Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

add random portal appear places because (and it usually when i play this mode) i play in one place. Portal will appear and i will be moved through it to the next zone even if i dont want it and it is always in wave 8 when people are leaving. Who passed is screwed because host usually wont be so kind to go through the portal and give opportunity to get the items which dropped or at least fix this host migration glitch

https://imgur.com/2vbL8FL

Edited by Baterial

A thought occurred to me when I was trying to farm for the Vandal parts, since Onslaught is under the Syndicate tab on the Navigation screen, and Simaris would actually congratulate you on giving him good data as a result of doing Onslaught, but in a way I found it strange that we don't get any Syndicate Points from him, despite him congratulating us.

Could Onslaught be another way of farming Simaris' Rep Points? Expanding on his Offering reward tables? I personally don't take out Scanners since I use the Helicore or Helios to passively scan enemies just to fill the codex, Ordis Fragments, Somatone. Only on the rare occasion of having a Synthesis target on a mission will I ever take out a Trap and Scanner, otherwise I usually never gain any rep for him, and I don't have much reason to unless I want to grab his other rewards like the Green Screen or even his Helios Skin. 

I just personally think this could be an opportunity to expand on Simaris, since he needs us for gathering data it could introduce ranks with him, along with an increased rewards on his pool table, and a new way to gain standing for him. Unless its the rewards we get at the end of every Onslaught run his way of saying thanks, then I can understand that.

Another player here - got to wave 9 and the host left. Migration failed and I only got 2 rewards - as I type, I'm still stuck at loading screen. DevTeam, Onslaught still needs work done on it - I'm going to put this mode on the back burner until it's fixed.

Edited by Mach25

Passing through 8 waves only to get a relic at the end is disheartening. What i do daily recently is go through the sortie missions, then do a single run of easy sanctuary onslaught, hoping for the khora systems to drop, get another relic @ zone 8, quit the  game.

I've spent countless hours, since Khora's introduction in the game trying to farm her. Here is what I have so far .... a RIDICULOUS amount of frustration and  N I N E  CHASSIS! .... 9 !!!! Holy RNGsus !!!!  Are you kidding me?  Like other faithful players, I farm EVERYTHING, I think it helps you appreciate it more. This is honestly the worst. Even worse than Harrow.  I sincerely do not understand a few things.  1. Where is the quest that goes with this frame? ... Simaris just tells you go get it ? thats it? really?  2. Why was it removed from Elite Onslaught?  I've had one piece of Khora drop for me since you removed it from Elite missions and yes, it was in fact YET ANOTHER Chassis! I've got an easy fix for this .... Make the frame parts trade able. You guys have seriously irritated even the most loyal players like me who have played since the beginning. If you wont make it trade able, then seriously why cant you have parts drop in BOTH Elite and Reg. Onslaught? All I used to run was Elite missions. Now Im forced to play with the noobs who leave after 3, 4, 5 and occasionally 6 rounds and then sit through host migration that ALWAYS ends up in me losing everything I've got for reward to that point. 

I really wish you would have polished this more before releasing it in game.  We just got Zephyr Prime (which by the way - Thank you!!) we were good on frames and then this.  Im sorry it just came off as rushed and broken.

I still love you guys, you do make me #Triggered when you rush content though. I still tell friends to play Warframe and will continue to do so. Please fix this. It was and still is essentially broken.

mmmkay thanks.... good talk

Mauz

Not sure if this has been posted before but: make the normal version of onslaught drop focus lenses instead of relics. You can only get lenses in the plains which not everyone likes doing, this gives at least a secondary option and relics already drop almost everywhere. Onslaugh was supposed to help with focus right? then make it also be a place to get lenses for the focus. (PS: Simaris would like it for "efficiency" increase)

I've always assumed it was DE's way to make people spend plat. Make something so stupid (host migrations, no rewards, broken gamemode) and then add in ridiculous drop rates, eventually the people will give up and just buy it right? Someone worked out the hours to farm every part, and all i thought was, i can run so many Vault runs in that time i could sell the mods from them and buy 3 or 4 Khora's....

i feel that the gamemode isn't as rewarding as it should be, idk...
maybe increasing rare drop chances as we stay in the mission would be nice

Edited by FrioCalor
accidentally posted without finishing typing lol

Onslaught. That new game mode. I tried it twice on launch and hated it so much that I threw it out entirely. The problem there was that the efficiency dropped far too fast to do anything. I was butchering enemies as fast as I could find them, but the life support timer dropped to zero regardless and the mission failed me.

Well, perhaps now that a week and a half has passed, the game mode might actually be workable now? NOPE. I tried it once more and the timer still drops WAY too fast for me to reach wave 8. I'm not a bad player, and I don't consider my loadout to be trash (multi-forma ash or loki with tonbo or lesion; ranged are sanctigris and aklex prime, but melee kills much faster than shooting things anyway), but the missions keep crapping themselves. Either there are no enemies to kill, or no matter how fast I kill them, the timer still keeps dropping.

I honestly don't know what to say. Was this game mode even tested in a squad which isn't a perfect min-max ability nuker composition? Has it still not been tested without that setup?

Edited by DoomFruit

So the ESO maps apparently rotated, and the first six zones went by relatively fine solo.

Zone 7 however, is a complete mess. It's the double-tiered conveyor belt canyon tile from Ceres, and is a perfect example of a troll tile in ESO. Half of the same spawn-grouping of enemies will appear on the top level, while the other half appears on the bottom level, showing up on the map as a red blob occupying the same exact spot, albeit dotted with white up and down arrows. Then, the half of the enemy squad that spawned underneath the rest of their group will try to run up, and because of the giant bottomless pit running from one end of the tile to the other, they only succeed in splitting themselves up even more. Once they're nice and discombobulated by the conveyor belts, stairs, and layered walkways on either side of the pit, their AI takes a dive, they apparently go brain dead, and they ignore you completely even when you're only a few feet away from them.

Your kills are effectively halved by poor spawn locations, and then reduced further by broken AI, which is made more likely to break as it fails to navigate a tile which clearly doesn't fit with the other close-in and personal tiles.

Now here's the truly infuriating part. In EVERY zone there will be a significant portion of enemies who will completely ignore you and stand around doing nothing at the edge of the map, no matter what. That is, until the portal begins to appear. The second it starts to manifest, their AI fixes itself, and every enemy hiding at every corner of the map comes rushing in like they should in the first place. Aggro/ awareness of, and pathing to the player during the kill period of the zones is clearly broken, and yet, when Simaris gives you the heads up, there's suddenly zero problems.

If there are going to be parts with a two percent drop rate in the tail end rotations of a game mode, players need to be able to reach those rotations reliably. Apply harsher restrictions AFTER one full rotation. The combination of bugs, broken AI and poor tile choices compound with the realization that you're only farming for a chance to reach the zone with that two percent drop. If you're running in a squad, add in a chance to lose everything to host migration.

Edited by Hyohakusha

I think energy drops could be more. It gets really hard to maintain energy unless you have a Trinity or Energizing Dash because of the Energy Leech Eximuses. It makes really hard for fun builds to make it wave 8 in normal onslaught mode.

I believe an incrase of energy orb drop rate can enable more versitale frame comps and incrase overall enjoyment of farming early stages.

I like the new mode. However, whenever I want to keep going after eight rounds, people just straight up leave not caring about losing their rewards. I know its more of a people problem and not a game problem but I really wish that the mode was designed in a way that there would be more incentive to stay longer. Maybe making the later zones feel less impossible would help. I mention this also because of a bug that I put into the bug reports forum where a host migration causes me to get rewards that are different from the ones I've earned and the fact that people leave isn't helping that. :(

I'll try to be plain about this: This mode isn't worth fully the time both the devs and players invest/ed in it... but it can be.

Okay now for the not so plain part of why I said that.

Mission: Kills per second. How many kills per second is necessary out of a single person, or two people, or three people, or a full squad to satisfy the max efficiency drain speed without "resorting to 'cheese-ing' and 'metas' and 'possible questionable things'(ill explain this one somewhat in a bit)", and can this be auto-adjust to cases of sudden party changes? These are questions should the drain meter be kept and adjusted for the better. My other question would be why lie to us and damage our trust in you about forcing duration limits on what was assured as an endless mission. Bit of a pancake flip is all i'm implying, but an answer would be nice if willing to share one.

Rewards(quantity): Some of the loot from the pools isn't enough for both forms Sanctuary Onslaught(esp. elite), even though its reward PACE/TIMING is on par to survival, and may need to be given more impact in size. For example 50% more endo and 10k-15k focus total from eidolon shard/s. otherwise excavations and vodyanoi arena is more efficient to do for endo and a set or two of eidolon hunting would be more efficient to do focus. A core to casual player MAY do one set of eidolons a cetus night and hardcores with unairu wisps and void strikes are pulling off 3 sets a cetus night. That's 155k focus a set and up to near 10(9.6) nights in a 24hr span. We can range focus gains OUTSIDE the foucs cap to be at least 6458.3 focus per hour if a set was done once per day to 58124.7 focus, give or take, per hour if successfully able to pull off 3 sets in all possible cetus nights in a 24hour span. It's not impossible of a max range, but maybe improbable(who knows, weekend warriors?) because of sorties to do or miss out, mission dailies, load times, disconnects, living and staying nourished, hotfix and patch timings(apologies if some readers get triggered), power outages, ISP issues, idk, etc.. IN A NUTSHELL W THE SYNTHETIC SHARD (this section is getting a bit word filled XD) the shard isn't worth it of a reward to be gained in a mode for one form of endgame. Either the shard can be something like 1 10k shard or 2 5k shards and hopefully isn't a gain of only 5k as if the limited focus is counting/ed AGAINST the size/gain of the shard.or something. The relics are not much an issue really. Putting Khora in vanilla onslaught was a smart move for it actually lead to a couple of pug groups actually wanting to go farther than zone 8, Which was/is a plus and minus because there was a "meta" player leading and wanting to that distance in each one and I felt bad for that player carrying us pugs.

Rewards(quality): The reward pools could either use an additional tier to be more worth traveling into the later zones, or a 2nd rotation passed the first AABC rotation that is of better quality like, as an example, AABC then ABC ABC ABC (etc),or AABC and then ABCD ABCD ABCD. Still too many parties ending at zone 8(for other reasons that is likely in this post or other posts, myself included less than occasionally yet increasing rate) so there is still a lack of incentive to push limits of the mode's mission and zones.

Enemies:When comparing factions, the Grineer will be the most difficult to fight to maintain the drain speeds on the meter due to armor scaling(hold that thought about CP aura, readers), and, per enemies available, the amount of efficiency gained does not scale well enough(if any or at all) between enemy factions and enemy qualities. By that I mean, as far as scoring points are concerned, if a plain enemy is 10 points and eximus 100, and factions serve any difficulty to gains, and they do, then the most efficient points gain would be an Infested mob eximus unit, and least being a Grineer/corrupted Grineer heavy plain unit. Then, as far as the efficiency drain meter, same factions will apply for easiest and most difficult to maintain the efficiency what with types of damage mitigation/s that got to be elementally or IPS forced bypass or barreling through. Should the efficiency meter stay, the points and efficiency gain may have to be scaled upwards to compensate for the difficulty per factions and enemies(mob /heavy).

This  little scale may help my case with onslaught duration on a scale of 1 being "*shrug*NEXT!" to 10 being "That's a GG*Takes the L*"

if pug/random(a premade squad may be runnin something like all coaction drift and 3 CPs and Enemy Radar/ Disruption/etc for all I know.)

Grineer-10                  Corrupted-7.3                     Corpus-4.5                      Infested-1.8

10-           9-           8-           7-           6-           5-           4-           3-           2-          1

Grineer- Corrosive Projection(CP) armor strip/ Armor bypass MANDATORY... but you deal with 3 other factions(hmmm...). They often make you chase them down and keep semi scattered. Expect the efficiency to drop, depending on zone and room setup, or a mission end at higher zones 10+ maybe.

Corrupted- A lesser extent of a mix of the other 3.

Corpus-Main concern seems to be just sappers and nullifiers, then techs and moas. They won't swarm but want a more clear shot at a closer range. Rest is essentially cake unless in a large zone.

Infested- So much cake that your teeth will ring liberty bell style... well minus energy drain eximuses(... eximi?eximus? that might bother me)  and ancient auras. They will Left 4 Dead swarm you... YES PLEASE.

All: hope for a room/spot with least visual obstructions.

Rooms(and metas/methods): I might get some flak for this, but varying extent of reason based on zone size, the metas for reaching passed zone 8 and well beyond involve bypassing line of sight. Firearms with punchthrough is not an issue, but ANY melee with enough range to clip through terrain, walls, doors, etc., and abilities are capable of damaging those that supposed to be obstructed from view/out of reach. You may already know of some, if not all, methods, but an address to the other factors of supporting my main statement may make these measures/ methods less of a "NEED" and allow for more squad / solo player diversity. I'll leave it at that for now in case I'd have to elaborate.

I hope this post was able to shine lights on Onslaught's problem just right and with possible suggestions/solutions that are fair enough to try

On 2018-05-01 at 12:22 PM, SilverRook said:

host migration can suck a $&*^..

A9905C9EB445EC8DA5E1C83D9FBE089D9DC2A300

7B8BD1B5FFAB6D7CE57EE70EEFF5CEB5CB428C62

i thought this was fixed.....

whats the POINT in endless missions if people quit ending YOUR game too..... 

INB4 "play solo then mf" 

I normally get that when the host don't go through the Portal when you go through it.

Edited by VPrime96

Repeatable bug:

if you press transference to go to operator at the same time the portal materializes, it super slowmo goes into operator and for the duration of the run your operator moves extremely slow and actions take forever to complete. you can mash your key to enter the void to do void dash and it will take forever to enter, then if you actually void dash, movement is painfully slow

On 2018-05-01 at 6:41 PM, Ceanmunt said:

Like the others have said, there are two modes? Oh wait, you don't want to hear that do you? If you can't handle Elite, play baby mode until you can.

Except that, this baby mode doesn't exist. The node "Normal Onslaught" is a mis-spell which suppose to be "Hard Onslaught".

A couple things.

ESO. At Zone 7 twice and Efficiency dropped to the 30s for some reason even though clearing the map. Efficiency orbs glitching on not giving extra efficiency. Got to zone 8 and squad couldn't finish it, lost one of the 3 rewards from previous zones.

Also, every hot fix makes Focus farming takes longer. When Onslaught was released it took me 6 zones (when it was 250k). Then the more hot fixes.. was taking 8 + 4 (when it was upped to 375k), then 8 + 8... now? 8 + 8 + 5ish (thats at least 50 mins of play). I get it some stuff have been reversed and it needs to be controlled and not abused, but seems weird even with a Booster and Eidolon Lens  + Greater Lens + every one killing everything on sight. Also taking in consideration it can be done in Adaro in less time.

Last thing. Efficiency seems to be dropping harder after the last two hot fixes. Making even completing zone 8 with a full squad a hard task on Elite. This has people asking for RQ Banshee and EV Trin and Roar Rhino on Normal mode... I haven't played normal in days but ugh.

I love this mode, it gives good rewards, a focus farming method/solution to exploiting Maim Equinox, also is a Killing Simulator. But wow, it riddles me how a lot of stuff is not fully sorted out yet. 

If I want to farm focus with an out-of-sight build this mode is great.  /s  (I don't this to be the place for that, we have places for that)

More and more however, for a melee-focused player it's basically 8 waves of derping about waiting for things to get interesting (usually with an out-of-sight frame just blowing up random chunks of the map.  I'm mobile and keep my radar up and that's still a PITA when looking for fun....and then when I get things I FINALLY can't one-shot Simaris kicks me out (more often than not everyone's left by 9)

So it's kind of a tease, I finally get a nice challenge and I don't get to play with the nice sturdy mobs that are finally showing up.  

I'm pretty much exclusively Smashframe now (I AM the bullet), and it feels like this is exactly the type of mode that should be able to reward playing the game that enthusiastically.  I know I can tweak things to get further (and of course Saryn does much better damage-wise), but I'm more concerned about the 'race to have a burst of rewarding content followed by that content vanishing when it hasn't even challenged me enough to get me to do the stance dance properly.'  

Between this and Syndicate targets ('Oh! Something in this mass of mobs is pushing back, time to start...' What have you done?! Synthesis only works on the living! Can you control your murderous impulses for the good of the Sanctuary?!"  *sadshameguilt*) I'm beginning to develop an active dislike for Mr. 'I don't know what personal space is'

Also, small bug, but it seems like I'm having a weirdly hard time picking up orbs to bring back my kitteh, even if I make sure I take damage. Anyone else noticing that? 

Edited by FreeWilliam

I've given up on this mode entirely the drop rates are awful, half the rewards aren't worth it, its so boring that watching paint dry has 100% more entertainment value, DE basically killed solo play, pugs are all "Cheese or GTFO" doesn't matter if its elite or casual mode.

So like Archwings loathed by the majority of the community, The Void aside from Argon it serves no purpose anymore, Derelicts this lost nearly all purpose a long time ago all it has is a few random bits, Rathuum its only use is as an Endo farm and it can't even do that well anymore, The Index Credit farm, Defection tedium given form, Salvage..... no one likes this game mode...no one, Lunaro died in a little over 3 weeks there is a lesson in there somewhere, Onslaught is just another gamemode that will eventually be forgotten or avoided by the majority of players.