Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed 2018

akoska

Hello :) Today i played game few hours , i go offline few hours and i started the Warframe Launcher  , launcher any time send me:
Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

The update will be restarted shortly..

: Please help me guys , i watched so many videos , not working , i reinstalled game 2x times not good .. :( please i want to go again https://imgur.com/a/dkgvW

Same thing happening for me. Also I noticed that the main domain, i.e., www.warframe.com shows the message when I try to open it on my PC

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.warframe.com" on this server.

Reference #18.40a21ab8.1523772131.1bb762f5"

support.warframe.com, digitalextremes.zendesk.com and forums.warframe.com are perfectly accessible from my PC but can't login cuz the login is through the main domain. I've already tried two different networks, my broadband and mobile data but the same result. Thankfully can login through my phone. Any help is appreciated on how to lift the ban. Also, it can't be cuz of promocodes as I haven't redeemed any in many weeks.

Edit: my issue just got fixed. I accessed the site on my PC through VPN on servers in Singapore and Russia, that worked. I logged in on the main site and switched off the VPN. Guess what, now I can normally access the site and also the launcher connects and updates. Dunno what kind of black magic this is but I'm off to do Sorties now.

Edited by Sm1NoBody
issue got solved

2 hours ago, Sm1NoBody said:

Same thing happening for me. Also I noticed that the main domain, i.e., www.warframe.com shows the message when I try to open it on my PC

"Access Denied

support.warframe.com, digitalextremes.zendesk.com and forums.warframe.com are perfectly accessible from my PC but can't login cuz the login is through the main domain. I've already tried two different networks, my broadband and mobile data but the same result. Thankfully can login through my phone. Any help is appreciated on how to lift the ban. Also, it can't be cuz of promocodes as I haven't redeemed any in many weeks.

Edit: my issue just got fixed. I accessed the site on my PC through VPN on servers in Singapore and Russia, that worked. I logged in on the main site and switched off the VPN. Guess what, now I can normally access the site and also the launcher connects and updates. Dunno what kind of black magic this is but I'm off to do Sorties now.

Then tell me to do VPN? But how to ? I have TP-Link , i watch videos ... and i cant create

1 hour ago, akoska said:

Then tell me to do VPN? But how to ? I have TP-Link , i watch videos ... and i cant create

I have speedify. On free usage, it has a 1gb per month limit, which is good enough for checking these kinda infrequent login troubles but is worth it cuz its really easy to use and doesn't need sign-up for that. It has a lot of different regions to try out as well.

3 hours ago, Sm1NoBody said:

I have speedify. On free usage, it has a 1gb per month limit, which is good enough for checking these kinda infrequent login troubles but is worth it cuz its really easy to use and doesn't need sign-up for that. It has a lot of different regions to try out as well.

What??

Well, I tried a whole bunch of solutions, but none seemed to work, reinstalling, fixing distributables(Because Windows 10 is full of so many issues it's not even funny. The deeper you go, the more you find.) Clearing DNS cache and the sort, but I still get that bugged updating window. I really hope DE is looking into this, because I just finished Valkyr prime and was working on leveling her, and I was really looking forward to playing with her build. I'm not going to try any VPN nonsense I saw mentioned, because I shouldn't need to use such a thing to find a workaround.

The problem started on the wednesday. I also tried lots of solutions (like clearing dns cache, repairing and reinstalling visual c++ and etc.) and the problem seems to be with the IP, since i tried connecting with mobile data and game game works just fine. Even using VPN got me kicked out of the game just 5 minutes after launching the game. Please DE fix this problem

Still no comment from DE on the issue. Neither me nor my brother can play the game since we both play on our own computers, but technically the same connection going through the router and modem. And I think the faulty software their ban system uses acted out because I had been looking up promo-codes and used the ones that were still active, no issues. Tell my brother about them when he gets a chance to get on, he tries to use the FREESWORD one, it errors out, and soon after the game starts acting up, so I restart it, and bam. This error. Based on years of posts, I would think they would have fixed such holes in the software, but here they are, years later. I doubt it's the same cause for everyone in this post, but I'm pretty sure that's probably what happened on my end. I'm not gonna ask for compensation for time lost or anything, I just want to be able to play the game again.

Edited by sweetrules

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2018 at 2:13 PM, Sm1NoBody said:

"Access Denied

Did what u said. it worked for me when I used the Russian server and not the Singapore server. Thanks a lot man

• 1 month later...

This is still happening for the Sacrifice

Edit: Restarted the Client several times, it is updating to a point then it decides nope, after downloading 2 gb and then stopping

What is going on with the client?

Oh can still play even if it does fail, but most likely without the update

Pls fix the client issues

Restarted the client.... again. It continues where it left off, so maybe this will be done in parts.

The answer to that is yes in very small increments of 4 Mbs per try

Not getting past the checking for new content bar keeps downloading 100mbs with no change to it

Edited by Delonna

2 hours ago, Delonna said:

Edit: Restarted the Client several times, it is updating to a point then it decides nope, after downloading 2 gb and then stopping

What is going on with the client?

Oh can still play even if it does fail, but most likely without the update

Pls fix the client issues

Restarted the client.... again. It continues where it left off, so maybe this will be done in parts.

The answer to that is yes in very small increments of 4 Mbs per try

Not getting past the checking for new content bar keeps downloading 100mbs with no change to it

same here 😕 keeps saying update fail restart shortly blahblah for 2 days already

9 hours ago, Delonna said:

having the same issue with sacrifice. updated and optimized yeasterday at night, turned everything off and went to sleep, now I'm faced with this error.

edit: using the vpn trick worked: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/967329-potential-fix-for-update-failed-in-sacrifice-update/

Edited by BlueDemon75