Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone have the original Nova concepts from the Design council?

OswaldCobbleThot

Let us preface this with this little gem from a support email asking me to try asking the forums for help.

"They are regularly monitored for new ideas, complaints, bugs and general feedback about the game, so rest assured your voice will be best heard there."

Now after our quick laugh is over let's move on.

I'm trying to hunt down the 3 original Nova concepts from when Nova was being sent through the Design Council. I can't find an archived thread on it (because of Design Council.) Does anyone have the three images? Hopefully, DE can chime in I would hope someone there has them archived somewhere.

Also if the forums aren't dead please have a look at my Fan Concept. Upvote it, Like it, Critique it. Someone on Reddit called it "dodgeball the warframe"  Its here

Edited by SilverShy

7 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

There is an archive of all previous design council threads that can be accessed via a sub-forum in the design council forum.

You should be able to find them there.

Oh... You're right I need to use the orbs in my face next time. You can delete this thread if you want. 

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this was my Design Council submission for Nova back in 2013: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/44621-design-council-warframe-phase-1-sandbox/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-474490

I remember it being mentioned on a few Devstreams, and I don't recall if it actually won, but the similarities are there.

Images if you can't see the link:

6eHfVX7.png

7DtHpZ2.png

Looking at the polls now, yeah it pretty much won. Thank you again for everyone that voted!

Edited by WhiteCr0w
Added images.

1 hour ago, WhiteCr0w said:

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but this was my Design Council submission for Nova back in 2013: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/44621-design-council-warframe-phase-1-sandbox/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-474490

I remember it being mentioned on a few Devstreams, and I don't recall if it actually won, but the similarities are there.

Images if you can't see the link:

Looking at the polls now, yeah it pretty much won. Thank you again for everyone that voted!

Well if it isn't one of the people that made one of my top 3 favorite frames a reality. Thank you for your design! I just vaguely remember them asking the council which design they liked better and showing two or three concepts. then a bunch of people got angry over it looking like a cartoon character. My memory might be playing tricks on me though.

I like your ability to design frames though. Would you be willing to take a look at my design and critique the heck out of it?

18 hours ago, SilverShy said:

Well if it isn't one of the people that made one of my top 3 favorite frames a reality. Thank you for your design! I just vaguely remember them asking the council which design they liked better and showing two or three concepts. then a bunch of people got angry over it looking like a cartoon character. My memory might be playing tricks on me though.

I like your ability to design frames though. Would you be willing to take a look at my design and critique the heck out of it?

Absolutely! And not a problem at all. I'll check out the thread and post some feedback.

I hope in the future DE have another go with player designed Frames; there's still quite a few amazing ideas out there I'd love to see in the game.

On 18/04/2018 at 8:51 AM, SilverShy said:

I'm trying to hunt down the 3 original Nova concepts from when Nova was being sent through the Design Council. I can't find an archived thread on it (because of Design Council.) Does anyone have the three images? Hopefully, DE can chime in I would hope someone there has them archived somewhere.

When you say "images" you're not looking for visuals are you? because nothing visual was concepted in the DC regarding nova, it was strictly 

• Pick a theme: "Antimatter" won,
  • Vote on each power,
  • Vote on a name

There was nothing visual about it.

18 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

When you say "images" you're not looking for visuals are you? because nothing visual was concepted in the DC regarding nova, it was strictly 

• Pick a theme: "Antimatter" won,
  • Vote on each power,
  • Vote on a name

There was nothing visual about it.

Going back through all the threads I think my memory was flawed. The flood complaints I remember about nova existed but I thought they were on a thread detailing different visual concepts. instead 50% of them were complaints that she was a she :P