Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven feast and famine

Hypernaut1

what do you feel like your personal riven drop rate is? for a few weeks (maybe even months) its been very low for me. Almost forum rant low, then all of sudden ive been getting 2-3 a week. It went from feeling like a 10% chance, to me at my max 90 capacity. RNG is a fickle mistress.

still crappy weapons though, i swear weapon unlocks aren't even. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

still crappy weapons though, i swear weapon unlocks aren't even. 

What do you have that you're willing to trade for non-plat resources? I'll offer Ayatan, fish or other types of mods in exchange for anything I like.

Edited by SenorClipClop

1 hour ago, (PS4)deadbeef001 said:

Been like this for me for close to a month now. Can't even sell the stuff..

Every melee riven I've received, I think 6 in a row (not consistently of course), were for zaws which I don't use.

I even transmuted them and other useless rivens I don't use. What did I get? Zaw riven. So much rng.

I have 18 Rivens. Roughly half come from non-Sortie sources, and I think I've done ~50 sorties (I unlocked them around February 1st, but don't do them every day -- I wish there was a stat tracker that actually told me, though, so I could be more precise). Nine rivens out of 50 sorties is a bit less than 20%. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

15 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

still crappy weapons though, i swear weapon unlocks aren't even

Personally when i see a riven for a weapon i don't like or isn't good, i see it as motivation for the mastery fodder and to mess around with whatever weapon. Like harpak! Fun harpooning people across the room with 200% damage spears.

I keep a log of every single time I run a sortie (or when I skip it because it's too time consuming, or some bullS#&$ like lephantis, hek, plains bugfests or the kuva fortress tileset). So far this year, I've got 106 possible sorties, skipping 34 of them to make a total of 72 actually run sorties. Out of that, I've acquired 22 rivens (8 melee, 8 pistol, 4 rifle, 2 shotgun; but I only opened the first 8 rivens before deciding that it's a better idea to stop and wait for a new weapon which I like to come out before unwrapping them) and 24 ayatans - so that's a 31% chance for a riven and a 33% chance for an ayatan.

2 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

If you're not too bored, selling veileds is the way to go (for me at least). The plat is pretty neat, especially for melees.

Seems that way. But last time I sold a veiled riven, I asked the guy to tell me what it was when he unlocked it...

It was a Zenistar Riven.

9 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Seems that way. But last time I sold a veiled riven, I asked the guy to tell me what it was when he unlocked it...

It was a Zenistar Riven.

"Every choice closes off an infinite number of possible futures"

if you yourself tried to unlock the riven it likely would've been for something else, pretty sure they aren't locked to a weapon on drop so the guy you sold it too just got lucky