Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains bounty leeches

(PSN)SnowMadClaude

Is there any way to stop people who leech bounties on the plains outside of doing things solo or just in your clan? Incredibly annoying to start (then finish) a bounty while 1 person isn't pulling there weight and are off fishing, or mining instead.

Needs some report function or vote to kick function to prevent leeches from doing this.

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

You could also recruit players in cetus instead of running missions online :D

You shouldn't have to recruit for every single mission. Recruiting should only be necessary for more difficult or complex missions than anything PoE has to offer, outside of Eidolon hunting. 

Besides, if we were supposed to recruit for every mission, there wouldn't even be an automatic matchmaker. 

Edited by Plasmaface

il y a 3 minutes, Plasmaface a dit :

You shouldn't have to recruit for every single mission. Recruiting should only be necessary for more difficult or complex missions than anything PoE has to offer, outside of Eidolon hunting.

Then run solo.

il y a 3 minutes, Blade_Wolf_16 a dit :

Ignoring the problem won't fix it. 

It's not "ignoring", it's "finding an acceptable solution".

Add a kick/votekick option and you'll have billions of threads about "I got kicked"

14 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

Besides, if we were supposed to recruit for every mission, there wouldn't even be an automatic matchmaker. 

You also can not expect randoms to have the same goals as each other. If a person wants a team that thinks as a team, they should gather like-minded individuals.  With random, you get both the good and bad; and that is part of the nature of random matchmaking. If the players are actually afk, they will get no rewards; while them being there at least offers some possibility of assistance if needed.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Then propose an unabusable solution to this problem.

If you accrue a notably above-average number of reports you lose that ability to use the auto matchmaker until DE supoport lets you out of Leecher Prison. 

And we all know how long it takes support to resolve an issue. 

26 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Then run solo.

Your solution was rejected because it wasn't found to be very acceptable. 

Again, Recruiting absolutely shouldn't be necessary for simple missions. No one wants to deal with that hassle. They just want to be able to play the game without setbacks in the form of lazy leeches. 

Edited by Plasmaface

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Oh yeah because yours is definitely better.

Put a heavy burden on the support, as if it wasn't under a lot of pressure already.

That's the point. I have a sardonic sense of humor. I suggested having to go through support to be let out of leecher prison BECAUSE it would take forever. 

I know DE wouldn't actually do it. I just like to propose irrational solutions for fun. 

If you want a more stable solution, integrate a player activity tracker that looks for clear signs of leeching and automatically removes those players from matches.

Edited by Plasmaface

il y a 4 minutes, Urlan a dit :

If the players are actually afk, they will get no rewards; while them being there at least offers some possibility of assistance if needed.

Thing is, good afk's who aren't doing it on purpose (irl problems) will not get the loot, but intentionnal afk's know how the afk system works and will move from time to time while playing their tabbed games or watching youtube/twitch or whatever so they get the reward they didn't work for. 

il y a 20 minutes, Trichouette a dit :

Then run solo.

Add a kick/votekick option and you'll have billions of threads about "I got kicked"

So being forced to take additionnal measures that might not work (trust me, chat isn't as reliable as you think) just because one guy is leeching you is "an acceptable solution"? Having to leave the Plains and suffer from the hour-long door opening everytime there is a leecher is "ok"?

Leechers are the ones who should be penalised, but there is no reliable way (since the auto-afk system is just as easy to avoid for them than the limit of powercreep) to make them stop. 

Hel, even reporting afk's is long and most people don't take multiple screenshots of every afk them meet. 

PS: I personnaly never talked about vote/kick here. 

il y a 3 minutes, Blade_Wolf_16 a dit :

So being forced to take additionnal measures that might not work (trust me, chat isn't as reliable as you think) just because one guy is leeching you is "an acceptable solution"? Having to leave the Plains and suffer from the hour-long door opening everytime there is a leecher is "ok"?

Leechers are the ones who should be penalised, but there is no reliable way (since the auto-afk system is just as easy to avoid for them than the limit of powercreep) to make them stop. 

Hel, even reporting afk's is long and most people don't take multiple screenshots of every afk them meet. 

I don't see you suggesting anything.

And honestly, I never got a leeching problem.

How ? Because I either play solo or with people I know.

il y a 19 minutes, Trichouette a dit :

I don't see you suggesting anything.

And honestly, I never got a leeching problem.

How ? Because I either play solo or with people I know.

True, I did not suggest a vote/kick system, so don't put words in my keyboard. 

I can't just shoot a random idea I haven't thought through at all, so no, I have nothing to suggest. Besides, that doesn't mean I don't have the right to argue with you and it doesn't make my statement less valid. Something else might, of course, but not that.

You play solo or with friends, good for you. None of my close friends play WF, my clan is basicaly me, my brother and one of his friends and most people on my friends list are pretty much as random as recruitment chat, except 3-4 people and half of them are in a totaly different time zone (aka 6 hour jet lag) and/or they just don't play everytime I'm connected.

This means that when I want to play co-op, I have to either find a team or join a pug. Problem is that my potato PC and Internet makes it very difficult and extremely time consuming to find a pre-made team for something as trivial as going on Helene, Ani or Taranis, but that's not even taking in account that people in recrutment chat either radshare, go to Hydron or another cheesy spot, farm specific ressources such as polymer/argon/other, farm a specific frame, hunt Tridolons and nothing else especialy when you're not on the overpopulated english server. 

So, in short, just because you can avoid the said problem doesn't mean that the problem isn't affecting anyone nor that everybody can avoid it like you do. I'm not saying that my story is more important than yours; nobody cares about any of us. I'm just pointing out the fact that even if you avoid the problem, the problem still exist.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

Didn't expect the discussion to take off as quick as it did!

Was me who suggested a vote/kick method in op. Came across 3 different people who'd started the "hardest" cetus bounty yesterday, who then proceeded to fish/mine for the first 4 bounty steps. Even sent a message to one asking if they're doing the bounty to get a yes, only for them to keep fishing 😤

Maybe instead of a vote kick, there was a range thing in place for you to get rewards? Have to be within say 250m of target or you get nothing. Not sure how much of a pain it'd be to code, but would prevent leeches from getting rewards if they are on the opposite side of the map, not contributing to the bounty.

18 hours ago, (PS4)SnowMadClaude said:

Is there any way to stop people who leech bounties on the plains outside of doing things solo or just in your clan? Incredibly annoying to start (then finish) a bounty while 1 person isn't pulling there weight and are off fishing, or mining instead.

Needs some report function or vote to kick function to prevent leeches from doing this.

indeed. we need a report option for leecher (generally, not only for the plains). what i do with leechers is first warn them to participate and if they won't report them for "harassment", which is silly, i know, but my argument is that i feel harassed by them NOT doing their part and letting me doing theirs and still getting the fruits of the (admittedly not too hard) work. additionally, i put them on my blacklist too, so i won't ever see their lazy mugs again.

i feel DE is deliberatly not implementing this option for the well to expected work they will getting themself this way - which is rather silly, for the logical move would be to automate the whole process similar to all the other automated one they already have in plalce. for example: one player report a leecher in a mission -> reported player AND also the reporting one will get on cross-conected lists with the "usual" informations about time and mission etc., and if it happened that the leecher is reported repeatedly (for a real leecher does his/her thing not only once) for leeching, and especially from multiple (meaning 2 or 3 here) other players in the same mission, the leecher adding up "points" on his list. at some "score" the leecher will get a warning that he is expected to stop doing this or will face consequences. if he/she keep doing it and the "score" reaches the next level, this "consequences" will follow (how high the thresholds are and what the consequnces should be, is for DE to decide, but they should be discouraging or will be laught at by leecher).

ofc, the "offenders" collected "point" should go down after a while with no further offense reportes too - this way even those who claim to have had reallife issues the cause of their "offense" can rest assure they won't suffer, beeing marked for life ^^) even though i have not much tolerance for such behavior since one can just leave a mission at any time via abbort or even alt+f4 if something realy important (like the house is on fire ^^) comes up.

on the other side of the "problem", the "abuser of power", those who use the report other players constantly or specific ones deliberately should also get a similar treadment. since the reporting payer is also in a seperat list (cross-conected to the reported-list), it's easily to figure out such people and warn/punish them too if they keep blaming other players with no real reasons. ofc, their "score" is also handled like the reportred players one and will go down after some time to make mistakes not a problem for anyone reporting those above mentioned reported player who "just" had to answers the phone or doorbell.

the whole thing is not a complicated bunch of code, but a relative simple behaviour script that the devs surely can do without having to return to university for further training - hell i've seen 15 years old coder doing such on-the-fly...

so, in my opinion, all those who claim the usual "will be exploited" argument, are either not in the know about how easy a fair and solid  way of dealing with such issue is (and keep in mind, my example above is only an ad-hoc idea i developed while writing this - you can go much more into the deep with some brainstorming and fine-tune it even more) or are exactly those player who on occasion (if not regularly) leeching themself - for no one can make me belive he/she won't mind leechers themself, who afterall, are not a rare occasion in warframe (or many other games that makes them possible). and keep also in mind, that with "leechers" i mean NOT new players who can't keep up with veterans or players who are in a mission to test/(re)-level their equipment, but only those who not doing anything more than preventing auto-kicks and collecting rewards while either runing scripts or just manually doing the absolut minimum.