Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Iv Soloed to 12 with a loki and a khora.... Most of the enemies are actually scaled the opposite direction of your complaint. This isnt a matter of "git gud" or anything like that, its simply a matter of what is and isnt difficult... and seeing as nothing in this game is actually difficult, Nerfing Onsalught is the wrong way to go. This game needs less nerfs, less catering to new players, and less down scaling of difficulties. 'ELITE' Onslaught is designed as an endgame activity to provide a challenge to more advanced, well equipped and more well rounded players.... In its current state, it still doesn't.

Just now, PureIcarus said:

Iv Soloed to 12 with a loki and a khora.... Most of the enemies are actually scaled the opposite direction of your complaint. This isnt a matter of "git gud" or anything like that, its simply a matter of what is and isnt difficult... and seeing as nothing in this game is actually difficult, Nerfing Onsalught is the wrong way to go. This game needs less nerfs, less catering to new players, and less down scaling of difficulties. 'ELITE' Onslaught is designed as an endgame activity to provide a challenge to more advanced, well equipped and more well rounded players.... In its current state, it still doesn't.

going ask how? with a Loki + khora combo, also that isnt a solo XD. but really "nerfing" it where we can do more zones is not a bad thing as it wont at all effect it for other players, instead, it makes it more rewarding for them. i guss in a way it just feels bad but geting to only 8 n spaming it isnt that bad. just feels like it

1 minute ago, Urska said:

going ask how? with a Loki + khora combo, also that isnt a solo XD. but really "nerfing" it where we can do more zones is not a bad thing as it wont at all effect it for other players, instead, it makes it more rewarding for them. i guss in a way it just feels bad but geting to only 8 n spaming it isnt that bad. just feels like it

IV soloed it with a loki.... then with a khora.... Dont pick someones sentences a part... .and No, nerfing it would not make it more rewarding, There is more to the term "rewarding" that actual mission rewards. At a certain point the rewards will dry up, For example, iv already farmed everything in normal and elite. Im sick and tired of everything getting "easier"... Elite onslaught is actually sorta fun simply because it has a small aspect of difficulty. That difficulty, that challenge is what i call a "rewarding experience" if i can just mow my way to zone 20 with my eyes closed, thats boring. Most people can make it to 12 relatively easily, most people decide to stop at 8 because of the difficulty ramp up getting to 16. I do not fault them for that, its their choice. But "ELITE" is as the title implies.... more difficult, more challenging, not necessarily more rewarding.

As a side note.... Its people who imminently call of nerfs rather than try to learn the gameplay and get better, that are ruining the game for people who want MORE challenge and MORE difficulty. You are 1 player out of millions.... you are entitled to your opinion.... but dont make it sound like its the most popular opinion. Plus your post lacks any constructive feedback, its just wanting things to be easier. I will give you credit for not being someone who wants things handed to them. 

4 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

IV soloed it with a loki.... then with a khora.... Dont pick someones sentences a part... .and No, nerfing it would not make it more rewarding, There is more to the term "rewarding" that actual mission rewards. At a certain point the rewards will dry up, For example, iv already farmed everything in normal and elite. Im sick and tired of everything getting "easier"... Elite onslaught is actually sorta fun simply because it has a small aspect of difficulty. That difficulty, that challenge is what i call a "rewarding experience" if i can just mow my way to zone 20 with my eyes closed, thats boring. Most people can make it to 12 relatively easily, most people decide to stop at 8 because of the difficulty ramp up getting to 16. I do not fault them for that, its their choice. But "ELITE" is as the title implies.... more difficult, more challenging, not necessarily more rewarding.

As a side note.... Its people who imminently call of nerfs rather than try to learn the gameplay and get better, that are ruining the game for people who want MORE challenge and MORE difficulty. You are 1 player out of millions.... you are entitled to your opinion.... but dont make it sound like its the most popular opinion. Plus your post lacks any constructive feedback, its just wanting things to be easier. I will give you credit for not being someone who wants things handed to them. 

tbh not sure what to say not cuz your right but I don't feel like fighting due to I disagree with almost everything you said. I have rewritten this a few times and not really sure why so blah Lol. going go back to playing with my peeps and see if i can break it like most stuff in WF I touch, just wanted to play WF normal without stacking or breaking it, cuz that makes it dull over time, Soo cya and thanks for not just giving some childish hate post like a few here did

2 minutes ago, Urska said:

tbh not sure what to say not cuz your right but I don't feel like fighting due to I disagree with almost everything you said. I have rewritten this a few times and not really sure why so blah Lol. going go back to playing with my peeps and see if i can break it like most stuff in WF I touch, just wanted to play WF normal without stacking or breaking it, cuz that makes it dull over time, Soo cya and thanks for not just giving some childish hate post like a few here did

You just have to remember there are 2 sides to every story. Iv soloed with a few of the warframes people commonly think are the worse warframes for the gamemode. It comes down the player skill. Do you want to become better at the game? Overcome challenges? or do you want more stagnation? more 'easy' content? The way i see it, ESO, while it has major problems in forms of bugs, is a step in the right direction. Maybe what you want is a more rounded experience, rather than an easy one. The bugs and spawn rates need to be fixed, The way efficency is gained/lost reworked to make nuke frames less viable. 

1 hour ago, Urska said:

this most likely wont be the only of this post so going keep it short and simple.... plz fix the scaling of the zones where they are easier, it says they are 80s but they play more like 110s, seems normal counters dont work that well.... only being able to get to zone 7 if lucky with barely any real reward is soooo bad...  the low drop chance for vandel parts only seems far if most people can get to zone 20+... sad fact is most cant even get to 10, it feels like getting punished for trying....cant even really buy the parts too due to like really small % of players can even have a chance to get them...

Plz keep the salt on the low, dont just read topic name and QQ at me with childish post

on a happy note, i love the Sanctuary Onslaught alot but needs better scaling, its a nice break from normal gameplay and the block of some skills if used too much is awesome,

SUM UP

Low Drop chance = Long games ( ton of zones)

Low Drop Chance =/= short games ( small amount of zones)

Well obviously it's just a fact of learning how to play. Onslaught has two game modes, right?

2 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I'm hoping some of the crowds aren't right in their paranoia when they say: "What if Sanctuary Onslaught is a game-mode to help DE find Mass Hoard Murder Cheese tactics and squash them?".

I haven't even picked Equinox back up yet and forma'd her, I'm that fearful of a "Surprise Rework" popping up any day now (after what happened to Ember and all *cough*).

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The best ''teamwork'' that the Elite Onslaught really advocates is to get 1 Trinity and 3 Equinoxes to cheese by juggling the nuke damage from player to player.

I think you mean: Gameplay Mechanics.

Game mechanics are constructs of rules or methods designed for interaction with the game state, thus providing gameplay.[1] All games use mechanics; however, theories and styles differ as to their ultimate importance to the game. In general, the process and study of game design, or ludology, are efforts to come up with game mechanics that allow for people playing a game to have an engaging, but not necessarily fun, experience.

Has yet

.... it's been proven otherwise...

https://youtu.be/kHhh-JGZ6N0

Contiously.
:awkward:

Edited by Kinjeto

3 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

This is about solo mode, isn't it?

Yes, and its harder in solo mode now because the survivability of the enemies was buffed, well fixed, and brought to normal levels.

Edited by PoisonHD

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

Yes, and its harder in solo mode now because the survivability of the enemies was buffed, well fixed and brought to normal levels.

Sanctuary Onslaught is an endless game mode introduced in Update 22.18. It is similar to Survival, but players are limited to one big room from a random tileset and opposing faction is also randomized from round to round.

Players must complete The New Strange to access this game mode. To begin, players must talk to Cephalon Simaris at his Sanctuary in any Relay or select "Sanctuary Onslaught" in the Syndicate World State Window tab.

3 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

-snip- (Quote wouldn't quote)

No idea what you're trying to say except that people should bring a team. Honestly I don't think this thread is about solo mode, I think it's just about enemies scaling harder or something. 

"Players" there doesn't refer to multiple players in the mission, it refers to people playing the gamemode. 

Edited by PoisonHD

6 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

Players as in more than one.

Not really, "players must complete the new strange" makes it clear they are referring to every player of the game as an individual, and each individual playing the gamemode, not amount of players in mission.

Edited by PoisonHD

7 hours ago, chinhnguyen said:

you can solo 8 zones and out. is ez. but NINE RELICS in elite rotation C. fk it

https://imgur.com/rDicDJ0

Everytime i play Elite Onslaught, I would get 85% Relics, 8% Captura Scenes, 5% Vandal Parts, and 2% Synthetic Eidolon Shard. Getting Relics there is extremely easy compare to what's more interesting to farm for like Vandal Parts.

Hi DE i really love warframe you made it the best game that i have never ever played before .And it for free . I really love all the efforts you are puting in the game and how you always listen to us . but this new mod sanctuary . Can you please change the drop chance .imagine since day 1 this game mods come i keep geting relics and relics and relics I am talking about elite . how it possible to make braton vandal bp 2% chances it driving me crazy i am spending 8h00 each days trying to get this new weapons but no luck you can see in my game history i am playing only this mod traying to get the vandal parts. Can you please make it the more we go in the less relics drop please because if we would like to farm relics there is a lot of. Mission that make it easy to get them. Pleaase De pleaaase fix this drop chances in the sanctuary .Hope get some feedback soon.
Thanks for the great work that you are doing

Making later zones super hard to push back against leaderboard inflation is all fine.  I never had a problem with that.

My problem is that the basic 8 round AABC is unsoloable without the cheesiest of cheese builds.

Squad size modifiers are a must.  Lower spawns, lower drain rate or higher gains per kill to balance it out.

Scale 1-8 back to 22.18.6 levels.  Mainly Grineer.  The "fix" just brought the armor scaling issue up to a massive degree.  Corpus and infested feel fine to fight now but Grineer and corrupted just drain you.  There shouldn't be that much variance between rounds based on RNG tile/faction combination.  It should be a gradual scaling of how hard it is, not 1 round 100, next round all the way down to 20, next round stay even, next round all the way back up to 100, etc.

34 minutes ago, Callback said:

Making later zones super hard to push back against leaderboard inflation is all fine.  I never had a problem with that.

My problem is that the basic 8 round AABC is unsoloable without the cheesiest of cheese builds.

Squad size modifiers are a must.  Lower spawns, lower drain rate or higher gains per kill to balance it out.

Scale 1-8 back to 22.18.6 levels.  Mainly Grineer.  The "fix" just brought the armor scaling issue up to a massive degree.  Corpus and infested feel fine to fight now but Grineer and corrupted just drain you.  There shouldn't be that much variance between rounds based on RNG tile/faction combination.  It should be a gradual scaling of how hard it is, not 1 round 100, next round all the way down to 20, next round stay even, next round all the way back up to 100, etc.

Armor Scaling is a real issue. When i did some testing with a Lvl 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunner’s Armor with the formula through the Wiki, it got a little over 98% Damage Reduction. Pretty sure a lvl 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner would have 95% which can bring her EH way, way higher than any enemy in this game i think except for the Eidolons And Ambulas. A Tigris Prime can kill a lvl 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in 8 shots when i used it in my old account. Most likely from Slash. If Armor stops Scaling for them, then the Corrupted and Grineer won’t be as Bullet Spongey as right now. 98% Damage Reduction is like Pre - nerf Chroma level of Tankiness.

Edited by VPrime96

Squad size modifier.  Either slow the drain or increase the efficiency gained per kill to compensate for not only the lower size but the lower **spawn rate.**

Individual enemy modifiers.  Why IS a bombard worth the same as a charger?  Give some value to a flexible build that can do both AoE mass murder and precision high-powered takedowns.

Tile modifiers.  This is more of a manual calibration thing but certain tiles just need either more spawns or slower drain to make up for how sparse it is and/or pathing issues.

I get wanting to make high level rounds of elite hard to put a strong soft cap on leaderboards.  But the basic AABC rounds 1-8 should be doable for any endgame player.  It needs to be soloable without the cheesiest of cheese.  Everything past 8 is just extra challenge and can be as insane as it needs to to push back against leaderboards, but the basic reward rotation needs to be reachable and farmable.  

Edited by Callback