Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 75% discount, what to buy?

(PSN)EV0LUTi0N403

So last night i got the 75% off discount but im not quite sure what to spend it on? i cant buy plat since im on PS4 but i already took advantage of the easter sale and bought some plat so im stocked there for now.

im a fairly new player, only been playing for a few months now, i got most of the star chart done & 2 quests left..the alad V one & the one where another cephalon contacts you but anyways I've been trying to figure out whats worth buying with the 75% off discount.

I've got most of the color packs i want already, im not really into the end game fashion frame aspect yet either...from what I've been reading maybe buying a warframe that's difficult to get such as Ivara or Gara? really what i want to know is what warframes are the most difficult to farm in the game & out of those hard to get frames, which one would i probably get the most use out of?

or if there's other suggestions but i cant think of anything else i really want/need that i cant farm relatively easily..

Those are very underwhelming actually, since you can only buy 1 item, and it can't be applied to bundles either...

If I were a new player and got a 75% discount, I'd probably buy either Harrow or Ivara.  Those two are probably the most annoying to farm up.  Maybe Octavia too, but I don't feel the grind is as horrible to farm her for free.  

Unless there's a weapon/warframe you REALLY like and want a skin for it, I'd get one of those 3 warframes with my 75% coupon.

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

If you haven't done the Octavia quest yet, you can buy her and then when you do the quest itself, you'll get a riven too.

Personally, I'd just farm Ivara or Gara, their missions aren't really that bad and you get a bunch of gear/rep along the way. Spy missions are always on sortie rotation too so getting good at those is a bonus for farming Ivara.

Edited by BladeRambler

I'll second (or third) the notion for getting Ivara. Makes spy missions a breeze which you'll need for sorties.

If you somehow already have Ivara and are looking for another item that is a pretty decent weapon and is also ridiculously hard to get I'd suggest Hema. Hema has just an insane clan research requirement and most clans don't have it. That is what I bought with my first 75% off.

ya it kind of sucks compared to what PC is allowed to use them on.

i've already got 2 parts for octavia so thats one reason i didnt want to go for her with the discount & with harrow i think i got 1 piece for him but ya im definatley leaning towards a frame instead of a skin ATM.

since im newer i didnt quite know what frames are the hardest to farm, i did read a few people complain about Gara & Ivara (i dont mind doing spy mission but i've heard people doing tons & not getting drops). Mesa was another frame i was thinking about as well, Trinity & Nidus i havnt looked into but are frames i still need.

for that weapon Hema, ya my clan doesnt have it researched as well, so maybe ill look at some gameplay and see if i'd enjoy using it as i have no idea how good it is.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)EV0LUTi0N403 said:

Since im newer i didnt quite know what frames are the hardest to farm, i did read a few people complain about Gara & Ivara 

Gara was rather easy. I dont know why people complain about getting her. I got her back when she first released and she barely dropped as a reward and even then she wasn't hard to get. Personally I'd say just farm her. If you grind out bounties you'll have her in a day. As for ivara its up to you if you want to buy her. She's not hard to farm she just takes a while. So there's no shame in buying it. 

I've also seen people recommending to get harrow and Octavia which I'd personally say don't do. They're pretty easy to get with only one or two difficult parts to get. But if you get a few good people from recruiting together to help you then they're a breeze. 

I personally wouldn't spend it on anything I could farm. So I'd spend it on a nice skin. 

But since that is not your cup of tea...

Ivara is relatively easy to farm. It may be annoying when RNG is not on your side but the missions are easy and quick...and farming her will teach you how to do the spy missions.

Mesa is hard because she requires keys for which the components only show up occasionally in invasions or from doing special defense missions with a rng chance for the component. This took the longest time wise...just to get enough keys. 

Harrow is a very good frame...but he is a pain to get and the mission for the last component drop is tedious. This one took me well over 100 missions.  (157 to be exact)

I can't comment on Octavia...I got her really quickly. 

It was extremely satisfying to have farmed them all and get them. So...there is that. But IF I had to choose knowing what I know now...I personally would buy Harrow. 

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76

I got all the frames without plats. So the only ones I recommend you to get with plat are the ones you can't get anymore. Exemple : if you sold your chroma or titania... x)

...ok, maybe Equinox. This one's a pain to farm.

Révélation

...also, the Hema Sucks.

Like, really bad.

Don't use plat for it. Hell, don't even use a potato on it.

Edited by CaptainMeowth

7 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I did not know consoles could get 75% off. Was this recently added?

I was under the impression this is why TennoGen was cash only on PC.

Yeah its 75% off stuff in the market.. so you can buy stuff at a discounted price WITH your plat.. you just cant get the discount ON plat

im fairly new so i dont know how new the 75% off is but from what i've read it seems to been around for a while, its just quite limited on what you can buy versus PC such as buying plat which would be my number 1 choice if i could..

but it looks like my options were...Gara, Mesa, Ivara, Equinox, Harrow, Octavia, Ash, Nidus, Trinity as being the harder frames to get

out of those i have 2 pieces already for Mesa, octavia and Ash so ill prob drop those ones, i already have 5 out 8 for equinox & i have one piece for harrow so i might still include him in my choices since i've seen quite a few people say he's good, im more of Melee ninja though so i dont know how well id like using some of his abilities which if i remember have to do with getting headshots.

in terms of a good melee warframe, what would you guys suggest? i have another day to decide before it expires so im going to watch some of the profiles again & maybe some gameplay videos of which warframe i think i would like the most, my go to latley has been Loki since i can just invis & run through mobs and melee them down lol same with mirage, i enjoy playing with oberon for defense/farming xp. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)EV0LUTi0N403 said:

im fairly new so i dont know how new the 75% off is but from what i've read it seems to been around for a while, its just quite limited on what you can buy versus PC such as buying plat which would be my number 1 choice if i could..

but it looks like my options were...Gara, Mesa, Ivara, Equinox, Harrow, Octavia, Ash, Nidus, Trinity as being the harder frames to get

out of those i have 2 pieces already for Mesa, octavia and Ash so ill prob drop those ones, i already have 5 out 8 for equinox & i have one piece for harrow so i might still include him in my choices since i've seen quite a few people say he's good, im more of Melee ninja though so i dont know how well id like using some of his abilities which if i remember have to do with getting headshots.

in terms of a good melee warframe, what would you guys suggest? i have another day to decide before it expires so im going to watch some of the profiles again & maybe some gameplay videos of which warframe i think i would like the most, my go to latley has been Loki since i can just invis & run through mobs and melee them down lol same with mirage, i enjoy playing with oberon for defense/farming xp. 

I wouldn't use the discount on this frame but a Saryn built for melee using her toxic lash and a regenerative molt is very strong.

Buy Ivara.  You don't really have to learn how to do spy missions with her syndicate Augment.  There's like one sortie spy room that can't be cheesed with Ivara.  The irony is that if you grind for her, you'll get really good at spy missions which defeats the main reason to use her.  

Console coupons are better for free to play players, PC coupons are better for players who are going to spend real money on the game.