Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

When Onslaught works "properly" instead of crashing it's unrewarding and boring, just slog trough the same old stupid idiot enemies, in droves, for miserable rewards...

Efficency goes down indipendently of performance, maps and spawns kill your run outside of your control, and the game mode in general, thanks to the freaking resets AGAINST the players at every stage, punish most frames and builds except the usual meta...

Symaris is an A******, that was more than evident, but this mode wastes the lore and the character even more.

You guys had a chance to do something actually interesting and come up with this? Disappointing on all levels - considering that even khora is garbage tier after what we could see from the devstream... nice waste of time, could have spent it working on The Sacrifice and let Khora rot in the concept folder

4/10

Given that the rewards are tied on Zones makes the scoring for the regular Onslaught a bit pointless unless you were playing Elite. So instead, I would like to suggest to use that scoring instead as a way to generate rewards after each zone. Not sure what's the lowest possible grade you can get in a Zone but let's assume it's C.

Rewards: After each Zone,a reward is pulled from a Rotation based on their performance

• Grade C - Rotation A
  • Grade B - Rotation B
  • Grade A & S+ - Rotation C

Additionally, once the Onslaught has ended they get an additional reward based on their overall performance based on the grading above.

Since the enemies in the Sanctuary Onslaught don't drop resources, why not let them drop the peculiar mods and endo instead. (Just a suggestion, I'd honestly be fine with them dropping resources based on their faction) 

Edit: The endo and peculiar mods would be removed from the drop tables if they dropped from enemies.

Edited by Zcode

So, few things that have already popped up with my first two attempts of the basic version:

-Too difficult to solo. I know you are suppose to need a group to go far, but I sorta expect to at least finish one AABC rotation with most serious builds, not peter out with anything less murderous than a Spore Saryn. Part of this is spawning (more on that later), but a big part is that efficiency starts dropping pretty hard pretty quickly; the decay rate at the first C reward fits more with what I think would feel right for the second or third time around.

-No way to leave other than finally "losing," reward levels should also have an exit portal to let you leave if you got the parts you want/need to leave.

-Some of the maps that are *way* too big, and that spreads out the enemy too much. While I'm not expecting every map to the tiny T-Junction from Corpus Ice Base that is also used for MD, I don't think the one that almost a whole freaking crashed ship should be used at all, or only when you're talking Elite or a group deep into the mode or something similar.

On top of those, I'm with a lot of people on this thread that building efficiency should speed up how fast we go through levels, not how long we can stay in the mission. That *might* have been OK if enemies dropped resources, or you did some like the old Void Key Sabotage where you can get even more rotation rewards with secondary objectives, but with the only non-affinity rewards being tied to the rotation drop tables (and those drop tables being *really* bad at rewarding the stuff unique to the mode: I know you want people to run it for relics, but Khora parts should really more common on the basic version, come on), it really needs to competitive to Interception or Excavation on potentially how many relics you can get per half-hour if you don't want it becoming as empty as Defection in a month.

Edited by Foefaller

Lost rewards on host change and a lack of any way to exit other than losing - its already made me want to stay clear until changes are made. It takes many of the lessons learned already in warframe's design and strangely chooses to ignore them. This feels like the thing we would have seen before survival or bounties were perfected....its a backwards step.

It's probably already the best relic farm node on elite and it gives a good amount of focus. (though the latter is insignificant since there are Eidolons)

Maybe they are going by the logic it's already rewarding.

I'm all for Peculiar mods and Khora parts dropping from enemies as rare drops instead of rotations to make the drop tables less bloated.

Just sayin' its annoying as hell when the host leaves after a good drop and the rest of the team is stuck in endless loading, causing the mission to end and taking away all the stuff you got.
This issue is not only present in this gamemode, host migration can mess up your mission rewards in general.

Imo a failed host migration should put you back into the mission instead of going back to the orbiter/relay or allow the player to run a secondary "backup" that saves the information thats normally saved on the host side only

Ok cool new mod but ...

a problem I ran into by now is that the team split at some point I am not sure but I dont think this is intended.

Also please the energy there is nowhere to be found and also zenurik Energizing Dash stoped working at some point I am not sure is this is also intended but if it is I dont understand why is that. 

1 hour ago, sixmille said:

Ha no, I'm happy that for once a game mode can't be ruined by someone with the attention span of a goldfish. There are enough game modes for this kind of players. I don't mind people who just want to do quick 5 minute matches, but I'm also happy that there's something like this for longer runs.

And then there are this occasions where you run into hosts that leave the match the second something good drops and you get stuck in endless host migration...

So......

I have to say that I'm very disappointed.

In practice it's just another survival renamed 3 times (dark sector-void onslaught-sanctuary onslaught) for wich we "waited" 3 years.

The rewards are 5 years old weapons and a new frame with abysmal dropchances and one useless peculiar mod .

And as usual it shipped ridden with bugs.

In the last 2 years I didn't crash ones, now I crashed like 4 times in a row.....so badly that I couldn't even switch to task manager and had to swich of the computer.

Because.....why? How did you succeded to break a mission that was in the game from the beginning by adding a portal to it is beyond me.

And how is that if you crash you lose everything, why it does not update your account after every round on a mission type like this.

Very disappointing update indeed...

Also.. Why does Venari have a precept polarization? Only Scavenge can be equipped in that slot and it's a 5 capacity mod... Man it's just a stupid move and where we need to use an ADDITIONAL forma to redo the Venari kavat.

After playing few hours and seeing playing others i can think of few improvements of this new game mode other than countless of bug fixes that needs to be done (game crashing, freezing or even fps dropping).

1.) Bosses
Would be really nice to see something different and refreshing mid zones (such as after each zone 5 or 10) adding a game boss or mini boss (maybe with special reward? new set mods? or new mods in overall? just for consideration). Would be interesting to have battle with Zanuka, Acolytes, Corrupted Vor, G3, Jackal and so on in an arena type.

2.) Endless mode
Could we finally get "stacking" in endless modes? Rising resource drop chance, xp (similar as fissures provide) and mainly increasing drop chance of rare rewards from rotations? To make endless modes and trying to go as far as possible actually meaningful. Same goes for survival, defense, excavation, interception...

3.) Rewards
Current drop tables is sadly a very grindy joke. Veteran players that already have all or most prime stuff dont need relics. Lots of relics in drop tables with very high drop chance makes it even worse. Relics we can already farm elsewhere and getting them all the time is painful. There is really minimum rewards to run this over and over again. Khora with vandal parts drop chance should be increased as well as adding game mode specific rewards.

New set mods, mods in overall, maybe new weapon augments, new weapons other than several years old braton versions, Mode specific skins, syandanas, sigils, emblems, armor sets as similar Teshin offers from his PvP syndicate. New primed mods, build forma/catalyst/reactor/exilus adapter. Possibilities are endless as this mode.
Stuff like this could show off how far we got in new mode and or what we acquired.

Sortie rewards are better in this reason. They offer things most of players still need: lots of endo, kuva, rivens, decorations, legendary core (which would be nice to see as a small drop chance).

4.) Efficiency
Efficiency might be going a bit too fast down later into mode when sometimes enemies dont keep up with spawning.

Other than that this mode feels good as typical arena for "hack n slash" where you dont need to worry about collecting resources.
Focus farming seems as its working pretty well in here as well as xp farming.

Rewards sadly are something i was worried about and it turned not as well as it could. After improving pretty solid sortie reward pool, kuva endless farming and eidolon arcane rewards i was having better hopes of seeing something more of sortie rewards style.
What we currently have might feel like we got it rushed.

Really would like to point out rewards we should be getting as i mentioned above (weapons/skins we would get only in this game mode, new set  mods/normal mods, new primed mods, game mode specific sigils/emblems, armor sets, syandanas, new decorations, endo, build forma/catalyst/reactor, legendary core and so on.

Thought enjoying the mode and hope the future and improvements will make this new thing even better. Rewards makes players to decide whenever they gonna continue to run this mode after few weeks/month as well as makes them quit if the rewards wont be something we can reach out for.

Edited by -AT-RedClown

I have to edit my post because I went back to onslaught and we stayed at 100% efficiency the whole time till we wanted to leave and focus gains are good ended up with 140k after 1 run of 15 waves. only problem is khora drop rate and no extraction. Good Update and ty DE for giving us new content and updates, Your Awesome

Edited by sammywa123

I like the new gamemode so much! but i think, it needs a bit of tweeking.

•  maybe let a player that doenst enter the portal, to get an extraction option, this is so that we dont need to entirely throw the game to extract. 
  • maybe make so a player needs to stand / activate the "efficency" orbs for a few second so that they dont accidently pick it up when it is at 100%.
  • i dont know if this is asking too much, but can we get some syndicate standing from the onslaught.

i dont think i have anymore complaints except those really :) thanks DE!

Sanctuary onslaught is a great basis, but id like to see it have a mode where each zone/wave has a modifier, so each level is a bit more interesting.

Examples: vampire mode, low gravity, eximus, allies, mist, hazards, etcetera.

Also, why are there no normal resource drops, its a bit wierd?

My WF always crashes shortly before the portal to "Level 5" spawns
The portal needs too long to spawn after the timer finished. My group waited 30 seconds to a Minute, just waiting for the portal, whilst we were still losing the portal stability, which has failed us some runs now.

Please remove the rank 30 limit from normal mode. it makes no sense. i rolled up in there with my non 30 khora and didn't go down once, then couldn't join any after that and was hit with need a 30 rank frame. i can understand rank 30 for Elite but for normal i could spam AOE weapons and not go down or barely even take damage.

Edited by EinheriarJudith