Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Kill Leaderboard and Leaderboard Notifications

aidan890

1 minute ago, Darkuhn said:

If the "niche" Part would get some Dojo Room/Decoration to make custom Leaderboards for their Clan/Alliance they could get their Competition without affecting the other Parts of the Community which doesn't want competition.

That in itself would be more effort than a global leaderboard.

And as you said they are "niche communities" so why should the majority have to deal with unwanted leaderboards just for a "Niche" part of the Community? 

If the "niche" Part would get some Dojo Room/Decoration to make custom Leaderboards for their Clan/Alliance they could get their Competition without affecting the other Parts of the Community which doesn't want competition.

there you go again, creating a cycle for yourself to complain about

if there's a dojo room/decoration for leaderboards (all of it, btw are you against competition or something?) then there comes the clan XP which means

9 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

yes it can be traded, and most people with access to it will charge like a "vitality" but you can't get the Clan research. 

Regarding the current usefulness of Clan levels: At the moment you are right, it doesn't matter.

But those 3000 exp could lead to the same discussions that emerge regularly about Founder Items and Mastery and I have no interest in having that again.

you'd be complaining about this again and again and again. Leaderboards have been there always, there's a sense of pride, a sense of competition, only the kill leaderboards are niche, the rest of it is pretty common.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb --Q--Phanini:

DE will relook at the ignis wraith situation, simple as that.

Hmm... As far as my experience with DE goes they haven't done as you anticipate even on heavily discussed Topics like Hema. So I wouldn't bet they are doing that.

Just now, --Q--Phanini said:

there you go again, creating a cycle for yourself to complain about

if there's a dojo room/decoration for leaderboards (all of it, btw are you against competition or something?) then there comes the clan XP which means

you'd be complaining about this again and again and again. Leaderboards have been there always, there's a sense of pride, a sense of competition, only the kill leaderboards are niche, the rest of it is pretty common.

They meant like a decoration where you could set up a competition. Not a reward from one.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

They meant like a decoration where you could set up a competition. Not a reward from one.

Clan events already have a decoration, they give clan exp like every other decoration, I'm not sure what you're specifically referring to

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--Phanini:

there's a sense of pride, a sense of competition,

much pride in the 0.01s Leaderbord for Parkour.... Such competition.... 

All that leaderbords in Warframe do is showing who can brake the Game the most.

Hmm... As far as my experience with DE goes they haven't done as you anticipate even on heavily discussed Topics like Hema. So I wouldn't bet they are doing that.

Don't bring up the hema in this argument, that is a completely different topic. It doesn't even remotely relate to rethinking the ignis wraith situation.

Just now, --Q--Phanini said:

Clan events already have a decoration, they give clan exp like every other decoration, I'm not sure what you're specifically referring to

Sigh. Read the words. 

A decoration that allows you to custom make new competitions. Not one that is rewarded from a clan event like the devs make.

much pride in the 0.01s Leaderbord for Parkour.... Such competition.... 

All that leaderbords in Warframe do is showing who can brake the Game the most.

again with the strawmanning? No more half-baked points to bring to the table?

1 minute ago, therealDG said:

For those of us that doesn't know, could one of you guys tell us how we can check the leaderboards?

esc->profile->leaderboards then check the categories you want :)

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Sigh. Read the words. 

A decoration that allows you to custom make new competitions. Not one that is rewarded from a clan event like the devs make.

And what would be the point of that?
An inter Alliance/Clan event that the Alliance/Clan probably still has to fund.

Players aren't supposed to make their content. It's supposed to be given.

Sigh. Read the words. 

ah I see the difference now, but I don't see the point in that, if people are having trouble with participating in events they can always wait until the rewards get released through baro or other means

vor 1 Minute schrieb --RV--Exenon:

It doesn't even remotely relate to rethinking the ignis wraith situation.

how is it not related? Some have it and some don't and DE's Argument for not changing the Hema was that some already completed the research and it would neglect their hard work when it would be changed. 

I would say the same could be said about he Clans that ranked in the top 100 of their Tier.

1 minute ago, --RV--Exenon said:

exactly the words I was looking for, but delivered in a way I could never

Just now, --RV--Exenon said:

For fun maybe? 

What's the issue with making friendly competions? Many groups in other games have made great fun out of existing content within a game.

Just now, Darkuhn said:

how is it not related? Some have it and some don't and DE's Argument for not changing the Hema was that some already completed the research and it would neglect their hard work when it would be changed. 

I would say the same could be said about he Clans that ranked in the top 100 of their Tier.

none of those items are even locked behind any gating whatsoever.

Hema, farm, just farm. Its hard, but so what, you want everything handed to you for free?

Ignis wraith is tradable, everyone with sufficient MR can acquire it, no questions asked.

It seems like you're just here to receive stuff. You just want event items to be delivered to your inbox and for there to be minimal effort on your part. If that's the case perhaps a looter shooter gindfest game might not be best

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

For fun maybe? 

What's the issue with making friendly competions? Many groups in other games have made great fun out of existing content within a game.

But, we already do that, RV has funded multiple inter-Clan/Alliance events.

And I know multiple clans that do so themselves.

For fun maybe? 

we have lots of friendly competitions, nothing wrong with that, but replacing Dev created content with player created content isn't always the best route to take

Archived