Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Peculiar mod or Cephalon?

Keyse

It's too bad that the Peculiar mods aren't little Cephalons. We could attach them to our gear and then they could do the useless funny things associated with their personality.

I thought about this when Steve was laughing about the sarcastic mod that talks back to you. A Cephalon would do more talking than a mod could. Then I thought maybe a Cephalon couldn't be attached to a piece of gear. But Ordis talks about mods being deleted and hopes that some day he is not deleted. Obviously without a lot of research, that shows that he is some form of data. The Corpus use them to control ships too, so why not use them in smaller items like guns and swords? Maybe some Cephalons don't want to control something large like a battleship and would rather be carried around in a dagger or pistol.

This could give us a new interaction with Venus' open world and hub city. What if there was a Cephalon shop in town where you could buy your Peculiar Cephalon that attaches to your gear? Darvo spoke about getting a new Cephalon for our ship once. So apparently they can be swapped out like any other part of a ship. If they can be swapped in and out, certainly someone must sell them. A Cephalon shop would give us a new type of subculture in the Warframe Universe that we haven't seen yet too. I'm sure somewhere there are people who collect them and show them off to their friends. I don't want to belittle a Cephalon to a Tamagotchi, lol but that's what comes to mind. For those who would think it cruel to buy and sell a living creature. Don't forget we have dogs, cats, and sentinels. Also the Cephalons are treated like tools anyway. This would give them a better life while traveling the world in style.

They could still take a mod slot since that seems to be what the Devs are going for in the first place. The "mod" could show the Cephalon's picture on it and have a small description of what it does like a normal mod has. This would reduce UI clutter (less slots like Aura, Exilus, and Arcanes), keep animation development low since we aren't technically adding physical characters, and keep Pablo and the team focused on more important things. :)

Lastly for now, this would populate the Cephalon world with a broader variety than just Suda, Ordis, Jordas, Simaris, etc. without needing to add lore into the game. This would allow for more character interactions without needing a back story for every Cephalon. They wouldn't even need a lot of voice lines either. A few for being attached, and a few for being removed. They wouldn't have to be played every time you add or remove the mod either. Just once in a while to remind you that it's a living creature and keep the repetition low. Some could be mute and apply a stat or peculiarity only. I'm sure some Cephalons are more vocal than others anyway.

That's all I have about that subject. Mostly just writing down my thoughts. I think it would be fun having a little sparkly shape accompany us in our weapons. :)

Or this could also be like a type of arcane slot on your weapons that adds a cephalon and also gives your weapons an effec like shooting stars or flowers to match the cephalons personality or change the sound of the weapon firing or even put this slot on only prime frames and it gives the cephalon control over the warframe while you are in operator form and while you are in the frame it gives your warframe and aura to add to  Fashion frame I would love auras that made your frame look like it was on fire or steam coming off the shoulders or an aura that looked like a cloak made of shadows ooh that would be a sick syndana