Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo animation

MechDragon98

With this post, I'd like to suggest an execution animation for the scindo and similar weapons.

The scindo is a war axe, with the prime variant being an executioner's weapon for decapitation.

What if the scindo (prime?) had a proper execution animation? Something along the line of "pull back the weapon behind you, lift it and smash the blade down on the victim's neck"?

I mean, at least to me it sounds like a nice change for the weapon, since the actual animation is good bit it lacks that bit of "execution weapon".

What do you think?

33 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Scindo isn't an axe, it's a 'heavy blade'.

There is no 'axe'-animation set currently ingame.

I know it is, but giving it a peculiar animation would make more sense in my opinion. When I've said it is a war axe I was quoting the game, that's all. Having a different animation on the prime variant could be an idea.

Well, imo the animation would be possibly complex one, and since attack speed is not affecting the finisher animation's speed, it would be a long one as well. What i'm about to say is, that you would be locked in a very long animation, and on higher levels, you would rather be quick and elusive, not fancy.

There is no problem with your idea, but gameplay perspective, it would hinder your mobility a lot.

Also the current finishers are not too bad, the finisher from behind starts with a kick in the popliteus, then a huge hit on the head/neck. That is almost like an execution. : D

vor 21 Minuten schrieb MechDragon98:

I know it is, but giving it a peculiar animation would make more sense in my opinion. When I've said it is a war axe I was quoting the game, that's all. Having a different animation on the prime variant could be an idea.

An idea, yeah, sure, but from the technical side it's utter nonsense.

3 hours ago, Laveillon said:

Well, imo the animation would be possibly complex one, and since attack speed is not affecting the finisher animation's speed, it would be a long one as well. What i'm about to say is, that you would be locked in a very long animation, and on higher levels, you would rather be quick and elusive, not fancy.

There is no problem with your idea, but gameplay perspective, it would hinder your mobility a lot.

Also the current finishers are not too bad, the finisher from behind starts with a kick in the popliteus, then a huge hit on the head/neck. That is almost like an execution. : D

Considering the superhuman strength of a warframe, the animation could be quick as quick as the current one. I'm talking about the animation with the enemies on the ground by the way, the stealth one is cool already.

3 hours ago, Walkampf said:

An idea, yeah, sure, but from the technical side it's utter nonsense.

I... Would say thay for any animation then?

Mirage prime's 4th ability is visually different from mirage's, but it's in the game.

Isn't that utter nonsense as well then?

36 minutes ago, MechDragon98 said:

Considering the superhuman strength of a warframe, the animation could be quick as quick as the current one. I'm talking about the animation with the enemies on the ground by the way, the stealth one is cool already.

Well, then you forgot the mention which animation you were referring to. As for the superhuman strength, earlier we were able to perform finishers faster, now it got nerfed...

Thing is, grounds finishers no longer deal Finisher damage, so sometimes those will not be fatal attacks, and yes, puncturing your torso with a bigass twin bladed axe is just as deadly as choping ones head off, but the game doesn't work like that. dagger to the face, anybody?

12 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Well, then you forgot the mention which animation you were referring to. As for the superhuman strength, earlier we were able to perform finishers faster, now it got nerfed...

Thing is, grounds finishers no longer deal Finisher damage, so sometimes those will not be fatal attacks, and yes, puncturing your torso with a bigass twin bladed axe is just as deadly as choping ones head off, but the game doesn't work like that. dagger to the face, anybody?

Yeah forgot to mention it, sorry. 

Didn't know the thing about ground finishers.

Speaking of fatal things, any bullet in the head should be fatal-ish, I mean it's still a bullet against your head yet headshots aren't one-shots at high levels. This being said, in my opinion the animation would still be viable. And... Ground finishers not having the bonus damage? That was unexpected

I agree.  I love when weapons have Lore AND abilities or visual effects that support that lore.

For example, Fang prime....Lore says that these daggers can easily pierce armor because they have "high frequency" blades.  But they apparently do not have any bonus. Just normal puncture daggers. That is sad.

Same goes for Scindo prime.  If its a top "execution" weapon, then it should have special animation or at least FX, and greater Ground finisher damage.  I would even add radial knockdown to its ground finishers to make it look super powerful.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb MechDragon98:

I... Would say thay for any animation then?

Mirage prime's 4th ability is visually different from mirage's, but it's in the game.

Isn't that utter nonsense as well then?

There is a massive difference between adding some particle effects and adding an entire new system which which controlls the movment of a characters skeleton...