Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Ults Should Benefit From Blood Rush

(XBOX)TheMadCash

So I read somewhere that Blood Rush & Body count don’t count towards abilities that use melee mods. While I understand why. I think this should be adjusted. Have melee ults benefit from Blood Rush but not Body Count.

If it gets the 165% critical chance at 1.5x combo counter. Then that’s totally fine for for abilities that accept melee mods simply because the stacks wouldn’t last long. It will only last if your fighting maybe one or two enemies at a time. Of course the stronger the enemy is. Then stronger the dmg become. 

I only say this because a lot of players replaced True steel with Blood Rush and It kinda sucks melee frames are missing out on dmg simply because of True Steel isn’t equipped. 

Or just have melee frames just keep the 165% critical chance but it won’t increase with the combo multiplier. Or atleast a fraction of It.

And then we will see people complaining Exalted Blade, Hysteria, and Primal Fury scale too well. 

I personally have no issue with removing ALL mod restrictions on Exalted Weapons, but DE likes their "balance" that doesn't even exist. See: Riven Mods.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Most players would probably use Blood Rush on Valkyr since Hysteria has a base Crit chance of 50% but she can't keep the ability up for the Whole mission. Excalibur's Exalted blade crit chance is pretty low so blood Rush won't be as effective compare to status builds with that exalted weapon. Not sure about Wukong's Primal Fury though. So players would probably use Condition Overload still.

Edited by VPrime96

7 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Not sure about Wukong's Primal Fury though.

For Wukong, it doesn't really matter because of the Primal Rage Augment that increases crit chance by 10% every time he gets a kill up to 100% and only decays by 1% every time he doesn't kill.  The level of people screaming about unfair balance would go through the rough if that combo'd with Blood Rush.

If I recall right, doesn't Drifting Contact still affect the exalted weapons?

Edited by Olianu

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

So I read somewhere that Blood Rush & Body count don’t count towards abilities that use melee mods. While I understand why. I think this should be adjusted. Have melee ults benefit from Blood Rush but not Body Count.

If it gets the 165% critical chance at 1.5x combo counter. Then that’s totally fine for for abilities that accept melee mods simply because the stacks wouldn’t last long. It will only last if your fighting maybe one or two enemies at a time. Of course the stronger the enemy is. Then stronger the dmg become. 

I only say this because a lot of players replaced True steel with Blood Rush and It kinda sucks melee frames are missing out on dmg simply because of True Steel isn’t equipped. 

Or just have melee frames just keep the 165% critical chance but it won’t increase with the combo multiplier. Or atleast a fraction of It.

They use to, then it was changed.

1 minute ago, Olianu said:

For Wukong, it doesn't really matter because of the Primal Rage Augment that increases crit chance by 10% every time he gets a kill up to 100% and only decays by 1% every time he doesn't kill.  The level of people screaming about unfair balance would go through the rough if that combo'd with Blood Rush.

People is already Complaining about Maiming Strike when it comes to Normal Melee (Maiming Strike with Hysteria would be hilarious) so I wouldn't imagine players doing the same thing with Blood Rush and Primal Fury's Augment.

13 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Not sure about Wukong's Primal Fury though. So players would probably use Condition Overload still.

I'd use it. Naramon focus makes Body Count obsolete tbh, as does DC. You can use both and CO.

6 minutes ago, Olianu said:

For Wukong, it doesn't really matter because of the Primal Rage Augment that increases crit chance by 10% every time he gets a kill up to 100% and only decays by 1% every time he doesn't kill.

Only makes it 50%, same as Hysteria. It'd be no more powerful, and it would certainly matter.

Edited by DeMonkey

il y a 16 minutes, --Q--Voltage a dit :

And then we will see people complaining Exalted Blade, Hysteria, and Primal Fury scale too well. 

Fine, let me dramatize it too, since you insist. 

My dramatized guess would be that people complain that DE added Blood Rush to the mods that affects Exalted Melees but not something as usefull for both crit and Status builds (Weeping Wounds) as Combo counter mods. They'll insist that DE has to remove the restriction to those mods, and then Maiming Strike , then Exca's waves interaction with the combo counter and so on until Exalted melee is brokenly op. 

Then you'll get even more players complaining about Exca's clearing rooms in one sec by shooting their energy waves everywhere and Wukongs spamming Spin attacks with twice the powercreep of a Spin-2-win builded Atterax or Scoliac.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

Just now, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Then you'll get even more players complaining about Exca's clearing rooms in one sec by shooting their energy waves everywhere and Wukongs spamming Spin attacks with twice the powercreep of a Spin-2-win builded Atterax or Scoliac.

Excal can't really build the combo meter reliably at high level (where the mods would be used) since he'd have to be right in front of the enemy. Crit chance is also a mere 15% on him, so even if the mods worked I doubt you'd see him clearing rooms any faster than he currently does.

Wukong though, eh. Maiming strike is an entirely separate kettle of fish, and I think most can agree that the interaction between Blood Rush and Maiming Strike is fairly bollocks (at least, I hope so). Regardless, Wukong's staff is shorter than a polearm, so polearm/whip meta will remain in full effect because Rivens.

I'm not saying the change would be balanced, but I don't think it would be as bad as people make out.

What if Blood Rush only offered a fraction of its 165% crit chance then? I only use True Steel on my Tekko literally only for melee frames that utilizes melee mods. Simply because even on melee frames. I still use my melee weapons and I only use the tekko for melee frames also because of Fashion Frame

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

What if Blood Rush only offered a fraction of its 165% crit chance then? I only use True Steel on my Tekko literally only for melee frames that utilizes melee mods. Simply because even on melee frames. I still use my melee weapons and I only use the tekko for melee frames also because of Fashion Frame

Still in the realms of ''why is my energy costing signature melee weapon still not as effective as my hand built melee weapon''.

Honestly, melee is just broken in general. Unfortunately it might be best to see whether DE touch these mods with their rework before suggesting they're allowed, for all we know they might not exist in the future.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Maybe after they fix Blood Rush so it adds to Crit Chance instead of multiplying it.

That's what Maiming Strike already does. Multiplying would keep the crit chance lower than higher. So Blood Rush is fine.

12 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

That's what Maiming Strike already does. Multiplying would keep the crit chance lower than higher. So Blood Rush is fine.

I'm assuming they mean, ''multiplies the base crit chance''. Currently Blood Rush multiplies crit chance after everything else, including True Steel, Maiming Strike and Arcane Avenger (afaik).

Just now, DeMonkey said:

I'm assuming they mean, ''multiplies the base crit chance''. Currently Blood Rush multiplies crit chance after everything else, including True Steel, Maiming Strike and Arcane Avenger (afaik).

Yep, which is the issue.

Also, Maiming Strike doesn't work with Exalted Weapons.

I believe the secondary effect of Set Mods does though.

1 hour ago, Olianu said:

If I recall right, doesn't Drifting Contact still affect the exalted weapons?

Don’t be dense. If it goes to 100% it will scale off of 100. 100+ 165% is 265

8 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Don’t be dense. 

Irony.

The Primal Rage augment is essentially just a more powerful True Steel. It grants 100% more crit chance, turning the 25% it has at base into 50% crit chance. Blood Rush would then be calculated from that.

265% just does not come into it, anywhere.

Edited by DeMonkey

People already for some god forsaken reason want to depower players. As they feel we're just too strong & should be toned down.

(Always gotta suck the FUN out of a game.)

This would drive that section of the community into a rabid fury.

I see no harm in it. Lets cut loose & bathe in chaos!

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

15 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Irony.

The Primal Rage augment is essentially just a more powerful True Steel. It grants 100% more crit chance, turning the 25% it has at base into 50% crit chance. Blood Rush would then be calculated from that.

265% just does not come into it, anywhere.

Look it up. Use it. Jfc

26 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

100% x 165 % = 165%. It would be 265% if it was Additive.

Dude blood rush scales off of your max crit chance. 

If you’re using fragor prime (35%cc)

and have a riven that increases it 100% your crit chance is 70% blood rush at 1.5x will give you +247.5% crit chance. 70% scales off of that is 243.25 crit chance. 100% chance for orange and 43.5% for red. I implore you to pick up tekko because they have 30% base and a 5/5 disposition. they can achieve some of the highest cc numbers in game 

Edited by cookieknife

11 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Look it up. Use it. Jfc

''Use it''. Yes, I have totally never played Wukong before... Definitely just using this profile picture because it looks cool. Totally don't talk about him non-stop...

Yes, I use Primal Rage. It does not grant the ability 100% crit chance, it adds an additional 100% of your base crit chance.

Perhaps you should look it up rather than looking like a fool by mouthing off to others when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• The total bonus critical chance is 100% of Primal Fury's base critical chance (25%) therefore when 100% is displayed on screen this augment is providing its full 25% additional critical chance.

As such, there is no 100%+165%=265% anywhere. If Blood Rush worked with Primal Fury and you had Primal Rage you'd have 50*(1+165%) = 132.5% crit chance. Since that's irrelevant because it won't exist, a 1.5x multiplier will give you 50*(1+247.5%) = 174% crit chance.

And quite frankly this shouldn't even need to be explained mathematically, if you had actually used it as you so condescendingly told me to do, you'd realise very quickly that you are not getting guaranteed yellow crits with Primal Rage.

Edited by DeMonkey