Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A most Peculiar workshop.

[DE]Rebecca

I'm reading that a lot of people seem concerned over the fact that having these mods will hinder their drop tables, but if I recall, doesn't these mods only plan to drop from the new gamemodes reward tables? If so, I don't see it as too big of an issue, as (while it may not be something everyone wants), you don't have to go worrying about farming for (say relics) on another planet, and having to worry about encountering these mods.

If these Peculiar mods are as hard to get as DE made them out to be, then I don't see it really as too big of an issue in this regard. 
(I think of the rarer mods/drops in Cetus)

1 minute ago, Owlski said:

I'm reading that a lot of people seem concerned over the fact that having these mods will hinder their drop tables, but if I recall, doesn't these mods only plan to drop from the new gamemodes reward tables? If so, I don't see it as too big of an issue, as (while it may not be something everyone wants), you don't have to go worrying about farming for (say relics) on another planet, and having to worry about encountering these mods.

If these Peculiar mods are as hard to get as DE made them out to be, then I don't see it really as too big of an issue in this regard. 
(I think of the rarer mods/drops in Cetus)

As rare as rivens are common

Am i the only one whom sees these mods as another reason to give those people whom raging about leechers in game? I mean what would you think when you see someone with 1% damage done 0 kills using these mods just for the lolz? Because considering how useful these mods are the only thing that can come out of them is just another reason for people to rage over... might as well put back friendly fire radiation in so we can put some salt all over it.

For me, I was hoping Peculiars would provide some actual weapon stat changes, but still be absurd. Something like a Daikyu mod with -75% firerate, but +750% credits dropped on a critical headshot kill or something. Cosmetics are great and I like the idea, but I feel like most players won't use them because in the end, hardly anyone wants to sacrifice power for cosmetics.

In my experience, there is a lack of Mag and Hydroid players, despite Mag's Deluxe skin/Hydroid Prime appearances looking especially nice. These Warframes aren't very much worse off from other warframes, but I believe a lot of people don't invest in those frames because their power is less apparent than someone like Banshee or Nekros, despite Mag/Hydroid looking cool. This leads me to believe that Peculiar Mods that bring only interesting cosmetics will suffer similarly.

I can see where this is going.
You could build your weapons for max damage output when going on lower level missions or you could sacrifice one of the mods for some giggles and to show that even when "wasting" a mod slot, you can still do fine.

Getting top DPS with one of these is grounds for bragging rights.

I say there snouldn't be an option to opt out of seing people using these. If the intent is to allow what I stated above, then giving everyone an opt out would kinda defeats the purpose.

What would be nice to have is 2 extra mod loadouts on our gear as it would allow for builds dedicated for each faction AND a mess around build.

1 hour ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Getting top DPS with one of these is grounds for bragging rights.

I say there snouldn't be an option to opt out of seing people using these. If the intent is to allow what I stated above, then giving everyone an opt out would kinda defeats the purpose.

I'd agree with you if the only counter argument is people not wanting their immersion to be broken, but I think with a good handful of these tenno making this request, has more to do with their optimization/graphics issue. While we don't know how intensive the peculiar mods will be, it's still something to consider for all the tenno who have potatoes, toasters, or <inserttermhere>.

Just stop with this idiocy/sillines/Xv@#§/wathever ... already you are unde fire about Tennogen Skins for excluding some that were widely popular in the pools due to not respecting warframe "theme", and then you put this thing that should be relegated to team fortres or other similar sillynes in the game? Double standard much?

If the estetics are those shown peculiar mods have no place in Warframe, even borderlands 1 and 2 gag weapons were still very functional and very lethal weapons, with no cartoony estetics and done with good irony.

What you are proposing is on the same low level of teabagging... a bot in Pve, makes no freaking sens, locks out of place ingame and in general doesn't fit the mood of the game.

Tl:dr no, please no, just drop the idea of peculiar mods in a deep hole and pour cement over it.

And if you must have a florar weapon, use saryn sphores or something the like

Asking why anyone would use these when they're not practical and require sacrificing damage, is like asking why would anyone use anything other than the strongest available weapons. We use weaker weapons because they're fun, or to make a point. Ask anyone who's forma'd up their lato or a mk1-weapon, it's not supposed to be practical, it's about making a point and doing something new. If you can't imagine ever using anything other than the very best builds on the very best weapons with the most powerful frames, then you'll probably never understand these mods. But those of us who've played for thousands of hours and HAVE spent time with weaker weapons just for fun will probably enjoy them, or at least some of them.

I get complaining about how wacky they are, since flowers don't really fit WF's theme very well, and I DO think we should have the option to turn off the effects if we want. But complaining because they "aren't practical" is just silly. That's literally the point.

8 hours ago, Emperrier said:

Please don't give these stats.

Please don't make them filterable in settings.

Make them 24 drain with Unairu polarity for all I care.

This idea is cool and I hate to see all these suggestions by people completely missing the point and asking DE to totally neuter it.

Don't give them stats

Don't give them drain

Don't give them a slot

Make them filterable in settings

The idea clashes directly with the style of the game (which DE's said they want to preserve multiple times) and in general the effects don't seem interesting enough to warrant their existance. They're just gonna drain peoples CPUs with extra effects.

If they fit an arcane style slot then fine. But I'm not going to use something that actively interferes with the games mechanics because "DE thought it'd be funny"

1 hour ago, (XB1)old plow mule said:

hello, I have a question about the syndicates.  every time I level up a frame one of the syndicates sends a death squad out per run. my question is what can I do to stop them?    

only way to stop the haters is to make them like you enough to stop sending hater squads. This means you have to reach rank 0 again in the syndicate, which is uh, not worth it.

All I see here is complaints about them being useless, non-toggleable, or non-cosmetic....but here I am thinking to myself "I finally have a reason to play public I haven't had in years" as well as "I can finally make my obnoxiously over-formad Mk1-Braton even more obnoxious as it slays my sortie/endurance enemies and litters their corpses with flowers"

Some things people say about "only vets could compensate" is more of a scapegoat to find a reason to dislike them imo. There is such a thing as being too powerful in Warframe, one-hitting a level 700 that you spent a good 2.5 hours to reach just makes it not worthwhile to optimize a build with all of "The Best of the Best" mods.These mods will have their place in the community, after all there's less than 100 unique players commenting on this thread, who are we to speak for the other 39,000,000 registered users.

It's a heck of a lot more sensible to allow them to remain in the game for those who do use them than it is to modify/edit and, as some say "take away more resources from other aspects of the game"; it's very much true that it would cost more resources to add UI elements, programming, scripting, and implementation, than it is to implement something introduced from a template that is "mods" and give it a preset-scripted effect (i.e. these mods are basically require next to 0-effort to develop and script, and could very easily be made in a day by a single programmer with the available prefabricated asset).

There also seems to be an assumption that the entire dev team stopped working on their respective tasks and focused on this, lest we forget there are several large and small teams dedicated to their own things, as well as some floaters.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:29 PM, angetrox said:

I do not appreciate for sacrificing the serious look of our battles

I am sorry my friend, Warframe hasn't had a "serious" look in many, many years. The only semblance left of Warframe's origins are left in quests; this is a fact you'll just have to accept. Perhaps this will change with the Tau Update, considering the landscapes will be of Sentient Construction, but we will see.

Thought I'd chime in my opinion as well.

I kind of understand where you guys are aiming with those mods but, personally, I'd rather not have wacky things on enemies breaking my immersion during regular gameplay. An example of what I'd consider "too much" are the looney tunes stars you mentioned on the devstream. If things like that actually come into the game I'd really wish for 2 thing:

1) Have an option to disable them so I won't see any of them;

or

2) Make them only useable in Captura.

I would love to use these mods if they were cool effects, like infested growth protruding from enemies instead of flowers, little corpus drones flying around the enemy... something on theme with warframe lore and aestetic. But not "Hanna & Barbera".

10 hours ago, Gandergear said:

The idea clashes directly with the style of the game (which DE's said they want to preserve multiple times)

You said it doesn't fit the game's style but I think what you meant to say was you personally don't like how it looks. Because I'm pretty sure I can go to an Earth remaster tile and find a plant that looks just like the Peculiar we've been shown.

On 17.04.2018 at 9:41 PM, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

No one listens to the streams eh?
They are combined with an existing mod
So it's a basically a Point Strike (i think thats the mod) with that peculiar mod.
Mogamu says it as well

In the same very same they said that the mods have no purpose and their usage would mean sacrificing performance just for fluff.

Im not going to sacrifice damage for flowers but its cool.

WAIT

OK so aparently these are modifyers that go on other mods.

THIS IS TF2 HATS ALL OVER AGAIN.

and I still dont care. its a money grab. could be kinda cool depending, but that is what it is. your giveing a rarity to things on top of there rarity so people will buy and sell for more. its a good business tatic but its dumb.

Archived