Jump to content
[DE]Helen

Where is Update 22.18.0?!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Can't recall, huh? Well, let me educate you: 22.17.3, 22.17.0, and 12.15.0 were 3 non-hotfix content updates of 6 since the beginning of march that came out on a Wednesday. 1 of those 6, Zephyr Prime's release, was on a Tuesday. The other two were on Thursday, and those two were very large updates with a huge list of changes and fixes. My point here is that just in the last two months, the majority of the major patches came out on Wednesday, not Thursday, and the ones that did were large and just needed another day in the oven. Thus, updates "typically" release on Wednesday. I for one would much rather them release the updates earlier if they have them ready, so a Wednesday release target is a good choice as it's directly halfway through the work week and gives them 2 more days after release to bug fix before the weekend. Just because SOME updates end up delayed to Thursday doesn't mean they should ALL be pushed to a Thursday release arbitrarily. Would it make sense for you to hold onto a project you were working on for 1 extra day, even though you were done with it, just because you decided that Thursday would be the day you turn it in? No, it wouldn't, that's why this argument is so stupid. Wednesday is their TARGET release day for major updates, but it's not a concrete release window. To my knowledge, they have never stated that Wednesday is the official release day for updates, it's just their internal target, and if they meet it, great! If not, oh well, we have to wait another day or two. Can we please end this stupid a$$ argument already?

Wow right. I did not expect someone would take it this personally. I do not consider something like 22.17.3 or 22.17.0 content updates just like I do not consider Tennogen content. Skins are not content, neither are augments. By content people typically mean experience that is entirely new, such as Khora, such as Sanctuary Onslaught, such as Tridolon or what have you. Granted sure yes you can say there are plenty of fixes and we've even gotten the balance passes which have been welcome. But none of that is really what is being spoken of here. Like I said, I don't honestly mind that they are on Thursdays, doesn't change a thing for me. Would it for you? I suppose not, after all you call it " [...] just needed another day in the oven. " so it probably does not mean a lot to you either. So what would be the harm?

And yeah obviously I'd rather have it on Wednesdays, who wouldn't? But lets not be fantastic here, I am speaking of what is realistically feasible and as you mention, the last time was on 12.15.0 which is roughly 9 months ago. And the one on Wednesday before it? Yeah long ago as well. And honestly there is never a time when an update is fully operational and it is somewhat oxymoronic proposition that they arbitrarily would hold for a day or some, when that is exactly what they are doing already, that is: ' we are taking time whip the update in shape ', a process which I don't have a problem with, but a spade is a spade, eh. Just to add, they have actually said Wednesday is the officially considered release date, that of course does not mean they meet their goals because design work is, after all, hard to predict.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Wow right. I did not expect someone would take it this personally. I do not consider something like 22.17.3 or 22.17.0 content updates just like I do not consider Tennogen content. Skins are not content, neither are augments. By content people typically mean experience that is entirely new, such as Khora, such as Sanctuary Onslaught, such as Tridolon or what have you. Granted sure yes you can say there are plenty of fixes and we've even gotten the balance passes which have been welcome. But none of that is really what is being spoken of here. Like I said, I don't honestly mind that they are on Thursdays, doesn't change a thing for me. Would it for you? I suppose not, after all you call it " [...] just needed another day in the oven. " so it probably does not mean a lot to you either. So what would be the harm?

And yeah obviously I'd rather have it on Wednesdays, who wouldn't? But lets not be fantastic here, I am speaking of what is realistically feasible and as you mention, the last time was on 12.15.0 which is roughly 9 months ago. And the one on Wednesday before it? Yeah long ago as well. And honestly there is never a time when an update is fully operational and it is somewhat oxymoronic proposition that they arbitrarily would hold for a day or some, when that is exactly what they are doing already, that is: ' we are taking time whip the update in shape ', a process which I don't have a problem with, but a spade is a spade, eh. Just to add, they have actually said Wednesday is the officially considered release date, that of course does not mean they meet their goals because design work is, after all, hard to predict.

umm, any time something other than number changes is added to the game, it's content. Good meaning content:? NOt always, but skins and fashion things are content.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Wow right. I did not expect someone would take it this personally. I do not consider something like 22.17.3 or 22.17.0 content updates just like I do not consider Tennogen content. Skins are not content, neither are augments. By content people typically mean experience that is entirely new, such as Khora, such as Sanctuary Onslaught, such as Tridolon or what have you. Granted sure yes you can say there are plenty of fixes and we've even gotten the balance passes which have been welcome. But none of that is really what is being spoken of here. Like I said, I don't honestly mind that they are on Thursdays, doesn't change a thing for me. Would it for you? I suppose not, after all you call it " [...] just needed another day in the oven. " so it probably does not mean a lot to you either. So what would be the harm?

And yeah obviously I'd rather have it on Wednesdays, who wouldn't? But lets not be fantastic here, I am speaking of what is realistically feasible and as you mention, the last time was on 12.15.0 which is roughly 9 months ago. And the one on Wednesday before it? Yeah long ago as well. And honestly there is never a time when an update is fully operational and it is somewhat oxymoronic proposition that they arbitrarily would hold for a day or some, when that is exactly what they are doing already, that is: ' we are taking time whip the update in shape ', a process which I don't have a problem with, but a spade is a spade, eh. Just to add, they have actually said Wednesday is the officially considered release date, that of course does not mean they meet their goals because design work is, after all, hard to predict.

Well, first of all, it doesn't really matter what you consider content...what basically everyone else considers content is anything added to the game that isn't just bug fixes. Anything with art assets of any kind counts as content, so that includes augments, weapons, etc. Secondly, they've been doing nearly weekly content drops for years, and Wednesday has been their target release day for those for a long time, so that's what everyone is talking about, and that is what I'm referring to. They never said that Wednesday was their target release day for this or any major update, everyone just assumes it is because that's when they've almost always tried to get the weekly content drops out by. My whole point is that they do not have a "release day" for updates. There is no "Wednesday/Thursday is the normal release day for updates, so that's when you should expect them". This whole "Wednesday is the normal day that content drops are released" should not be used to pressure them into releasing updates, it is simply the day they shoot for internally to release updates. So when they say to expect it this week, they mean that and it could release anytime from now until the end of Saturday, or even later if they have to delay it further. That is why I'm saying to stop arguing about what day should be "update day", because there is no "update day", not for us. There is no day that we should expect updates to arrive on, because they are released when they're ready. So, that's that, end of story, shut up about it now.

Edited by PhoeniixFiire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

I would much rather wait longer than have a bug storm hotfix riddled weekend. They deserve to chill a bit after the release, enjoy a weekend to play what they've given us, not scramble back to the office in a rush to get some weird spaghetti code bug fixed.

It best to update on monday onward.. I rather use my saturday doing farming and most possible saturday is overload too much and server down again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gnlstorm said:

It best to update on monday onward.. I rather use my saturday doing farming and most possible saturday is overload too much and server down again

Truth. I'd rather have a stable launch early in the week with the team readily available and rested for hotfixes, and a nice clean weekend following.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So looks like update is coming today like I whose predicted... 😁👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be kinda stupid if they actualy release it when they go live tonight, but its not like EU side used to anything else then US-based 'primetime'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can nobody wait here for the regular update time ? for me it is between 20- 21 CET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...the hype for Khora has been unreal! #intense  ...keep it flowing Dev's :thumbup::heart: 2 all.

Edited by Bladereap3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hype is so unreal.... DE is killing us with this anticipation... I hope it drops before prime tiime... since its gonna about onslaught 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 21 minutos, Sokker1 dijo:

can nobody wait here for the regular update time ? for me it is between 20- 21 CET

regular update time was 1 hour before xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I'm very excited now. The anticipation.

Anyone who claims they didn't read this out loud in Tyl's voice is lying. :D

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davej83 said:

regular update time was 1 hour before xD

regular update time is right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Screenshot_Khora.png

We know you’ve been looking forward to the upcoming Beasts of Sanctuary Update! Don’t worry - we won’t keep you waiting much longer. The update won’t be released today, but you can still expect it later this week! There are just a few more things we want to whip into shape.

Get ready for Sanctuary Onslaught and Khora… It’s going to be kavatastic! (couldn’t help myself)

Thanks for your patience, Tenno!

How about today

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Well, first of all, it doesn't really matter what you consider content...what basically everyone else considers content is anything added to the game that isn't just bug fixes. Anything with art assets of any kind counts as content, so that includes augments, weapons, etc. Secondly, they've been doing nearly weekly content drops for years, and Wednesday has been their target release day for those for a long time, so that's what everyone is talking about, and that is what I'm referring to. They never said that Wednesday was their target release day for this or any major update, everyone just assumes it is because that's when they've almost always tried to get the weekly content drops out by. My whole point is that they do not have a "release day" for updates. There is no "Wednesday/Thursday is the normal release day for updates, so that's when you should expect them". This whole "Wednesday is the normal day that content drops are released" should not be used to pressure them into releasing updates, it is simply the day they shoot for internally to release updates. So when they say to expect it this week, they mean that and it could release anytime from now until the end of Saturday, or even later if they have to delay it further. That is why I'm saying to stop arguing about what day should be "update day", because there is no "update day", not for us. There is no day that we should expect updates to arrive on, because they are released when they're ready. So, that's that, end of story, shut up about it now.

Of course it doesn't. No more me than you.. I am also well aware Wednesday has been their target for quite some time. Mate, I am a founder, you don't think I've been there in the time when it was Thursday and then changed to Wednesday and all the reasons DE gave for that? Reason which I perfectly well agree with, but also observe that isn't really happening with these major patches, and I can understand why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...