Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will this game ever show love to hardcore players?

Zyzzzzzzz

I mean in terms of creating content that is ACTUALLY difficult which requires min/maxing and 3 equally competent teammates.

I've been playing for a good 6 months and I can already solo
-Sorties
-Plague Star
-Star Chart
-Every Spy mission
-Hours in endless Mot Survival
Etc.

ALL without the use of Corrosive Projection.

Please, all I ask is to be courteous with your response and if all you have are negative comments go elsewhere. I'm not in no way throwing noobs under the bus.

You do realize you've got your own challenge slider too, right?   

Lots of us can do all of the things you mention.  But we can also do things like

As above: But with only one weapon.

As above: But with a freshly formaed frame.

As above: But let's get all headshots.

Doing things in new ways is part of the fun of this game, no reason not to up the challenge too IMHO

That being said: TOTALLY into faster enemy level ramping and/or being able to start with higher level foes that are a bit harder to control.

Edited by FreeWilliam

Harcore gamer... what does that stand for?

Back in my time that used to stand for skills on the battlefield.

Nowadays it seens to stand for builds people copy one another, facetanking, press 4towin, spintowin... cheesing on exploits, etc. Make yourself a favor, never use that therm, ever again.

Edited by Duduminador

6 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

You can always jump and do the raids. Oh, wait...

Not like those had much difficulty in them at all. "Use X frame and Y power, and only Y power", "step on that pad", "don't kill the enemies'. Those are a lot of constrains and it can be called 'holding back' more than anything.

I truly hope they do include something that we won't topple in 0,3 seconds with our weapons, other than the as-of-now very repetitive 3 stooges. Otherwise, I don't feel like I can get into Warframe as well as I did years ago.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

3 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Not like those had much difficulty in them at all. "Use X frame and Y power, and only Y power", "step on that pad", "don't kill the enemies'. Those are a lot of constrains and it can be called 'holding back' more than anything.

I truly hope they do include something that we won't topple in 0,3 seconds with our weapons, other than the as-of-now very repetitive 3 stooges. Otherwise, I don't feel like I can get into Warframe as well as I did years ago.

I disagree. Imagine a constraint that rids you of your use of arcanes, or perhaps omits your melee weapon. Now it is NECESSARY to change your ways in order to adapt to the mission.

22 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

was hoping for an operation with this new onslaught mode, that would help with the lack of something competitive to work for.

But they apparently don't care about operations with leaderboards anymore

We can only hope.

21 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

The problem are the warframes themselves. Some of the abilities are just so op that its almost impossible to create real challenges.

I agree. It's a pretty unique problem that i have only seen in warframe. Brb zaws doing billions damage, brb slide to win, brb brb brb.

18 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

You do realize you've got your own challenge slider too, right?   

Lots of us can do all of the things you mention.  But we can also do things like

As above: But with only one weapon.

As above: But with a freshly formaed frame.

As above: But let's get all headshots.

Doing things in new ways is part of the fun of this game, no reason not to up the challenge too IMHO

That being said: TOTALLY into faster enemy level ramping and/or being able to start with higher level foes that are a bit harder to control.

I can also limit myself to play with one hand and one foot, perhaps taking a drink out of the toilet everytime I have to turn to little boy, invisi and revive someone? Screw it maybe I play minesweeper with a 3 second countdown every move?

You are completely missing the point. But I do understand where youre coming from.

16 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I hope not. The last time they catered for hardcore players we got forced coop with trails.

15 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

Hardcore?  If you want hardcore, do Conclave against other humans, not AI.  Ever since the beginning gamers eventually get to the point that AI stops being a challenge.

I'm posting in the 'Missions and Levels' subthread. Again if you can't follow directions please leave.

13 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

Harcore gamer... what does that stand for?

Back in my time that used to stand for skills on the battlefield.

Nowadays it seens to stand for builds people copy one another, facetanking, press 4towin, spintowin... cheesing on exploits, etc. Make yourself a favor, never use that therm, ever again.

I raided during TBC and WOTLK in Wow and got multiple server first; I think I understand and have earned to use that word.
But I do agree with your last statements.

9 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

You can always jump and do the raids. Oh, wait...

too soon jr

5 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

You had me until

Fortunately I am blessed with a clan comprised of IRL fans that I trust, skill wise. Not with my girl tho they're savages.

5 minutes ago, SteamlordD said:

Raids were easy and buggy anyway.

It was a 'follow directions' test.

What could be more hardcore than the endless grind Warframe provides? 

I'm only half joking. Hardcore is getting to that point, and then just keeping on going doing those things. Warframe isn't supposed to be difficult, it's supposed to be a grind. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

What could be more hardcore than the endless grind Warframe provides? 

I'm only half joking. Hardcore is getting to that point, and then just keeping on going doing those things. Warframe isn't supposed to be difficult, it's supposed to be a grind. 

Tell me one game where the grind doesn't lead to a more difficult tier? Like one or two, out of thousands? and out of those two how many are successful? None.

Why do I have all these frames, these OP rivens (self rolled, never purchased) etc?

I have a feeling if the developers took the route they wanted on THEIR game, we wouldn't be in this situation.

It did lead to a more difficult tier. You're just there now, and it's not difficult enough for your. The question becomes, are you done, or are you going to keep going? 

I mean, realistically, you've beaten Warframe. So if you stick around to grind more, that's pretty hardcore right there. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

14 minutes ago, Zyzzzzzzz said:

You are completely missing the point. But I do understand where youre coming from.

I kind of did, you're right.  But I figured it might take us somewhere cool. 

I DO agree that it'd be nice to have some extra challenging content that we could get to quickly, but am kind of wondering how they'd do that.  I actually prefer the enemy scaling that a lot complain about (even if the armor scaling is a bit much) to the invulnerability gating mechanics of Eidolons, 

That in mind, I'm thinking we might have some limits in how DE can offer up challenge to us externally that might be better satisfied by forcing US to make some tougher decisions.

Do you think perhaps modes that limit us not in the weapons can use but the BUILDS we can use would cover for that?  Travelling deeper into the void causing mod slots to deactivate or forcing builds with limited mod points that sort of thing?

I desperately want a game mode that promotes cooperative play for a fun challenge. Just look at payday 2, if everyone brings ammo bags, what's going to happen when someone needs healing?

I've never played a match (except for the design council torture sessions) that i thought i had an actual risk of losing while running it since i was MR5.

Let's be real, you can't have real hardcore content when you have warframes with powers so devastating as we have now.

Simple example, we have Trinity that can give 75% damage reduction to all the team permanently. The content can either be balanced by taking into account that your team will have a Trinity or not. In the first case all teams without a Trinity will just never succeed, in the second you just bring a trinity and the content is trivialized, in regards of incoming damage.

Exaclty same thing goes for Chroma in regards of outgoing damage.
As it does for Frost/Rhino in regards of crowd control and so on.

The only real way i see something to possibly be a challenge is Warframe is by making it a puzzle, that's basically what raids were, and we all know how it went.

Edited by Dobroazur

Anyone can do what you do. Not a big deal really. All it takes is a functioning brain and common sense. Warframe is supposed to be fun, not challenging. Now if you find fun in challenges, then Warframe isn't likely the game for you. The game promotes patience and creativity. Quite simple, really.

55 minutes ago, DeeRoz said:

Anyone can do what you do. Not a big deal really. All it takes is a functioning brain and common sense. Warframe is supposed to be fun, not challenging. Now if you find fun in challenges, then Warframe isn't likely the game for you. The game promotes patience and creativity. Quite simple, really.

Patience? Tell that to those that get out after 15 mins because "no reason to stay longer" or when the first one gets downed. 

Casual doesn't even begin to describe the game right now. Hardcore casual or maybe the paradise of casuals all around the globe would be more accurate.

3 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Patience? Tell that to those that get out after 15 mins because "no reason to stay longer" or when the first one gets downed. 

Casual doesn't even begin to describe the game right now. Hardcore casual or maybe the paradise of casuals all around the globe would be more accurate.

Very fair point, I can't even disagree or deny that. But I did say the "game" promotes patience and creativity. Sadly, it just goes through most people's head. Though that is another good factor for Warframe because it's a friendly game for people who are occupied most of the day and might suddenly have the need take a leave or hit the road. But yea, game promotes patience and creativity, players disregard and discourage it.

7 hours ago, Zyzzzzzzz said:

I'm posting in the 'Missions and Levels' subthread. Again if you can't follow directions please leave.

Are you being defensive?  Did I say something to trigger you?  The rest of your responses to other people showed similar upset... >_>

2 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

Are you being defensive?  Did I say something to trigger you?  The rest of your responses to other people showed similar upset... >_>

He might've just came at you the wrong way. What I think he wants to point out is that he wants more challenge regarding AI, because the experience is like day and night when it comes to PvP and PvE. He's looking for PvE content.