Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Just now, Zaelesh said:

Ok that makes sense. Fair enough. I only wish the leaderboards gave something other than publicity. Being #1 in the game should totally give you a few hundred plat atleast.

Yea that would be nice, but they said they didn't want the game mode to become meta-ish or whatever. 

Just now, MobyTheDuck said:

IMO, they just need to make it one reward per wave and remove the big tilesets, like Europa and Moon, since enemies always get stuck and cant reach you.

Exactly. The map widely effects the combat. It's frustrating to not be able to find any because the map is too big and complex.

6 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

Problem is too many relics in there with too high rates. 2 Zones for 1 unradiant relic in the normal mode is not worth my time and effort.

you do realize that it's the same time frame as survival 1 zone= 2:30 min 2 zones= 5 min survival rotation every 5 min

4 minutes ago, geo223 said:

you do realize that it's the same time frame as survival 1 zone= 2:30 min 2 zones= 5 min survival rotation every 5 min

Except onslaught takes way more effort. Efficiency is racing against you far more than air is, and the enemys are much tougher. Plus with the rank system actually mattering in my suggestion, More rewards is fair.

Edited by Zaelesh

2 minutes ago, Zaelesh said:

Except onslaught takes way more effort. Efficiency is racing against you far more than air is. 

This is quickly heading back into the risk/reward aspect of game design.
I do concur that the reward part is lacking a bit, especially when you're completely reliant on how fast enemies spawn, and how fast they make their way to you.

I think it's fine and really like the efficiency concept. It requires different builds that aren't typical endurance ones. I warmly welcome variety on that matter. That being said I wouldn't mind some extra loot per wave depending on your score like credits or endo. It doesn't have to be spectacular, just something to acknowledge the performance.

Edited by sixmille

1 minute ago, Zaelesh said:

Except onslaught takes way more effort. Efficiency is racing against you far more than air is. 

It's meant to be harder than survival. I can understand the problem with getting normal relics for increased difficulty in the normal onslaught. However, the elite gives radiant relics( or at least its supposed to) and focus procs ( or whatever it is), so for me at least it feels like a fair trade-off.

5 minutes ago, N44rivana said:

Ah, my bad. Thought I missed something.

It happens. Also, I just played Sanctuary Onslaught (normal) myself and encountered this bug. For me it happened when I entered operator mode while transitioning to a new area - perhaps the two are related?

Ha no, I'm happy that for once a game mode can't be ruined by someone with the attention span of a goldfish. There are enough game modes for this kind of players. I don't mind people who just want to do quick 5 minute matches, but I'm also happy that there's something like this for longer runs.

I went in straight for the "elite mode" and I gotta say I'm quite disappointed.

Focus? Dont care, all schools maxed long ago.

Loot? The only things I want have pathetically low drop chances.

Fun? Not really. Its just amped up spawns survival mode with a counter that depletes faster and faster as you go on. Nothing special.

Gameplay; Annoying to say the least. Efficiency counter based on kills is stupid. Macaroni for 10% extra time on the clock is also stupid. Having that go down faster the further in you get doesnt make it any more fun, it just killed my run because I got dumped on a tile with enemies spread extremely thin and I couldnt get to them fast enough to stay in.

Suggestions:

Get rid of the efficiency counter or adjust it accordingly for solo vs squads and the tile you are on or stop it from counting down faster as you go farther.

Get rid of macaroni because its as annoying as convergence orbs or make the dang things give more than 10 seconds so theres actually a reason to hunt for the things instead of seeking kills that might be so spread out you're damned if you do and daned if you dont.

Take a longer look at the tiles this mode dumps you on. Some are nice and small and easy to get kills fast on, others are massive to the point where you could look around and see maybe one or two (speaking from solo perspective, mileage may vary)

Fix drop tables. Almost 20% chance to get relics that most people who are at "endgame" levels dont need while the few desired weapon parts have an abysmally low drop chance which makes me think that DE knows the game mode isnt going to be played for anything other than special prizes and is trying to force longievity for the game mode by having drop chances so bad you have no choice but to play only this for 3 months straight.

Alternative for Efficiency:

The efficiency counter is stupid and shouldnt be there constantly ticking down faster and faster. Its a pointless addition. Increase zone time to 4 minutes, and have the efficiency meter be a "timer countdown speed" rate instead.

Example:

Start zone, 4 minutes on timer, Eff meter at 100%, time ticks down as normal.

Kill numerous enemies, Eff meter goes to 150%, time ticks down 50% faster to get to the next zone faster

Dont kill fast enough, Eff meter drops to 50%, time ticks 50% slower

With that, one would ask "but whats stopping people from simply CC cheesing and waiting it out even at 50% slower time?"

Solution to that is Simaris. He already stops us from having abilities carry through from zone to zone, you could simply make the enemies inside the zone immune to specific forms of CC like sleep, stomp, bastille etc. for any more than 1-3 seconds or have Simaris disable abilities people spam too hard.

For additional consideration;

A huge part of "end game" play is setting up your weapons for specific factions. Corrosive and viral for grineer for example. With how sanctuary onslaught works, if you have your weapons crafted for grineer, they arent going to work as well against corpus. This is counter to what a player would normally do, so having constantly changing factions as it is seems to be anti player in my eyes.

This game mode feels like it was designed specifically for spin2win meta. The hoards, the constantly faster ticking down timer, this whole damn game mode just feels gross. The difficulty of being a solo player trying to do this is insane. Why does it feel like I'm being forced to squad up? Fix this.

Edited by Giantconch
If you havin readin problems I feel bad for you son I got 99 edits and reading aint one

I played around a bit, got an idea about what's good and what's bad (in my opinion) and I'm here to give you my feedback.
What I liked very much:
* number of mobs (most of the time, sometimes they just spawn too far or too sparse, more closer is the best)
* obtaining Vandals after so much time
* new scenes as rewards
* radiant relics
* eidolon shards
* peculiar bloom

What I dislike\hate\would change:

* the intense crossfire right after spawning (even if i'm still immobile), please give me 5 sec to get my bearing, then kill me how you please
* spawning with only 50 energy even if I had full energy before entering the Conduit, just leave me with the energy I got during the previous zone please, i earned that much
* if you reset buffs, abilities, combos and energy every time, then it's only fair to reset also life, shields and ammo
* only 2 Stimulus spawning per zone is too low for high level zones, I would suggest 1 more spawn every 3 or 5 zones
* no gear is just a penality, not a feature, and it's not as funny as "only snipers" or "dense fog", but damaging as much as rad proc for many reasons (for example, i can't drop a shield to help who's ressing me, or i can't drop one to ress others)
* no gear wheel but i can use the Spoiler Mode, which doesn't make sense even being all in virtual space
* rewards given every 2 successful zones (as if i can get a reward only after 2 extractors?), i would like a reward for each zone AT LEAST for the elite mode (one each extractor)
* endo as common reward on every rotation is not ok, stop doing that, please, rewards are already too diluted as it is
* transition between zones feels bad, i liked much more the transition used during void sabotages
* no Symaris standings by doing onslaught
* few focus points by synthetic eidolon shards
* everything is virtual, but focus points, the daily cap is still real, not virtual at all
* no drops from enemies, which i get for the part "they are just data-immortals so you don't get anything from it" but i still dont like, i get the part "there will be more rewards in the future" but it's still a big nope for me as it is at the moment
* efficency, as a name, please change it with "stability" or anything not linkable with exp
* requirements for Hystrix, building 2 weapons (and buy one more for credits) it's old, and to me it's not funny anymore, plus it's not lore plausible (and by that i mean, i can change proc on the fly? great, then ask me for frame parts as with Chroma, not more weapons)
* 3 new strikes, 2 new grips, why not 3-3?
* the absence of a quest for Khora besides the existing lore

I know this is just my opinion and as such has no value, but a constructive feedback is always better than nothing. What i did not mention it's ok, i liked it.

So a little about problems i met:

1. Me crashing. Yes, like a lot of other people. Happened after a portal opened. After reconnecting all progress is lost. 

2. Host crashing. If the host crashes then the session ends and everything is gone again. Exp and items.

3. Went through a portal in Zone 1, spawned mid air in Zone 2 above a location that respawns you if you drop. I got respawned in Zone 1 and died due to portal closing. 

Good part about it:

Extraction only when efficiency drops. It's great because it doesn't let people extract after a few zones for whatever reason and ruin other people's experience. Although it's only great if there are no crashes which cause progress loss lol. 

No need to fix the time of the portal closing, it's close enough to get there from whatever part of the map as long as you aren't idling or afk.

That's about it for now.

Edit: After the first update that happened a few minutes ago:

Got spawned in zone 1, zone 2 portal was opened, but there was a host migration. After the host migrated in the portal was gone, whole team was in zone 1 and efficiency kept dropping, couldn't advance to zone 2 .

Edit 21.04: 

Still having crashes sometimes when portal opens, forcing me to reboot my PC.

Found out why a squad can get separated. Host crashing causes host migration, which causes mob despawning. Then after the portal opens to the next zone and you pass through then every squad member is separated into different sessions to which other people can apparently join, but i'm not sure what the joining criteria is based on yet, because i only had 1 person join my session afterwards.

Edited by Shiniela

29 minutes ago, sixmille said:

Ha no, I'm happy that for once a game mode can't be ruined by someone with the attention span of a goldfish. There are enough game modes for this kind of players. I don't mind people who just want to do quick 5 minute matches, but I'm also happy that there's something like this for longer runs.

Sometimes something happens that forces you to cut the run short. I'd like it if there was a reliable way for the whole squad to extract, even if it wasn't available to individuals.

Just waiting for efficiency to run out isn't always that easy when you are being swarmed.

Biggest issue I'm hitting is that every tile set change, you lose some buffs, such as Inaros' scarab armor resets (Inaros is currently my best survivability frame, so noticed it there).  Perhaps others with abilities that reset on change.  Large pain with Inaros since it uses life (instead of energy) to charge that up.

It's always annoying when we have to leave by losing, but it's so so much more annoying when you build in people yelling at us and crapping on us for losing, when that is how every single mission we ever run will end.  The contrasting fawning on the reward screen then just feels more icky.  If you're going to do the ugly player fawning thing at least have the decency to not do it often/repeatedly.

Also, whoever thought the mode should be about focus but should only reward focus for the first 45 seconds out of every 150 is a pathological jerk.  You could have just picked a value that would work to run the bonus over the level, but you deliberately went out of your way to make most of the level unrewarding.  On top of eight rounds just to reach standard convergence orb gains.  What kind of mindset does it take to do things like that?  Every level has a built in "Well, that's over, now we slog through a meaningless grinder to the next level."  That's just ugly design.

Finally, having the next level start instantly for the first person through is flat out terrible.  The squad has to jump simultaneously or everyone takes a hit on focus and efficiency.  There's no good non-jerk reason to build this in where we have to gather around the new portal not touching it until everyone is there but still killing and then go through, just so we can avoid being handicapped at the start of the next level.  Just freeze at the end and start once everyone is through.

Have seen some weird behavior, like groups of enemies frozen who then start up when you trigger them.

Overall, the mode is...ok.  It's a basic, completely uninteresting, pressured meat-grinder, which is fine when someone feels like that.  It's not quite as bad as Diabo's rifts, at least, which do a ton to make D3 more boring and samey instead of less, but it does still have a little of that.  Chewing random enemies on random tiles at that rate quickly makes it just feel like you don't care where you are on what you killed (except that Grineer rounds are bonus rounds and everything else is "Well, maybe next round will be Grineer"). You're just scanning for targets and dropping whatever they are, constantly hurried but never really getting pleasure from much of anything that happens, then you leave with insults and fawning. Some rooms seem much more annoying to keep kills going, which also seems to depend on the spawning and enemies running away more than it really is about how well we play.  Waiting for spawns is particularly annoying in this mode, and kind of breaks the concept/mood entirely..

Outside the mode game play, I find this just a really lame misuse of Simaris and "Sanctuary", and it severely undercuts the previously existing subtly ominous tone of him,and what it sounded like Sanctuary was.  Plus, his voicing overall here seems incongruous.  Turning Sanctary into a pointless battle simulator like some toy Valhalla without feasting just feels so utterly underwhelming.  Now, that awesome creepy line about how "the creatures you have immortalized in Sanctuary would cry out in thanks...if they could" just seems silly, ill-fitting nonsense.  They cry out all the time, apparently.

Im actually already legit bored of the game mode. Feels like a huge grindwall with no way of extracing midway. So just like the normal survivals with different lifesupports and subpar rewards, the focus is nice though. here's hoping sacrifice/venus wont be too far out.

Not if sure this is the thread to ask this, too lazy to find it.

But, what's the drop table for this mode? 

Same as a, a, b, c or something else? 

Update:

Nevermind, found it. 

Edited by C486

First of all thanks for making a new game mode. It's a welcome addition to the game with potential for a lot of fun! 

What I like: 

I like that I get to run around and absolutely wreck havoc on my enemies with everything I got for as long as I want with as few forced breaks in between. It's a game mode focussed on killing, as opposed to collecting items, and I like that a lot! It's a great way to go on a murder spree with your favorite frame :P

What I feel needs work:

About efficiency : 

1) Once again you have made game progress dependent on a force we cannot control: spawn rate. We had oxygen supplies in survival that spawn outside of our control, power cells in excavation that spawn outside of our control, now we have to maintain efficiency by killing enemies quick enough, so we are 100% dependent on how fast they spawn.

2) Additionally I feel I should be able to maintain my efficiency if I literally instantly kill everything that enters my vision while moving around, sadly this is not the case.

3) Once again you have made game progress locked down to a timer with no way for us to increase the speed at which we progress. 

About locking abilities :

1) I don't like it when a game tells me to stop doing something I enjoy doing. If I'm having fun using Peacemaker, why should an arbritrary made up rule prevent me from doing just that? I'm already gated by energy as it is. (Side note, unless you make every warframe have multiple abilities for killing enemies, you might want to make Cephalon Simaris stop telling me to "use a different ability".)

2) I think the intent of this was to promote diversity in ability/weapon usage? All this will end up doing (for me) is funnel frame choice down to weapon reliant frames (chroma, rhino, harrow, etc) as opposed to caster frames. After all, why would I pick a frame that has it's main damage ability locked down frequently (in Elite) when I can just pick a frame that doesn't have to spam abilities in the first place? Result, caster frames left to collect dust.

About exiting the game mode :

Give me a way to stop playing this game mode other than waiting for efficiency to die out. Maybe make a 2nd portal with very different visuals that allows you to exit?

Edited by Yggdrazzil