Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will this game ever show love to hardcore players?

Zyzzzzzzz

15 minutes ago, DeeRoz said:

He might've just came at you the wrong way. What I think he wants to point out is that he wants more challenge regarding AI, because the experience is like day and night when it comes to PvP and PvE. He's looking for PvE content.

I guess so.

9 hours ago, Ketec said:

With all the layers of grind - this game is only hardcore these days.
Casual players are unable to commit this much time to keep up already.

This is what I was trying to say! When you say "I farmed for Condition Overload for 10 solid hours" or "I've built 60 copies of every arcane from PoE," that's when people say "whoa, hardcore." 

If you want "hardcore" activities .... I think you have started playing the wrong game. Warframe is about the power fantasy of wielding something that can slice through 20 enemies in one swing while doing ninja kicks and slides on the rooftop of a skyscraper that's on fire...

Would be nice to see some endgame activities in the game. Trials were fun but we'll likely never see those again haha. Its a little surprising that with such a great and complex weapon upgrade system that pushes farming and upgrading and a community that puts a "meta" on a lot of activities that the game really doesn't have any endgame. The game really needs something if its going to keep veterans around and happy.

On 17.4.2018 at 9:36 PM, FreeWilliam said:

You do realize you've got your own challenge slider too, right?   

Lots of us can do all of the things you mention.  But we can also do things like

As above: But with only one weapon.

As above: But with a freshly formaed frame.

As above: But let's get all headshots.

Doing things in new ways is part of the fun of this game, no reason not to up the challenge too IMHO

That being said: TOTALLY into faster enemy level ramping and/or being able to start with higher level foes that are a bit harder to control.

sure we can do all that to impede ourself and make the game more challanging this way, but that's not the way it should be. any game that imply a long "gameplay-time" like warframe should offer contend that only those who really are veteran in skill, teamplay (if it's not a singleplayer game) and equipment are able to do - and f-sake, prevent at least the brunt of overconfident semi-newbies to get into a random match - like this was the case in the plaguestar event, where one could "improve" on the difficult level and where far too often i saw mastery levels below 5 taking part in this (and subsequently dying all the time, makeing the whole thing (often) more time consuming for the rest).

point is, handycapping myself AND then also have to deal the annoying process of getting a team of likeminded people via the abysmal recruting chat together is NOT the way i find appropriate in any game, and especially something grown up and complex as warframe. therefore we, sure as hell serves only lukewarm beer, need real hardcore contend AND with it, rewards that are fitting to such.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:32 PM, ---RV---Maniac said:

was hoping for an operation with this new onslaught mode, that would help with the lack of something competitive to work for.

But they apparently don't care about operations with leaderboards anymore

just don't lock rewards behind leaderboards because that's #*!%ing bullS#&$ and everyone knows it