Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, stop wasting your time and resources with pets 2.0 and just give us the damn vacuum for pets!

Nitro747

There. I said it. The entire community is already done with the denial of something so simple and intrinsic to the game. This is a game where we need to gather millions of resources in order to build the simplest of things. Good luck doing Hemocyte, Fissures, Survival, playing Nekros or Atlas or simply farming any sort of resource without vacuum. DE wonder what's wrong with pets, why people only use the Smeeta Kavat for Kuva Siphon missions and maybe Adarza for Bosses only. Don't you guys even play your own game? Really, if I could slap the vacuum mod into a Kubrow I would even use them just because I don't need to worry walking and landing exactly on that 50 polymer bundle (out of hundreds of other stuff) on the floor anymore.

We're also sick tired or hearing "bu-but then sentinels will be useless" which is a blatant lie. Sentinel gives us crowd control and survivability, which is in itself amazing specially on squishy frames or higher levels. It is also statistically OBVIOUS that the sentinel usage will drop in general if the other pets get a bit more importance and something so basic since we would finally start using them on a regular basis after all!

It is also extremely outrageous and SAD at the same time knowing that the denial of vacuum for pets have no decent reason or explanation, and everything we got was from @[DE]ScottP when he said LIVE ON STREAM that we won't get vacuum for pets or "univac" (whatever you call it) because he simply does not want it! Nice explanation! :inlove: . Again, let me make this simple: a core aspect of the Warframe is collecting MILLIONS of resources. If you deny easy resource picking for players, you're not making it more "challenging" or anything of the sort, you are just making the game B-O-R-I-N-G. Also, that "univac" that was said on devstream to have "3m" radius is only actually 1m wide and it rarely picks up anything. So much so DE had to tell people months later that they added it because only a few players noticed it. They said that now "we can open a crate and pick the resource without needing to walk around to grab it". Well, guess what? We still need to do it if we are not using our loyal floaty companions.

Why am I almost ranting about this? It's simple. There is this pets 2.0 thing going on, with DE scratching their heads over why nobody gives a damn about Kubrows and 2 damns about Kavats while the answer is being demanded by the community for YEARS. All companions would need besides that is a minor AI tweak and thats just it! Meanwhile, DE loses time, effort and resources thinking about an extremely overcomplicated solution to a problem they themselves created it.

The current state of the game makes it all even worse. We haven't had any decent real new content since December. The only good "major" thing was the weapons rework but that's just it! "The Sacrifice" was announced to come by "around" December! Khora as well. Then DE completely scraps dmg 2.5 (it really isnt that hard to make 2 damage types less useless) and removes Khora's main feature of changing damage type. She became a VERY generic warframe instead. The last big deal for warframe was Plague Star. The rewards were awesome, but the operation was repetitive and making a smaller Lephantis ctrl+c ctrl+v as the main boss is just... Then we had the "new" eidolons which are basically the Teralyst with a different arm and bigger. And they shoot different lightning bolts this time. Bravo. At least if we pretend they aren't just a bigger Teralyst its possible to enjoy the fight. While we got the new sentients DE scraps the Trials, only never to be seen or heard again. Then we got Plague Star again but somehow worse than the first time and no new reward. No content whatsoever for months, DElayed content, and all of this because instead of coming with a simple solution that was given long ago by countless players, DE prefers "not wanting" us to have vacuum for pets just because "no". And now they are working like crazy to come up with an over-complicated solution to a problem that barely exists which ends up delaying all the other main content that matters.

Phew, that's it.

Another thing I'd like to point out about DE spending loads of time, effort and resources to come up with something that is nigh useless and just slightly cool: The Iron Wake. Only time you have to go there is during the Chains of Harrow Quest (which was an amazing quest). But that thing took time and effort to make, only to be used on a single quest with no replayability value. There is no point whatsoever going back to the Iron Wake besides staying in a cool looking Steel Meridian camp. It is just there, deserted. I'd much rather needing to meet Paladino in a Relay while having other, more important content, released on the proposed time, or more polished new content.

While the Iron Wake was created, we have braindead cheap, non interactive NPCs in the Relays. While Iron Wake was being made, Maroo's Bazaar is still a single room wide and wasn't turned into an auction house. While the Iron Wake was made, we got a very rough PoE release. While Iron Wake was finished, we did not got to simply make ONE mod available for cats and dogs.

Because pets don't need vaccuum. They don't listen to you, most of the time don't run close to you in combat, their range from you varies meaning so would vacuum, and their erratic behavior would still leave a lot of items missed. 

Pets don't need vacuum. They need a rework more than anything else. Your warframe however would be okay with an increase in its univac

Edited by LuckyCharm

I don't care about Vacuum. I don't use it on my Sentinels. The only real reason I use Sentinels almost exclusively is because I can pick from all of them at any given time without having to micromanage the incubator and wait half an hour or pay 10k credits.

1 minute ago, LuckyCharm said:

Because pets don't need vaccuum. They don't listen to you, most of the time don't run close to you in combat, their range from you varies meaning so would vacuum, and their erratic behavior would still leave a lot of items missed. 

Pets don't need vacuum. They need a rework more than anything else. Your warframe however would be okay with an increase in its univac

simple: make the vacuum work on the warframe instead, similar to sentinels' vacuum. There ya go. I rarely see my kavats behaving that poorly since the last updates. Updating their path finding and behavior is no matter of MAKING PETS 2.0 EVERYTHING NEW FOR PETS. Is just a matter of tweaking their AI.

This is the main reason really.
Can you imagine how useless it would be to have a ton of resources randomly following your Kubrow or Kavat until you can catch up with them to gather it yourself?
Or what about when your Kubrow/Kavat get stuck in a corner somewhere or under some stairs rending Vacuum worthless?
And then there is the fact that for the most part if vacuum was attached to your kubrow/kavat you would still have to walk over the resources yourself to gather them as you can't rely on your pet walking over all of the resources anyways!

Vacuum only really works on sentinels because they are floating behind you 24/7 and don't wander off on their own.  All vacuum does is pull the resources to your sentinel (not to the player) which is then gathered by the player because of our small auto-pickup radius.  This is a fact that can be proven if you can catch your sentinel on an overhang just right it'll vacuum up resources and then not give them to you if it is outside of this auto-pickup radius because the resources aren't going to the player, they are going to the sentinel.  It just so happens that the sentinel is pinned to the player...

Pets don't need vacuum. They need a rework more than anything else

Fully agree with this.
Pets don't need vacuum to be useful, they need a massive AI overhaul...

Edited by Tsukinoki

If the only use for pets is vacuum as you seem to suggest in your post, then clearly Pets 2.0 is actually necessary. The point of the overhaul effort DE is putting in for them is to give them more unique benefits than just the fact they can pick-up stuff for you. They need AI and ability reworks, badly. Not just a "minor tweak".

Vacuum is useful, but not a deciding factor in which pet I use. My main companion is my Huras Kubrow, who is worth more to me than most of my allies since he goes down less, deals tons of damage, gives me invisibility and never has his terrible music playing over the mic for the whole party to suffer through... -_-

29 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

almost ranting

It wasn't "almost'...it was a full-on rant. You wildly bounced from topic to topic about various issues as if to say they stemmed from DE realizing pets needed an overhaul....

lol

Again: just tweak pet path finding. Put vacuum on them. Or make the vacuum work on your Warframe. Pets already work just fine and provide a wide array of benefits different from sentinels

24 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

This is the main reason really.
Can you imagine how useless it would be to have a ton of resources randomly following your Kubrow or Kavat until you can catch up with them to gather it yourself?
Or what about when your Kubrow/Kavat get stuck in a corner somewhere or under some stairs rending Vacuum worthless?
And then there is the fact that for the most part if vacuum was attached to your kubrow/kavat you would still have to walk over the resources yourself to gather them as you can't rely on your pet walking over all of the resources anyways!

Vacuum only really works on sentinels because they are floating behind you 24/7 and don't wander off on their own.  All vacuum does is pull the resources to your sentinel (not to the player) which is then gathered by the player because of our small auto-pickup radius.  This is a fact that can be proven if you can catch your sentinel on an overhang just right it'll vacuum up resources and then not give them to you if it is outside of this auto-pickup radius because the resources aren't going to the player, they are going to the sentinel.  It just so happens that the sentinel is pinned to the player...

Fully agree with this.
Pets don't need vacuum to be useful, they need a massive AI overhaul...

Problem solved.

Edited by Nitro747

36 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Good luck doing Hemocyte, Fissures, Survival, playing Nekros or Atlas or simply farming any sort of resource without vacuum.

You say this like no one does it. I rarely use sentinels and almost always use my kavat, and I know I'm not the only one.

Not to mention this post kinda encourages Pets 2.0 if you think they are useless without vacuum.

I would rather have my Kubro/Kavats work as an extension of my Warframe, have them benefit from the 3m Vacuum Warframes currently have and allow pickups that they come in contact with be instantly given to us instead of having to wait for them to bring.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

Alright, DE! LISTEN UP! This is getting friggin' annoying, why can't we pet our pets with univac while they use their powers while also using mini-archwing?!

In my opinion, it may sound rough, the player's laziness shouldn't be an excuse and reason to pander to. Not everything should be simplified, dumbed down or served on a silver platter for so-called «experience» (which excuse I see from the newcomers more and more often) no matter how hard and crowdy people are going to cry, whine, rant, complain etc.

19 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

DE wonder what's wrong with pets, why people only use the Smeeta Kavat for Kuva Siphon missions and maybe Adarza for Bosses only. Don't you guys even play your own game? Really, if I could slap the vacuum mod into a Kubrow I would even use them just because I don't need to worry walking and landing exactly on that 50 polymer bundle (out of hundreds of other stuff) on the floor anymore.

Indeed! Who needs pets with XP & Crits buffs, Shields regen, Invisibility, Disarm, CC and loot abilities anyway? Also, guaranteed armour strip? What a joke, this is nothing compared to the holy grail of Vacuum :clem:

18 minutes ago, Thundervision said:

Alright, DE! LISTEN UP! This is getting friggin' annoying, why can't we pet our pets with univac while they use their powers while also using mini-archwing?!

In my opinion, it may sound rough, the player's laziness shouldn't be an excuse and reason to pander to. Not everything should be simplified, dumbed down or served on a silver platter for so-called «experience» (which excuse I see from the newcomers more and more often) no matter how hard and crowdy people are going to cry, whine, rant, complain etc.

Indeed! Who needs pets with XP & Crits buffs, Shields regen, Invisibility, Disarm, CC and loot abilities anyway? Also, guaranteed armour strip? What a joke, this is nothing compared to the holy grail of Vacuum :clem:

Good luck collecting up to 10 million in various resources in vacuum, picking up orbs that may or may not save your life, picking up reactants in unreachable places, etc etc while being a new player. If pets are so overpowered like you say, people should be using them way more often no? Well, only pet being actually used is the Smeeta Kavat simply because of the double resource boost for Kuva missions. Yeah, vacuum is way more important in this case, and the statistics are out there to prove. You just forgot that a core aspect of Warframe IS collecting resources. Without them, you can't even build weapons. If you have a clan, you can't even build the main hall. So, if you are being that hyperbolic, Vacuum is indeed the holy grail.

50 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

You know Sheldon's implied Companions and Sentinels will be usable at the same time after the rework, right?

Now this is what I think its too much. Having the sentinel regenerating my shields, health, making me invisible or providing CC while also having my pet doing a whole bunch of other stuff would be simply too OP.

Seriously, just put vacuum on pets and make it work just as it works with Sentinels. It's not that big of a deal.

2 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Good luck collecting up to 10 million in various resources in vacuum, picking up orbs that may or may not save your life, picking up reactants in unreachable places, etc etc while being a new player. If pets are so overpowered like you say, people should be using them way more often no? Well, only pet being actually used is the Smeeta Kavat simply because of the double resource boost for Kuva missions. Yeah, vacuum is way more important in this case, and the statistics are out there to prove. You just forgot that a core aspect of Warframe IS collecting resources. Without them, you can't even build weapons. If you have a clan, you can't even build the main hall. So, if you are being that hyperbolic, Vacuum is indeed the holy grail.

Not quite true.  I keep a Smeeta out 24/7 for anti-armor, free enemy detection, easy orange crits, ez reload, free shielding, enemy distraction, on top of the everything doubler.

2 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Not quite true.  I keep a Smeeta out 24/7 for anti-armor, free enemy detection, easy orange crits, ez reload, free shielding, enemy distraction, on top of the everything doubler.

Nice to you man, but lots of people (the majority of the community as the graphs shows) need farming resources and prefer vacuum over anything a pet can do. This is how important vacuum is. Even I after reaching MR25 came to the conclusion that its not worth it, mostly considering my clan is constantly building things.

Edited by Nitro747

1 hour ago, Nitro747 said:

simple: make the vacuum work on the warframe instead, similar to sentinels' vacuum. There ya go. I rarely see my kavats behaving that poorly since the last updates. Updating their path finding and behavior is no matter of MAKING PETS 2.0 EVERYTHING NEW FOR PETS. Is just a matter of tweaking their AI.

Exactly.

Here lately, I have played a TON of Destiny 2, due to its superior balancing and the fact that open world content is much, much better in that game. But I can tell you this: Running around all over the place to collect ammo drops...is ABSOLUTELY TEDIOUS. I get that, in D2, its supposed to expose you to fire and represent a risk. Which is why its never done until the fight is over. Ergo, it has failed in its one supposed intended task to begin with. And it certainly does not make the game more enjoyable. 

Warframes should have the vacuum. If they did, I could tolerate using my pet (except Corpus missions, where their pathfinding remains broken, which does need to be fixed STAT). In a game with movement systems like this, there is NO reason to keep arbitrarily slowing players down just to make missions take longer. Give Warframes vacuum, and you can remove your gratuitous, tedious overuse of cold barrels while you are at it.

vacuum won't fix the S#&$ty and outdated kubrow abilities, the ai, the lackluster abilities for some sentinels....etc, etc. 

you know what needs fixing? it's narrow minded thinking like the one you have that UV will be the answer to fix everything, and that you can't play the game without it. it's people like you that should be ignored in the topic of improving pets, because you offer nothing than saying that you can't play the game with a stupid mod 

if you wanna farm resources, use UV, that's the whole freaking point, but if you don't, use a pet that actually helps your gameplay. it's the simplest thing in the world. newbie? sentinel. vet? pet 

vets don't need resources, bps, energy/hp orbs, ammo...etc

and Scott's answer is quite convincing, he just said no, like a parent to an obvious oblivious child ;D

2 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

There. I said it. The entire community is already done with the denial of something so simple and intrinsic to the game.

Maybe it isn't as simple or intrinsic as you think it is? Maybe dial down the arrogance when trying to sell someone on your point of view, especially the devs for the game?

2 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Another thing I'd like to point out about DE spending loads of time, effort and resources to come up with something that is nigh useless and just slightly cool: The Iron Wake. Only time you have to go there is during the Chains of Harrow Quest (which was an amazing quest). But that thing took time and effort to make, only to be used on a single quest with no replayability value. There is no point whatsoever going back to the Iron Wake besides staying in a cool looking Steel Meridian camp. It is just there, deserted. I'd much rather needing to meet Paladino in a Relay while having other, more important content, released on the proposed time, or more polished new content.

While the Iron Wake was created, we have braindead cheap, non interactive NPCs in the Relays. While Iron Wake was being made, Maroo's Bazaar is still a single room wide and wasn't turned into an auction house. While the Iron Wake was made, we got a very rough PoE release. While Iron Wake was finished, we did not got to simply make ONE mod available for cats and dogs.

I wonder how DE hasn't gone bankrupt without your amazing commentary before now.

Iron Wake is something that will become more in the future. Each Syndicate with their own base, somewhere in the solar system.

Maybe an AH isn't right for this game and isn't the godsend that many people seem to think it would be, especially to anyone hoping to easily get things for Plat they don't need to buy.

How does Iron Wake create an impediment to PoE? How is Iron Wake a roadblock for a mod for pets?

27 minutes ago, Ferbsol said:

Rework dogs, deathcube and djinn, make vacuum a pasive for all warframes and fix swaping between pets i dont care about 1k credits but make it faster pls

Djinn is perfectly fine imo. Dethcube could get some upgrade here and there, and the main problem of dogs is how we have so many different types of dogs that do specific different kinds of actions. Imo DE could reduce it to just 2, maybe 3 breeds, but that would be kinda impossible since they are already there, players already own them, some spent plat on them, there is the whole DNA imprint thing, etc.

8 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Iron wake re-uses a tile we've already had for a long time. Other than the room with Paladino, the rest of it is reused assets. While you are gawking at reused assets, your opening post mentions "how hard is it to balance two damage types" as if balancing something that is integrated into the majority of the items of the game and that previous balance relied upon is trivial. 

A very common problem that I see in feedback is people have the wrong idea about what does and doesn't take a lot of effort.

That said, I think a gear item that you could make that creates a strong vacuum to suck all the loot in the room would be neat. It wouldn't be as handy in missions where you need to move around a lot but in defense, interception or even survival it could be super neat.