Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New UI, and our current simple/transparent look.

Ammisro

One thing I love about Warframe the most is how our UI seems to integrate well into the gameplay world, the menu is hologram projected from our hands. Or how most windows have a opacity which still allows us to see the background of the game while we are doing something. Personally I love the interaction of the arsenal, mod and foundry benches and how my camera interact with the windows, slight move around the foundry screens.

More importantly, they all seems very minimal, only text and transparent menu boxes. Clean cut.

Looking at the new UI, I love the arrangement change of modding sections and inventory sections being changed to vertical scrolling instead of horizontal which is difficult to use right now. However, the ornamental designs feels much more cluttered. the grainy textures in the background, and most of all, the removal of transparent boxes that I have always loved. Even though we can recolour it, I don't think these new ones would give the same feelings I had before.

Especially with 'warframe doing power-up' animations when we are modding to informs the new player how to mod, I feel like we could have a better way to informs this rather than putting Warframe in the background of mod screen which detracts the eye while putting mods into the slot.

It doesn't really have to be 'Diegetic' or hologram feel anymore if a lot of people here don't like screens nudging around as it is now, but there is a reason why Skyrim UI or Dark Souls 3 pleased me a lot. They acted just as a window that doesn't block our current action, and their relatively simple and clean designs.
UI update is inevitable, but I hope this consideration can be heard too.

Edited by Yhtmahyll

3 hours ago, Yhtmahyll said:

Skyrim UI or Dark Souls 3 pleased me a lot

From a different perspective, the Skyrim UI was awful for every input device and the DS UI was unintuitive and seemingly intentionally misleading in some cases.

19 hours ago, peterc3 said:

From a different perspective, the Skyrim UI was awful for every input device and the DS UI was unintuitive and seemingly intentionally misleading in some cases.

Just for the transparency and look where the background game is still being seen while we are doing stuff in the UI, I hate skyrim item selecting for what's it worth due to the layout. Which Warframe layout is currently bad too.

Keep the style, change the way it's arranged

Edited by Yhtmahyll

vor 16 Stunden schrieb peterc3:

What Skyrim's UI is incredible! It's such a pleasure to navigate with a controller. It's super foolproof.

Another great UI is Diablo 3's. Somehow I was able to intuitively navigate and accomplish complex tasks like comparing and equipping gear, even though I was seeing the UI for the first time, never had played a looter rpg, was in a party setting with three other friends, *and* drunk. I have no idea what they did to make it so intuitive, but that UI must have been focus tested to perfection. 

Also, I agree with OP. Keep it clean and diegetic!