Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Kill Leaderboard and Leaderboard Notifications

aidan890

vor 13 Minuten schrieb --Q--Phanini:

none of those items are even locked behind any gating whatsoever.

Hema, farm, just farm. Its hard, but so what, you want everything handed to you for free?

Ignis wraith is tradable, everyone with sufficient MR can acquire it, no questions asked.

It seems like you're just here to receive stuff. You just want event items to be delivered to your inbox and for there to be minimal effort on your part. If that's the case perhaps a looter shooter gindfest game might not be best

my point was about how DE would deal with it and what kind of arguments they used in the past to not change things.

As im in a Ghost Clan with nearly all Research completed and all that nearly all by my self I think you should mind your tone.

I have all the Event stuff from all events I was around(save the top 100 ones) and the only parts I have a problem with is with those only handed to the TOP 100 as I think those are just unnecessary in a game with Millions of players.

4 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

my point was about how DE would deal with it and what kind of arguments they used in the past to not change things.

As im in a Ghost Clan with nearly all Research completed and all that neatly all by my self I think you should mind your tone.

I have all the Event stuff from all events I was around(save the top 100 ones) and the only parts I have a problem with is with those only handed to the TOP 100 as I think those are just unnecessary in a game with Millions of players.

You do know the research for the hema in a ghost clan is very minuscule.

1 minute ago, MunsuLight said:

RIP ...  It is not the end of the world though ..  But I understand now why people are kinda sad about the removing of them 

Well this wasn't only about that, the discussion went other places.

Il y a 2 heures, --RV--Exenon a dit :

There are some of us who crave competition & are willing to do anything to get to the top.
There are others who just don't want competition for either:

Reason 1: Bandwagon.
Reason 2: Don't want to put in effort themselves and in-turn not wanting others to get rewarded doing something they don't want to do.
Reason 3: People who don't know a word of what they are typing but post it anyways.
Reason 4: People who think we asked for weapons/mods to be locked behind operations. (We didn't, cosmetic rewards would be just fine)
Reason 5: Bandwagon
Reason 6: Bandwagon

Or maybe because competition in a skill-less game is irelevant to some people ?

You don't need skill in order to do a 5h survival mission, you just need 5h to waste and a bladder resistant enough (or teamates to cover you for a minute)

à l’instant, --RV--Exenon a dit :

Well this wasn't only about that, the discussion went other places.

Yeah I saw the rest of the convo .. I just don't like arguing on the forums except for something I really like about the game.. if it was what you meant .. 

And I'm not so "educated" about this so .. I prefer to not say anything

3 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Tenno,

It is a busy week here at Digital Extremes as we prepare to release “Beasts of the Sanctuary;” and as one wildly unstable data-portal opens, another draws to a close, for now. Many Tenno will have noticed a bout of intermittent server instability in the past few weeks. While defending ourselves from what we continue to suspect are DDoS attacks, we have found ways to optimize our infrastructure. The resource burden of updating Warframe’s weekly “Kill Leaderboards” and notifying players hundreds of times per second is something we're removing for the foreseeable future. 

The Kill Leaderboards will be retired with the Beasts of the Sanctuary update and we will begin testing solutions (based on your feedback to this thread) on how to best implement the notification system for our other leaderboards.

To give some brief insight into the decision to remove Kill Leaderboards, we simply feel that this is no longer the best way to judge a player’s skill or level of accomplishment in Warframe. Warframe is a cooperative game with a number of important roles that need to be filled to find success in high level play.

How about make it to where it doesn't notify you if its for the kill leaderboards? Plain and simple. There is no need to take them out at least for the clan side of things if this suggestion works.

I understand if its for players, but if they are being taken out for clans too, it might be harder to see what clan is active to create active alliances or to find active clans.

A lot of active clans will start claiming they are the most active clan.when they really aren't and the kill leaderboards for clans proves it.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

Or maybe because competition in a skill-less game is irelevant to some people ?

You don't need skill in order to do a 5h survival mission, you just need 5h to waste and a bladder resistant enough (or teamates to cover you for a minute)

This game has skill but it is not entirely relevant to the casual looter shooter that this game is marketed as. Some players enjoy pushing themselves for goals they setup. DE has shown that this sort of content is few and far between. A perfect example of how there can be "skill" is through challenges like the glyph I am using.

Anyways, I feel like this discussion is just useless. Both parties play the game differently and one is sad that their fun is being removed. I think its best we understand how leaderboard players feel when DE scraps them (Raid leaderboard pushers, people who liked farming kills, etc) and also see the point of view that a majority of this game is casual and that is just how it is going to be. I like things like Ignis Wraith and Primed Chamber, but I do see it that a majority are unhappy because that is not how they play the game. I would just leave this discussion to die like the kill leaderboards.

3 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

The resource burden of updating Warframe’s weekly “Kill Leaderboards” and notifying players hundreds of times per second is something we're removing for the foreseeable future.

Deadclave is perfectly fine though, EVERYONE plays it! 

might as well remove the bytes called "mission nodes", "fissures". oh we should also remove those bytes called "enemies". 

Lets just keep lunaro and pvp! the new players experience will be so much simpler

seriously DE. are you trying to kick veterans from the game? first you remove the endless incentive, than raids and now leaderboards? COME ON DE show some ** love to the ** veterans. give us some dedicated content. and im not talking about the glorified gear check and the giant map you been forcing for 7 months, that is piss easy. oh and also not talking about the events that get repeated every 2 weeks.

might as well remove the bytes called "mission nodes", "fissures". oh we should also remove those bytes called "enemies". 

Lets just keep lunaro and pvp! the new players experience will be so much simpler

seriously DE. are you trying to kick veterans from the game? first you remove the endless incentive, than raids and now leaderboards? COME ON DE show some ** love to the ** veterans. give us some dedicated content. and im not talking about the glorified gear check and the giant map you been forcing for 7 months, that is piss easy. oh and also not talking about the events that get repeated every 2 weeks.

XD

2 minutes ago, Cate said:

10 minutes ago, -mhC.Rekken- said:

Copy / pasting the same post? Really? At least say something original.

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Copy / pasting the same post? Really? At least say something original.

Okay, original? Hmm let me see...

okay here.

DE killing of ENDGAME in Warframe the only thing VETERANS can do. There isnt only people who are like 100 hrs into this game. There are a huge amount of players who wants some good content in this game. Not only forced S#&$ like Plains...

And you said there was only a small amount playing Trials, but why is Conclave still alive. I think Trials had more active players then Conclave ever would have.

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

RIP Leaderboards. Hopefully there is a solution for competitive gameplay that doesn't become "temporary" like the removal of Trials. Most people think that those leaderboards are pretty useless, but some people worked very hard for those leaderboards, and it is sad that minority is getting cut from the boards. I hope Void Onslaught promotes this sort of gameplay and rewards players for it, otherwise it will be another Incident Archive 2318-H where it is played for 1-2 weeks and abandoned.

They're removing the kill leaderboards. If I'm not mistaken, they reset every week, or every two weeks. No harm done to the event ones. Right? I miss raids, but I won't miss those. Unless there's something I didn't see.

42 minutes ago, Redeye said:

They're removing the kill leaderboards. If I'm not mistaken, they reset every week, or every two weeks. No harm done to the event ones. Right? I miss raids, but I won't miss those. Unless there's something I didn't see.

ye, kill leaderboards were meh to me. The issue is, there aren't gona be event leaderboards, onslaught is just going to get added to the game with no operation backing it which is disapointing.
In DE's mind the mod that grows flowers on enemies is the only incentive veterans need to play onslaught.

Archived