Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Kill Leaderboard and Leaderboard Notifications

aidan890

7 minutes ago, --RV--Exenon said:

(We didn't, cosmetic rewards would be just fine)

No they wouldn't be. Locking something that everyone will crave behind a leaderboard only no-lifes will be able to climb is insulting, and behavior like that shouldn't be rewarded.

4 minutes ago, Kuzhara said:

Thanks for lettings us know!

Optimization is always nice and I agree with the sentiment that Kill Leaderboards probably aren't the best judge of skill... although I like to support friendly competition.

Now this is a proper comment.

@[DE]Aidan

What if instead of 'weekly' leaderboards, the Kills leaderboards were changed to display LAST WEEK's kills statically? The kills could be tracked on the server, without the need to constantly update on the player's viewable surface. This would allow the leaderboards to remain in the game, without as much workload.

à l’instant, Gabbynaru a dit :

No they wouldn't be. Locking something that everyone will crave behind a leaderboard only no-lifes will be able to climb is insulting, and behavior like that shouldn't be rewarded.

Well, to be honest, there are no need of being a no life to get the reward in the Pacifism Defect. I was with one inactive guy in my clan (Before I was in Q) and I got it without no lifing the mission. Clearly a full clan that complete the event would be able to easily get the rewards. It is more an participation price than a lock tbh

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

the only thing insulting right now is your tone. You literally need very little effort to actually do leaderboards, the fact that you think the leaderboards are people with no life is just....

silly

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

That's the point of rewards, in any game with a leaderboard that I've played, there has always been a reward at the top of it.
It's a way of granting players gratification like:

"Hey look, you took the time to grind, you rescheduled your time just to get to the top, here you go have some reward"

Believe it or not most competitive people have lives, like stuff they do on a daily basis, be it work / school / etc...

Removing the leaderboards is a good thing. All they do is getting a fraction of the playerbase to try and be on the top of it. It does not really serve any other purpose than seeing yourself on it and being happy about that or getting to know what is currently possible in certain missions but most of the time you cannot even judge how that score on the leaderboard has been achieved and that is what kind of makes that last use of it very unreliable. If people want to show off how far they can come or how well they can do certain missions within the game then they may just upload videos to YouTube or stream it on Twitch. Hope this won't be the only leaderboard to be gone.

15 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

You literally need very little effort to actually do leaderboards

1. Make a macro for Octavia or some other zero-effort frame

2. Sit on some low-lvl mission

3. Try not to fall asleep

Sounds like some great competitive content!

Just now, Pr1A said:

1. Make a macro for Octavia or some other zero-effort frame

2. Sit on some low-lvl mission

3. Try not to fall asleep

Sounds like some great competitive content!

context is important,

for example, you quoted me replying to someone upset that certain cosmetics might come from leaderboard events. Perhaps read the whole thread before trying to tie loose ends?

...Are you guys seriously implying that a clan like mine will be able to get on the leaderboards to get the reward? Are you listening to yourselves? My clan literally had 87 points during Ambulas Reborn. Top ghost clan had 10.696 points. Yeah, I totally could get on top of that leaderboard, eh? Don't kid yourselves. Not everyone is competitive and we don't want to be forced to be.

So what if everyone gets that reward from that operation? It was your decision to play like madmen to be on top of the leaderboard. So, congratulations for being up there. That alone should be gratifying enough. Otherwise, you're in the wrong game. Everyone deserves a chance to get that new shiny, but not everyone has the time or willpower to spend tens of hours in the same repetitive game mode. You're already being rewarded with your place on top of the card, now be a kind soul and don't take your boredom as frustration out on us. Whether only 100 of you or the entire Warframe population gets that new shiny should not be a concern to you. If it makes you feel worse that more people have access to the new shiny, not just you... please look for a different game, cause Warframe has always being proud of it's inclusive and welcoming community, and you're acting to ruin that with your selfishness.

Just now, --Q--Phanini said:

context is important,

for example, you quoted me replying to someone upset that certain cosmetics might come from leaderboard events. Perhaps read the whole thread before trying to tie loose ends?

Giving exclusive cosmetics as a reward for leaderboard events would encourage botting. That alone makes it a terrible idea.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

...Are you guys seriously implying that a clan like mine will be able to get on the leaderboards to get the reward? Are you listening to yourselves? My clan literally had 87 points during Ambulas Reborn. Top ghost clan had 10.696 points. Yeah, I totally could get on top of that leaderboard, eh? Don't kid yourselves. Not everyone is competitive and we don't want to be forced to be.

So what if everyone gets that reward from that operation? It was your decision to play like madmen to be on top of the leaderboard. So, congratulations for being up there. That alone should be gratifying enough. Otherwise, you're in the wrong game. Everyone deserves a chance to get that new shiny, but not everyone has the time or willpower to spend tens of hours in the same repetitive game mode. You're already being rewarded with your place on top of the card, now be a kind soul and don't take your boredom as frustration out on us. Whether only 100 of you or the entire Warframe population gets that new shiny should not be a concern to you. If it makes you feel worse that more people have access to the new shiny, not just you... please look for a different game, cause Warframe has always being proud of it's inclusive and welcoming community, and you're acting to ruin that with your selfishness.

So you're saying doing minimal should be rewarded just as much as doing much more?

That is not how life works, and that is a bad slogan for a game. Imagine this slogan:

"Warframe, do less get the best"

1 minute ago, --RV--Exenon said:

So you're saying doing minimal should be rewarded just as much as doing much more?

Yeah, well, no one made you do that much more, did they? So why should you be rewarded for doing much more when what was asked of you was very minimal?

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, well, no one made you do that much more, did they? So why should you be rewarded for doing much more when what was asked of you was very minimal?

There wasn't an "ask". DE didn't ask people "Ok guys so just do 100 points and stop".
They gave us an event, the dedicated rose, the ones that feel privileged fell.

. The resource burden of updating Warframe’s weekly “Kill Leaderboards” and notifying players hundreds of times per second is something we're removing for the foreseeable future. 

So rather than trying to fix the feature you're throwing out a feature in its entirety? Were the even talks about how to handle the issue, probably occuring due to rising population of the game? Opt in updates and connection to specific server only when you look up leaderboards? Or heck reducing update amount, because how many people would need 100 updates per second? 

To give some brief insight into the decision to remove Kill Leaderboards, we simply feel that this is no longer the best way to judge a player’s skill or level of accomplishment in Warframe. 

Warframe is a cooperative game with a number of important roles that need to be filled to find success in high level play.

The main, if not only, substantial interaction with the game that player has is killing enemies, most of the "support" is there to ensure you kill more and longer.Especially when you kill one of few "high level" cooperative modes that was not centered around killing (Raids), your "high level play" is kinda that - killing stuff. 

And yes, I agree, it's not best way to judge player skill. It never was. It's about dedication. And with removing that you're just taking away an outlet for a dedicated player to express him/herself. Go you!

You know, the idea of "back in the day it was better" usually doesn't seem to correct to me, but with living games like Warframe and your constant trend of removing content, I think it kinda rings true. Back in the day Warframe was better in a sense. It was scrappier, with more glaring flaws, but it felt like it had more heart to it and it in part saddens me to see it losing its soul bit by bit.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

literally none of the events require hard work, the minimum clan trophy for Ambulas Reborn was a score of 60... 

literally everything from that event came back later for those who were not able to make it, excluding the sigil, noggle and (so far) supra vandal. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

To give some brief insight into the decision to remove Kill Leaderboards, we simply feel that this is no longer the best way to judge a player’s skill or level of accomplishment in Warframe. Warframe is a cooperative game with a number of important roles that need to be filled to find success in high level play.

Leaderboards aren't skill level, but incentives for players, something the game is sorely lacking right now.

3 minutes ago, --RV--Exenon said:

There wasn't an "ask". DE didn't ask people "Ok guys so just do 100 points and stop".
They gave us an event, the dedicated rose, the ones that feel privileged fell.

That's exactly how those operations went, actually. For Ambulas Reborn, all that was asked of you was 60 points to get the teraccota statue, 240 if you need the gold one (for ghost clans). That's all they ever asked of you. The fact that people did 10k points, that was of their own accord. They already got rewarded long before that, everything else is just extra they did willingly, and shouldn't be rewarded for it. Cause, even at your job, whether you give it 100% all 8 hours, every day of the week, or just half-arse it like most people do, the salary is the same each month.

42 minutes ago, --RV--Exenon said:

There are some of us who crave competition & are willing to do anything to get to the top.
There are others who just don't want competition for either:

Reason 1: Bandwagon.
Reason 2: Don't want to put in effort themselves and in-turn not wanting others to get rewarded doing something they don't want to do.
Reason 3: People who don't know a word of what they are typing but post it anyways.
Reason 4: People who think we asked for weapons/mods to be locked behind operations. (We didn't, cosmetic rewards would be just fine)
Reason 5: Bandwagon
Reason 6: Bandwagon

Wow, if your goal was to be as condescending as possible, you succeeded with flying colors.

I must also commend you on managing to combine both strawman arguments and labeling in a single post, you must be really proud of yourself.

If if you must know why I personally don’t care for this leaderboard (since you obviously have no clue and would strawman me if I didn’t mention it), then it’s because I am simply disinterested. Non of this bandwagon bs or...what is this...”not putting in effort”? Effort for what? Killing enemies that takes no effort whatsoever? Staying long times in endless missions (as much as I dislike endless missions) takes a magnitude more effort.

Oh, and one more thing...if your trying to be funny with the whole mentioning bandwagon 3 times, then don’t.

Think about real life,the one that do more get more right? so locking sth behind work is just normal if u get everything from start,why the hell do you Play?  next Thing , no lifes ? Insult me= well then u are a noob that cant do much against Level 10 enemies? i guess.  next Thing if u Need for example the ,,glorious example'' ignis wraith there are Clans giving it away for like FREE while knowing they did work HARD for it,so rather be grateful,than pißßed These guys did beat u ^^ (if u even tried to get it) last Thing, telling People they cant ask for much each ignis bp coz ist only 15k credits,well consider the time WORKING and playing the Event and getting to the top worlwide for it,then u should be quit and either pay the Price or look for another guy selling it cheaper,or dont get it at all ^^ and next time Play yourself it it is that easy in your opinion

Archived