Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

As of Update 22.19.1

Normal onslaught seems to spawn more or majority zone where the faction is grineer, next is corrupt. Grineer' armor make the game much harder (not in a good way), while corrupt is harder due to the mix-pot from Infested, Corpus, Grineer.

Corpus is decent, and somewhat balanced to me. Infested is more of a rest-stop in onslaught where efficiency can be refill.

So having multiple grineer normal onslaught zone will deplete the efficiency pool much faster, unless players have Maiming strike (king of all cheese). This is speaking after an encounter with 4 to 5 grineer/corrupt faction out of the 6 zones in normal onslaught. Of course, 0% efficiency and game ends.

got khora finally .... no incentive to play now.

with how the drop rates of khora were - i'm skipping the vandals

still want to see the progression of zones based off specific riven based tasks .

Kill 50 enemies while sliding..... kill 50 enemies with secondaries only etc 

THAT is more of a challenge than spamshequinoxq

This mode needs an affinity range boost. Some maps are very small and you're just always in range of each other. Others are very spread out and you can easily be out of range. There's no reason to discourage people from splitting up to clear by having affinity range issues. 

There's also a map, I think it's a kuva fortress map possibly, that involves a deep hole down to another area right by the starting point. That is also the exit point for the map. Sometimes it's difficult to get back up to the portal at the end of the zone. The portal on that tileset should just be moved to the bottom center platform where most of the mobs are during the zone instead of at the top of the hole. 

21 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Also, small bug, but it seems like I'm having a weirdly hard time picking up orbs to bring back my kitteh, even if I make sure I take damage. Anyone else noticing that? 

not a bug....the bug was that kubrows/kavats were being revived with health orbs when they were in bleedout....now you HAVE to revive them manually.....if that is what you mean?

this was fixed probably about a month or 2 ago.

On topic: wth did you do to focus gains...even WITH a booster I dont get what i used to get....and it seems to be getting worse and worse with each hotfix....i for one DO NOT want to be spending 2 hours everyday grinding focus (AGAIN...) i was perfectly happy with running onslaught normal to zone 11 and getting 135k focus....now...i barely get 50k by zone 8...at that point efficiency drain to kill ratio is crap.

Edited by Kalvorax

3 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

not a bug....the bug was that kubrows/kavats were being revived with health orbs when they were in bleedout....now you HAVE to revive them manually.....if that is what you mean?

It IS!  I didn't know it was a bug and honestly I figured it was a good feature.  Lots of times I'll be heading in the opposite direction when the kitteh gets one shotted, so tearing into mobs to create an orb to save them became a tactic.

Thanks for the heads up!  

3 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

On topic: wth did you do to focus gains...even WITH a booster I dont get what i used to get....and it seems to be getting worse and worse with each hotfix....i for one DO NOT want to be spending 2 hours everyday grinding focus (AGAIN...) i was perfectly happy with running onslaught normal to zone 11 and getting 135k focus....now...i barely get 50k by zone 8...at that point efficiency drain to kill ratio is crap.

Honestly, the problem is that I don't want that to be the topic.  I want somewhere where I can have a blast fighting increasingly challenging mobs WITHOUT waiting 20 minutes for the nuke frames to fall apart or leave.  I don't look at focus when I'm having cathartic fun and I want to prioritize fun. 

Give me a focus-free version where I can skip the first 20 minutes and let them punch me in the face until I can't get back up and I'm happy (or whatever else can satisfy that urge.  I'm not anti-focus, it just seems to be pushing even harder into out-of-sight nuke frames, and I want to be motivated to engage)  Until then I'm going to gripe at Simaris until he gets his act together.  

Edited by FreeWilliam

After doing many runs in this mission there is only 1 thing to point out (in my opinion, of course)

WHY THE HELL IS ENERGY ORBS DROP RATE SO DAMN LOW???????????????????????

Are you forcing us to use zenurik for sanctuary onslaught?  Because I DONT think forcing people to play only 1 way (I mean, choosing zenurik) is a good idea.

Everything else around this mission is okay.

I'm really enjoying this mode! It calls for playing at the pace I usually prefer (fast, hard, and reckless), and it offers a very good way to farm focus. I also like that I can get radiant relics of all sorts from the Elite mode, and that having no loot drops from enemies means that Vacuum isn't nearly as important as it usually is. My one major complaint is that efficiency seems to drop off very hard after about zone 10, at a rate that feels like a one-zone transition between easy to futile, usually kicking my public squads out in no more than two zones after it starts to drop. This means that we don't get to bask in the pressure for very long, which is a bit disappointing.

This is a great addition to the game. After the fixes I enjoy it very much. I play with fandoms and I play only elite. I think the efficiency curve after round 8 is too steep. It#s easy to reach 8, its hard to stay after. I suggest to make the curve more linear.

The efficiency mechanic is feeling very wonky since the last hotfix or so. Even though I seem to be killing enemies very swiftly at zone 7-8 efficiency starts dropping like a rock no matter what I do. Sometimes the efficiency orbs also bug and don't work which compounds the issue. At its base the mode is fun but it's very frustrating to not even be able to finish rotation C consistently. I suppose I should note that I am running it solo. Still packing Nidus, Saryn, Equinox and other high cheese frames and weapons should let me get to zone 8 on normal mode somewhat comfortably, no? 

Edited by Riot_Inducer

For an endless mode the fact that DE artificially throttles efficency rendering unfeasible going beyond stage 8 without exploits or cheese builds indipendently of player proficency is baffling... like much of the crap they'we fed us so far like Ember mess, Khora patchjob of a kit etc...

On one hand DE have a lot to patch up and revise, and are doing the best job they can at it, considering that they also need to keep pushing out content to sustain player interest, on the other hand, from time to time they come up with ideas so bad as to be baffling...

Onslaught mode can potentially offer a challenging and fun diversion from the main game, with a lot of potential and tweacks jet to explore, but so far the impression is that each subsequent patch is doing its damnedest best to kick out players from the game mode as soon as they reach area 8 or even sooner, while nerfing any and all benefit there are to gain in other to dilute results and compel players to invest far more time than necessary to obtain all current desiderable prizes...

It feels unfair and frustrating considering all the bugs still present, often exacerbated by other players dikery as well (see hosts ditching the mission leaving anyone else with no prizes...), and so far runs counter to the fact that the mode should have been fun in itself to run indipendently of rewards

Aside for the occasional conduit bugging out because of host migration and rewards not showing up due to host lagging (which coming back from 5 month hiatus was a real hit on nostalgia), the efficiency need to scale with squad size. It really becomes impossible to maintain efficiency when 2 or more plays bailout before zone 8. With reasons range from "I only need rewards from rotation A and/or B" or "I'm not carrying this scrub <insert warframe here>". Really feels like time is being wasted when the part I need is only from rotation C (at a really low drop chance at that). Inb4 "Just find a group in recruit chat" or "form a static squid from your clan m8" (I'm not your "m8", bud).

20 hours ago, Ikusias said:

and so far runs counter to the fact that the mode should have been fun in itself to run independently of rewards

We've definitely got an issue with incentives here.

I don't find going to ANY mission and not getting to engage with the enemy entertaining, much less racing around the map to find whatever survived the Trinity, Saryn, and Equinox in my group that are all going to bail early.  

I don't like that I'm feeling negative when I see those frames, they're awesome frames but they're LITERALLY taking all the fun away for me until they leave.

And then Simaris gives me a tiny bit of fun, but then he starts talking absolute nonsense and stops feeding me before I've gotten a reason to use half my bag of tricks.  Same issue when I'm not going full-gratuitous-melee...my Birb wrecks but she runs into the same problems.

Solution-wise...well, for starters give us targets that none of us can one-shot starting in round ONE, right?  The first few rounds of elite are just watching things vanish in puffs of smoke.

Also, I know lots of things are way more complicated behind the scenes, but it seems like there are still some powers that are getting crazy abused and making it less fun for everyone else.  Why can't Simaris throw in some random disabling so that none of us can take anything for granted?  

If we REALLY want this to be for focus farming, give us some modes that are ACTIVELY UNFRIENDLY to various types of cheese (we all have our own definitions) so that we're motivated to enter into the gameplay we want. 

I'm taking @[DE]Steve at his word when he says he wants us to have our fun in 20 minute chunks...we should get places where we can spend the ENTIRE 20 minutes with worthy foes...not balloons that pop before we can even point a gun at them.

Edited by FreeWilliam

IMO Onslaught has a design flaw - it's very prone to result in wasted time. I don't even mean the grind itself (surprise-surprise), but the 8 wave "goal". Most active (and strong) players are already done with farming. Left are the weaker players, who are not able to hold until 8 even in full squad, or the players who drop in just to farm some affinity, leave early and don't care about the rest of their squad. And you can't even figure it out until you're 10 mins in.

This is somewhat different from regular missions, because there you usually know if you can finish it solo, you don't count on someone doing everything for you and you're actually "punished" if you fail. In Onslaught you technically can't fail, and you are not punished in any way even if your actions lead to what other squad members consider failing.

Another thing is that even though I like the idea of fast affinity/focus farming, the massive amount of grinding in Onslaught I went through lead me to think I just wouldn't want to play it at all for a long time.

CAN YOU PLEASE for the love of any deity,  add a feature or choice where people can join in on an onslaught run already in progress, with all these host migrations and quitters, some of us who are trying to get the last few pieces of the vandal sets are lucky to get past wave 6 solo which is making those rotation c drops a freaking nightmare to obtain, and to have people brag how they screwed over a group leaving early is getting a little old as well

Can we get some other reward once we have the captura scenes? I mean when you get more than one it starts to feel like a slap in the face, cause what are you going to do with them? Trade them? The market must be flooded with them by now. Sell them? Can't they are not able to be sold, So what are we suppose to do with something that is literally useless. Maybe you can have it so when we get two(One to keep and one to trade just to be fair.) after that we receive some other reward like a synthetic shard.

I tried Onslaught solo normal several times and I gotta say, I dislike this mode.

Never have I been able to reach wave 8 due to efficiency tanking so fast that killing enemies feels like it's just wasting extra time.
The real problem, however, is the fact that this feels like survival. Pick up thing to extend time, kill things to extend time some more. Only the pickup in this mode is almost not worth the time walking towards it.
The extra A rotation needs to go, several years ago. Captura scenes are the biggest downer in terms of rewards in this.
Lastly, the random component on this. It would have been great if there were arenas made specific for this. Unfortunately we get random existing tilesets that can be too big. Worst is when it comes up to Europa or Eris which nobody, especially not the AI can navigate.

For ps4 ive noticed that its 50/50 getting efficiency up via kills or the pickups. Like in it either counts or the thing keeps draining like you didn't do anything for awhile.

The mode is pretty fun but running after and trying to find enemies in the multi roomed maps is a pain.

singlar roomed or large open rooms like the corpus hanger I find more enjoyable.

As it stands right now I'll probably just buy khora. The mode is a good idea I'd like to see an exterminate version of it. I see what your goin for but I'm goin to give it a pass.

Also could we get smaller tilesets for solo players.

I'm trying man, I really am trying, but it's getting hard to even get to round 6 or 7 at the moment, let alone round 8

I just want them vandal parts man

people are just starting the mission, then "oh there's no equinox in this group" and then they leave so you get 2 or 3 host migrations before round 2

and even then people just leave and then thats it i cant get to round 8.

getting tired

Martin

edit: and theres another day wasted

Edited by Camberwell

I'm sure many have already stated it, but let me reiterate 20 minutes for a 1/50 chance to get the right drop is farcical, especially when at this point having a whole group by wave 8 is as rare as a pink unicorn that speaks latin.

Efficiency as a concept needs to go. There is zero fun in fighting against some arbitrary time limit that you will fail due to straight RNG.

It makes it aggressively unfun and heavily limits the load outs you can use to make it work.

Edited by (PS4)Cynicaid