Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Animo Nav Beacons and fighting Ambulas is an exercise in futility

richardtrle

Today I spent the day farming the Warframes which I don't own, so far I completed Frost, Ember, Loki... I went to farm Trinity so I'm gonna tell you my experience fighting Ambulas.

From my sorties experiences I freaking love fighting Ambulas, when I first started the mission I thought "oh hey, I have 43 Animo Nav Beacons, that is going to be nice", but then I got a bittersweet taste on my mouth when I remembered how bad it was to actually farm Excalibur. And then it turned sour, fighting Ambulas is an exercise in futility, its current Animo Nav Beacon requirement is hilarious, and to farm Animo Nav Beacon is to put something on your head "Hey dude, you gonna waste a LOOOOOT of time doing nothing useful."

Farm Animo Nav Beacons is painful and boring, we need a Corpus tileset mission with level 30 and pray to god that a ship deploys Ambula, I spent hours on Outer Terminus to get only 95 Nav Beacons and realise that I would be able to fight Ambulas four times. Thus creating a problem, people tend to avoid going Ambulas. I tried to recruit people using the recruit and clan channel almost every one turned me down because the boss is unpopular. It is trapped within a system that turns it into a no go.

While people complain a lot about Kela de Thaym, from my experience fighting Kela de Thaym, she is better than Ambulas, she is at least sustainable and judgment points are obtained through other ways, Ambulas on the other hand. And the rant doesn't end here. Fight Ambulas himself once you farm the beacons is boring and frustrating where in other missions you spend nearly 5min, fighting Ambulas can turn into a nightmare, in a full room squad you must delivery 6 hacked Ambulas, which at minimum is a 15min match. It is a long boss with lots of requirements which turn it dull.

I'm making this post because I know that DE has been willing to make changes in the past that have made large effort / investment null. Including even recent index changes, changes to relic system dropped exclusively from PoE, pet system, among others. The cost to play the mission is still unreasonable, people having gone to great effort does not change that. And thus this create a stagnant content problem. I made a similar reddit post and people are already complaining about it I'll put the link in here

Spoiler

DE please do something about it

• Like 1

This is exactly why I don't have Trinity and have no plans of obtaining it in the foreseeable future.

Edit: Seriously, animo beacons are beyond ridiculous, even compared to other arbitrary bossfight item requirements. Even bloody Kela de Thaim and Lephantis are easier to get to. For the former, you only need 2 or 3 Rathuum runs as point reward is guaranteed and abundant. And for the latter, Leph nav coords drop left and right during regular derelict missions. I don't expect loot-locking bosses to disappear any time soon but at the very bloody least the amount of animo beacons required to fight Ambulas should be seriously reduced.

Edited by Siilk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2018-04-18 at 7:07 AM, richardtrle said:

I spent hours on Outer Terminus to get only 95 Nav Beacons

Only advice I can give you here, a faster way to farm beacons is to do the Rescue mission on Regna. The tile set you spawn in always spawns a dropship within 10-20 seconds after you load in. If there is no ambulas under it, abort and retry.  If there is, kill/hack it and rush the mission to completion. This should take you ~2 min if you're good at mission rushing.

Waiting for the 5 minutes intervals in Defense takes too long with no ambulas guarantee each time and no means for a quick reset.

As for finding people to play with, yeah you won't succeed there easily (or at all). You're better off learning any tricks to solo it. For example Mag magnetize the ambulas while spamming her Pull to keep the grunts off your back. Or if you have Naramon unlocked, Disarming Blast permanently disarms an Ambulas from all its attacks, making it a zero threat unit.

I'm glad I farmed everything already from that boss before its redesign because that battle does indeed take too long, even if a player makes it easy. The dropship pickup sequence is so slow. 😞

• Like 1