Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A most Peculiar workshop.

[DE]Rebecca

7 minutes ago, CapAllan said:

Honestly, while this does seem like a great thing, I don't think I'll stop and smell the roses all the time. One of my biggest concerns is, will they take up a regular mod slot? If yes, giving it its own mod slot might be better. 

2 minutes ago, Transformau5 said:

I have a feeling that the interest in those would be better if they had a dedicated slot like exilus mods, arcanes and auras.

5 minutes ago, MaxiTB said:

Will there be an dedicated perculiar slot ?

Otherwise I see little incentive to use one of those mods, to be honest.

No one listens to the streams eh?
They are combined with an existing mod
So it's a basically a Point Strike (i think thats the mod) with that peculiar mod.
Mogamu says it as well

As was sayed: Add option in gameplay to turn off this thing from other players.
About flower one, i think so long flower stem isn't looks nice, and it seems it should look like lotus? Mb made only flower W/O Stem then? so it will look a bit more cute, like u know, flower in hair :3

Honestly people will probably be receptive to silly mods if they:

a) Can be toggled off via options menu for people who want to preserve their serious warframe experience, and

b) include a mod that makes Nekros's Terrify cause panicked enemies to make the 'Captured VIP' sound. aaaaaaaaaaaa

3 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Need a peculiar slot 

Just now, CptSpaceHerpes said:

no reason to not have these and without sacrificing real mods ..people who get both have more fun ...dont make people sacrifice damage for fun ...give us both,it is a game not real life

Looks like I'm gonna have to multiquote alot of people here
Read my previous post plox

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

. We don't want to commit a full offering of Peculiar Mods to an avenue that people invest countless Endo, Credits, and Time into only to potentially change the idea entirely shortly after.

Unlike of the Void Tower system, Dark Sectors and Raids?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Need a peculiar slot 

I agree, if there aren't slots for these mods, no way I'm touching them... Who would even sacrifice valuable mod slots that increase stats of a frame/weapon for this? I even feel like I need more slots for the real mods...

4 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

So it's a basically a Point Strike (i think thats the mod) with that peculiar mod.
Mogamu says it as well

Mogamu asks, and or suggests they be combined with an existing mod. At present peculiars are stand alone mods, meant to sacrifice our current mod build set ups. DESteeve even suggested the mod capacity would be Riven like ridiculous.

These should just be in the cosmetic auxiliary slot that unlocks for pumpkin head and bunny ears, not take up a mod slot. Definitely do not put it in the exilus mod slot or these will be forgotten.  We have an ocean of mods that go unused because there is no space for them. This is a fun idea but people won't sacrifice their builds for a funny cosmetic effect. A lot of other games implement this sort of thing into a weapon skin effect. Maybe implement a cosmetic auxiliary slot for weapons, with that made you can even use that for events players can use some bizarre or time limited weapon with that auxiliary skin.

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Mogamu asks, and or suggests they be combined with an existing mod. At present peculiars are stand alone mods, meant to sacrifice our current mod build set ups. DESteeve even suggested the mod capacity would be Riven like ridiculous.

He did?
:thinking:
Thought he said it adds to a mod as a fact

I gotta say its an interesting idea but I definitely won't actually run anything with these mods on.

I kill thousands of enemies a day. I'm not going to stop and watch flowers grow on a few hundred when I have to keep mowing down legions of their friends.

I'll collect them for the sake of collecting but they'll just be another set of mods I dont use like the parkour mods.

Mods like that follow the same line of tought as emblems, sigils, syandanas and a few other things, this means it can be tied with specific participations, like tactical alerts, event and other missions.

Emblems, excalibur prime, the tactical alert number, sigils are always a meaning that the player was "there", that player did X event, that player is a founder, that player bought X and so on.

I don't mind the mods being added, what you must decide is that if something that doesn't affect the gameplay is going to remain untradable, if it is, the mods gain the same caractheristic as event emblems, you see the player using and you know what it means, if it's tradable it does lose some of it's uniqueness.

So you have to decide, if you make it tradable, you make the economy flow with players potentially buying platinum and spending on the mod that other players have, if you make it untradable then players will likely play the event and other mechanics in the game to obtain the mod, it will be tied as if it's an objective.

However , if that's the case, please do not release mods like these on things that players do not like all that much, like archwing (which i like actually), pvp and lunaro.

16 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

Mogamu says it as well

Oh, they said that? Woops...

35 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

TL;DR: We're going to launch with only one Peculiar Mod in Sanctuary Onslaught because we might change the execution of idea entirely, trying to stay true to the concept.

Thank you for all the lively debate so far on the topic - Lotus wants her flower power!

Just make them equipment per loadout similar to the current Arcanes.
Even Simaris widgets can be equipped without wasting slots to upgrade your scanning.
So I don't see why these have to be mods. Making things tied to being mods constantly is tiresome.
These peculiars are truly interesting and have potential, but having to waste a slot for them is very annoying.
Then, like everyone is already mentioning, let people who don't want to see them have a toggle in the options to turn off their effects from others.

Giving the options to make the mods appear only to the user could be fine, it would severely limit the options regarding the possible types of mod. What if, instead of SILLY, we have more AESTHETIC mods? Blooming flowers on death can look pretty rad, especially on a Saryn or oberon, just give it less of a silly spin, and voila.
Also, and this is more important, why not give these aesthetic mods a separate slot, just like exilus mods have one, give one to these peculiar mods, that way more people would be inclined to use it (seeing as it would not compromise their build)

Archived