Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania - A Few Small Changes (And One Not So Small)

GeoffFromAccounting

Introduction:
Titania, in theory, is an awesome CC/Support/Damage frame. With her 1 providing some quick and dirty CC, her 2 granting her and her team buffs and debuffing enemies, her 3 distracting groups of enemies while damaging them, and finally her 4 for taking to the skies and delivering sweet murder. Unfortunately, there are a handful of issues holding this back. Between the unreliability of her 1 and 3, the clunkiness of her 2, and the uselessness of Diwata compared to Dex Pixia with her 4 (and lack of vacuum). Luckily these are all relatively easy fixes, especially compared to the work needed for other frames.

Stats:
Titania's stats for the most part are fine, it's just the energy that's an issue. 150 max energy at base is simply not enough for her caster style of play. Personally I would suggest a 225 max energy at base, similar to other caster frames. Another change I'd like to suggest is to increase her casting speed by 50%, at least for Spellbind if nothing else. This may be a more personal request, as I feel that her casting speed is far to slow with all abilities taking more than a second to cast.

Abilities:
- Spellbind: Personally I think this ability is fine as is for the most part, all I would suggest is to increase cast speed by 50% as said above. I've seen the suggestion that instead of ragdolling enemies that it should make them float in the same style that Bastille does, but I'd argue that unlike Lantern where the enemy moving around is a detriment, Spellbound enemies moving around isn't an issue. It may be an issue in defence, but personally I've never seen an enemy get stuck and unable to be killed because of Spellbind.

- Tribute: Sweet RNGesus is this ability a mess. The bare concept of getting buffs based on enemies is fine, but the implementation of that is just... no. As it is now, in order to get one buff up to max stacks, it takes 250 energy. That's only one buff, if you want to go for all four then it's 1000 energy! Then you have to keep casting the ability to maintain the buffs, which further adds onto the cost. Then there's the fact that the enemy debuff portion of the ability (which I'm willing to bet most people forgot about) is nigh useless because you can only apply it to one enemy at a time. Despite all that however, it is just salvageable. Note, all numbers are up for debate. I'm not great at estimating numbers without a way to test them, so if anyone who's better at that sort of thing wants to suggest something, feel free!

Tribute 2.0: Create a 5m radius bubble at target location (bubble size affected by range mods) that lasts 12 seconds (affected by duration). Enemies inside the bubble all have their damage output reduced by 25% for 12 seconds, any enemies that enter the bubble after it's initially cast will also be affected by the debuff. Allies entering the bubble will gain buffs dependant on which enemies are in the bubble. For example, if the bubble has one heavy unit, two melee, and four ranged units, allies entering the bubble would gain 1 stack of Entangled, 2 stacks of Thorns, and 4 stacks of Dust. This should reduce the amount of spam needed (and as such the cost) and make it easier to apply buffs to allies.

EDIT: As @TheBlueJellypointed out, another change that would need to be made is to all of Tribute's auras other than Dust, as they all either have neglible effects (Thorns and Entangle), or have literally no effect for Titania most the time (Full Moon). One suggestion I've liked from both @TheBlueJellyand @devildevil21is for the auras to be affected by mods at the very least. My only concern with that is if it would make Dust too effective. But then again, abilities such as Zephyr's Turbulence exist, so maybe not.

- Lantern: The main issue of this ability is that it's unreliable due to enemies going in some bizarre corner of the map no one knows exists. My suggesting would be to just make enemies float similar to Bastille.

- Razorwing: All that needs to be done here is to buff Diwata a little bit, Diwata's been buffed, and quite nicely too, so that's no longer a main issue. All that's truly need now is to add a small radius vacuum so you don't have to hug the floor for loot, as well as fix any bugs associated with the skill.
EDIT: Allow pets (Kavats, Kubrows, and Chargers) while in Razorwing mode. It's understandable that Sentinels aren't allowed due to how they function, but I see no reason why pets shouldn't be allowed to roam around while you're flying around. Especially considering one of the buffs from Tribute specifically affects companions.
Vruush turrets are another issue, as they can quite easily one shot Titania in Razorwing mode with little to no warning, and no counterplay. There's many threads about this specific issue already, so I won't go any further than that

EDIT AGAIN: another issue that's been pointed out to me is the fact that Diwata's archwing charge does not make you immune to collision damage. I think it's safe to say this should be fixed.

Conclusion:
These changes should hopefully improve the QoL on Titania's abilities, and allow Tribute to not be terrible. If anyone has any other suggestion they'd like to make, or something they disagree with, feel free to comment or something. That's how forums work, right?

Edited by GeoffFromAccounting
Razorwing has been buffed, thread changed to reflect that

OP, I like your changes, especially that stationary spellbind! 

I would add a few of my own:

I think the enemy-selection aspect of Tribute should be abandoned.

Tribute should do something similar to what the OP describes: bubble + damage output decrease, except it should use a rotation of buffs akin to Ivara's #1. Maybe have the number of affected enemies determine the duration of the buff, strength, etc? That would make the gameplay more interesting while making the ability reliable. 

Increase Titania's survivability just a bit. Let us take advantage of Aviator, or make one of the Tribute buffs a personal shield regen increase/overshields or something similar. As it stands, even with 50% evasion and Razorflies in Razorwing, Titania is fantastically squishy. Outside of Razorwing, she is one of the weakest, most delicate frames. She possesses no invulnerability, invisibility, or functional defensive ability beyond Razorwing. As the OP mentioned, she should have her energy increased. Like Loki, Ivara, Limbo, and many others, a Titania out of energy is pretty hard to keep alive in certain content. 

Give Titania an ability to shake off vrussh turret missile attacks in the Plains of Eidolon. Archwing gets warnedTitania gets revived. It would be simple, tactical and interesting if shifting let us slip missile attacks. It is pretty infuriating to be knocked out of the sky in the premier content of the game because something 80 meters off I just freaking killed re-spawned and murdered me in one shot. 

With Pets 2.0 coming, I would regret failing to wave this flag again:

Let Razorwing have pets! Or something! It is sad that Full Moon (one of the buffs from Tribute) affects companions. Bah! And weep! Though it occurs to me that the Razorflies might be affected by Full Moon, but I would not know because I never cast Tribute. Why would I ever cast Tribute? Anyway, Razorwing Titania cannot have companions. please don't overlook wee pixie queens in Pets 2.0.

I love Titania. This is my favorite, most used frame. I wish she got a little more patch note attention and love from DE because I believe (especially with Razorwing Blitz) that she is a decent frame just within reach of being phenomenal with a few tweaks. 

Edited by mouseodoom

12 minutes ago, mouseodoom said:

I think the enemy-selection aspect of Tribute should be abandoned.

Tribute should do something similar to what the OP describes: bubble + damage output decrease, except it should use a rotation of buffs akin to Ivara's #1. Maybe have the number of affected enemies determine the duration of the buff, strength, etc? That would make the gameplay more interesting while making the ability reliable. 

While personally I feel that the enemy selection aspect is what makes it unique, I do however quite like this suggestion. Do you mind if I toss your idea as an alternative to mine in the post?

17 minutes ago, mouseodoom said:

Increase Titania's survivability just a bit. Let us take advantage of Aviator, or make one of the Tribute buffs a personal shield regen increase/overshields or something similar. As it stands, even with 50% evasion and Razorflies in Razorwing, Titania is fantastically squishy. Outside of Razorwing, she is one of the weakest, most delicate frames. She possesses no invulnerability, invisibility, or functional defensive ability beyond Razorwing. As the OP mentioned, she should have her energy increased. Like Loki, Ivara, Limbo, and many others, a Titania out of energy is pretty hard to keep alive in certain content. 

I think the other changes to her cast speed and energy should be enough for her to sustain her CC and keep her alive, especially with Tribute's Dust buff (especially so if you can choose buffs like you suggest). That alone gives her a pretty consistent evasion bonus. For that reason alone I'd be hesitant on buffing her survivability stats too much.

1 hour ago, mouseodoom said:

Give Titania an ability to shake off vrussh turret missile attacks in the Plains of Eidolon. Archwing gets warnedTitania gets revived. It would be simple, tactical and interesting if shifting let us slip missile attacks. It is pretty infuriating to be knocked out of the sky in the premier content of the game because something 80 meters off I just freaking killed re-spawned and murdered me in one shot. 

I completely forgot about those turrets. Yes, I can definitely agree with this.

1 hour ago, mouseodoom said:

With Pets 2.0 coming, I would regret failing to wave this flag again:

Let Razorwing have pets! Or something! It is sad that Full Moon (one of the buffs from Tribute) affects companions. Bah! And weep! Though it occurs to me that the Razorflies might be affected by Full Moon, but I would not know because I never cast Tribute. Why would I ever cast Tribute? Anyway, Razorwing Titania cannot have companions. please don't overlook wee pixie queens in Pets 2.0.

Again, I agree, and I completely forgot that Razorwing deletes pets for whatever reason. I can understand it deleting sentinels, but I don't see the reasoning as to why it should delete pets.

On her stats, I feel like 225+ is gonna be the key "feature" of the Prime version. Plus, while a larger tank can somewhat help with high-throughput, it doesn't prevent you from staying dry once you run dry. And since her throughput is as high as it is, I'd say we need to do something to address said throughput directly- say, by adding a form of energy sustain.

You are definitely correct in your opinion that her casting speeds are far too slow. If DE intended for Titania to flit in and out of Razorwing (or Blitzwing), giving her cast times of 1 to 1.4s (and instantly despawning the razorflies) is not the way to go. Especially not for Blitzwing- that's a minimum 5.4s ramp up from cold, and given the energy requirements, it takes an extremely premium build (instant >2k plat price tag, just add Energize) to keep a Blitz Gunship Titania in the air for a full mission.

On Spellbind, I'd like to add the idea of holding the button initiating a self-cast. Way less clunky and way more intuitive than hugging the floor/wall/ceiling and tapping 1 into it.

On Tribute becoming an AoE, would greatly help with its energy cost, but would not fix its problem with some effects being useless or requiring too much effort to intentionally maintain.

The thing a lot of people forget is there's actually three reasons Tribute is only good for Dust.
1) Energy Cost, is 250e + 50e upkeep(120s), so maintaining more than one is extremely costly
2) Aura Effects, in which Dust is the only "good" one: 30m of 50% acc penalty. Thorns is 25% reflect to attackers within 40m (35m ally share), but reflect itself is useless (especially at only 25%), Entangle is 25% slow at 10m (danger close), and Full Moon, which Titania cannot benefit from in Razorwing, is 75% companion damage when the companion's master is within 30m. Of all of these, the only one with both a usable radius and a useful effect is Dust.
Also note that these stats DO NOT SCALE to mods, meaning you cannot try to improve Entangle into something usable.
3) Enemy Selection requirements. Dust is pulled from any non-heavy, non-melee, non-flying, non-pet enemy. You literally can't swing a dead kavat without hitting a foe that meets that criteria. It's easily 75% of non-Infested force composition that provides Dust when a Tribute is demanded. Entangle is semi-viable to maintain since Heavies are relatively common at high levels, but melee enemies for Thorns are very faction-dependent (at high levels, common for Grineer, uncommon for Corpus), and Full Moon is from pets and fliers- extremely uncommon for Grineer and Infested.

Dust is the only aura that mates an easy-to-find, good effect to the high-ish energy cost.

As an AoE, Dust would be the only intentionally gained effect- the others would just be incidentals and only be maintained by accident. And if you make it selectable (removing problem #3) you'll find that nobody uses anything other than Dust *ever* because even if there was a fix to the energy cost in some way, the other auras are still garbage.

Lantern, I mostly agree. While it's fun on the Plains to run an off-shoot of the Tenno Space Program (RIP Sonicor, you were too good for this world), it can be a major pain in normal tilesets. Would also make it a lot more viable for locking down a specific area in an AWACS build.

Razorwing....
- Diwata being pure finisher damage wouldn't solve the near-suicidal charge of the dash-to-target. Melee attacks in Razorwing also need to provide immunity to collision damage, otherwise it won't matter how good or trash the Diwata is. I've instantly died from hitting quick melee before, and not because an enemy attacked me.
- Vacuum is a common request on her, which I find funny since it makes it significantly harder to ration your energy orbs to try and "fight against" her absurd drain. However, this is mostly from a vet's perspective, one who has absurd stockpiles of most resources and over 95% of mods in the game. Doubling the 3m univac to 6m while in Pixie form would probably solve this problem without making it impossible to ration energy orbs.
- Non-Sentinels being usable (due to likely being easier to implement) would be absolutely wonderful. I dream of Cat's Eye and Charm Double Drops... and Dig Dog can dig up energy orbs, so that's cool too.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I like those ideas, expecially the cast speed on her 1st, but I disagree with the changes to her 2nd skill.

The problem with her 2nd skill is that:

-> Not only is it troublesome to be constantly getting buffs from enemies, it's that the buffs themselves DON'T scale from mods at all. A 50% evasion is always 50% evasion. 120s duration will forever  be 120s duration, from which you have to get the buff every 119s tops to maintain the buff.

My suggestion for her 2nd skill would be something along the lines of:

-> Making it only take 1 or 2 enemies to get the full buff effect; 

-> Let it scale with mods 

-> If DE doesn't want to do that, rework the 2nd ability entirely. Give her something new. Something more suited to the guardian of the forest. Perhaps a survivability skill? Similar to the dust buff or some sort of magical shield around her? Or, perhaps a buff to her mobility or to her damage. She is after all a flying machine gun.

The 3rd skill change I agree with.

-> Keep the enemy fixated on the spot. I'm so tired of them flying away!

The abillity itself is great, the aggro is awesome, but it's unreliable. Sometimes I am CC'ing an entire room of enemies with it, but then the target decides to float away, leaving me vulnerable with 20+ enemies lookin' at me, ready to mow me down.

It's annoying, and the best way to fix it would be to keep the affected target stuck in the place the abillity was cast. Or even better, remove the target alltogether and make titania summon a lantern that takes X spot and draws enemies in. 

About the 4th skill, the only change I wish was made is not only the buff to diwata (since lets be honest, it sucks, and the dash to the enemy self-damage gets you killed most of the times) but to also allow titania to recover her razorflies every once in a while. Those razors keep the enemy distracted when 50% evasion isn't enough to keep you alive. I'd like another way to get them back other than to recast razorwing.

Been maining titania since she was released (The day she was released, I farmed her as fast as I could, rushed build and have been using her and mostly just her since then), and it makes me sad that DE left titania in the dust (pun intended). She is such an amazing frame, one of the few to get hyped up, to bring a whole new type of system (archwing in missions) AND have a trailer of it's own! The first syndicate warframe (well, 2nd, if we consider chroma), the kit designed by Rebecca, the Lotus herself, and she is ignored! DE, don't leave titania in the back burner. That's all.

Best Regards,

Devildevil21

Edited by devildevil21

I can't express how sad I am about the Anti Archwing weapons targeting her because it essentially makes her a dead frame for any Open World content and DE seems really big on pushing Open World. Cause most of Titanias shtick is to always be in Razorwing, always. 

I've always found her 1 & 3 to be pretty samey. To the point that honestly i'd just suggest they fold them into the same charged ability. So when you simply tap 1 it effectively preforms her current 1 and when you charge it for a second or so it effectively preforms more like lantern. 

I don't think I ever use her 2 but I've heard it's OK for removing status effects? but that's about it and most of the time by the time you react the status effect will probably either have worn off or already killed you/your target. So I'd personally replace it along with her 3 with totally new abilities. 

Razorwing is pretty solid except for the whole Anti Archwing weapons thing, which I pray they rectify before Venus cause it's pretty much a hard counter for Titania with respect to any Open World content. Actually I take that back I'd also remove the self damage from running into objects at speed because that can also almost one shot you especially with Blitz. I also kinda wish that her Exalted form weapons would decide if they where Exalted or not. Because as they stand Dex Pixia is stopped by Limbos Timestop like a regular weapon but doesn't trigger Growing power as a regular weapon would. Personally I'd prefer that they trigger Growing Power which would make it synergize much better with Titania, I can kinda live with avoiding Limbos bubbles.

When it comes to the Sentinels, I had the idea a while back that I really liked where in which Titania would assume most of the sentinels mod effects. But at the same time if Titania downed the Sentinel would die because effectively your life becomes it's life. Tho you continue to get the effects of mods like Vacuum, Shield Charger, Medi-Ray, etc. Except visually they would come from Titania.

To that end maybe have the Sentinels weapon effect your Razor Flies in some way? I think that would be pretty sweet.

Edited by Oreades

On 4/21/2018 at 2:39 AM, TheBlueJelly said:

On her stats, I feel like 225+ is gonna be the key "feature" of the Prime version. Plus, while a larger tank can somewhat help with high-throughput, it doesn't prevent you from staying dry once you run dry. And since her throughput is as high as it is, I'd say we need to do something to address said throughput directly- say, by adding a form of energy sustain.

If that does become the case with her prime then that'll definitely be annoying. But I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.
On your point on energy sustain, while I do think it's a valid point, with all of the different ways to get energy (namely Zenurik) I wonder if giving Titania self energy-regen might end up giving her effectively infinite energy. But then again, Octavia has Inspiration, so it could possibly work.

On Spellbind, I'd like to add the idea of holding the button initiating a self-cast. Way less clunky and way more intuitive than hugging the floor/wall/ceiling and tapping 1 into it.

While personally I've never had the need to cast it on my self (mostly because I always forget about the Status immunity aspect of it), I could see this being quite useful for those who remember that it exists.

On Tribute becoming an AoE, would greatly help with its energy cost, but would not fix its problem with some effects being useless or requiring too much effort to intentionally maintain.

The thing a lot of people forget is there's actually three reasons Tribute is only good for Dust.
1) Energy Cost, is 250e + 50e upkeep(120s), so maintaining more than one is extremely costly
2) Aura Effects, in which Dust is the only "good" one: 30m of 50% acc penalty. Thorns is 25% reflect to attackers within 40m (35m ally share), but reflect itself is useless (especially at only 25%), Entangle is 25% slow at 10m (danger close), and Full Moon, which Titania cannot benefit from in Razorwing, is 75% companion damage when the companion's master is within 30m. Of all of these, the only one with both a usable radius and a useful effect is Dust.
Also note that these stats DO NOT SCALE to mods, meaning you cannot try to improve Entangle into something usable.
3) Enemy Selection requirements. Dust is pulled from any non-heavy, non-melee, non-flying, non-pet enemy. You literally can't swing a dead kavat without hitting a foe that meets that criteria. It's easily 75% of non-Infested force composition that provides Dust when a Tribute is demanded. Entangle is semi-viable to maintain since Heavies are relatively common at high levels, but melee enemies for Thorns are very faction-dependent (at high levels, common for Grineer, uncommon for Corpus), and Full Moon is from pets and fliers- extremely uncommon for Grineer and Infested.

Dust is the only aura that mates an easy-to-find, good effect to the high-ish energy cost.

As an AoE, Dust would be the only intentionally gained effect- the others would just be incidentals and only be maintained by accident. And if you make it selectable (removing problem #3) you'll find that nobody uses anything other than Dust *ever* because even if there was a fix to the energy cost in some way, the other auras are still garbage.

1) That's the main thing I want to fix first, as there's no reason any ability should cost 250 energy at base, not including the required upkeep.
2) You raise a good point actually. Off the top of my head, Thorns should be buffed to a couple hundred percent, or provide some sort of damage resistance (though then I'd worry about Thorns stepping on Dust's toes). Entangle should be given a much larger range, at least twice the current range, or give buff the slow percentage. Full Moon should hopefully be more useful if pets are allowed in Razorwing, otherwise this one needs to be replaced entirely.
On terms of mod scaling, while I agree it would be a huge benefit to everything but Dust, I worry if it would make Dust a little too powerful. But then again, Zephyr's Turbulence exists which basically grants projectile immunity.
3) Unfortunately there's not really much that can be done with enemy selection without vastly altering how the factions are balanced out. One possiblity that could be done is to reduce the amount of stacks you need for the other not Dust auras.

Hopefully buffing the other Auras to Dust's level should help alleviate that issue in theory, but if in practice it doesn't then it's possible that the other Auras might just need to be reworked or scrapped entirely.

Razorwing....
- Diwata being pure finisher damage wouldn't solve the near-suicidal charge of the dash-to-target. Melee attacks in Razorwing also need to provide immunity to collision damage, otherwise it won't matter how good or trash the Diwata is. I've instantly died from hitting quick melee before, and not because an enemy attacked me.

I didn't even know you could still take collision damage from Diwata's charge. If that's the case then that absolutely needs to be fixed.

Everything else you've said I agree with.

16 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

The problem with her 2nd skill is that:

-> Not only is it troublesome to be constantly getting buffs from enemies, it's that the buffs themselves DON'T scale from mods at all. A 50% evasion is always 50% evasion. 120s duration will forever  be 120s duration, from which you have to get the buff every 119s tops to maintain the buff.

My suggestion for her 2nd skill would be something along the lines of:

-> Making it only take 1 or 2 enemies to get the full buff effect; 

-> Let it scale with mods 

-> If DE doesn't want to do that, rework the 2nd ability entirely. Give her something new. Something more suited to the guardian of the forest. Perhaps a survivability skill? Similar to the dust buff or some sort of magical shield around her? Or, perhaps a buff to her mobility or to her damage. She is after all a flying machine gun.

As I said before, I agree with mods affecting the auras, yet I'm dubious about it affecting Dust. It's something I'd want to test before making it a reality, but unfortunatley I cannot.

The 3rd skill change I agree with.

-> Keep the enemy fixated on the spot. I'm so tired of them flying away!

The abillity itself is great, the aggro is awesome, but it's unreliable. Sometimes I am CC'ing an entire room of enemies with it, but then the target decides to float away, leaving me vulnerable with 20+ enemies lookin' at me, ready to mow me down.

It's annoying, and the best way to fix it would be to keep the affected target stuck in the place the abillity was cast. Or even better, remove the target alltogether and make titania summon a lantern that takes X spot and draws enemies in. 

I like this idea, and it certainly seems more fitting given the ability name.

About the 4th skill, the only change I wish was made is not only the buff to diwata (since lets be honest, it sucks, and the dash to the enemy self-damage gets you killed most of the times) but to also allow titania to recover her razorflies every once in a while. Those razors keep the enemy distracted when 50% evasion isn't enough to keep you alive. I'd like another way to get them back other than to recast razorwing.

I do agree with this, though I'm not entirely sure what would be the best way to go about doing this. Maybe on melee kill, assuming Diwata is buffed? Or perhaps ability usage for extra synergy with Blitzwing?

11 hours ago, Oreades said:

I can't express how sad I am about the Anti Archwing weapons targeting her because it essentially makes her a dead frame for any Open World content and DE seems really big on pushing Open World. Cause most of Titanias shtick is to always be in Razorwing, always. 

If something isn't done before Venus (assuming Venus has AA cannons) then I'm really going to start worrying for Titania.

11 hours ago, Oreades said:

I don't think I ever use her 2 but I've heard it's OK for removing status effects? but that's about it and most of the time by the time you react the status effect will probably either have worn off or already killed you/your target. So I'd personally replace it along with her 3 with totally new abilities. 

You're thinking of Spellbind (her 1), that grants status immunity alongside its CC effect. With duration it lasts a pretty decent amount of time, and is amazing on missions such as Sargus Ruk sortie assassination, or any Infested endless mission.

Reading up on tribute, its actually a goood thing the buffs dont scale with mods.. it means if you can build titania however you want and they will suffer no negative or ill effects from specializations.

I do think some of the abilities need buffs however, like the range of the slow debuff and a global increase of duration to 300 seconds or so, having the damage reflection reduce the damage taken as well , etc. but letting the buffs scale would actually restrict building options on titania herself. 

I really wish the buffs were more energy efficent in terms of cost and duration. It is my biggest concern due to the somewhat difficulty in maintaining energy with razorwing active. I still say that titanias razorflies should be affected by companion mods!

Lantern affected targets need to be immune to impulse physics or simply not float the target. Spellbind needs to either be combined into lantern or something else. Tibute need qol changes.

AND FIX VURRUSH TURRETS TARGETING HER, ITS CLEARLY A BUG DUE TO LAZY CODING.

Oh and my ideal spellbind / lantern combo is to have them combined into one ability.

Inital target is lanterned, targets attracted suffer spell binds effects upon getting too close and have their weapons float away. Second casting sends all affected targets airborne, doubling the dot for the remaining duration.

Give her a new 1 that summons razor flies defensively, and redeploys destroyed flies when cast in razorwing.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

3 hours ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

You're thinking of Spellbind (her 1), that grants status immunity alongside its CC effect. With duration it lasts a pretty decent amount of time, and is amazing on missions such as Sargus Ruk sortie assassination, or any Infested endless mission.

Ok then I have no clue what her 2 does, I know it's the one with the shadows I can't recall a single time I've ever found a decent/worthwhile reason to use it. 

Edit: Just looked it up..... oh yeah the potential RNG soul thing with the damage reduction that means very very little outside of the very very early game. Cause late game even with a 25% damage reduction you're better off just killing them lest you be oneshotededed. Cause 25% less damage on a shot that is going to do 200% of your health and shields is still 175% more than it will take to kill you. Maybe it would be useful if it was a ground effect that could reduce the damage of a whole/most of a tile* but one enemy........ Cause if it could cast it on a fairly large area and have it persist for some time with any enemy stepping into the enemy being seperated from their soul, it might actually be worthwhile (and kinda fun) to collect their souls while you where flitting around murdering things. Maybe also toss in a confusion effect? I dunno it just really needs some pizazz.

At the very least I now remember why I never use it, single target :P 

*Kinda like Oberons Garden but maybe more of a fairy mushroom ring. At least I think Oberons Garden can be cast a couple of times to cover a pretty massive area.

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Ok then I have no clue what her 2 does, I know it's the one with the shadows I can't recall a single time I've ever found a decent/worthwhile reason to use it. 

Edit: Just looked it up..... oh yeah the potential RNG soul thing with the damage reduction that means very very little outside of the very very early game. Cause late game even with a 25% damage reduction you're better off just killing them lest you be oneshotededed. Cause 25% less damage on a shot that is going to do 200% of your health and shields is still 175% more than it will take to kill you. Maybe it would be useful if it was a ground effect that could reduce the damage of a whole/most of a tile* but one enemy........ Cause if it could cast it on a fairly large area and have it persist for some time with any enemy stepping into the enemy being seperated from their soul, it might actually be worthwhile (and kinda fun) to collect their souls while you where flitting around murdering things. Maybe also toss in a confusion effect? I dunno it just really needs some pizazz.

At the very least I now remember why I never use it, single target :P 

*Kinda like Oberons Garden but maybe more of a fairy mushroom ring. At least I think Oberons Garden can be cast a couple of times to cover a pretty massive area.

Dust is an amazing buff, 50% less enemy accuracy to all enemies in 30m means enemies are only hitting half as much as usual. Sure it's no Turbulence, but I'd argue Turbulence is overtuned anyway. The others though (including Thorns, which is the one you described here) are pretty niche at best, useless at worst.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Reading up on tribute, its actually a goood thing the buffs dont scale with mods.. it means if you can build titania however you want and they will suffer no negative or ill effects from specializations.

I'd argue that very little would detriment Tribute's buffs. as Power Strength is also benficial to Razorwing, and Range and Duration is beneficial to Spellbind and Lantern, with Duration even slightly helping Razorwing's energy consumption. Maybe I build my frames differently than others (I tend not to have any of my ability stats under 100% unless it's truly a dump stat, such as Strength on Nyx/Loki, Range on Mesa, or Efficiency on Nidus), but I imagine it'd be hard to truly gimp Tribute without gimping all of her other abilities alongside it.

I do think some of the abilitigeses need buffs however, like the range of the slow debuff and a global increase of duration to 300 seconds or so, having the damage reflection reduce the damage taken as well , etc. but letting the buffs scale would actually restrict building options on titania herself. 

I feel as two minutes on the auras is plenty of time, and five minutes would be going overkill. I also don't agree with it limitng build variety, as there's already so little mod space on her already due to the (imo) necessity of (Primed) Flow, Natural Talent, and Redirection/Vitality. As I mentioned earlier, anything that would benefit Tribute would also benefit Spellbind and Lantern, as well as a small benefit to Razorwing, so I'm not seeing how it'd limit build diversity.

I really wish the buffs were more energy efficent in terms of cost and duration. It is my biggest concern due to the somewhat difficulty in maintaining energy with razorwing active. I still say that titanias razorflies should be affected by companion mods!

Interesting idea (and I mean that in a good way), but I feel that a more elegent solution would be to simply give them a small damage absorbtion period ala Iron Skin/Snowglobe to help their survivability scale a bit. The main issue I see with your idea is if the player uses a sentinel instead of a pet, as the mods are vastly different between those two.

Lantern affected targets need to be immune to impulse physics or simply not float the target. Spellbind needs to either be combined into lantern or something else. Tibute need qol changes.

I think that Spellbind and Lantern are different enough to warant being their own seperate ability. Spellbind is a quick CC with some Status Immunity buffs, while Lantern is area denial CC with some damage mixed in. Combining the two would probably end up overloading the ability.

AND FIX VURRUSH TURRETS TARGETING HER, ITS CLEARLY A BUG DUE TO LAZY CODING.

Agreed.

Oh and my ideal spellbind / lantern combo is to have them combined into one ability.

Inital target is lanterned, targets attracted suffer spell binds effects upon getting too close and have their weapons float away. Second casting sends all affected targets airborne, doubling the dot for the remaining duration.

See above for my thoughts on combining the two.

Give her a new 1 that summons razor flies defensively, and redeploys destroyed flies when cast in razorwing.

Instead of giving her a new ability, how about Spellbind replenishes Razorflies when cast on Titania in Razorwing? That way you still get the original ability and the Status Immunity, while having a way to refill any destroyed Razorflies. They could also implement the hold to cast on yourself functionality that TheBlueJelly suggested, which would make this even more feasible

Responses in bold because I'm too lazy to cut up the quote.

Proofreading skill is -3

3 hours ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

Dust is an amazing buff, 50% less enemy accuracy to all enemies in 30m means enemies are only hitting half as much as usual. Sure it's no Turbulence, but I'd argue Turbulence is overtuned anyway. The others though (including Thorns, which is the one you described here) are pretty niche at best, useless at worst.

Responses in bold because I'm too lazy to cut up the quote.

"Instead of giving her a new ability, how about Spellbind replenishes Razorflies when cast on Titania in Razorwing?"

While the idea is not bad, it's counter intuitive and the reason why the augment "Razorwing Blitz" is a niche. Titania needs energy to stay in razorwing, and using skills to get the razorflies back will only reduce the time she can be in razorwing.

This brings me to another topic that negatively affects titania aswell. Her base stats. Both the warframe and the ability stats.

Starting off with her ability stats: I believe her 2nd skill energy price is too high. That's the problem in the abilities. If it was 25 energy for each or 50 energy with 25 energy refund if you pick an aura.... but 50 energy PER aura x5 (250 energy total) is too much.

The other part of titania, her base warframe stats are also bad in some ways. Most of all her low base energy (she's a caster frame with 150 max energy at rank 30!) and her low hp. The armor she has isn't great (65 armor) but it ain't that bad. But 300 max hp at rank 30? With max vitality it goes up to 740... while that, my mesa that has a 90ish% dmg reduction skill gets to have about 950 hp.

From all the time I've got on titania and from all I've seen on opinions of titania, it's easy to conclude that Titania was and IS currently performing below what she should be. Not saying she performs badly (Hell no, I use her for EVERYTHING!) but I'm saying is that she could be so much better, if DE cared for her, if not even slightly...

As others have suggested, her 1 and 3 should be rolled into a single ability. Tapping 1 adds a spellbind+lantern effect to a single enemy. Holding 1 does the same as AoE. Or perhaps just do away with the effect of her 1 entirely, as enemies following the lantern is functionally identical in most cases. Also, her 1 seems kind of disconnected? Why would it make allies immune to status effects?

I think her 2 is basically fine as it is, except the stacking mechanic is really stupid and makes the ability worthless. Make one tribute give a full buff, and have the buff scale with duration, strength, and range.

Razorwing is basically fine as it is. A few tweaks would be welcome, but I don't think it needs much. I wouldn't complain if Razorwing Blitz got rolled into the ability. She does need a way to regen razorflies though.

So, that leaves her with an empty ability slot. No clue what to put there. Perhaps something to help energy regen?

@GeoffFromAccounting

On the energy bump on Primed...
Firmly believe the 225e is gonna be a Primed feature. Might also get better armor/shield, maybe. I hope.

On countering her absurd throughput...
Neither Zenny or Pizzas work in Razorwing. This is why Blitzwing is so damn premium. Octavia`s regen effect is a little too slow/passsive and would be disabled by Razorwing anyways; if it wasn`t, fuel costs would still eat that and still want more. Plus.... Just handing off long-duration sustain like that would be a bit much. I`d rather see some way to subsidize her fuel, ie, a "pause" to the fuel drain when she casts another ability. Another idea would be to have a portion of the drained energy (50%?) be saved in a buff while in Razorwing, and if you spend like, 8s out of Razorwing, the accumulated saved fuel is refunded.

On 1...
Takes some practice, but I`m pretty quick to throwing it whenever I find myself in a poison cloud, on fire, or bleeding. I`ve also used it in Radiation sorties, and practiced it for a dumb Eidolon-Hunting variant build that was more to see if I could do it than to be effective (way more effor than it was worth). It`s also the go-to way to get Blitz stacks, since you don`t need to find more enemies to use it (like 2, and 3 if it kills) and it`s your cheapest ability (1/3 the cost of 3).

On 2...
1) Not 250 base, 1000 base (250x4). Your suggestion does address this (reason I noted it did).
2) Thorns is almost impossible to balance. Damage reflect is a very black-and-white stat where it`s either completely worthless, or completely overpowered. Considering Titania herself has evasion-based survivability (lots of CC (Spellbind and Lantern), an Acc debuff (Dust), and an Eva buff / Agro Split (Razorwing)), a damage reflect isn`t really gonna fit on her in the first place. Which sucks, because thematically it`s gorgeous. Entangle yeah a significant range bump (30m like Dust, maybe?) or a very large slow (I`m talking like 80%~90% or so when maxed) and it`d have its uses. Full Moon is still gonna be kinda lame unless you`re supporting a Khora or three- assuming it buffs Venari too.
3) The rework idea I`ve been toying with off and on for a month or two merges the buff tracks to where each pull just adds the next effect, making it so it`s the stack count not the enemy pool that determines what you get. Maybe I`ll dust it off and finish it since I might have an idea for what to replace thorns with.

Oh and on the idea that mods would make Dust too good, keep in mind most people run Narrow Minded. 30m cut down to 10m would make Dust kinda useless. Modless is a double-edged sword. It lets you sacrifice a stat you otherwise couldn't, like Range on Bless Trin.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

6 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

"Instead of giving her a new ability, how about Spellbind replenishes Razorflies when cast on Titania in Razorwing?"

While the idea is not bad, it's counter intuitive and the reason why the augment "Razorwing Blitz" is a niche. Titania needs energy to stay in razorwing, and using skills to get the razorflies back will only reduce the time she can be in razorwing.

Blitzwing is why I thought of that idea, because chances are you're casting Spellbind anyway to get the Blitz stacks due to it being the cheapest of her abiliteis to cast. Though this may potentially make Razorwing Blitz feel mandatory to at least get something out of the energy expenditure. The only other idea I could think of to replenish Razorflies without ability casting is by performing some sort of kill criteria (e.g melee, headshots, etc.) but I didn't think that was as fitting.

6 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

The other part of titania, her base warframe stats are also bad in some ways. Most of all her low base energy (she's a caster frame with 150 max energy at rank 30!) and her low hp. The armor she has isn't great (65 armor) but it ain't that bad. But 300 max hp at rank 30? With max vitality it goes up to 740... while that, my mesa that has a 90ish% dmg reduction skill gets to have about 950 hp.

Assuming Dust is made easier and cheaper to upkeep, survivability shouldn't be as severe an issue, even moreso if the auras are made to be affected with mods. It might not save her from a bombard rocket or butcher, but neither will abilities like Turbulence or Shattershield, so it's not that unheard of. This isn't even counting any of her CC, which completely stops enemies from shooting at her, or Razorwings evasion and aggro diversion.

3 hours ago, Netist said:

As others have suggested, her 1 and 3 should be rolled into a single ability. Tapping 1 adds a spellbind+lantern effect to a single enemy. Holding 1 does the same as AoE. Or perhaps just do away with the effect of her 1 entirely, as enemies following the lantern is functionally identical in most cases. Also, her 1 seems kind of disconnected? Why would it make allies immune to status effects?

As I said before, I do believe the abilities are different enough to warrant them being seperate, and I'm not sure how I'd feel losing Spellbind's status immunity. I may not remember it's there most the time (which is my fault more than the games), but when I do I'm incredibly grateful it exists.

2 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

On countering her absurd throughput...
Neither Zenny or Pizzas work in Razorwing. This is why Blitzwing is so damn premium. Octavia`s regen effect is a little too slow/passsive and would be disabled by Razorwing anyways; if it wasn`t, fuel costs would still eat that and still want more. Plus.... Just handing off long-duration sustain like that would be a bit much. I`d rather see some way to subsidize her fuel, ie, a "pause" to the fuel drain when she casts another ability. Another idea would be to have a portion of the drained energy (50%?) be saved in a buff while in Razorwing, and if you spend like, 8s out of Razorwing, the accumulated saved fuel is refunded.

Ah, I think we may have differing philosophies on Razorwing. I've always seen it as something to hop in and out of, not stay in for the entire mission (not unlike Valkyr's Hysteria or Mesa's Peacemaker). That being said, I can certainly see where you're coming from, and I certainly won't complain if Razorwing gets some sort of energy subsidisation. I like your idea of that by the way, and is probably the best solution I've seen that would benefit both players that stay in Razorwing most of the mission, and those that use it in bursts.

On 1...
Takes some practice, but I`m pretty quick to throwing it whenever I find myself in a poison cloud, on fire, or bleeding. I`ve also used it in Radiation sorties, and practiced it for a dumb Eidolon-Hunting variant build that was more to see if I could do it than to be effective (way more effor than it was worth). It`s also the go-to way to get Blitz stacks, since you don`t need to find more enemies to use it (like 2, and 3 if it kills) and it`s your cheapest ability (1/3 the cost of 3).

When I remember about the status immunity I'm grateful it exists, it's just remembering it that's the difficult bit (and that's not a game issue, that's just me).

On 2...
1) Not 250 base, 1000 base (250x4). Your suggestion does address this (reason I noted it did).
2) Thorns is almost impossible to balance. Damage reflect is a very black-and-white stat where it`s either completely worthless, or completely overpowered. Considering Titania herself has evasion-based survivability (lots of CC (Spellbind and Lantern), an Acc debuff (Dust), and an Eva buff / Agro Split (Razorwing)), a damage reflect isn`t really gonna fit on her in the first place. Which sucks, because thematically it`s gorgeous. Entangle yeah a significant range bump (30m like Dust, maybe?) or a very large slow (I`m talking like 80%~90% or so when maxed) and it`d have its uses. Full Moon is still gonna be kinda lame unless you`re supporting a Khora or three- assuming it buffs Venari too.
3) The rework idea I`ve been toying with off and on for a month or two merges the buff tracks to where each pull just adds the next effect, making it so it`s the stack count not the enemy pool that determines what you get. Maybe I`ll dust it off and finish it since I might have an idea for what to replace thorns with.

1) Oh I'm well aware, I only considered one aura when writing that because if 250 is absurd, then 1000 is ludicrous
2) You have a point there. I've never liked how Warframe does damage reflection, and it's a shame because it's a mechanic that seems cool in theory. I'm not sure what else to replace Thorns with though, maybe a damage buff of some sort? I'd have to think that one through some more. Assuming Pets 2.0 comes out in either of our lifetimes, that should make Full Moon a nice buff to have for anyone who uses pets, though it would unfortunately be pretty much a dead buff for Sentinel users.
3) I'm interested to see what you come up with. From the sound of it, it could be interesting (in a good way).

Oh and on the idea that mods would make Dust too good, keep in mind most people run Narrow Minded. 30m cut down to 10m would make Dust kinda useless. Modless is a double-edged sword. It lets you sacrifice a stat you otherwise couldn't, like Range on Bless Trin.

I didn't even think of that, I just always assumed Range would be something most would want on Titania due to Spellbind and Lantern. But we all know what they say about assumptions, so that's my fault. Moddable auras is probably something that would need to be tested quite a bit to see if it's worth implementing, or if it's just better to have them remain unaffected by mods.

@GeoffFromAccounting

On flitting in and out of Razorwing, imo cast times are a bit prohibitive and gunship mode is kinda very fun. Blitzwing also loses its blitz stacks completely when you land, which discourages a toggle style when you're using it.

Related, on the idea of running increased range.... Most people only use her 4 in my experience, my older self almost included if not for my actually maintaining Dust in Sortie 2/3 as well. My original build for her ran something like 160-167-34-200 eff-dur-rng-str. Shortly prior to Blitz's release, I switched to a 175-102-100-200 set which could actually get use out of everything, but then Blitz came out and needed duration.

Post-blitz I switched back to something close to the first one for my Plains build (dropping all survivability mods in the process), while the other dropped dura from 102 to somewhere between 70 and 90 and strength to 170 for the latter as full blitz on tileset maps is just waaaaay too fast for most tiles/doors (so having a full blitz decay reasonably quick is kinda actually a boon).

I've actually been running a 40% str no-blitz build as of late with a 47m radius lantern, partly to get myself better acquainted with the rest of her kit, partly because I wanted a decent unusual support option. Nicknamed the build "E-767 AWACS". Those other two builds are "YF-12 Archangel" and "A-10 Thunderbolt II", respectively, if you were curious lol.

Edited by TheBlueJelly
missed the "imo" on the opening sentence lol didn't mean to state opinion as fact

Agree with pretty much everything you're saying.  I've pointed these same issues out to DE on multiple occassions and had no reply though, but hopefully one day we'll manage to make them realise that nobody plays Titania because she just doesn't work the way she should.

Just going to post my thoughts on her abilities too.

1: Spellbind

Current State:- Takes too long to cast, has a terrible range, enemies will often randomly ignore it's effects.

Suggested Changes:- Halve the cast time so that it better matches the first abilities of other frames.  Double it's range.  Fix whatever is causing enemies to ignore it so that everything inside the AoE is levitated.

2: Tribute

Current State:- Underwhelming buffs. Unclear as to what any of them do because their effects are so negligible.  Costs more energy than Titania can hold in order to get them to full power.

Suggested Changes:- Add descriptions to each buff on Titania's ability screen so player's don't have to keep opening the Warframe Wiki to work out what is meant to be happening.  Make each buff be at full power on the first pickup so the player doesn't have to scavenge for energy or use a large energy restore just to get it to it's maximum potential (no other warframe needs to 'power up' their abilities by recasting so why should Titania?)  Change the buffs so they give a percentage according to Titania's Power Strength.  Change the buffs to effects that actually benefit the player and team, such as follows:

Dust - Increases weapon damage by 10% to Titania and all party members within affinity range.  Percentage increases by 1% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 10% buff, 200% Power Strength = 20% buff etc.)

Thorns - Increases armour by 20% for Titania and all party members within affinity range.  Percentage increases by 2% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 20% buff, 200% Power Strength = 40% buff etc.)

Entangle - Provides 3 health per second regeneration to Titania, all party members and companions (Kubrows/Kavats/Helminth Chargers/Sentinels) within affinity range (Similar to Rejuvenation Aura mod).  Percentage increases by 0.3% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 3h/s, 200% Power Strength = 6h/s etc.)

Full Moon - Increases Crit Chance and Crit Multiplier by 30% for all companions (Kubrows/Kavats/Helminth Chargers/Sentinels) within affinity range.  Percentage increases 3% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 30% buff, 200% Power Strength = 60% buff etc.)

Additional Quality Of Life Change - When Titania is targetting an enemy with her crosshair, the icon of the tribute buff that enemy provides is shown next to their name/health bar, making it easier for players to know what they will be getting when casting the ability.

3: Lantern

Current State:- Targetted enemies will float into the sky.  Other enemies within it's area of effect will completely ignore it unless they look directly at it.  Damage aura is hardly ever effective due to target floating into space.  Some targetted enemies will rubberband off the map or turn into ghosts and negate the effect

Suggested Changes:- Targetted enemy will ragdoll a few inches from the ground, but will stay in a fixed position and cannot be moved under any circumstances.  Enemies that move into it's effect radius will immediately be effected by it without needing to look at it first.  Issue with damage aura will be fixed by these two changes.  Fix whatever is causing enemies to spaghettify or turn in to ghosts so the ability doesn't become wasted energy.

4: Razorwing

Current State:- Razorwing butterflies will only last a few seconds in high level content.  Switching in to razorwing form will cause beast companions (Kubrow/Kavat/Helminth Charger) to dissappear.  Switching off razorwing can have a variety of bugs associated with it (Weapons not firing, weapons not reloading, unable to switch weapons, player teleports across the map, player location desyncs from other party members, sentinels or other companions do not return).  Getting knocked down while in razorwing has a variety of bugs associated with it (Player cannot be revived, player is downed with primary weapon in hand and cannot fire or switch weapons after revive, player teleports across the map or under the map, player location desyncs from other party members, sentinels or other companions do not return).  Razorwing form is targetted by anti-archwing turrets on the Plains Of Eidolon and will instantly kill Titania due to their incredibly high damage output, this is unavoidable as Titania has no defensive abilities against missiles like archwings do.

Suggested Changes:- Increase Razorwing Butterfly shield, health and armour to a percentage of Titania's current health, shields and armour (also taking buffs in to account).  Keep beast companions active while in razorwing form.  Allow sentinel effects such as vaccuum to persist on Titania during razorwing form. Fix the many bugs associated with switching off razorwing form, both from the player turning it off manually and from it being turned off by the player being knocked down.  Remove razorwing form from the anti-archwing missile targetting on the Plains Of Eidolon.

Additional Quality Of Life Change - While in razorwing form, if Titania has lost any Razorwing Butterflies, allow the player to spawn a new one (up to her maximum of 6) by pressing the alt-fire button (Default: Middle Mouse Button) at the cost of 5 energy each.  This will allow her to keep them active without having to turn Razorwing off and back on again.

Passive: Dust Bloom

Current State:- Feels very light for a passive, has barely any noticable difference overall.

Suggested Changes:- Add an additional effect.  Allow Titania to recover quicker from heavy landings than normal, to accentuate her lightfooted/floaty nature.  Also beneficial for moments when player is forced out of razorwing from a great height due to running out of energy or being within range of a nullifier's bubble or energy leech eximus.

Cosmetic Change: Fairy Wings

Current State:- Titania has two rubbery wings stuck to her waist which can cause clipping or physics issues with other cosmetic items such as syandanas, or the position of primary, secondary and melee weapons.

Suggested Changes:- Make Titania's wings an additional attachment, similar to Valkyr's wires and Nekros's tentacles.  This allows player to better control how their Titania looks without having to worry about her wings ruining her appearance.  Also opens up the possibility of adding purchasable wing designs on the marketplace, and for players to design wings for her in Tennogen.

That's pretty much everything.  Sorry for it being such a huge post but these are all things I've thought up over a long time while trying to get DE to notice that Titania is in a very bad state at the moment.

Edited by Konachibi

58 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

2: Tribute

Current State:- Underwhelming buffs. Unclear as to what any of them do because their effects are so negligible.  Costs more energy than Titania can hold in order to get them to full power.

Suggested Changes:- Add descriptions to each buff on Titania's ability screen so player's don't have to keep opening the Warframe Wiki to work out what is meant to be happening.  Make each buff be at full power on the first pickup so the player doesn't have to scavenge for energy or use a large energy restore just to get it to it's maximum potential (no other warframe needs to 'power up' their abilities by recasting so why should Titania?)  Change the buffs so they give a percentage according to Titania's Power Strength.  Change the buffs to effects that actually benefit the player and team, such as follows:

Dust - Increases weapon damage by 10% to Titania and all party members within affinity range.  Percentage increases by 1% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 10% buff, 200% Power Strength = 20% buff etc.)

Thorns - Increases armour by 20% for Titania and all party members within affinity range.  Percentage increases by 2% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 20% buff, 200% Power Strength = 40% buff etc.)

Entangle - Provides 3 health per second regeneration to Titania, all party members and companions (Kubrows/Kavats/Helminth Chargers/Sentinels) within affinity range (Similar to Rejuvenation Aura mod).  Percentage increases by 0.3% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 3h/s, 200% Power Strength = 6h/s etc.)

Full Moon - Increases Crit Chance and Crit Multiplier by 30% for all companions (Kubrows/Kavats/Helminth Chargers/Sentinels) within affinity range.  Percentage increases 3% per 10 Power Strength (E.G/ 100% Power Strength = 30% buff, 200% Power Strength = 60% buff etc.)

Additional Quality Of Life Change - When Titania is targetting an enemy with her crosshair, the icon of the tribute buff that enemy provides is shown next to their name/health bar, making it easier for players to know what they will be getting when casting the ability.

Dust - Changing this is a bad idea in my opinion, as it's Titania's main method of surviving outside of Razorwing and her CC, and those percentages are incredibly small considering frames like Rhino or Chroma can buff damage by at least 100%.

Thorns - A 20% armour increase at base is useless on Titania, and only benefits other frames with already high armour values. Assuming we keep Dust, this also becomes useless as Dust is already acting as a survival tool.

Entangle - Again, base value is far too low to be used in combat, where it would be most needed. I also don't think a healing ability fits with Titania's theme. Faeries are tricksters and miscreants, as well as vicious little things. They're not the lovely Fairies that grant wishes or watch over you; you do not mess with a Faerie.
All Entangle needs (imo) is either a large range increase (at least 20m, preferably 30m like Dust) or a heavy percentage increase (50%-75%) in order to make it workable.

Full Moon - I'm not sure if this really does anything to change the effectiveness of Full Moon. I feel as if this would need to be tested first.

Additional Quality Of Life Change - That actually seems like a pretty nice piece of QoL, though it might be confusing at first.

4: Razorwing

Current State:- Razorwing butterflies will only last a few seconds in high level content.  Switching in to razorwing form will cause beast companions (Kubrow/Kavat/Helminth Charger) to dissappear.  Switching off razorwing can have a variety of bugs associated with it (Weapons not firing, weapons not reloading, unable to switch weapons, player teleports across the map, player location desyncs from other party members, sentinels or other companions do not return).  Getting knocked down while in razorwing has a variety of bugs associated with it (Player cannot be revived, player is downed with primary weapon in hand and cannot fire or switch weapons after revive, player teleports across the map or under the map, player location desyncs from other party members, sentinels or other companions do not return).  Razorwing form is targetted by anti-archwing turrets on the Plains Of Eidolon and will instantly kill Titania due to their incredibly high damage output, this is unavoidable as Titania has no defensive abilities against missiles like archwings do.

Suggested Changes:- Increase Razorwing Butterfly shield, health and armour to a percentage of Titania's current health, shields and armour (also taking buffs in to account).  Keep beast companions active while in razorwing form.  Allow sentinel effects such as vaccuum to persist on Titania during razorwing form. Fix the many bugs associated with switching off razorwing form, both from the player turning it off manually and from it being turned off by the player being knocked down.  Remove razorwing form from the anti-archwing missile targetting on the Plains Of Eidolon.

I don't think Titania needs to be tankier stat wise, considering in Razorwing she not only gets a 50% evasion bonus, but also gets her Razorflies which will draw aggro away from Titania. All that would need to be done to help her survivability is to add a way to replenish the Razorflies, which would keep enemies from shooting Titania. Speaking of:

Additional Quality Of Life Change - While in razorwing form, if Titania has lost any Razorwing Butterflies, allow the player to spawn a new one (up to her maximum of 6) by pressing the alt-fire button (Default: Middle Mouse Button) at the cost of 5 energy each.  This will allow her to keep them active without having to turn Razorwing off and back on again.

This is actually a pretty elegent solution that I'm surprised that I didn't think of before. I like this idea quite a bit actually.

1 hour ago, Konachibi said:

Passive: Dust Bloom

Current State:- Feels very light for a passive, has barely any noticable difference overall.

Suggested Changes:- Add an additional effect.  Allow Titania to recover quicker from heavy landings than normal, to accentuate her lightfooted/floaty nature.  Also beneficial for moments when player is forced out of razorwing from a great height due to running out of energy or being within range of a nullifier's bubble or energy leech eximus.

I like this as well actually, and it works well with her current passive.

Cosmetic Change: Fairy Wings

Current State:- Titania has two rubbery wings stuck to her waist which can cause clipping or physics issues with other cosmetic items such as syandanas, or the position of primary, secondary and melee weapons.

Suggested Changes:- Make Titania's wings an additional attachment, similar to Valkyr's wires and Nekros's tentacles.  This allows player to better control how their Titania looks without having to worry about her wings ruining her appearance.  Also opens up the possibility of adding purchasable wing designs on the marketplace, and for players to design wings for her in Tennogen.

Normally I approve of any additional fashionframe options, but I feel like Titania's wings are integral to her identity, and without them she wouldn't feel right. Not to mention that Razorwing without her Faerie wings wouldn't look right imo. If enough people want this I won't argue against it, but I don't agree with it.

Didn't comment on any of the bugs, because that goes without saying that they should be fixed.

Well the reason for the lower values on my Tribute suggestions would be because they are buffs that are very easy to keep active, can run for a long time, and are mobile so long as Titania is still mobile.  If you run a 200% power strength build on Titania, having a near-permanent 20% weapon damage seems a lot more reasonable than a 100% weapon damage buff that can follow everyone around.  I was trying to keep it balanced, though DE would know more of what percentages would be a better balance than I would.

Second, I wasn't suggesting a way to make Titania more tanky, I was suggesting a way to make her Razorflies more tanky.  In high level content I've seen Grineer Troopers 1-shot them the moment they spawn, and the other 5 dieing off shortly afterwards.  While in Razorwing mode Titania can last for a very long time with the right build, but her Razorflies do not, which is why I was suggesting giving them more shields/health/armour (Note: I'd forgotten that they were called Razorflies and not Razorwing Butterflies while writing my previous post so that is likely where the confusion came from).

As for the wings, I do understand what you mean, but when you try putting long syandanas on like cloaks and capes, their physics will often get screwey when moving around because of Titania's wings (I often see my Dex Nouchali Syandana roll up into a ball around her neck after it 'bounces' off the wings).  One thing I should have added though is that regardless of if the player has the wings attached or not during normal play with Titania, her wings will appear when she's in Razorwing form.  In the case of them not being attached, her default wings will appear in Razorwing, and if the player is using alternative wings, then those will be used instead.

Example of wings causing problems with syandanas:

itkpzDA.jpg

I think the worst part about this however is how Khora is getting this special 'damage control' treatment upon release when for the most part her kit works as intended, while Titania and her mountain of problems was brushed aside after release and she was left to rot.  It'd be nice if DE could at least just acknowledge that they're aware of the problems with Titania so we know we aren't just spitting noise.

Edited by Konachibi

Well the reason for the lower values on my Tribute suggestions would be because they are buffs that are very easy to keep active, can run for a long time, and are mobile so long as Titania is still mobile.  If you run a 200% power strength build on Titania, having a near-permanent 20% weapon damage seems a lot more reasonable than a 100% weapon damage buff that can follow everyone around.  I was trying to keep it balanced, though DE would know more of what percentages would be a better balance than I would.

I still believe that even for that the values are too low, especially considering that the suggestions you gave for Dust (which I still think should be untouched) are worse than Madurai's passives at base, and would require a a high power strength build to make it better than Madurai. The healing one you suggested is worse than Oberon's Renewal, and comparable to Venari's heal when it works (which isn't saying much). Percentage based armour increases, unless the value is ridiculously high, are always going to favour high armour frames due to the nature of percentages. I also still believe that neither of the last two buffs fit Titania's theme of being a Faerie, not to be confused with a Fairy, as they're two entirely different things. Neither a heal or an armour buff seem fitting of a vicious trickster or miscreant.

Second, I wasn't suggesting a way to make Titania more tanky, I was suggesting a way to make her Razorflies more tanky.  In high level content I've seen Grineer Troopers 1-shot them the moment they spawn, and the other 5 dieing off shortly afterwards.  While in Razorwing mode Titania can last for a very long time with the right build, but her Razorflies do not, which is why I was suggesting giving them more shields/health/armour (Note: I'd forgotten that they were called Razorflies and not Razorwing Butterflies while writing my previous post so that is likely where the confusion came from).

Ahh, I see. Then yes, I do agree her flies need a survivability buff. My suggestion would be to give them a damage absorption period ala Iron Skin or Snowglobe, which would give them scaling health.

As for the wings, I do understand what you mean, but when you try putting long syandanas on like cloaks and capes, their physics will often get screwey when moving around because of Titania's wings (I often see my Dex Nouchali Syandana roll up into a ball around her neck after it 'bounces' off the wings).  One thing I should have added though is that regardless of if the player has the wings attached or not during normal play with Titania, her wings will appear when she's in Razorwing form.  In the case of them not being attached, her default wings will appear in Razorwing, and if the player is using alternative wings, then those will be used instead.

I'm well aware with how long Syandanas work with Titania, which is why I choose not to use them on her. I still believe that her wings are too integral to her identity, unlike Nekros "dangly bits" or Valkyr's Bonds, Titania just isn't the same without them. But at this point we're arguing about art, and that's always going to be subjective.

• 1 month later...

Bumpity bump, this is a good post. DE should definitely consider this when they come around to Titania.

Also, to add, I'd like to propose an augment for spell bind (1st ability), allies affected regenerate xx amount of health per second and enemies affected take xx% more damage.

7 hours ago, Hammahness808 said:

Also, to add, I'd like to propose an augment for spell bind (1st ability), allies affected regenerate xx amount of health per second and enemies affected take xx% more damage.

Seems interesting, but it also seems like a straight buff to the ability without really adding any new interesting tactics. I'd propose to add that affect with a weakened CC (for example: a slow instead of the current ragdoll floating), and maybe let the heal apply to allies, so that way you're trading hard CC for support.

I'd like to see the disarm effect on Spellbind be permanent, since enemies don't usually float too far away unless they're exceptionally tanky and you have a weapon that can push them far, enemies who don't die can just get right back up and begin shooting again. A little redundant, yes, because 1) targets who are Spellbound are supposed to be killed quickly and 2) it's pretty much Lokis thing already, but it'd be some nice utility to have.

7 hours ago, goga_gola said:

I'd like to see the disarm effect on Spellbind be permanent, since enemies don't usually float too far away unless they're exceptionally tanky and you have a weapon that can push them far, enemies who don't die can just get right back up and begin shooting again. A little redundant, yes, because 1) targets who are Spellbound are supposed to be killed quickly and 2) it's pretty much Lokis thing already, but it'd be some nice utility to have.

Actually that's not a bad idea, and it certainly fits her faerie theme quite well. My only concern would be if such a permament CC effect is a little much for a first ability (and one that already does a hard CC at that)

On 2018-05-26 at 3:15 PM, GeoffFromAccounting said:

Actually that's not a bad idea, and it certainly fits her faerie theme quite well. My only concern would be if such a permament CC effect is a little much for a first ability (and one that already does a hard CC at that)

Could always make it an augment, since Spellbind doesn't currently have an augment mod yet.