Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Kill Leaderboard and Leaderboard Notifications

aidan890

Hey @[DE]Aidan, if I'm understanding this right the issue is mainly sending the notifications right? I take it's different than Alerts and other stuff which are mass messages? These ones are personal and are unique requests per player?

On top of this I wanted to ask what's going to happen with the Sanctuary Onslaught competitive mode, will that one keep leaderboards?

Just now, Prinny13 said:

Well, in this game the only "test yourself" is to see how long you can stay awake after you turn the AI off or render it useless so I kinda don't feel sorry for those who cared about Leaderboards :/

As for the second part, Onslaught will get something since there will be 2 modes, casual and hardcore (still working on the name I guess).

We had raid times that could clearly test the player, but those were gutted. The only reason it has become "how long you can stay awake" is because it was made so.

Again, if Onslaught does not encourage players to push themselves, then it will be abandoned like Incident Archive. Past precedence shows that DE doesn't like rewarding the players who push their limits.

1 minute ago, --Q--Phanini said:

Another competitive side of warframe cut from the game.

Because competition in a co-op game makes so much sense, right?

Raids were not even remotely competitive anyway because they required co-operation and coordination to succeed, so your argument is flawed.

With regard to Raids, there's no point in keeping a gameplay mode around if it's broken most of the time and only a rather small subset of the player-base takes advantage of it. They'll be back when they're properly fixed.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

To give some brief insight into the decision to remove Kill Leaderboards, we simply feel that this is no longer the best way to judge a player’s skill or level of accomplishment in Warframe. Warframe is a cooperative game with a number of important roles that need to be filled to find success in high level play.

This. Thanks for the heads up and underscoring part of what Warframe is and should be about. I'm also definitely in favor of keeping the servers stable and secure and as a consequence allowing us to play. If that entails removing / downscaling / reworking a niche system of questionable value to most people, then I say do it.

Kills per mission ratio and kills per hour ratio is often a better skill indicator when combined with other factor such as completed missions % or quit %.

Kills alone were nice and could potentially indicate a good player, but often it would just be a fluke, the player would hibernate the following week

30 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Warframe is a cooperative game with a number of important roles that need to be filled to find success in high level play.

I play about seven frames total in solo high level play. Please advise.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

On top of this I wanted to ask what's going to happen with the Sanctuary Onslaught competitive mode, will that one keep leaderboards?

Yep! The only Leaderboard we are removing specifically is the Weekly Kill Leaderboard, and yes, the notification system, for now. The other boards will remain intact, including the Sanctuary Onslaught Challenge leaderboard.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

We had raid times that could clearly test the player, but those were gutted. The only reason it has become "how long you can stay awake" is because it was made so.

More like "lets do this and that to ourselves but blame others for it".

DE never encouraged such behaviour.   

il y a 8 minutes, Prinny13 a dit :

Well, in this game the only "test yourself" is to see how long you can stay awake after you turn the AI off or render it useless so I kinda don't feel sorry for those who cared about Leaderboards :/

They should make a leaderboard "amount of time spent in a mission", that would be more relevant. (maybe there is already one... I haven't checked)

I mean another one than "longest survival"

il y a 35 minutes, [DE]Aidan a dit :

Warframe is a cooperative game with a number of important roles that need to be filled to find success in high level play.

If you're ignoring stuff like covert-lethality / ivara / octavia and other frames that can play solo forever.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Because competition in a co-op game makes so much sense, right?

Raids were not even remotely competitive anyway because they required co-operation and coordination to succeed, so your argument is flawed.

With regard to Raids, there's no point in keeping a gameplay mode around if it's broken most of the time and only a rather small subset of the player-base takes advantage of it. They'll be back when they're properly fixed.

This. Thanks for the heads up and underscoring part of what Warframe is and should be about. I'm also definitely in favor of keeping the servers stable and secure and as a consequence allowing us to play. If that entails removing / downscaling / reworking a niche system of questionable value to most people, then I say do it.

Raids came along with speed runs, which is why when DE removed raids, Zopney, the warframe partner for speedruns, and zanogoth, the warframe partner for raids left. My logic isn't flawed, just because you didn't see the full picture doesn't mean other people are incorrect. People enjoy different parts of the game differently, I dislike archwing but I know people who love it. 

Another thing, I'm sure you remember Dark sectors and their removal. When did that happen again?

we're at less content than we were Dec. 2017, this should concern you

il y a 1 minute, --Q--Phanini a dit :

we're at less content than we were Dec. 2017, this should concern you

That's only true because they haven't released anything since dec 2017 and they removed raids, which are literally 2 missions, both having 3 different stages.

How is this concerning matter ?

They spent their time buffing weapons and developping new stuff.

You even have an update coming this week that'll change that balance.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

You even have an update coming this week that'll change that balance.

Forgot that tbh, my concerning point would be the reinstatement of raids, which draws from the experience of dark sector removal

à l’instant, --Q--Phanini a dit :

Forgot that tbh, my concerning point would be the reinstatement of raids, which draws from the experience of dark sector removal

Dark sector was really garbage, and so were raid.

Maybe next implementation of raids will be relevant.

I hope they won't make the same mistake to use a fixed map again.

I know that won't happen with the incoming onslaught (or whatever the name is)

Just now, Trichouette said:

Dark sector was really garbage, and so were raid.

I just disagree with this, humbly speaking, there are entire communities and clans revolving around raids, there are stories of memories, friendships and bonding moments that all stemmed from the shared experience brought to us from raids. I wouldn't call them garbage, they were fun, once you knew what to do, and you could run them with literally any frame (which zanagoth proved time and time again) which is content people keep requesting for; one that doesn't make you use a specific loadout or gear set. Was it buggy? Sure, so is everything else in this game now and then. But, again my opinion, they were not garbage

vor 25 Minuten schrieb ---RV---Maniac:

As a matter of fact, me along with alot of other people were hoping to see a leaderboard for onslaught regarding clan scoring, like in an operation

it would be nice to have a seperate Dojo Room/Decoration for Clan intern leaderbords so you can set up clan intern competitions.

But I don't like the idea of a Game wide Leaderboard. Imo Its not a good idea for a PvE centered game. This would get even worse when certain rewards were only obtainable for those ranking within a certain scale(like top 10 or top 100).

il y a 1 minute, Darkuhn a dit :

it would be nice to have a seperate Dojo Room/Decoration for Clan intern leaderbords so you can set up clan intern competitions.

But I don't like the idea of a Game wide Leaderboard. Imo Its not a good idea for a PvE centered game. This would get even worse when certain rewards were only obtainable for those ranking within a certain scale(like top 10 or top 100).

I do agree with you about the rewards (Ignis Wraith blueprint research) but competition is something that shouldn't be taken out of a game. It is part of the most basic human behavior to compete and just saying everyone is looking for casual playing is just clouding the situation.

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

They should make a leaderboard "amount of time spent in a mission", that would be more relevant. (maybe there is already one... I haven't checked)

I mean another one than "longest survival"

Well, the only challange here is to finish the mission without the game crashing XD

And to those who attempt it, good luck.

Something nagging in the back of my mind...

So, the new Sanctuary Onslaught will have a challenge mode and a non challenge mode yes?

Could maybe some more game modes recieve this? Since its clear not only from this thread but other discussions on leaderboards that a substantial portion of players dont know about or care about leaderboards, give the servers added breathing room by adding "challenge mode capture" and "challenge mode defense" for missions? Something like capture and exterminate would be speed based, defense the number of waves, survival time based, assassinate time based?

There are some of us who crave competition & are willing to do anything to get to the top.
There are others who just don't want competition for either:

Reason 1: Bandwagon.
Reason 2: Don't want to put in effort themselves and in-turn not wanting others to get rewarded doing something they don't want to do.
Reason 3: People who don't know a word of what they are typing but post it anyways.
Reason 4: People who think we asked for weapons/mods to be locked behind operations. (We didn't, cosmetic rewards would be just fine)
Reason 5: Bandwagon
Reason 6: Bandwagon

Archived