Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A most Peculiar workshop.

[DE]Rebecca

17 hours ago, Himenoinu said:

Give a firearm a good chance to highly increased fire rate and damage with an equal chance of setting the wielder ablaze for 5 seconds (with the condition reapplying itself until the wielder swaps the weapon)

You just really love Ember, don't you?

Or should I say Borderlands.

19 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

You just really love Ember, don't you?

Or should I say Borderlands.

Not really 😄 It was after I finished the post and re-read it that I realized that could be a mod some Embers would actually find useful. As for Borderlands, I didn't get too far past meeting Claptrap in the first game.

On 2018-05-06 at 8:15 AM, Kainosh said:

Make peculiar mods for fashionframe instead.    Who cares about how enemies look when they die.

Mods that add aura effects or damage decals to your frame (like bullet holes and exposed wiring) are better IMO.

MOD THAT ENABLES FLOWING RGB ENERGY COLOR WOULD BE TOP.    Only visual of course....If you are Chroma, abilities will still use base energy color.

Idk man, that kinda looks like TF2 with their unusual hats and whatnot. But I think that as long as isnt something super bright and intensive, it'd be fine. Fashionframe already have enough of glowing giant stuff everywhere.

Hey DE, I want a mod that makes my Kavat appear and disappear like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.  Not in a silly way, but more in line with the 'man in the wall' and haunted / spooky.  This sort of lends itself to the next idea below...

Give these mods a more encompassing purpose in the game - perhaps to consolidate some of the loose ends with the idea of choices and morality in the games story line.  You might capture more interest in these mods if the resultant peculiarity interacted in a meaningful way with some of morality and alignment choices players make with their operator during the story line.  I was so excited to see how being evil might affect my game experience during the story line only to be disappointed after.  Maybe somewhere in the vein of these flavor mods those alignment choices could be made to feel more meaningful and interesting and would impact the specific flavor of the 'peculiarity'.  This concept is expandable into a variety of areas players might be more enthusiastic and receptive to than the current direction - including fashion frame.

Full disclosure, I only created this idea in order to mask my true intentions of someday being able to pay money for access to a 'Curves' and 'Muscles' slider sub-section under the appearance tab. 

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think we could get peculiar mods that give your warframe a special visual effects? 

few ideas include: auras that silhouette your frame, overriding weapon sounds with special themes that change how melee and guns sound,  or peculiar mods that completely change the look of your frame!

22 minutes ago, Nompii said:

Do you think we could get peculiar mods that give your warframe a special visual effects? 

few ideas include: auras that silhouette your frame, overriding weapon sounds with special themes that change how melee and guns sound,  or peculiar mods that completely change the look of your frame!

We can only hope, I was wishing they'd make Peticulars into a slot for channeling effects cause I'd love to burst into an aura of flowers and such.

Given I posted this somewhere else, can we have an Ultra Violence peculiar mod that adds more blood spraying everywhere?

More blood, more gibs, or more parts and oil from robots. It would be nice to feel like Prototype or God of War (as in the older ones)

7 hours ago, Mach25 said:

Corpse flower (see what I did there?). Man shown for scale.

Reveal hidden contents

Corpse_flower_Berry_4906.jpg

Technically Rafflesia would be more appropriate.  Amorphophallus Titanum (The Titan Arum you are showing) is technically an inflorescence comprised of many smaller flowers. But I digress.

32 minutes ago, KlutzMeister said:

How about a peculiar mod that adds a hat to target on head shot (stackable)?

Reveal hidden contents

Hat-Stack.jpg

Thanks to high RoF weapons, It would be limited to 5 hats. 5 hats that are beautiful enough to affect CPU performance, if it ever came out.

21 hours ago, Synpai said:

I was wishing they'd make Peticulars into a slot for channeling effects cause I'd love to burst into an aura of flowers and such.

There'll most likely not be channeling peculiar, due to the fact channeling (and melee in general) will be getting a large rework in the future.

52 minutes ago, Owlski said:

There'll most likely not be channeling peculiar, due to the fact channeling (and melee in general) will be getting a large rework in the future.

22 hours ago, Synpai said:

was wishing

Past progressive tense. Regardless, I hope they keep the appearance of channeling 🙂

6 hours ago, Synpai said:

Past progressive tense. Regardless, I hope they keep the appearance of channeling 🙂

Ah, my apologies. Missed that while reading it. 
And who knows, here's to hoping 🙂

• 1 month later...

I love the idea of peculiars but not their implementation.

I figured the point was to give us a reason to free up a slot and add some fun, with a little showing off of how awesome we are at the same time, right?

Problem is, the effects don't stick around so it's kind of unsatisfying, and largely unnoticeable in the chaos of battle.

What if you make the peculiars impact our warframes?

Fashion frame is the endgame, and given all the pink rhinos out there I think some players would love to have flowers, heads, and hats that get extra fabulous if we do fabulous things.

Archived