The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Univac Before new Pets

Almagnus1

I'm probably not alone in this sentiment, but when we get new pets I will not be using them, and instead sticking with my sentinels.

I don't care if they are on par with the Kavats - which are IMO better than the sentinels - I still won't use any of the pets.  I don't care if it's a walking chocolate dispenser, I still won't use it.

"Why?" you may ask.

Because the pets don't have Vacuum which makes them all completely unusable.

This one mod should be baseline functionality in our Warframes, and it's one of the most egregious design flaws in the game right now.  IMO, the entire loot system needs to goto autocollect (with the lone exception of health and energy) and still maintain the loot scroll.  Others want univac.  I've even suggested an MR based innate vacuum that would (ultimately) render vacuum pointless.  I don't care which way DE goes at this point, I just want this issue resolved.

Like Brozime, I do not enjoy being a space janitor.  I do not want to waste time in a mission picking up the loot only to get further behind because leaving the loot there just feels so wrong.  I play this game to for the gameplay - which doesn't include this loot system that's so 20th century.

I want to look forward to the new pets, and the rework to the pets - but I know that unless Vacuum is dealt with, I'll just be adding more petsickles to the freezer rather than playing with the new pets.  Why should the loot system cause that line of thinking in the first place?

I know I can't be alone in this.

6 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm probably not alone in this sentiment, but when we get new pets I will not be using them, and instead sticking with my sentinels.

I don't care if they are on par with the Kavats - which are IMO better than the sentinels - I still won't use any of the pets.  I don't care if it's a walking chocolate dispenser, I still won't use it.

"Why?" you may ask.

This one mod should be baseline functionality in our Warframes, and it's one of the most egregious design flaws in the game right now.  IMO, the entire loot system needs to goto autocollect (with the lone exception of health and energy) and still maintain the loot scroll.  Others want univac.  I've even suggested an MR based innate vacuum that would (ultimately) render vacuum pointless.  I don't care which way DE goes at this point, I just want this issue resolved.

Like Brozime, I do not enjoy being a space janitor.  I do not want to waste time in a mission picking up the loot only to get further behind because leaving the loot there just feels so wrong.  I play this game to for the gameplay - which doesn't include this loot system that's so 20th century.

I want to look forward to the new pets, and the rework to the pets - but I know that unless Vacuum is dealt with, I'll just be adding more petsickles to the freezer rather than playing with the new pets.  Why should the loot system cause that line of thinking in the first place?

I know I can't be alone in this.

Also they're kinda expensive to keep alive. My dog lives 15 years not one week!

9 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Maybie for you, tho. Using smeeta since kavat release, without any problems with farming or something. You're just lazy. #throwstonesatme

il y a 12 minutes, Almagnus1 a dit :

"Why?" you may ask.

Oh of course, having to grab the loot by yourself like the noob you once were is complete nonsense. 

No Vacuum? Completely useless. No matter how many usefull buffs companions can give, no matter how durable they can be, no matter how strong they can be, they'll always be useless because they won't let you grab loot from miles away with little to no effort. 

*sarcasm overdose, need coffee*

il y a 5 minutes, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo a dit :

Also they're kinda expensive to keep alive. My dog lives 15 years not one week!

Expensive? It cost 5k cred for 6 stabilizers instead of 75k like before. If you think that's expensive, think twice and compare that to buying an unranked Primed mod from another player. THAT is expensive.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

13 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Oh of course, having to grab the loot by yourself like the noob you once were is complete nonsense. 

And once I got vacuum I never looked back.  I'm now MR22.

I was ecstatic when DE let vacuum be used across all the sentinels because I didn't have to run just Carrier Prime anymore.

13 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

No Vacuum? Completely useless. No matter how many usefull buffs companions can give, no matter how durable they can be, no matter how strong they can be, they'll always be useless because they won't let you grab loot from miles away with little to no effort. 

*sarcasm overdose, need coffee*

Looting takes a fast paced game and turns it into a tedious janitorial effort.  I don't enjoy being a space janitor, thus, Vacuum isn't a luxury, it's a requirement.

And yeah, I have already stuck six (or seven?) forma onto both an Adraza and Smeeta kavat and I'm waiting for DE to give me a satisfactory resoltuion to the vacuum issue so I can use them.  Until then, they can just stay in the fridge because Vacuum just makes Warframe THAT much better.

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Why do I even bother looking at these threads anymore...

Exactly, it's always the same pointless "your opinion sucks" from both sides that DE won't even notice. Although i don't get what's against having univac on pets, you don't LOSE anything by letting other people have it

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I was ecstatic when DE let vacuum be used across all the sentinels because I didn't have to run just Carrier Prime anymore.

Looting takes a fast paced game and turns it into a tedious janitorial effort.  I don't enjoy being a space janitor, thus, Vacuum isn't a luxury, it's a requirement.

And yeah, I have already stuck six (or seven?) forma onto both an Adraza and Smeeta kavat and I'm waiting for DE to give me a satisfactory resoltuion to the vacuum issue so I can use them.  Until then, they can just stay in the fridge because Vacuum just makes Warframe THAT much better.

so as a MR22 do you still need resources? energy/hp orbs since arcanes and knowledge and experience in modding? ammo with experience shooting and modding? 

if you're a vet and still using a sentinel just for UV then you're still a newbie, since sentinels and UV are pro-newbies 

if you're not using them then it's your lose, change your crappy narrow minded thinking before you talk about changing pet which you know nothing about since you don't even use them 

also: 

#YetAnotherUVThread 

how about you all gather up and go *@##$ to yourselves about having no UV and let the people who actually use pets give feedback about improving them? 

il y a 8 minutes, Almagnus1 a dit :

I'm also MR 22, after 3 years of gameplay, and I never cared about Vacuum at all. Even it was still only for the Carrier, I would still prefer my Smeeta, Wyrm P and Taxon. 

Oh, and it's not a "requirement". Wanna know why?

Because some of us don't use it and can still perform just as good if not better than you in general. A "requirement" is a Secondary in a Secondary only Sortie. Vaccum isn't mandatory at all.

I don't want univacc simply because depending on what I am doing I am actually like to control my resource intake. It can easily be more efficient to not to have vacuum if you play the game with the tools to increase your loot gain in mind. Never mind the gameplay differences for orbs alone. Also picking up loot in games is nothing new. The game "Anthem" that is suppose to come out NEXT year has you kill things and go and pick up their loot. The larger problem in Warframe is probably that we can have large wide killing radius which makes loot disperse. Autocollect pick ups (where the game just gives you things on kills) only promotes more AFK people that aren't participating.

If you want a vacuum mod for your warframe, I am not going to contest you or DE. You can do what ever you want at the cost of a slot, it is after all what modding should be about anyway. They can add vacuum mods for companions too though their AI is different and probably no where as efficient in picking things up. So if you don't want to play with new pets because of that, fine, your loss and time to move on.

8 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I don't enjoy being a space janitor, thus, Vacuum isn't a luxury, it's a requirement.

Just to be clear, no "individual" cares what another "individual" enjoys or not. You not enjoying picking stuff up manually doesn't make it a requirement for anyone but yourself. And DE isn't going to change it just for you. If I can go through a mission without vacuum and collect more resources than you it certainly isn't a requirement; in fact it sounds more like its a detriment. Vacuum by definition is a luxury function because you can complete a mission without it at the same collection ratios.

It isn't about whether you "can't be alone in this" because there are generally two valid camps to every discussion. It is a question of what can be done to satisfy them both or who does DE eventually find themselves agreeing with more. Because in that same breathe I am not the only one that doesn't want vacuum everywhere. So where do we go from there?

Scott has literally said in a recent Devstream that he does not plan to make Universal Vacuum a thing. I am 90% sure that he is trying to end the Universal Vacuum debate because he knows that it will never happen. You have Vacuum among all of your sentinels now, enjoy that! If you do not want to think about picking up loot and mindlessly kill, then use a freakin' sentinel. If you want to use a Kavat or Kubrow, then accept the trade off and collect the loot yourself, because this is a LOOTER GAME, that is literally what you are supposed to do aside from kill countless Grineer/Corpus/Infested. 

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

I'm also MR 22, after 3 years of gameplay, and I never cared about Vacuum at all. Even it was still only for the Carrier, I would still prefer my Smeeta, Wyrm P and Taxon. 

Oh, and it's not a "requirement". Wanna know why?

Because some of us don't use it and can still perform just as good if not better than you in general. A "requirement" is a Secondary in a Secondary only Sortie. Vaccum isn't mandatory at all.

^ this man has my thinking down to a T granted i'm mr 18 and my list of things i don't care about are probably different mine is 1: rivens 2: sotrie (depends) 3: eidolons 4: univac

50 minutes ago, goomowiec said:

Maybie for you, tho. Using smeeta since kavat release, without any problems with farming or something. You're just lazy. #throwstonesatme

"I play with both my legs broken and disapprove of QoL so everyone who does not handicap themselves is lazy" - Basically what you mean. 

Here are some facts on why sentinels are better than pets and why universal vacuum will be a great quality of life:

- Pet AI is atrocious. Sentinels are always on your shoulder and can evade fire as fast as you can.

- Pets eHP depend on your Warframe and punishes you for choosing something like Banshee.

- Vacuum enables players to focus more on core gameplay.

Additionally:

2 minutes ago, Raspberry said:

I would add to your pet EHP problem: no matter what you do, they're still gonna lose it all and die.

• Not programmed to avoid nullifiers, so they lose crucial defensive Warframe buffs, including invisibility.
  • Not programmed to dodge Mutalist Osprey toxins, so they're poor choices for low-HP frames that can't give their pets much max health.
  • Not programmed to stay behind cover when you are, so they're poor choices at almost all high level missions (quite unfunny whenever I camp with Volt's electric shield and my Smeeta suddenly runs out alone and gets demolished, happened a lot today when I soloed the sortie eximus interception).

I can go on and on and on...

I use Smeeta a whole lot too, and I still think vacuum would improve QoL immensely for pets. 

unknown.png

Helminth Charger is completely useless and the future Moa pet will too if it does not have a utility like Smeeta/Vacuum.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

"I play with both my legs broken and disapprove of QoL so everyone who does not handicap themselves is lazy" - Basically what you mean. 

Here are some facts on why sentinels are better than pets and why universal vacuum will be a great quality of life:

- Pet AI is atrocious. Sentinels are always on your shoulder and can evade fire as fast as you can.

- Pets eHP depend on your Warframe and punishes you for choosing something like Banshee.

- Vacuum enables players to focus more on core gameplay.

I use Smeeta a whole lot too, and I still think vacuum would improve QoL immensely for pets. 

unknown.png

Helminth Charger is completely useless and the future Moa pet will too if it does not have a utility like Smeeta/Vacuum.

I would add to your pet EHP problem: no matter what you do, they're still gonna lose it all and die.

• Not programmed to avoid nullifiers, so they lose crucial defensive Warframe buffs, including invisibility.
  • Not programmed to dodge Mutalist Osprey toxins, so they're poor choices for low-HP frames that can't give their pets much max health.
  • Not programmed to stay behind cover when you are, so they're poor choices at almost all high level missions (quite unfunny whenever I camp with Volt's electric shield and my Smeeta suddenly runs out alone and gets demolished, happened a lot today when I soloed the sortie eximus interception).

I can go on and on and on...

I have just added a pebble in my Warframe bingo, as OP blows the problem a tad bit out of proportion. Still...

Univac is such a janitorial level of QoL that should be a thing. Making it standard across sentinels was a great step forward, but leaving pets out of the equation IMO was/is a mistake.

I'd be cool if the warframe's innate vaccuum was a bit larger, or scaled larger with MR, when no pets are present.

Warframe is a looting game, and while players can survive without univac, the lack of it definitely causes an impact on looting efficiency and effectiveness.

Adarza:

> Helps me deal 500K damage per hit with my Blood Rush Zaw;

> Heals me on every hit she deals to an enemy;

> Rarely dies, have 1 minute to revive her if she goes down;

> Useless because she doesn't have vacuum.

Sounds totally reasonable to me.

27 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

so as a MR22 do you still need resources? energy/hp orbs since arcanes and knowledge and experience in modding? ammo with experience shooting and modding? 

if you're a vet and still using a sentinel just for UV then you're still a newbie, since sentinels and UV are pro-newbies 

if you're not using them then it's your lose, change your crappy narrow minded thinking before you talk about changing pet which you know nothing about since you don't even use them 

also: 

#YetAnotherUVThread 

how about you all gather up and go *@##$ to yourselves about having no UV and let the people who actually use pets give feedback about improving them? 

Funny, you ignore the perfectly valid case of getting all of my primed mods to R10, and maxing out all of the other mods as well, which needs about 40k endo PER PRIMED MOD, in addition to whatever the non-primed mods need.

SMH, just because you see it as a noob thing, doesn't mean I find it completely useful, especially if someone has hit MR22 in about two years of gameplay - which is probably far shorter than many of the slackers here that haven't hit MR20.

It's not necessary. You're vastly exaggerating the importance of automatic AoE looting, like pretty much everyone else who's in  favor of this. The longer you play the less the demand becomes for this convenience, and since you already have a range of Sentinels to choose from and an(admittedly unreliable, but still dedicated) animal companion for looting, you have no solid reason to demand vacuum to be a universal feature without any drawbacks involved.

From a game economical standpoint, not giving players univac is beneficial because it reduces the amount of resource stockpile bloat across the player base, especially new and intermediate players.

tl;dr - Go see a doctor about your OCD

Let's see step by step why not having univacuum or vacuum on pets or whatever in Warframe is a proof of extreme poor design/laziness:

- One of Warframe's main cores of gameplay is high mobility, where you need to dodge and jump from place to place to keep yourself alive, save few cases.

- One of Warframe's main cores of gameplay is constantly gathering millions of various resources to build from the most basic gear to Dojos rooms/etc. Even if you are MR25, you  will eventually need to get all those resources, be it to build pads, events gear or upgrading and contributing to your clan's Dojo.

- One of Warframe's main cores of gameplay is being swarmed by dozens of mobs where, in high levels, can kill you with one shot.

Then why, WHY do we need to use A MOD and a specific companion type to successfully accomplish all 3 main cores of the game??? Reason: because one or two devs simply don't want it. That's why. Then the devs cry about why nobody cares about the pets they spent months making. The whole reason the entire community is almost begging for univac for pragmatic purposes and enhanced gameplay and QOL during years is because of stubbornness and that's it. It's just that simple.

BUT HEY, GUESS WHAT WE GET? YES! ANOTHER GHOUL EVENT! THAT'LL KEEP THE COMMUNITY SATISFIED! :clem:

PS: incomming player that "lives totally fine without vacuum, you guys are being too dramatic blablabla". For you, my friend, I tell: congrats! Nobody cares, you are part of 1% of players who don't care about looting in a game where looting is one of its main cores.

Edited by Nitro747

My thoughts on this:

There should be enough innate vacuum in warframes to prevent players having to walk over every single object to pick it up. This appears to already be the case.

I see no problem with a 'univac' mod, as it can be useful for quickly collecting loot between defense waves, etc.., but I think it would pose several technical issues with companions, which can move further away from the player. Maybe there could instead be a warframe mod. Using such on a warframe occupies a valuable mod slot, which I think would adequately counterbalance its benefit.

Sentinels are less durable, hover close to their owner, and perform utility functions along with shooting at nearby enemies. It makes sense that these would be a source of extended vacuum.

Companions are a lot more durable, can wander far from the player, and have unique abilities that are more like augments or skills than utility functions. Vacuum doesn't make sense here because they aren't always near the player.

The Chesa kubrow in particular brings items back to it's owner, which while not quite like vacuum, could have a similar effect and be quite useful if the precept allowed the kubrow to prioritize what it retrieved. The fact that this behavior is the Chesa's main unique perk would make a companion-based vacuum mod detrimental to the usefulness of the pet, and if that was the route DE chose, they would have to rework the Chesa just as they did Carrier. But what could you replace 'fetch' with?

Personally, I use both sentinels and companions about equally based on what it is I'm trying to accomplish. My favorite companion is a smeeta kavat, which I take on most missions, while I take Carrier Prime or Helios Prime when I'm leveling a warframe or need to defend a fixed point while others are running around.

~Tz

7 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

It's not necessary. You're vastly exaggerating the importance of automatic AoE looting, like pretty much everyone else who's in  favor of this. The longer you play the less the demand becomes for this convenience, and since you already have a range of Sentinels to choose from and an(admittedly unreliable, but still dedicated) animal companion for looting, you have no solid reason to demand vacuum to be a universal feature without any drawbacks involved.

It's still loot, and it still must be picked up.

Maybe the bigger problem here isn't that the loot drops, it's that we don't have a way to drain the vast loot swamps we keep making.

From a game economical standpoint, not giving players univac is beneficial because it reduces the amount of resource stockpile bloat across the player base, especially new and intermediate players.

Yeah no.  We need something else to do with our loot other than stare at it.  For example, being able to exchange resources at Maroos for credits (or endo) would be ideal.

tl;dr - Go see a doctor about your OCD

We could do without comments like these.  Please keep it civil.

look, at this point i dont rly care, but i also dont see why its needed. out of all the reasons people give to support the idea of a "univac", only one is a legit reason. that being that sometimes loot falls outside of where you can reach it, which, ironically, is one of the least given reasons. all the others are personal level issues and have no real reason to be addressed.