Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Any chance that performance based on each Zone finished give a positive bonus for players? Maybe increased Efficiency and/or starting Energy for the next Zone the higher your grading is? Could really help prolong the runs cause right now, Solo is near impossible to do so no matter how good you performed.

Edited by Kai

8 minutes ago, Echoes said:

After getting Khora I will continue playing this mode, because I think it's fun, and awesome for focus daily cap.

Efficiency more or less depends on your frame, if you are using an AOE frame, then yes, it relies on it.
For the time I have played the mode, there were no time a Exiums AOE hit me, and there were alot of them.
As for the same enemies, well, what did you expected, you are playing in Simaris' database..

"Corrupted" enemies

"Infested" enemies

Syamaris's enemies

When will the lore based excuses for recycling content STOP? When will new content actually BE new again? Levels and tilesets are nice. But so long as we keep fighting the exact same enemies on those tiles, the content is not really new. And it certainly does not feel that way.

I'm glad you'r enjoying. I really am. But as someone with over 1000 hours in Warframe, I think its going to take more than this to bring me back. 

I can't help but feel these portals, ever 2.5 minutes, should be an extraction point if you refuse to enter/continue. 

Unless you are playing with a clan or invite group, randomly joining a endless mission can be time risky. I feel that if a player wishes to extract, they should be able to by simply not entering the portal.

It's a step in the right direction, since the community has been asking for extraction options for defence and endless modes for a while now.

The way whole mission works is counter-intuitive.

To stop the mission, if whole team agrees, we have to be... less efficient in killing? 

I see how it prevents game mode from being truly endless but there's no clean and elegant way of extracting and that's rather awful.

The portal should lead to extraction rather than prolong the mission or let us equip an item forcing extraction on demand.

Also, I may be wrong about it but Sanctuary Onslaught seems to favor murderframes and tanks. 

Enemies spawn right into shooting mode and frames receive heavy damage immediately after exiting a portal to next stage. 

I;m currently trying to understand what is a bug and what is a feature by reading players' feedback.  

It's a decent base for interesting game mode but boy oh boy, it's way too messy considering how long we have waited...

It's fun, it has potential but it's still not quite there.

Since a main idea around this mode is for those odd/peculiar mods, why not make each zone a peculiar theme?

Look at Killing Floors 2 endless mode. It's goofy and silly but doesn't exactly take you out of the hardcore experience. That's what this mode could use.

Make it part goofy,silly,weird. The goal outside of Khora is peculiar, make it the theme.

My experiences of this mode as a solo player were unfortunately pretty bad. The idea behind it is good, but the efficiency mechanic needs heavy tweaking for solo play.

The problem from me is frustration: I don't mind failing because my warframe gets killed, or because the enemies become so tough I can't kill them fast enough, but as it is, I fail because there are not enough enemies to fight. The tilesets are extraordinarily inconsistent - I'll have one (rare) tileset where there are so many enemies to kill I'll gain efficiency by the end of the zone, and then there are other (much more common) tilesets where barely any enemies spawn at all. This leads to a feeling that my runs are being ended by RNG rather then any other factor.

It's mostly a shame because I was looking forward to this mode as a stress-test for my warframes, but sadly even on elite, I've yet to be even remotely threatened by the enemies - only by the ticking efficiency clock and a tileset's paucity of enemies. I guess it's back to Mot for a true testing ground!

Onslaught a matter of CPU / Memory / Networking power? I just tried a game and started lagging at zone 9.. Then I operator for + health and ended up in the previous zone.. After the zone materialized i was sent to a white screen..

Apparently things ended at zone 11 (cause others were continuing), which my gameplay was ended at zone 9 cause of stuck in white screen.. Currently im stuck in returning to ship for 10+ min..

Was my first time playing.. 

I disagree OP. I am having a ton of fun in onslaught. For example: today I ground out a forma on my dakra prime. Need new polarities to try a different melee build out on excal. So strap in, go-to hydron and low and behold I get yelled at for meleeing enemies not directly at the pod. All cause this guy didn't want to go pickup loot. Really? Are you freaking kidding me?

Sharp contrast, pug my first onslaught (elite mode of course) and it's a freaking blast. Stabbing all the things, wrecking face, having a ton of fun. This is exactly the mode I have wanted. Survival without having to jack with life support. The transitions are nice cause you don't spend an entire match fighting on the same tileset, fighting the same enemy. Excal is awesome in onslaught. Chromatic blade, radial blind, the occasional slashdash, all the melee you could ever want. This is an awesome game mode for me. I know where I am spending my time in Warframe.

Cool to see new content, but a little disappointed that there arent new enemies or tile sets or, well, much of anything, really.  What if Cephalon Simaris mashed up all the enemy data it has aquired into weird hybrids for you to fight?  Or bizarre simulated environments created from Simaris' archives?  Otherwise, as is it is very similar to other endless wave modes already in the game.

More importantly, please implement some way to leave the conduit without letting efficiency run out.  That's just clunky and will lead to a lot of people simply passing this game mode by.

I do enjoy the speed at which the rounds go by.  Seems a bit more frenetic than other modes, which is fun to me.

so i played 2 rounds so far.

1st run made it to 11 using Mesa (armor stripping killer ftw)..2nd was 5 rounds using oberon (great for tanking)

The ONE thing that killed me was the damn kuva fortress tile set..the pathfinding is so atrocious i had issues getting enemies to come to me easily.

Rewards are very meh especially since they are every 2 waves (SHOULD be every wave..especially due to the rather annoying scaling and randomness factor of factions (my oberon had 1 infested, then 3 corpus, then a corrupted)

I KNOW this is for focus (89k on my mesa with a booster in 30 minutes was great)...but apart from that its rather lack luster.....ESPECIALLY since the vandal weapons are on the elite mode of all things instead of the basic mode....which should happen especially due to the ridiculous amount of relics in each reward pool.

i hate to say it...but get rid of the efficiency...or make it so its NOT the requirement to end the mission...just going down should be enough...particularly due to specific tile sets making it impossible and the rather high rate of enemy scaling...went from kuva to the next with a mere 12% left...which was NOT enough to get back up fast enough...it should at the very least reset to 50% each round.

Edited by Kalvorax

Onslaught is constantly the same units for each tileset. It also has SUPER low drop chances for the frame that is was BUILT around. Please raise the drop chance. Aside from that, would you add a unique mechanic to this mode? It feels like bounties are being recycled into something even MORE boring. However, I can say that it is a little exciting to try to find out the drop table, but once that's been found out, nothing special. Nobody will do it. Maybe add a way to get rivens or something? Add a SUPER rare drop to the table or something, and people probably wont be complaining as much. But of course, that's just me.

This is very counter productive...so someone will have to put 100% because they need rot c, while some just leeches because they need a rot a. "Bonus reward" theyre forced to be rank C my dude what are you talking about -- 

Thats a no from me. 2cents.

6 minutes ago, Enfair said:

Onslaught is constantly the same units for each tileset. It also has SUPER low drop chances for the frame that is was BUILT around. Please raise the drop chance. Aside from that, would you add a unique mechanic to this mode? It feels like bounties are being recycled into something even MORE boring. However, I can say that it is a little exciting to try to find out the drop table, but once that's been found out, nothing special. Nobody will do it. Maybe add a way to get rivens or something? Add a SUPER rare drop to the table or something, and people probably wont be complaining as much. But of course, that's just me.

It changes weekly and so will the rewards, they also plan on making seasons for it, so chill out it was literally released today

Remove garbage rewards if you're going to run this as your endgame option, and increase spawn rates if efficiency is going to drop like a rock. If Simaris is going to whine that I'm not killing enough things when I've killed everything he's given me, there's a problem.

Endo from this is useless if we have Rathuum.

Credits are worthless if we have Index.

Let's face it: Onslought needs to be reworked.

I've been playing some runs of this game mode and shall say that it is broken. Yeah, broken. 

Not in a way that things don't work or there some nightmary glitches that overheats my CPU and forced me to reopens the game several times (Hail TWW quest!). No. It's broken in a way that don't make you feel like a great Hunter or give you some decent piece of S.H.I.T (Something Hot, Interesting and Technocytious); at least. Hell No. But before going ahead, let's summarize what Onslaught is:

• Talk to Simaris to see the new stuff he'll tell and you'll never click anymore (not necessary)
  • Enter the Onslaught game mode.
  • Begin killing some mobs.
  • Continue with this until your efficiency reachs zero.
  • End the mission and see only your rank, because you'll cry with the rewards.

That's it. And X of the question is that: THAT'S IT.  There aren't anything aside a rank and some numbers in the Syndicate side of the extraction board. You don't recieve any special prize if you get a S or any rank above like a noggle of Simaris (which i personally would LOVE to put on my ship if we could get it several times through missions). Any sigil or Sekhara. Any inbox message for your first time doing that. Any NOTHING. Okay. I've read the forum's diary of the update and they say they'll add some special stuff but - OMFGIWANTSOMEKINDAOFCOOLSTUFFTHATKEEPSMEPLAYINGFORMORETHAN5SECOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONDS!!!

Oh, and i've almost forgot the best part: the Warframe. Khora Blueprints. As well as with Gara's Blueprints in the very first days of the Plains; the Harrow's Systems in the Defection and Nidus's parts withing the Infested Salvage, this game is getting worse and worse in terms of grind. What is the problem of giving a Warframe from a Journey, as well Sands of Inaros did? Can you even remember those old and golden times? No? Let me show you why.

• 2015: Equinox' both sides BPs (countless time hearing Tyl Regor fancy provocations until he dropped the right one.) - And don't forget the price for it! 225 K credits. |  Focus 1.0: The most grindier thing that i've never seen in Warframe. Besides the impossible amounts of focus points necessary for each node, there are some passives that acted as band-aids for several ocasions. (e.g.: Energy Overflow and Shadow Step.)
  • 2016: The ugly consequence of something that was (and still) beatiful: Shadow Debt. Nowadays it's not that necessary, but all and every of us knows how much blood someone needed and needs to sacrifice for even DREAMING with a chance for getting the so-desired Maiming Strike. | The most infamous one: Universal Vacuum. Not gonna say a word about this. | Void 2.0: Balanced the pros and cons in my opinion, so that's just fine. | TWW and the infamous Tenno mode that was nothing but a mimic, sometimes capable of getting one-hitted and then giving you a great debuff on your Health. Not to mention the farm of Kuva, something that is still one of the only uses for Operators until today. | The Glast Gambit: alongside the quest (nothing more than a repetitive way that DE got to say ''Hey! We ended Index! Come over here for 8 rounds to try some story progression.'' you get one of the most boring ways of getting Nidus' parts: Infested Salvage.
  • 2017: Chains of Harrow: Alongside the Infested Salvage, the Defection game mode was basically something that you get bored after some squads are evacuated and still running until you realize that the chance of the Harrow's Systems drop is tiny and then get some plat to buy the frame, just as Nidus. | Plains of Eidolon: This time you got a Grind combo! Mining and Fishing. First, spend some time trying to balance Mining and Fishing. Then you realize or are told that the second one is the very only method to rank up fast. After that, if you haven't wasted very much time to see that little thing, begin the Zaw Saga. Farm reputation and resources, spend it in the non-reusable blueprints (7500 standing each); Craft every part and then put some Hok's magic glue on them; Level it one time and then go to Hok again, because basic funcionality of a Zaw as melee weapon is locked behind 5000 standing and 2 Wisps. Noice! Now level it again! Yay! Eidolon Hunting: If you're not satisfied, then join the Vem Tabook of the tree. First, fit into one of the the very great amplitude of frames for this: Chroma, Harrow, Trin or Volt. Try to don't get some idiots and all of them need to have the very advanced techniques of the Hunt, from a decent Riven for your sniper to Void Strike or Unairu Wisp. While that, go getting used with the Focus 2.0 system, that will of course provide you some in-game wonderful buffs. Hm? Wait, just Zenurik is ''endgame''/bund-aid again? Oh, okay so. And another thing. Ask yourself: How far would a new player get on this? 
  • 2018: Sanctuary Onslaught 1.0

That's okay with creating new systems. But when you are or consider yourself as Vet, you probably saw the Grindwall growing through years and your drop chances getting low in the same proportion. As well it's not fun  kill a 1-Million-Health-Pointed Boss just by shooting it until your ammo end, isn't good feeling that all your effort is nothing more than a piece of... well. You know what.

If you read until there, i shall apologyze myself for all this text. But if you understand that i get this far writting a letter for anyone willing to read it, to the point of regurgitating this small list of grind (small compared to the whole game), then you can see the size of my disappointment with this system.

Dear DE, please:

Give us a reason to keep playing. No more any unnecessarely big grind system, no more missions types that can't hold my attention for more than a few runs. Just a good reason and a good story. Give us a ENDGAME, in a general way. Focus on reviewing the broken mechanics of the game, e.g. the Guides of the Lotus, the Stealth system, the Archwing rewards and game modes, the Primes Lore (why have you stopped with the little stories on their profile? After the Apostasy Prologue, i can't believe that there isn't any person with some ideas on the pocket for any side story).

Please give us a reason to getting far away, even further, from what we've already reached, don't needing to choose between Vets and Noobs.

Edited by --AJ-TahuXL

1. The drop table is hella diluted. 8.33% is seriously the BEST you can do to get a khora part? People have been asking for higher drop rates than 11% for harrow/octavia/nidus parts and then you go and make the drop chance EVEN LOWER?

2. Efficiency was the solution for lack of engagment in a game, it was NOT what we considered fun. Basing the entirety of onslaught on the efficiency meter just incentivizes people to cheese the hardest, espescially when...

3. Artificial soft-cap. Why? Enemy spawns were quartered when I played earlier today around Zone 12.  This is seriously insulting that the 'Endless Endgame' mode we've been promised physically won't allow you to progress past a certain point by literally cheating you out of spawns.

4. We're basically playing just survival/index again. I'm not entirely sure what I expected but I thought it was mentioned we'd have to complete an objective between each zone, killing enemies in increasingly cheesy fashion isn't what I'd call an objective.

5. 2 zones per rotation is pretty lame. I'd rather an extra minute get added to each zone and get a reward each zone rather than having to survive for an entire zone that has nothing to do with getting rewards. It's literally a dead level, you can't get resources, you don't get rewards (except focus I guess, which isn't even an endgame reward anymore thanks to shrine).

The efficiency decays too fast at high levels. I got to Zone 14 and there weren't enough enemies spawning for us to keep up with the efficiency decay. Either the decay needs to be slower or more enemies need to spawn more quickly.

Other than that, I would like to see material and mod drops from enemies, perhaps less common than in normal missions, but I think it would be a good way for Simaris to "pay" us for our participation.

Welcome to another unrewarding endless mission type. The regular version is kind of pointless to do except for the Khora parts, and while pre-radded relics are cool, the mode itself is just unfun to play. It's a worse-balanced version of survival where beyond wave 6, you're entirely in the hands of RNG if enough spawns will even appear to maintain efficiency. I was on round 8 when I got the large corpus landing tile, and there was too much space to even come close to passing in that mission. Players should be able to manage at least one AABC rotation without getting screwed like that. 

I heard, you guys missed the raid
zGx0Cvu.png
So dev brought it back to sanctuary
Pretty sure it's a bug.

Two more bugs
When you shift to operator mode while stepping into portal, you stuck in previous zone and has to abort.
When your operator fall out of the map boundary, you teleported to previous zone and again has to abort.

I was really hyped for this since I had cca 2 months break from Warframe waiting for some update.

I've played normal once and elite about 5-6 times (wave 13 is my best). Crashed twice, got "light" bug once, fps-drops when portal spawns, nothing special, launch day.

Reward loot tables are kinda meh. In Elite you soon fight levels around 150 and the best relic is Neo, which is... underwhelming. I like the fact that they're radiant though. Apart from loot tables, the amount of affinity/focus is great as far as I can tell. (I don't have much experince with focus farming though)

Gameplay-wise I really enjoy this gamemode. It's fast, intense and even competitive. Also I really like the 4th ability restriction. It solves some cheese and it's not much aggressive. (*looks at nullifiers*)

Just add *something* more interesting to loot tables (Forma, Axi relics, ...?). And I don't talk about peculiar mod since I won't probably use them much.

These should be a unique reward or we should be able to sell those. Didn't play much Onslaught as of yet, 4 rounds to 8/10 and i got 5 Sealab Centrifuge scenes. It's already bad enough i don't really use Captura but now i have 5 of those of which 4 are completely useless and getting that as continued reward is like doing 2 waves for nothing.

The game's a glorified horde mode now. Hard to have fun when nothing rewarding is earned. Grind for a chance at what you want, grind to get stuff to give you better chances at what you want, and no real endgame to hang out in besides helping new players.