Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Warframe is P2W?

(PSN)Eagleman443

It's a co-op game so there's nothing to win.

Even if we are talking about being able to clear missions fast, everything in game can be farmed.

And I really mean EVERYTHING.

Even plat-only items because platinum can be traded.

This is something you will never find in other games even if they call themselves F2P: Tradeable cash currency

You've also gotta remember that even though you can buy weapons and frames in the store, that doesn't make you stronger. You can't buy a good set of mods, can't buy a set that'll let you win if you put in on X frame. There are microtransacs, but no PTW mechanics, DE's been meticulous about that. You can only get better through gameplay.

I mean, I THINK there are mod packs on the store but they're totally random and I don't think prime mods are included there, so I don't know who in their right mind would sit and pull THAT lever a million times for junk.

Edited by (PS4)Maliades

You can complete the game, achieve complete mastery, and obtain every item within it (aside from exclusives) without ever paying any of your own money, so there are no pay walls that are just hard stops -- so I guess by definition "no." (although if you go beyond your free 50 plat and get platinum via a trade, then somebody paid for that). 

On the other hand, doing the above is a monumental drag and you'd have to throw away gear steadily as you master it. So it's definitely "Pay to Keep Your Cool Stuff." 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

At the most it's pay to skip grinding and pay to look pretty.

You can farm everything, that affects the gameplay. Weapons, frames, mods and the resources to build those frames/weapons.
The only thing you can't obtain is the color palettes, armors and weapon/warframe skins... just cosmetics, they don't make you stronger (just kidding, everyone know that if you are fabulous you become at least 120% stronger).

its the only game i have seen market it self as free to play and stays free to play constantly, and its market is the easiest way to get into game.
Literally u can do anything in game without using any form of real money. for god sakes they  even let u buy boosters for plat... most free to play games dont even let you do that. This is how free to play should be done

Thanks to DE, everday 50k+ people on steam and other platforms  enjoy one of the best games i have played

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

to be honest any game that uses microtransactions to sell non-cosmetic items (boosters, weapons, resources, etc) is always going to feel as pay to win regardless if you can obtain items 100% in- game.

pay to win is literally where if you don't pay you WILL 9/10 times lose