Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Donation?

(PSN)ajniNterceS

Wondering if the community was interested in starting a donation fund for DE in the hopes of fixing the plethora of game issues. If DE were willing to address basic quality of life concerns plaguing the game like: I can’t reload my gun or connection issues. Maybe we can create a donation window (like a month) and we could get like a “founders reward” like Excalibur Prime equivalent. Appreciate feedback

Won't happen. DE has been dealing with server issues for years now and they refuse to address it. Earlier today my entire group got D/Cd due to "Network not Responding" and when I made a thread about how bad the servers are, it got deleted by a mod within seconds. They pretend there is no problem with Warframe and you can only leave a positive comment on the forum or you'll be punished (including constructive criticism). This is DE logic.

15 minutes ago, Vitamin.Ex said:

and they refuse to address it. 

How do they refuse to address it? They've literally tweeted and posted about the issue just minutes after it happened and started working on a fix. There is nothing you can do, if software or hardware is malfunctioning, except for trying to fix it. There is no perfect solution that will let them protect their servers from any and all harm.

As long as it consists of 1's and 0's, it is vulnerable to errors and attacks. Nothing DE can magically prevent forever.

2 hours ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

How do they refuse to address it? They've literally tweeted and posted about the issue just minutes after it happened and started working on a fix.

To be fair a lot of the 'smaller' issues feel like they're 'fixed' by an off and on again cycle of their hardware (there's an issue in that in itself imo but still) but when you get a ddos attack they don't seem (ie the impression we get from outside) to have anything in place to counter it, not even a plan of action, because of how long it takes etc. 

DDOS are a common issue now for every major online service, the difference is a prepared company can be back online in a few hours, not have the issue running on for several days or even longer.  There are services out there that are designed to actively mitigate ddos attacks too. 

As to the OP donating... um, no DE are a business and as much as they like to make out they're poor they have a massive Chinese conglomerate as a majority owner so they have plenty of capital available to deal with 'server issues'. 

Edited by LSG501
correcting some sentance structure

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair a lot of the 'smaller' issues feel like they're 'fixed' by an off and on again cycle of their hardware (there's an issue in that in itself imo but still) but when you get a ddos attack they don't seem (ie the impression we get from outside) to have anything in place to counter it, not even a plan of action, because of how long it takes etc. 

DDOS are a common issue now for every major online service, the difference is an prepared company can be back online in a few hours, not have the issue running on for several days or even longer.  There are services out there that are designed to actively mitigate ddos attacks too. 

^ This, this is what I'm talking about. They seem to be getting DDoSd every few days and nothing changes. They can Tweet all they want but that doesn't fix the problems. I don't see any other game out there getting attacked in the way Warframe is. DE needs to give their servers a MAJOR overhaul with all that money they're making. I see DDoS prevention on sooo many sites and games I visit which tells me there is something to help stop it. I really don't mean to bash DE because I love Warframe, but the non-stop server issues is enough to drive people away, especially when the developers can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

DDOS are a common issue now for every major online service, the difference is an prepared company can be back online in a few hours, not have the issue running on for several days or even longer.  There are services out there that are designed to actively mitigate ddos attacks too. 

As to the OP donating... um, no DE are a business and as much as they like to make out they're poor they have a massive Chinese conglomerate as a majority owner so they have plenty of capital available to deal with 'server issues'. 

Hence why they needed an initial investment of founders. They are large compared to us, but tiny in the macro sense. Basic core components have been neglected, I understand the DDOS nearly impossible to prevent, and I am aware of their responses to several problems, but several times a day I can’t reload my gun, several times a day I load into a black screen, I have over 150 Pago clears and no Harrow piece (which was claimed at 11% drop rate). My idea isn’t to *@##$ at DE. They seem to be doing the best they can, but rather support them better. Plat sales don’t seem to address the core functionality of problems. If you don’t have problems (I play on PS4) you can ignore this and not contribute

39 minutes ago, Vitamin.Ex said:

^ This, this is what I'm talking about. They seem to be getting DDoSd every few days and nothing changes. They can Tweet all they want but that doesn't fix the problems. I don't see any other game out there getting attacked in the way Warframe is. DE needs to give their servers a MAJOR overhaul with all that money they're making. I see DDoS prevention on sooo many sites and games I visit which tells me there is something to help stop it. I really don't mean to bash DE because I love Warframe, but the non-stop server issues is enough to drive people away, especially when the developers can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

Recently sure but overall? 99.99% uptime easily. 

DDoS prevention is generally a half truth type thing where if you pay enough money the dam is larger but it doesn't remove the possibility of the dam still overflowing with enough effort. DE's budget for server hardware and such seem to be fantastic for the vast majority of time until some pathetic group of trolls decide to cause problems. Financially it doesn't make sense to just tell the dev "hey you should be spending exponentially more money to ensure that the .01% of the time that you're getting DDoS'd isn't as effective". 

If the problem was truly more common (or really affected average gameplay as opposed to occasional ddos) then you could say that the hardware they have isn't enough to support the game. 

The server issues aren't nearly as non-stop as you make them out to be.

Edited by KurryB

Perhaps you are not experiencing these problems. No issues, you can ignore this thread. This thread is for those who are experiencing problems in the game and would be willing to contribute to a potential solution, should DE agree and come up with a plan. This is player created thread and is not mandatory for anyone by any means. I’m trying to get a consensus of the community. Perhaps my (some of problems) stem from the console port (PS4)? 

32 minutes ago, KurryB said:

Recently sure but overall? 99.99% uptime easily. 

DDoS prevention is generally a half truth type thing where if you pay enough money the dam is larger but it doesn't remove the possibility of the dam still overflowing with enough effort. DE's budget for server hardware and such seem to be fantastic for the vast majority of time until some pathetic group of trolls decide to cause problems. Financially it doesn't make sense to just tell the dev "hey you should be spending exponentially more money to ensure that the .01% of the time that you're getting DDoS'd isn't as effective". 

If the problem was truly more common (or really affected average gameplay as opposed to occasional ddos) then you could say that the hardware they have isn't enough to support the game. 

The server issues aren't nearly as non-stop as you make them out to be.

Edited by (PS4)ajniNterceS

You seem to lack a fundamental understanding of ddos'ing. It's not something that can be fully prevented or fixed. It can only be mitigated at best. 

When I say 99.99% uptime I'm not talking about for me only, I'm talking about server uptimes as a whole. 

There's no easy fix. No plan to come up with. No solution.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ajniNterceS said:

Hence why they needed an initial investment of founders. They are large compared to us, but tiny in the macro sense. Basic core components have been neglected, I understand the DDOS nearly impossible to prevent, and I am aware of their responses to several problems, but several times a day I can’t reload my gun, several times a day I load into a black screen, I have over 150 Pago clears and no Harrow piece (which was claimed at 11% drop rate). My idea isn’t to *@##$ at DE. They seem to be doing the best they can, but rather support them better. Plat sales don’t seem to address the core functionality of problems. If you don’t have problems (I play on PS4) you can ignore this and not contribute

Founders was 5 years ago, the Chinese company purchased 60+% of DE in 2016....

Your drop rate has nothing to do with servers, that's rng and that's a completely different topic altogether.   Your issues with game not reloading your gun is not down to the servers, that's down to your host (remember game is p2p) and possibly game code and while I'm not saying it doesn't need fixing it's a completely different issue to ddos etc.

25 minutes ago, KurryB said:

You seem to lack a fundamental understanding of ddos'ing. It's not something that can be fully prevented or fixed. It can only be mitigated at best. 

When I say 99.99% uptime I'm not talking about for me only, I'm talking about server uptimes as a whole. 

There's no easy fix. No plan to come up with. No solution.

They can't 'stop' them completely but they can handle them better than what they seem to and there are services/techniques out there that can help mitigate a ddos.  DE doesn't seem (obviously we don't know everything internally) to have anything like this in place, they don't even seem to have a 'response plan' which is the number one thing companies should have in place to speed up dealing with ddos attacks. 

A few have derailed this thread. It was not intended for DDOS prevention. That is nearly impossible, it’s a child dream. I’m concerned with the core mechanics of the game not performing correctly. Apparently, I’m getting confused in this maelstrom and will restate my position: I would like to create a fund (based off player contribution) in exchange for DE correcting our identified concerns regarding core functionality of the game. This is not for cosmetics, new gear, weapon balancing, “new” items. If your not in favor, there is no value to your response, the lack of apparent support will voice your position. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)ajniNterceS said:

Maybe we can create a donation window (like a month) and we could get like a “founders reward” like Excalibur Prime equivalent. Appreciate feedback

Founders items will not be returning and are exclusive to those that paid for founders packs when it was available.

If you want to help support the development of Warframe, purchase platinum, Prime Access or Prime Vault.

"I have over 150 Pago clears and no Harrow piece" - That is not a bug/issue, that is RNG, just because you didn't get X item in X number of runs, doesn't mean the system is broken. There could also be a point that maybe after 50 runs or so, you are guaranteed to get a warframe part from the mission you are running, but that is for another topic.

I don't think having a "donation page" with special rewards and telling DE "you only get this money if you fix this bug" that they may not even be able to reproduce is what is needed to get them to fix your specific issues.

If people want DE to fix issues, they need EE logs, re-production steps etc.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

They can't 'stop' them completely but they can handle them better than what they seem to and there are services/techniques out there that can help mitigate a ddos.  DE doesn't seem (obviously we don't know everything internally) to have anything like this in place, they don't even seem to have a 'response plan' which is the number one thing companies should have in place to speed up dealing with ddos attacks.

The problem with services are that they will always slow down network traffic. Cloudlfare can make any but the most extreme DDOS completely ineffective, but it requires all traffic to go through Cloudflare's gateway before being routed to a server. This is not a problem for a normal website, but for a game that relies so heavily on ping and constant connection, it would be very noticeable I think.

Just now, rune_me said:

The problem with services are that they will always slow down network traffic. Cloudlfare can make any but the most extreme DDOS completely ineffective, but it requires all traffic to go through Cloudflare's gateway before being routed to a server. This is not a problem for a normal website, but for a game that relies so heavily on ping and constant connection, it would be very noticeable I think.

It wouldn't actually affect the gameplay itself though because as we know the game is p2p so once the hand off is done we'd be at the mercy of the person picked to be host as usual.   I doubt we'd notice any slow down on the syncing of end of mission rewards as this can take 10 seconds due to the timer anyway although there might be a tiny bit on PoE. 

The only real area where we could notice a 'slow down' (doubt there would be much with cloudflare's infrastructure to be honest though) would be on the things that don't actually need the low pings like cetus, relays and the likes where they're now hosted on DE servers. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)ajniNterceS said:

Tell that to the triple A titles. Less problems due to larger budget. This game was created to our investments 

Hahahaha  Tell that the SWB2,  No Mans Sky,  Watch Dogs 2...   could go on.   

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It wouldn't actually affect the gameplay itself though because as we know the game is p2p so once the hand off is done we'd be at the mercy of the person picked to be host as usual.   I doubt we'd notice any slow down on the syncing of end of mission rewards as this can take 10 seconds due to the timer anyway although there might be a tiny bit on PoE. 

Actually yeah, that might not be a problem with a p2p game. It might increase loadtimes very slightly after missions, but I'd be okay with that if it helped with the overall server issues.

Lol that’s an easy one. AAA titles have less core problems. Fact of life. Bigger budgets. Which RNG percentage requires 150+ clears? If that, that isn’t a bug, then why has most of the community received their harrow peices with less clears? And to the idiots who after 5+ yrs of plat purchases, skins, and cosmetics and still think those are the “solution” these problems you are obviously mistaken, and sadly part of the problem. Honestly, those who are trashing this idea are wasting their time. If you don’t have a complaint with the games mechanics, troll another thread. 

17 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Hahahaha  Tell that the SWB2,  No Mans Sky,  Watch Dogs 2...   could go on.   

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ajniNterceS said:

Lol that’s an easy one. AAA titles have less core problems. Fact of life. Bigger budgets. Which RNG percentage requires 150+ clears? If that, that isn’t a bug, then why has most of the community received their harrow peices with less clears? Honestly, those who are trashing this idea are wasting their time. If you don’t have a complaint with the games mechanics, troll another thread. 

I know it might come across as a little strange to ask this but are you actually doing the right map?

As to your original message with it having an 11% drop chance, we have no idea what number of missions this is based off of, in theory if it's based on 1000 missions you could do 890 runs without getting the reward and then the last 110 runs could all be the reward you want, this would still be an 11% drop chance as the sample size is 1000 missions.  Now this is highly unlikely but it is possible so your 150+ (I'll be honest I'd say this is exaggeration) is entirely possible due to the way rng works. 

edit: the wiki even gives you expected number of runs..

To nearly guarantee at least one drop for each part 77±20 complete runs are needed for the Neuroptics, 303±76 Fissure Corrupted kills for the Chassis, and 118±30 C Rotations in Tier I Defection or 77±20 C Rotations in Tier II and III Defection for the Systems.

Edited by LSG501

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I know it might come across as a little strange to ask this but are you actually doing the right map?

As to your original message with it having an 11% drop chance, we have no idea what number of missions this is based off of, in theory if it's based on 1000 missions you could do 890 runs without getting the reward and then the last 110 runs could all be the reward you want, this would still be an 11% drop chance as the sample size is 1000 missions.  Now this is highly unlikely but it is possible so your 150+ (I'll be honest I'd say this is exaggeration) is entirely possible due to the way rng works. 

edit: the wiki even gives you expected number of runs..

To nearly guarantee at least one drop for each part 77±20 complete runs are needed for the Neuroptics, 303±76 Fissure Corrupted kills for the Chassis, and 118±30 C Rotations in Tier I Defection or 77±20 C Rotations in Tier II and III Defection for the Systems.

Pago for neuroptics. 77 +/- 20 is less than what I’ve completed. 150 would have been an exaggeration, but after a few weeks of not getting it, I bought a manual “clicker” to actually count my runs, of which I only counted the “perfect” clears with no alarms. So my 150 is a drastic understatement. 

Edit: Fairly confident that if the drop rate was based off 1000 completions.....no one would have Harrow and most players would have either quit or raised hell.

please bear in mind this is of several of the base mechanics and is not intended to entail the wide variety of problems, we the players face. Interested in seeing what other problems we can add to this list of “stability” concerns. Unfortunately, connection problems are something that I do not intend to pursue as it would not be easily solved or cost efficient 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ajniNterceS said:

Lol that’s an easy one. AAA titles have less core problems. Fact of life. Bigger budgets. Which RNG percentage requires 150+ clears? If that, that isn’t a bug, then why has most of the community received their harrow peices with less clears? And to the idiots who after 5+ yrs of plat purchases, skins, and cosmetics and still think those are the “solution” these problems you are obviously mistaken, and sadly part of the problem. Honestly, those who are trashing this idea are wasting their time. If you don’t have a complaint with the games mechanics, troll another thread. 

Maybe you never played No Mans Sky or some of the others...  Plenty of S#&$ty AAA games out there with big problems.   Big budget doesn't mean better game.   It means more money was spent, that's it.   Its how that money was used that matters.   And RNG is a part of being F2P.   I have spent hundreds of runs after some things.   Some I eventually got.  One I still don't, but it will drop sooner or later.   Then again I have gotten others in just one.  If its something I want, and its no longer worth my time to farm, then ill farm/buy plat and just outright buy the item.  

I provide support to DE by occasionally buying plat.  Money which they have used to continuously make the game better and provide additional content.   You know, what your "Donation" is alleging to do.  Your OP really sounds more like someone trying to get a special frame through a new founders pack.   Just calling it something else.   Sorry, no Excalibro Prime for you.

3 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Maybe you never played No Mans Sky or some of the others...  Plenty of S#&$ty AAA games out there with big problems.   Big budget doesn't mean better game.   It means more money was spent, that's it.   Its how that money was used that matters.   And RNG is a part of being F2P.   I have spent hundreds of runs after some things.   Some I eventually got.  One I still don't, but it will drop sooner or later.   Then again I have gotten others in just one.  If its something I want, and its no longer worth my time to farm, then ill farm/buy plat and just outright buy the item.  

I provide support to DE by occasionally buying plat.  Money which they have used to continuously make the game better and provide additional content.   You know, what your "Donation" is alleging to do.  Your OP really sounds more like someone trying to get a special frame through a new founders pack.   Just calling it something else.   Sorry, no Excalibro Prime for you.

Lol. Bigger budgets provide funding for a variety of things, my quote said LESS problems, not “no problems”. AAA titles have longer production cycles, more quality control...list goes on. The fact that this game does so well under such a small budget is a miracle. Although they’re those who spend thousands of dollars each year “supporting” the game through cosmetics and various microtransactions. I’m all for, paying for the games experience, what I won’t pay for is a buggy one which they haven’t addressed

Grinding for a remote .0001% drop rate is obscene. Glad your aware that some of your purchases are supporting a portion of the games developments, but are you aware of the plethora of basic problems in the PS4 release? If you don’t have problems, that’s FANTASIC! You can troll another thread. Not interested in excal prime