Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE day/night cycle: why not let the players decide?

tprx

Why not let players decide if they want to enter PoE during the day or the night? Real life schedule being what it is, it would let players greater access to content they want to play. Even the community animators would benefit from it: they couldn't do content because they miscalculated the in-game time of day (that happened shortly after the daylight saving time change).

Even if it's too hard to change the present system, it's something to keep in mind for the next open space area (Venus?).

And how this will be synched with everyone in the game?

How to prevent everyone choosing night and hunting Teralysts all day?

Night happens every 40 min in the game. Really you can't find a single time during your free time that isn't day in the plains?

Venus will not have a day/night cycle. It will have a weather system.

4 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Night happens every 40 min in the game. Really you can't find a single time during your free time that isn't day in the plains?

1- every one entering the plains chooses the time of day.

2- and why not, if that's what they like to do within the game?

3- Why anyone should wait to play what they like?

4- nice to know :)

I guess you don't like the idea.

Edited by tprx

19 hours ago, tprx said:

There's 0 chance of DE allowing people to endlessly grind Eidolons. It just isn't happening unless you feel like DE should cap it, probably below what a good team can do in a single night as it is and beyond that getting 0 drops.

I made a topic a long time ago about giving players an instanced Trilodon fight so people could attempt them within their schedule instead of trying to line up everyone vs in game clock.

I was thinking it could be run indefinitely, but players couldn't get rewards on a 20-22 hour timer that reset to max if you ran the instance OR killed an Eidolon the normal way.

Didn't get much attention but I still think an idea similar to that would be awesome. The people I play with are all 30+ with families/jobs and it can get near impossible some nights to get everyone to commit to a 50min block of time nonstop like that.

19 hours ago, tprx said:

1- every one entering the plains chooses the time of day.

3- Why anyone should wait to play what they like?

4- nice to know :)

I guess you don't like the idea.

1: Ruins matchmaking. The only reason matchmaking works is because everyone is going into the same pool. If you allow people to choose you are dividing the pool up into 5-minute-or-less windows and anyone trying to join is too late, gotta pick your own time now. Likewise as said before now, you pretty much ruin Eidolon farming restriction, which trivializes any idea of focus or arcane grind, which also ruins arcane trade entirely. Congratulations, you have trivialized pretty much the only thing able to be considered endgame in Warframe.

2: Funny just how much the players DON'T have a choice on in this game. The amount surpasses the amount of things you actually can choose.

3: Do you not play Warframe any? Do you not see just how often you have to wait to do things in this game?

No. I also do not agree with the idea.

The day/night wait cycle is why i stopped bothering with poe.
I don't have the time to sit around and wait.
You get a night but can't find a group or get a horrible group of noobs and you wasted the whole night and have to wait again until next cycle.

Not everyone got premade group of friends and people they can rely on in the timezone/time they can play.

On 4/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, Ketec said:

The day/night wait cycle is why i stopped bothering with poe.
I don't have the time to sit around and wait.
You get a night but can't find a group or get a horrible group of noobs and you wasted the whole night and have to wait again until next cycle.

Not everyone got premade group of friends and people they can rely on in the timezone/time they can play.

The day/night cycle is what i enjoy the most about poe.

I don't have the time to sit around and wait so i just PLAY the game like its intended to be and not login in the game and farm eidolons for several hours like some ppl wish.

The day/night cycle was designed to please the mass and not the individuals.

Having the power to chose between the day/night cycle is absurd.

On 16.4.2018 at 5:34 AM, tprx said:

Why not let players decide if they want to enter PoE during the day or the night? Real life schedule being what it is, it would let players greater access to content they want to play. Even the community animators would benefit from it: they couldn't do content because they miscalculated the in-game time of day (that happened shortly after the daylight saving time change).

Even if it's too hard to change the present system, it's something to keep in mind for the next open space area (Venus?).

though i thought so myself once, sadly this one here...

On 16.4.2018 at 5:51 AM, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

... is absolutly correct.

the only way would be to remove the cycle completely and make only two instances: night or day. and guess what most people will do then...