Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie wants feedback (Wontonbay's Workshop)

Wontonbay

Hey!
I'm new to the whole 3d stuff and have a couple concepts that i have been working on for fun and learning to use Blender. I would love to get some feedback on the two concepts im working on since I would like to be able to submit something for tennogen someday. Maybe even these ones after some(or a lot) more work is done.

Bone Trophy Syandana

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1380791276

Other Cape Idea

Spoiler

Ss8s3hL.png

Edited by Wontonbay

not bad! i feel like the first syandana would fit with the universe of warframe more if you taper the parts of the plates that stick out, maybe around the bottom?

also i would have the syandana come down to around his ankles, but not lower as it could drag. also shoulder extremes, to make sure the areas of the syandana around the shoulders don't block weapons fire.

very impressive for a newbie (so am i btw)

keep up the good work!

22 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

not bad! i feel like the first syandana would fit with the universe of warframe more if you taper the parts of the plates that stick out, maybe around the bottom?

also i would have the syandana come down to around his ankles, but not lower as it could drag. also shoulder extremes, to make sure the areas of the syandana around the shoulders don't block weapons fire.

very impressive for a newbie (so am i btw)

keep up the good work!

Thanks! I've made sure that it fits saryn's huge shoulders and it seems fine for everything else(*knocks on wood). I'll have to check on the shoulder fire view.

I appreciate the feedback!

3 hours ago, Vengeance_A said:

First one i hope blue parts are energy color. Looking nice tho, would buy.

Second one seems like it's missing some small detail, maybe something between black and red part? But also looks promising.

Thank you for the feedback!

I currently have the blue parts as a metallic color and the floating orbs as the energy color but I'll play around with it. Maybe have the energy pulse on top of the blue parts?

I agree the second one seems kinda flat/bland. I'll try making some kind of border or dividing thing.

24 minutes ago, Wontonbay said:

Thank you for the feedback!

I currently have the blue parts as a metallic color and the floating orbs as the energy color but I'll play around with it. Maybe have the energy pulse on top of the blue parts?

I agree the second one seems kinda flat/bland. I'll try making some kind of border or dividing thing.

Np, hope it helped a bit.

Thats also an option but personally I do like to see a lot of energy color on it. But when u mentioned it, maybe orbs and red part would look nice in energy color and blue parts in metalic.

I wouldnt mind some metalic details on it, maybe like to 'fall' down from top metalic part. Nothing huge tho, just a bit of detail and gonna be perfect.

I've decided to focus more on the first syandana. I've added some animation stuff and tried smoothing out everything. The last part would be learning to make all these darn maps and get it all to work the the tennogen tool. 

I made a little video so the concept is easier to see. https://i.imgur.com/pcRPq5V.gifv 

(How do I insert a video instead of a link?)

My main concerns are the smoothness of the frame and the overall design of the connecting piece to the warframe itself. Any technical or artistic critique would be a huge help.

2 hours ago, Lucex said:

I kinda like the second Syandana. I mean I'm a fan of bling bling and little details like the first one, but... Well...  I guess I'd buy the second if it ever would come out xD

I do really like the second one too. I'll probably submit both for the next round if I can get them to work in the tennogen tool in time.

I appreciate the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to make transparent objects in the tennogen tool?

I currently have a plane that is transparent minus the emissive texture I have put on it, but when I put that into the tool it just make the transparent parts the background color.