The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A lot more augment mods deserve to be exilus compatible

SlicerGT

I mean, there are some interesting augment mods that can bring more diversity in our gameplay, however, vast majority of these mods are simply not worth to sacrifice your main slot for such minor improvement. To name a few: Titanic rumbler, Vexing retaliation, Afterburn, Piercing roar, Pool of life, Tesla link, Tectonic fracture, Ore gaze... and so on

So why cant they be exilus compatible ?

2 minutes ago, den2k said:

As far as I understood mods that increase mobility become Exilus compatible. Now I would defend that Iron Charge is a mod to a movement ability but maybe it's a bit too much :D :D

since ironclad charge gives you X% armor it can't qualify to be an exilus mod

3 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

since ironclad charge gives you X% armor it can't qualify to be an exilus mod

I know :D but who wouldn't push a little more powah to its own favourite frame? It would free a slot for Reinforcing Stomp. You know, just in case 50k additional HP were not enough.

To be honest, i dont know what "exilus" mean exactly.

I see that exilus slot being used for mobility mods only, but i dont understand reason behind this. Why it should be limited for mobility mods only ?

Edited by SlicerGT

2 minutes ago, SlicerGT said:

To be honest, i dont know what "exilus" mean exactly.

I see that exilus slot being used for mobility mods only, but i dont understand reason behind this. Why it should be limited for mobility mods only ?

Actually it's for "utility" mods: Master Thief, Intruder, Thief Wit, Enemy Detector and similar are Exilus. They don't add "power" or survivability, just additional functions and QoL. Then Rush and some other mobility mod got its way into Exilus and it's a good thing for slower frames.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb den2k:

Actually it's for "utility" mods: Master Thief, Intruder, Thief Wit, Enemy Detector and similar are Exilus. They don't add "power" or survivability, just additional functions and QoL. Then Rush and some other mobility mod got its way into Exilus and it's a good thing for slower frames.

And then we got Drift mods. Sure, Power Drift adds knockdown resistance, but what about Fortitude not being an Exilus mod then? The concept of Exilus mods got messed up "a bit".

2 minutes ago, Dar3kKay said:

And then we got Drift mods. Sure, Power Drift adds knockdown resistance, but what about Fortitude not being an Exilus mod then? The concept of Exilus mods got messed up "a bit".

I missed it was an Exilus. Time to Forma my Rhino Prime then - thanks, I completely missed that bit.

The Exilus Slot is just one big rabbit hole that sucks you in when it comes to thinking about what should or shouldn't go in it.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't go in there as an augment mod unless the mod in question solely affects movement with no capacity to increase player or frame effectiveness.

It's best to ignore the Drift mods since they are the deviation from the norm, but established to be something 'special' only rewarded from unique trials so it makes sense that they get special treatment.

While I do feel some mods should be exilus that aren't and some exilus mods shouldn't be exilus mods, I don't think any augments at all should be exilus mods as the bonus they bring is too great. Drift mods usually bring some bonus other than Power enhancing effects like speed or parkour enhancement, and the bonuses to Power are also usually quite small. Compare the 15% Power Strength or Range to the bonuses you get from Blind Rage or Overextended. Even though they do add Power stats, those mods are definitely "support" type mods and don't add a significant amount of any Power stat, so it's not very strange for them to be exilus mods. But if you were to make some augments exilus mods I would think you need to make every augment an exilus mod, and that simply cannot work.

12 hours ago, Dar3kKay said:

Fortitude adds 80% shield recharge. If you are going to mindlessly throw out the Drift mods as something terrible for a utility slot, at least don't be disingenuous.

Exilus mods don't affect survival stats.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Fortitude adds 80% shield recharge. If you are going to mindlessly throw out the Drift mods as something terrible for a utility slot, at least don't be disingenuous.

Exilus mods don't affect survival stats.

Coaction Drift w/ any defensive auras in play, Agility Drift gives evasion (effectively 6% chance for 100% DR), Aviator gives DR in the air, just to name a few.  Not to mention ones that add knockdown block/recovery...Is retribution a damage mod AND a survival mod? Oh but its numbers are horrifically bad. Oh wait, those don't say "health, armor, shield" so they're not survival stats.  Oh well, guess I was just mindlessly imagining all these mods that do mediocre amounts of benefit towards my survival.

Every thread about Exilus slots is the same. "B-but exiwus mods are for mobility only!" is met with the rather large host of non-mobility enhancing mods, or mods that offer mobility AND something else. "Duh, no exiwus mods add power!" is met with the obvious drift mods.  It continues down the line until someone gets huffy and leaves. 

I think the design for the Exilus slot is quite flexible, it's for mods that are so poor and sad that people just wouldn't really consider equipping them unless they had a slot dedicated to it.  And you know what, on the odd occasion I end up with an exilus mod in its slot AND another one in a normal slot anyways, because it had a stat I wanted.  It's a slot for old mods that people skipped out on, relatively newer mods designed to fit in there with utilitarian effects, and goodness knows what else DE has in mind for it.  No need to put words in their mouths and make arbitrary rules to dictate to everyone else.

Everyone that participates in these threads really should pop into the wiki and see exactly what mods do go in this slot.  I'm sure it would be enlightening.

When they first introduced Exilus slots, it worked out pretty well. Then Drift mods happened, and now they may as well rename it to Drift slot. In the vast majority of builds, a Drift mod will perform far better than any of the other Exilus mods. It would be interesting if Warframe augments could go in there though. Some augments are just downright pitiful (looking at you, Swing Line) and would be hard pressed to compete with a Drift mod even if they were Exilus mods, but at least they would have a chance of being used.

What are you guys talking about? It's not about mobility. Yeah, a lot have something to do with mobility, but I think it's more about the mod's value. How strong is it compared to other mods is probably what determines if it should be Exilus or not. With that being said, I agree that more Augment mods deserve to be Exilus. Some are basically useless, novelty, or just not super strong, but offer a small benefit. 

latest?cb=20171008162120

latest?cb=20171007153644

latest?cb=20171007154610

latest?cb=20171007151113

latest?cb=20171007155208

latest?cb=20171007150243

latest?cb=20171007152946

latest?cb=20180123234056

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Augments. Mobility changing Augments. If you are going to get all sanctimonious, at least don't be completely disingenuous.

You're attempting to correct me quoting a nonexistant amalgamation of other threads on this topic that was in no way something that you had said.  No such argument about "Mobility changing Augments" was made in any post here.  Who are you arguing with, and why is it a phantasm of myself presenting a generalization?

Edited by KochDerFrettchen

22 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

The Exilus Slot is just one big rabbit hole that sucks you in when it comes to thinking about what should or shouldn't go in it.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't go in there as an augment mod unless the mod in question solely affects movement with no capacity to increase player or frame effectiveness.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:28 AM, RobWasHere said:

Assimilate allow to move yet its not exilus. Also useless now, Valkyr's Swing Line

On 4/16/2018 at 2:29 AM, hellodownthere said:

people also said that Nyx's assimilate augment should be an exilus mod but as it also allows you to use your weapons and kill it can't be one

Yeah Valkyr's Swing Line not being an Exilus and Hysterical Assualt is where Augments as Exilus gets weird. (And [DE] Pablo has stated Swing Line will not be an Exilus mod)

Hysterical Assualt allows for damage and allows Valkyr to fully close the melee gap. (Where as Rip-line pulls a set distance towards terrain or Ragdolls an enemy out of melee reach...)

Swing Line was introduced before Rip-line relieved combo-mechanic change where it gets stronger and cheaper to subsequently cast.

Swing Line requires you to remain Airborne for the 4 free casts.

- Rip line landing on Terrain does not reset Air-Glide/Wall-Latch duration

- Rip line being used as an attack locks Valkyr in an animation that cause her to fall to the ground

Meaning you cannot use 4 Free casts of Rip line for attacking and thus the Augment would only be useful for mobility. But alas, Swing Line is not an Exilus mod...

I believe all Augments should at least be Exilus Mods or even better Augments should slot on the abilities tab: Some Augments add scaling to stats that do not effect the base ability (Duration on Ice-Wave Impedance, or Duration on Seeking Shuriken vs normal Shuriken). Treating these as actual ability augmentations, would mean they level when the ability Ranks up front Warframe level: Currently you could slot Hysterical Assualt on a lower than level 10 Valkyr which means you have slotted an ability-mod that cannot be used.

-With Augments treated as ability-augmentation would also let the stats and description change on the fly and let players know which stats affect a base vs augmented ability 

As for the Exilus: I really just want Vigilante Pursuit to be Exilus eligible.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

52 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

IMO every augment should be exilus compatible since some warframes loses half of their worth without certain augments.

Then you should have no problem trading an otherwise essential mod for such an increase in "worth".