

In games like Everquest and Rift my guild was happy I spent time grinding extra stats and perks because it made raids easier for the guild. It made the healer's job easier and when I DPS'd it made the clear times quicker. It does work and can work just not in the current state of Warframe.

There's no reason for players to work together beyond very basic gear in Warframe. You don't need maxed mods, Primed mods or Arcanes to complete everything in this game and the only part that will tax the difference between a 2 months account and a 5 year account is neglected in favor of new player money. A 2 month account can grind the same Kuva/Minute as my 5 year 4,000 in-mission hours account. It's apparent DE doesn't want there to be a difference.

...and so every new bit of Warframe content just dead-ends.