Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe & Music

Great.Dane

I case you weren't aware, the Warframe soundtrack is a gift from the gods

It has songs from TSD and TWW, and it gives me chills every time I listen to them.

ALSO ALSO,

The guy who composes most of the music s Keith Power, who also does the music for the Avengers movies, if I'm not mistaken

Whats your fav tracks? Or do you prefer to listen to your own music? If so, what songs do you usually listen to?

I'm a big metalhead and music seems to be on constantly when playing games, oddly though this does not apply to WF. I havent sat down and listened to music while playing WF. There are simply too many important things (for me atleast) when it comes to sounds in WF. I can safely say this is the first online multiplayer action rpgish game (even including every single MMO I've palyed) where I havent felt the need to listen to music, or where I've felt music wouldnt be a distraction. The only other type of game that shares this with WF would be shooters like the Battlefield/Front, Overwatch and so on.

Since DaoC, even during PvP sessions I've listened non-stop to music with the game sound turned off. Only place in WF where I could see myself doing it would be when mindlessly farming credits on ceres, which I dont do anymore. The sounds of WF are simply too good and useful since you can hear where that last mob is hiding and if it is a regular scrubby trooper, an ill-fed kavat or a Nox trying to figure out how to breathe.

When I listen to music it tends to be metal, rock, hard rock, punk, viking rock and similar. Iron Maiden, Slayer, Amon Amarth, Thyrfing, Ensiferum, Marduk, Watain, Dark Funeral, Deathstars, Månegarm, Bathory, Finntroll, Immortal, Sabaton, Falconer, Venom, W.A.S.P and Raubtier are some of my big favorites. So it is a big mix of old and new when it comes to metal.

Any time there's new stuff to be done in Warframe (particularly quests) I tend to play with the in-game music on rather than my own. Once I've seen/heard things enough for it to become familiar, I switch to my library of other video game OSTs. In particular I'm pretty fond of how well the soundtracks for Metroid Prime (or rather, all three of them), Parasite Eve, and NieR: Automata mesh with Warframe. Shadow of the Colossus is also a good soundtrack to have on hand for eidolon hunts. Also, it's perhaps a little counter-intuitive given the nature of the frame, but I find Persona 5's music fits Octavia really well.

Aside: Not that Keith Power doesn't do amazing work, but he's not the guy who composed for the Avengers films; that was Alan Silvestri.