Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

yeaahhh efficiency gets too demanding after zone 8, plus when we get large tiles enemies either just sit in a corner and or just dont spawn enough on console. Its like once people hit zone 8 they dont have any reason to continue beyond that point. even with nuking rooms in general.

Edited by (PS4)kingdomkey599879
more intel

Adding my voice for emphasis.  Please re-visit the reward table.  I understand the rarity of vandal parts, peculiars, etc., however, getting the same captura scene (again) in back-to-back rotation A's has to be one of the worst feelings in-game.  They are of absolutely no use after their initial collection and it feels like loot dilution.  Please consider placing them as enemy drops (similar to Oberon parts, Kavat segments, etc.) and replacing them with kuva, endo, oxium, or maybe even just a rare resource grab-bag to fill the void.

forgot there was a Megathread for Onslaught. dunno if DE are still looking at it, but just in case, here's some changes I feel need to be made to onslaught ASAP:

- Efficiency drop needs to be reduced (obviously)

- enemy spawns need to be increased.

- larger rooms like Kuva Fortress and Earth tiles need to be replaced with smaller versions. enemies end up being too spread out and looking for them wastes precious efficiency.

- Synthetic Eidolon Shards should drop more often and award more Focus. 10-15k is not unreasonable

- Vandal part drop rates need to be improved.

- remove Captura Scenes from rewards and give them to Simaris as offerings. repeated Captura Scene rewards are basically the same as no reward, and not everybody cares about Captura. giving them to Simaris to purchase for Simaris Standing might encouraging people to start scanning again.

- either remove or increase the endo drops to something more reasonable. 1000 is a good amount and won't make Sorties obsolete. alternatively, replace Endo with Kuva, because Kuva already has a resource sink and you can never have too much Kuva, as it's always useful for Rivens.

One more thing re focus farming and leveling as I've seen some comments about Santuary being a great place to do both. 

It takes roughly 30 minutes to get to round 8.  We get some stuff, most of it not useful.  Focus earned between 50K-70K.  A piece of equipment leveled to ~level 20

During this same period of time, we can generate focus cap for the day.  Presuming 7-10 minutes doing something like Adaro and getting 90K-150K per run.  So farming focus far more efficient while not in Sanctuary.  And we get stuff, useful stuff.

Doing 20 rounds on Hydron takes 20-25 minutes, which will fully level whatever you're trying to level.  And you get stuff.

One could argue you get stuff in Sanctuary, however as most have stated, the loot tables need serious readjustment.  And frankly, I'd like to see other mats drop as well.  It's a grind spot, and every other place in the system offers mats when grinding.

DD

On 2018-04-20 at 10:30 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback

DE, please fix enemies treating the portal as tenno' ally or as a target to shoot at.

Multiple instance where in SOLO (and i'm dead), i see grineer, infested, corpus targeting the portal as an enemy.

Please fix. It seems this thread has convered the issues. Definitely not fun when it is barley possible for most of the community to make it to rotation c. Supposed to an endless mode but most players have yet to see past stage 8 EOS. Makes me not want to even play the game type. 

Hi DE,

Finally got off school and got to try sanctuary onslaught. I am definitely enjoying it! I like the focus on intensive combat and it's really engaging. Some elements of it reminded me of old school death match arena games and I wanted to contribute some thoughts to those.

I really like the idea of finding items and pickups in the zones. I would really enjoy it if there were more items like the "efficiency stimulus" in the zones. For example, something like a random item/buff cube that players could (subconsciously) race for and the pickup would cycle through a pool of buffs/debuffs and grant bonuses like extra energy, extra damage, ammo restore, speed increase, or the opposite effect. It would be similar to how we crack relics and get a random effect there but in this case it would appear like a roulette or whatnot. Thematically, it would be as if Simaris is interjecting certain variables to the conflict in order to get more research data on how buff/debuffs affect tenno. These applications wouldn't have to be game breaking... just temporary and slight to spice things up. It would emphasize the arcade feeling like Smash T.V. or Red Faction back in the day.

On previous devstreams, it was mentioned about adding minibosses among the masses in order to incite some dynamic aggro shifting from the players. I think this would be an appropriate game type to introduce that. Among many grineer soldiers, a tenno might then encounter a health boosted/level boosted ghoul that is stronger than the rest as if it were a miniboss or captain with a little more emphasis than the eximus units. If killed, this miniboss can reward extra efficiency percentage than standard troops but it is up to the players to engage and truly be effective when dispatching the threat lest it remain and make survivability more difficult.

These ideas might have other purposes elsewhere in DE's plans but otherwise, I am enjoying the game mode very much and I think it's a hit from your recent content updates. I really look forward to more arcade type updates and fun as always!

Thanks for working hard!

Simaris is bad and he should feel horrible. 

The problem I'm experiencing in this mode is that the efficiency mechanic GUARANTEES that we only get to spend a few moments with interesting foes before Simaris kicks us out.

I really dislike that mechanic, can we have game modes that challenge us to do something other than destroy things we can't interact with as fast as possible?  

Please?   Pretty please?  How much plat do I have to buy to get this?  @[DE]Steve, you've very specifically said that you want us to be able to have our fun in 20 minute chunks.  I'm spending 20 minutes watching everything vanish followed by a minute or so of satisfying gameplay if I can tune out Simaris.  I don't want everyone to have to play my way, just game modes that don't push us into out-of-sight destruction at the expense of FUN.

So.... ? Will you guys take a look at that unsellable, "drop too often", captura scenes from Onslaught ? Removing/increasing Endo from Elite Onslaught ? More aggressive AI that forced to fight (according to Simaris) ? Narrowed and focused Onslaught tilesets, not the one that got wide and many back rooms ? Please fix game modes before you guys continue doing other things such as Sacrifice. Please don't just abandon other things that need fixes, too. Thank you, 

Another week went by and still no change to the terrible effiency system. Loosing your squadmates before wave 8 makes getting your C-rotation pretty much impossible and the entire mission a waste of time. Paired with the insulting drop chance of Khora parts this missions evolved into a reason to step away from the game for a while again.

I understand that you guys are really into this "bitesize warframe" idea, and I get that - it makes the game more accessible, but I think you've got to understand that it's not what most of the people who already play Warframe enjoy about it. You've made it so that people can extract individually, so all those kind of players can leave at 8 if they want, but can we get changes to efficiency so that people can go further if they want to? I thought ESO was going to be more like an endurance thing, where you keep fighting until the enemies get too much to deal with, which sounds really fun due to the increased scaling of the gamemode. Efficiency needs to drain slower at higher levels, because bad tiles still exist, often meaning that if just one person leaves you won't be able to reach zone 8, most frames aren't really viable because they can't kill the enemies fast enough to keep efficiency up...

This has the potential to be an amazing gamemode, it just needs some minor tweaks. Zone 8 should be reachable solo by any warframe (note - reachable doesn't mean easy). Zone 16 should be reachable by an optimised group. Spawn issues are still there on many maps, larger tiles in particular are a problem, because as you spread out to kill the enemies they start spawning even further away, I feel this could be fixed by making the AI path towards the spawn point of the portal when they appear. (I don't know if this is possible or not, but if it is that would be awesome).

Last point, the rewards table needs to rotate to keep people playing it. The Vandal weapons are pretty cool, and I was happy to farm them, but now that I have them I'm failing to find a reason to do this over something else. Since the affinity gains were decreased I've totally given up on doing it for focus, so maybe every week you could change up the rewards a bit? Maybe even throw some sortie rewards in the table? (also - the radiant axi relics are so rare they might as well not even be there, pls move the Neo relic rewards out of zone 8?).

On 2018-05-17 at 5:34 PM, (PS4)xxDrDoom said:

One more thing re focus farming and leveling as I've seen some comments about Santuary being a great place to do both. 

It takes roughly 30 minutes to get to round 8.  We get some stuff, most of it not useful.  Focus earned between 50K-70K.  A piece of equipment leveled to ~level 20

During this same period of time, we can generate focus cap for the day.  Presuming 7-10 minutes doing something like Adaro and getting 90K-150K per run.  So farming focus far more efficient while not in Sanctuary.  And we get stuff, useful stuff.

Doing 20 rounds on Hydron takes 20-25 minutes, which will fully level whatever you're trying to level.  And you get stuff.

One could argue you get stuff in Sanctuary, however as most have stated, the loot tables need serious readjustment.  And frankly, I'd like to see other mats drop as well.  It's a grind spot, and every other place in the system offers mats when grinding.

DD

On the focus you are not quite correct. As a DPS frame you get around 60k focus till wave 8 without a booster.

Running Adaro gives you around 40-50k Focus, since you never be able to get a perfect run. 150k per run is with booster and nearly perfect affinity orb spawns.

This gets alot of people confused, since its mostly never mentioned. So if you want to farm focus the "lazy" way, you go EOS with a equinox. Less effort and you may get some good rad relics (lol)

Your weapons are also lvl 30 if you dont run the full setup. leveling your rifle and a sidearm as example gets both on 30, if you dont bring a melee weapon with you. (for those who dont know, you split 100% of your experience you get between your equiment, 25% for each.)

This goes for EOS tho, i dont know if its possible in SO, but i assume if you have khora already you dont run it, since there are no noticable rewards, wich are another problem, but covered more than once in this thread.

One thing for the DEVs/Mods:

Could we get a thread for listing up all tilesets for EOS/SO where the spawns are too spread out, or not working properly according to the community?

With a moderation that deletes comments that dont help for filtering those tilesets?

Lots of tilesets are spawning enemys so far away from you, that the AI is not agressed, meaning, if you dont go close to them, they just stay there and dont fight.

Or you have to run between 2 spawns because your ability range is not wide enough. 60m+ (We had this issue in the rotation last week for zone 1 in EOS against corrupted in a corpus tileset with a bridge in the middle and 2 rooms on each side where enemys have spawned)

I really want to be able to see any syndicate rep I have earned in the Onslaught Summary.  It only shows the stats for the missions but nothing for any syndicate Sigil's you may have equipped. In fact I would really like all missions to show every bit of rep earned/lost in detail.  Occasionally you lose a bit here and there.

Disclaimer: This is my second post here because at the time Sanctuary was not available in Consoles, so I just refered to rotations. Since I now had time to play it, these are my views on it.

Sanctuary Onslaught" is a very fun and inticing game mode. I really like it a lot. However, I feel that its "Aquiles Hill" is the way efficient works... Or rather, doesn't.
"Efficiency" is gain by killing enemies. Stronger enemies give more than weaker ones. And the more zones you go into the faster efficiency is spent. Also, the efficiency supply give us (only) +10% and happear less the more zones you go into. But a lot more comes into play with efficiency, like: size of arena (smaller areas is easy to kill in groups, but in big areas enemies are very spread apart and many don't even attack anymore), spawning speed, NUMBER OF PLAYERS (with less players, the number of enemies spawn is smaller so efficiency should go slower, but that doesn't seem to be the case); and not to mention the handicap we have with energy, and the lack of rewards for each zone.
All this is working HEAVELLY against the player and against the gamemode itself. Even if you want to go for a long run (passed 8 zones), you just won't. The original idea was supposed to work as a time attack mode (so I thought either 20 or 50 minutes to see how far you could go) just killing enemies zone by zone, with each zone having higher level enemies and more enemies to kill in order to clear... But this was changed due to the "efficiency meter" and to make an algorithm to make all this work "correctly" is probably going to be very hard (if not impossible).

I would say go back to the original idea ("endless exterminate"), but because that might not be possible, this is what I would suggest (if not in both modes, at least in one of them):
-REMOVE the players handicaps (the energy could go down a bit when passing portals but not a full reset (a bit like Nidus does... Reduce energy by maybe 10-20%?). If your energy was too low then it would reset to your "normal" size.
-Allow us to stack efficiency above 100%. So, if your efficiency is full and you still kill enemies and/or grab a efficiency suplly, your metter would change to purple and go up (probably stack +100% per zone). That way, even if someone (or everyone) leaves, the remaining player(s) might wanna go that extra further because of the extra efficiency gathered.
-Stacking combo could work like the energy (it could go down a bit) or back to zero if it was 'that' low... But in this I am not really sure because stacking combos isn't that hard when you have lots of enemies.
-Also, efficiency needs to go down slower depending on number of players. It is true that more players spawn more enemies, but for a solo to challenge himself (like some of us like to do) OR if you are left alone after everyone has left, this needs to be taken into consideration.
-Concerning rewards, I would say make each zone give its own reward. Even if weapon/frame parts only droped every 2 zones, this would make this gamemode more worth while than finishing in uneven zones and getting nothing (not counting focus/affinity) from it.
-Finally, this is Simaris mission, but we gather 0 (zero) Simaris points for that Sindicate?... Seems wrong.

Not sure if this is where this needs to be, but the UI thing at the end of each wave is huge. It blocks half my screen when it pops up. Would not be a thing except that the AI does not pause. It doesn't cause death, but is something that the player has to work around. I know that when it pops I had best be directly on the portal location or run the risk of having to dodge enemies, with half a screen. I took a screenshot, but cant find it. Don't know where they get stored in steam, but its the rating thing at the end of each wave

The Reward system is absolutely Broken, nothing drops for me only Relics no Khora not even the Paticular mod is droping. 😞

And when People are leaving mid Game and i get a host migration is really no Fun to me. 

I stop playing this mode because there is no reason to play it over and over Again.

Simaris, have you considered a mode in which every ability or weapon has a chance of being disabled and there's  a random element?  It seems like something along those lines might be necessary to keep various metas from dominating the playspace. 

I'd even be okay if you took away my happy stick when I least expected it...and my melee to primary kills look to be at about a 50:1 ratio.

(Also...wow, I didn't realize it was that bad.  It's your fault DE for making it so much fun to smash things!) 🙂

So the balance of beast of the sanctuary:

- Khora, we got a mediocre to decend halfbaked concept of a frame... meh, her #4 in particular is counterproductive

- Saryn, the remaster, what a fine mess thatis this one... just a badly disguised attempt at a nerf that pablo himself admitted on his twitter that failed on all fronts, pity he isn't willing to admit defeat and roll back all changes: he must make it work. isn't it wasting more time on a dead, beaten and buried horse? other frames need buffs and Qol improvement.

Zephyr rework is mediocre, Titania, nezha, Wukong and others have been forgotten since release... Ember #4 rework didn't solve her wiping maps in low level content, were she hit 5 enemies at a time, while Equinox murdered everyone in range with no upper limit, and removed her CC in higher content, were she had to use an augment for something that Equinox day form's maim does innately: stunning enemies in range... Banshe's Resonating Quacke rework is a mess as well, it solved her serious lack of range on her ult and stunlocked enemies for the rest of the squad to kill, only thing needed to rein it back in line was removing the doubling of damage!

- Sanctuary Onslaught... the base idea is neat, implementation is a flaming mess, DE need to decide if they want a limitless duration mode with infinite scaling and the actual survival capability or cheesiness of players to matter in prolonging their stay, or a closed timeframe mode like a time attack slaughter with a finite tame to reach as far as possible...

Current Onslaught is neiter: efficency and bad spawns kill the progression outside of players control, leading to massive frustration...

DE rebalancing NERFING frames based on this gamemode is a bestiality and a needlesly antagonistic stance, since they could much more simply do the same they did with conclave: don't admit certain frames to the mode - recalibrating frame abilities to conform to a certain standard that doesn't breack an anomalus game mode is a bad idea, spawn intensity, map and emey types are heavily distorted from starchart norm, thing that work or are overeffective in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught will not work in normal starchart and viceversa.

Sanctuary onslaught shouldn't be considered as a benchmark for tuning frame abilites

Symaris behaviour with arbitrary abilities timeouts for Elite onslaught is counterintuitive and shortsighted, powers spam limitation should be applied to regular Onslaught, were it would make much more sense, and removed from Elite.

TL:Dr this whole season of updates and "reworks" had been a sore delusion, at least most of the systemic repairs done to the game itself have been more beneficial, but most new or reworked content has proved disappointing. The Sacrifice now has a lot riding on it, potential for backlash if it isn't on par to The Second Dream or better is high...

Toggle Sprint Onslaught bug:

Been doing lots of solo Elite Onslaught to the end of Zone 8. I noticed that when I "toggle sprint" to keep sprint always active, it becomes disabled when I jump through the portals to the next zones. So I have to "toggle sprint" on in each new zone, 8 times in 20 mins.

Please change it to let "toggle sprint" be always enabled in all Zones of Onslaught if it's turned on. Thank you. 

:satisfied:

Could modify the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught tile order generator a bit, so that factions of following tiles are not the same?

Reason: In my opinion, and with my playstyle, Grineer units have the fastest time to kill. Bombards, and all the units with projectile based guns tear through my shields and health very quickly (note: I solo Elite Sanctuary Onslaught for focus farm, and I'm the only target all enemy units on the tile have). Now I usually don't have a problem with this, after all I can just jump out of the way. However I need to focus a lot for this, and having multiple Grineer tiles to transition to, one after another, becomes tiring and nags on my concentration.

I inevitably will make mistakes when my concentration worsens (because I'm human, I can guarantee you this 100%), and therefore it would be nice to have in between the demanding Grineer tiles 2 minutes and 30 seconds of  another faction, like Infested, that are easier to deal with than the Grineer.

On 2018-05-29 at 2:36 AM, Camato said:

On the focus you are not quite correct. As a DPS frame you get around 60k focus till wave 8 without a booster.

Running Adaro gives you around 40-50k Focus, since you never be able to get a perfect run. 150k per run is with booster and nearly perfect affinity orb spawns.

This gets alot of people confused, since its mostly never mentioned. So if you want to farm focus the "lazy" way, you go EOS with a equinox. Less effort and you may get some good rad relics (lol)

Your weapons are also lvl 30 if you dont run the full setup. leveling your rifle and a sidearm as example gets both on 30, if you dont bring a melee weapon with you. (for those who dont know, you split 100% of your experience you get between your equiment, 25% for each.)

This goes for EOS tho, i dont know if its possible in SO, but i assume if you have khora already you dont run it, since there are no noticable rewards, wich are another problem, but covered more than once in this thread.

Guessing you did not clearly read my post.  I agree with your comments above except for one major point you missed.  In the same 8 rounds you run for 60K it takes roughly 30 minutes.  Adaro at 40K-50K in 5-7 minutes allows for a far greater focus farm in the same time period.